EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

My preorder number is 1165. The grip I mentioned is the redesigned one Ed did a video on a few weeks back.

Now I see what you mean. Darn I really like the original grip, I wonder if Brian will give us the option of being able to choose, not really feeling the updated version

I also like the original vertical grip. I wish there was an option for one like the Ergo Suregrip in rubber overmold. It sure helps with sweaty hands.

My preorder number is 1165. The grip I mentioned is the redesigned one Ed did a video on a few weeks back.

Now I see what you mean. Darn I really like the original grip, I wonder if Brian will give us the option of being able to choose, not really feeling the updated version

I also like the original vertical grip. I wish there was an option for one like the Ergo Suregrip in rubber overmold. It sure helps with sweaty hands.

There is one. It’s the Ergo zero angle grip. Ergo zero angle. I also like a more vertical style grip. And may go with the hogue one instead. Not quite zero, but not a big fan of finger grooves. Hogue 15 degree grips

There is one. It’s the Ergo zero angle grip. Ergo zero angle. I also like a more vertical style grip. And may go with the hogue one instead. Not quite zero, but not a big fan of finger grooves. Hogue 15 degree grips

I'm referring to the exact same factory EDgun grip shape but in rubber overmold.

I'm referring to the exact same factory EDgun grip shape but in rubber overmold.

Roll your own, comes in all sizes, you will need a tube at least 2" wide, turn inside out, wash of the talcum

bicycle tube.1615272504.JPG

Leshiy classic bicycle tube grip.1615272522.JPG

bicycle tube Leshey 2.1615272531.JPG

My Walther barrel on the L2 get dirty real quick (black grease from pellets only, no lead flakes) so I usually run 4-5 patches trough it after 10 mags or so, comes out really dirty

This begs the question, what pellets are you shooting?

Only JSB - all my other PCP's shoots just fine with dirty barrels, got 6 FX´s, Typhoon, Typhoon twelve, Cyclone, Cutlas, Monsoon, Revolution , all with Walther barrels

...At these disappointing results I decided to try the 44.75gr and 50.15gr JSB Pellets. The 44.75 gr had 2 terrible fliers in the 8 shot group that gave it a 5.5" group. Even removing those it was still over an inch...

..In trying to guess what might cause this I can only thing of a few things. The adaptor to silencer (unlikely), The new Barrell (possible), Platform itself just isn't that capable, max power settings pushing the platform to inaccuracies...

"terrible fliers" - just to rule out any problems with the breech lockup (like I had, the latch was moving in the vertical direction), open and close the breech after every shot to reset the latch - any problems with indexing of magazine (very highly unlikely) you could try loading the pellet directly in the barrel

Some more data points. Did some 50 yard testing with 600mm .30 Barrell Turned to Max settings (160 Bar) and one 0.2 Valve.

I also have the bigger plenum on the gun. Results were disappointing. Intended on trying some at 75 yards but was too dissatisfied with the results to go beyond 50 yards. Here is a look at the setup. Should be minimal human induced error and the groupings were far worse than what I typically induce at this range with this setup. I have maybe 100ish shots on the 600mm barrell I go it last week.

IMG_20210308_125333.1615231160.jpg

In an effort to help you with your accuracy issues I will point out two glaring issues I see.

1 - You can't shoot for accuracy with the FX chrono attached to the gun.

2 - The EV adapter you are using leaves a gap between the barrel and the end of the adapter. Search back a few pages I measured and posted on this exact thing. 

You need this adapter: https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/airgun-silencers/eagle-vision-vulcan-1/2-unf-muzzle-adaptor/

L2 Accuracy issues.1615301035.jpg

"terrible fliers" - just to rule out any problems with the breech lockup (like I had, the latch was moving in the vertical direction), open and close the breech after every shot to reset the latch - any problems with indexing of magazine (very highly unlikely) you could try loading the pellet directly in the barrel

Thanks, will try this when I shoot again later this week. I am inclined to think this isn't the case because the 2 huge fliers were back to back around shot 3 and 4 so in the middle of the 8 round magazine but who knows.

Some more data points. Did some 50 yard testing with 600mm .30 Barrell Turned to Max settings (160 Bar) and one 0.2 Valve.

I also have the bigger plenum on the gun. Results were disappointing. Intended on trying some at 75 yards but was too dissatisfied with the results to go beyond 50 yards. Here is a look at the setup. Should be minimal human induced error and the groupings were far worse than what I typically induce at this range with this setup. I have maybe 100ish shots on the 600mm barrell I go it last week.

In an effort to help you with your accuracy issues I will point out two glaring issues I see.

1 - You can't shoot for accuracy with the FX chrono attached to the gun.

2 - The EV adapter you are using leaves a gap between the barrel and the end of the adapter. Search back a few pages I measured and posted on this exact thing. 

You need this adapter: https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/airgun-silencers/eagle-vision-vulcan-1/2-unf-muzzle-adaptor/

Thanks ordered adaptor and will try when it arrives, may just shoot in unsuppressed and see what happens. Neighbors arent super close but not that far either so will have to time it well! Also going to try to make an insert for the slim FX Barrell to try to the lothar walter barrel outer width of 0.55" . Am curious how they will perform on this platform

I had a similar lock up/no mag rotation. It happened after changing valve jets. I ordered a whole set to experiment with and found problems with it cycling on most new combinations but not on the original factory set jets. On closer inspection I noticed on a lot of the shots it sounded like the valves or the odd valve would not shut properly or struggle to close. Inspecting the rim of the jets where the spring closes them they looked to be slightly dinged. The new jets seem to have a slight lip on them where the factory set ones did not. Anyway, I have since replaced one of the jet holes with a screw and opted for just the one jet at 1.3 (the largest one in the set) as I wanted to reduce dwell time. It seems more reliable with the one jet than the two, and have not had any mag cycling problems since. 

I experienced a mishap of the semi-auto function today. My mags were not rotating on all of the shots and it was very firm to rotate the mag by hand. Spent a few hours trying out different things, cleaning everything, adjusting the top screw to the hole the mag goes in. Nothing seemed to make a difference until I started inspecting the the notched piece on the valve part that rotates the magazine and noticed the pin protruding what seemed like a bit too far out. Knocked it back in so the pin was flush with the back and everything seems good again. What I can assume is that is the pin had pushed out far enough that it was pressing against the hex screw in the middle of the magazine causing binding.

Just a heads-up of something else to check for those with semi function issues. I'd say about 5-6,000 rounds in before this happened to me. 

Part 46 below:

Leshiy 2 Cycle Issue.1614198295.jpg

I had a similar lock up/no mag rotation. It happened after changing valve jets. I ordered a whole set to experiment with and found problems with it cycling on most new combinations but not on the original factory set jets. On closer inspection I noticed on a lot of the shots it sounded like the valves or the odd valve would not shut properly or struggle to close. Inspecting the rim of the jets where the spring closes them they looked to be slightly dinged. The new jets seem to have a slight lip on them where the factory set ones did not. Anyway, I have since replaced one of the jet holes with a screw and opted for just the one jet at 1.3 (the largest one in the set) as I wanted to reduce dwell time. It seems more reliable with the one jet than the two, and have not had any mag cycling problems since. 

@888 - that's very odd behavior. What barrel combo and reg pressure are you using? 

The .25 and .30 get less back pressure because of the bigger holes in the backplate. I found with .25 that going under ~70ish bar on the reg and it start to not rotate so well. 

With .22 I've brought the reg down to 50 bar and the L2 still operated with no issues. 

I know many of you guys on this thread will laugh at me for asking this question, but how long do you think it'll be before pre-orders placed in February 2021 are fulfilled? My order doesn't even have the four-digit pre-order numbers that you all have, just a regular order number that would include everything else (22,xxxx). When I placed it, the website said "taking orders now fo fulfillment in March," but as much as I am hoping that's the case, it's not the end of the world. Having come from the PB world, I think I waited a year and a half for a rifle once. Thankfully, I'm not in short supply of patience, but I am curious about my place in line.

What a beautiful day - 61 degrees with a light breeze here in CT and the snow is still melting - weird.

I had some good luck with the NSA 17.5 .2165 slugs so I ordered some 20.2 and 23 grain in .2165 as well. It must have something to do with the interaction of the slugs weight/length and the barrel twist rate in .22 that slugs don't seem to do well going really fast.

A few days ago I posted a few groups with the 17.5gr @ 850 fps.

Today I shot a few groups with the 20.2 @ 825 fps. Distance 46 yards. 

Ignore the middle group - that was the Cricket II last night with JSB 18.1 @ 750 fps. 

The bottom group is the first mag of 8 shots. Wasn't trying very hard and more figuring out the right elevation and wind. Top group I was like, no way, when I just saw one hole getting a little bigger and bigger. A few times I thought I had missed the target altogether. 

Leshiy 2 Target 3-9-2021 - 1.1615324616.jpeg

It may not be match, but you cannot argue that a properly setup Leshiy 2 is not capable of MOA. 

I know many of you guys on this thread will laugh at me for asking this question, but how long do you think it'll be before pre-orders placed in February 2021 are fulfilled? My order doesn't even have the four-digit pre-order numbers that you all have, just a regular order number that would include everything else (22,xxxx). When I placed it, the website said "taking orders now fo fulfillment in March," but as much as I am hoping that's the case, it's not the end of the world. Having come from the PB world, I think I waited a year and a half for a rifle once. Thankfully, I'm not in short supply of patience, but I am curious about my place in line.

I'm guessing end of March, but it's just a guess. It looks to me like production is starting to meet demand - People who pre-ordered this year are getting theres, so it's just a matter of time. That said, don't be in a hurry, the Leshiy 2 is nothing but problems. For instance, when I got mine, I had "a lifetime supply" of quality pellets, now they've disappeared(!) and I'm shooting any piece of lead I can find that's the right diameter! Furthermore I think I'm wearing out the o-rings on my fill probe. What's a fella to do? ;-)

GsT

@888 - that's very odd behavior. What barrel combo and reg pressure are you using? 

The .25 and .30 get less back pressure because of the bigger holes in the backplate. I found with .25 that going under ~70ish bar on the reg and it start to not rotate so well. 

With .22 I've brought the reg down to 50 bar and the L2 still operated with no issues.

I have a .22 250 barrel. Reg came set at 130 with 0.7 and I think 0.1 jets (there was no number on it and the 0.7 one had "7" marked in it in sharpie, not etched). I had this combo with the reg all the way down to 70 and 50 until my new jets arrived. I got the valkyrie reg tester just before the jets arrived as well to check my settings. It all worked fine until I changed the jets for reduced dwell times. I had the reg back up to 70 and used at first pairs of 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 and 1,all of which jammed at some point or another. I tried off pairs and with a 1.3 and a 0.3 it was at its worst. Wheras before it would fire a round then dry fire the empty chamber and then cycle to a live chamber, now it would not cycle at all. I tried dry firing with all chambers empty and sometimes it would rotate and sound okay ie. It would sound like the valve would fire, open and close and then on the odd shot it would sound like one of the valves would stick open and a load of air would escape. I decided to go with the one valve and a screw with reg at 70 at first and now about 60 and have had no problems since.

Also it's interesting you bring up the back plates. I also have a 1.77 barrel and magazines and tried the 1.77 backplate on the .22 magazine and found (probaby no surprise really) that it reduces the power, much like the smaller diameter power pucks do. I just thought I'd share that if anyone wanted a new way to reduce power or tinker to sub 12ft pounds that way.