• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Ctshooter, 

I appreciate the info on the moderators you recommended. 

I will look into these. 

Definitely not being negative about the gun, but if I can't comfortably shoot it in my back yard the way it is now.

I love the gun and it is an engineering marvel, I just need to find a more effective moderator. 

Thank you for the help!

Yes, it is loud out of the box despite what a handful of diehard Edgun loyalists will try to say to the contrary. You'll find that most of the noise is coming from the valve area so many/most of the common moderators don't make a significant reduction in the report. Adjusting the regulator down by itself won't solve the issue either. You'll have to use a combination of the right moderator, reg adjustment and jets combo to get any noticeable difference. I have my reg set just under 80 bar and am shooting 0.25 25.4g JSB's at ~800fps through a 350mm barrel w/ DonnyFL Ronin and it's a little quieter than when I first got it but it's still louder than any of the other rifles I've own in recent memory. It'll still sound like a pneumatic nail gun no matter what you do (unless you go with a super long barrel and/or moderator setup - which defeats the whole purpose of buying the L2 in the first place).

Yenn,

I’m running the .25 with 350mm barrel also. It will be a small game hunter for me and I to find it a little louder than I want. I got to be quiet so as not to run everything in the woods into a hiding place after a shot. I also have a pile of JSB 25.39gr and want to stick with that pellet. As delivered the L2 is very accurate with this pellet at 860 avg FPS out to my zero of 45 yards, but too loud. A question I have for you is how accurate is the 25.39 at 800 FPS out of this barrel setup, and how many shots until falling off then reg? I appreciate your response and advice.

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Yenn,

I’m running the .25 with 350mm barrel also. It will be a small game hunter for me and I to find it a little louder than I want. I got to be quiet so as not to run everything in the woods into a hiding place after a shot. I also have a pile of JSB 25.39gr and want to stick with that pellet. As delivered the L2 is very accurate with this pellet at 860 avg FPS out to my zero of 45 yards, but too loud. A question I have for you is how accurate is the 25.39 at 800 FPS out of this barrel setup, and how many shots until falling off then reg? I appreciate your response and advice.

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

My intended use for this L2 is for mostly squirrels out to 50-60yd at the farthest (most commonly between 30-40yds) and within these ranges, the L2 is more than adequate for the job. For my 30yd backyard target, I can shoot one magazine and typically get mostly a ragged one-hole group between the size of a nickel and a quarter as long I can resist the semi-auto urge and pull the trigger too quickly. There's usually one flyer in each magazine that is just outside the main hole but I attribute that to my lack of discipline and not the gun itself. For my purposes, that will kill most every squirrel I point the L2 at . . . and if not, I have the ability to do a quick follow-up as needed.

I have the 350cc installed so I'm getting about 10 magazines from a 250bar fill (you can fill all the way up to 300bar for more shots if you want to press the issue). I've never had the occasion to shoot anywhere near 10 mags on any single squirrel outing. Here's how my L2 is currently set up:

leshiy2a.1610494396.jpg

I currently have a .25/250mm and a .30/350mm with factory moderators, the Power Jets, and the 300cc bottle. On order with Brian, I'm waiting for my Vanir setup (Huma MOD 40 moderator with Valkyrie carbon fiber handguard and .25/350mm barrel). I'm on a boring work assignment today with lots of down time and just placed an order at EDgun West for a .25/450mm and a .30/450mm barrel to include a Valkyrie CF handguard for both 450mm barrels. This should keep me busy for the foreseeable future lol. As the saying goes, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop".

Does anybody know the specs for the L2 barrels, twist rate, pitch, standard rifling or polygonal and barrel diameter?

only for the Walther barrels up to now

https://www.edgunleshiy.shop/pages/leshiy-2-tech-specs

Thanks, I was told the Alpha Percision barrels have 17.7” Twist, but have not been able to confirm it

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it or not but can the factory moderator for the 350mm be used on a 250mm barrel?

Yes but note it will be a long reach from the barrel end to exit hole so make sure its all lined up perfectly

leshiy 2 - which leshiy 2 barrel length is quieter.1610276498.JPG

Thanks. Gonna try this out.

Just wanna say that I installed the 350mm factory moderator on my 250mm barrel setup yesterday and it works well in noise reduction. 

👌🏽

95F781D8-3167-41DC-BD7C-5AE937459F18.1610597710.jpeg
1FFD8F98-6D50-47DC-A868-4353B728DE3C.1610597711.jpeg

A couple of things 

1 the sound is not coming from the valve it comes from the seam of the silencer 

2 Alpha barrels have a 406mm twist 1:16

3 you can significantly quiet the gun down if you understand the jets proper set up for the power reduction. It can barely whisper even in OEM 

4. I have the luxury of having all kinds of parts I have About 15k rounds through the L2 and I have found some silencers that actually work well This doesn’t mean that once silencer is better than another brand, just sometimes things just work together. I have new things coming for you backyard types. I do wonder sometimes why a person chooses a 55 foot-pound gun when he lives in suburbia and doesn’t want his neighbors to know, but hey I’ll make something for you 

here is one set up 

30 cal 250mm tuned for 50 grain at 725

CF rail

Huma mod40 7/8 stack 

this makes the 250 quiet don’t waste time with the 350 OEM on the 250 doesn’t work that well and it increases the chance of clipping 

I actually switched it back from the OEM 350 moderator to the 250. I like the compactness of the 250 even though it's a little louder given the FPE it's putting out. I understand we can't have everything but finding a balance is the key. I have the Huma MOD 40 on pre-order and just to be clear, how many total pieces does it come with including the start chamber and end cap? Is it 5 or 6? Also, will you be listing additional volume chambers to purchase on your site?

I have new things coming for you backyard types. I do wonder sometimes why a person chooses a 55 foot-pound gun when he lives in suburbia and doesn’t want his neighbors to know, but hey I’ll make something for you

My .30 vulcan 2 makes 80-90 FT/Lbs and with the ronin is **Significantly** quieter so I do think it is possible and with other manufacturers able to get there I think there is an expectation of being able to do the same with the Leshiy 2. The difference between the vulcan 2 and the L2 is the vulcan 2 has a shroud that already helps with the sound. Even without the moderator the shroud makes it not a loud gun. With the Ronin it is about as quiet as I need. I am planning on experimenting with custom endcaps for the default 350mm moderator so that I can attach a Ronin to that. With the naked 350mm barrel and the 6 in extension for the ronin in addition to the ronin we start to get to acceptable noise levels IMO for the neighborhood. If I lived far away from people I wouldn't care. I have 2 acres but do have neighbors that I don't want to disturb. I think the L2 needs a shroud and I may experiment with that later if I get some time. 

I really hope the answer isn't just turn the power down and I want to see how short I can keep the gun as this is a backpack gun for me. When I go on hikes I throw it in the backpack. If I just need to add a removable moderator its not a big deal as it is still easy to pack in a bag (in three parts) and assemble to use. The Ronin + 6in extension does a pretty good job but it is a huge device to put on the end of the gun.

So far I am liking the gun the two things that are cons in my opinion is it is loud (maybe you don't care then its great) and I had to get one of those pushpin magnets to make reloading easier. The auto indexing is fantastic. The gun folding mechanism is great. I love being able to switch calibers. This gun has the potential to be my go to gun outside of big game hunting. I am waiting on the regulator tooling to really get into tuning the gun so I hope that is easy as well. I got a 1-8 power LPVO for my Leshiy and I get the mount for it tomorrow. I have been running a fixed 10x power scope so far with good results but I wanted something smaller and really wanted 1x or a red dot so I went with the LPVO.

Guys today i shot my new leshiy in 350mm .25 and i like everything but few times i noticeed very loud shot compared to others and did not see where pellet go. Can it be because of going from regulated pressure down? i have very low pressure in air tank. around 160-165 bar and reg is set at 130 as i know. refillin after every magazine.

also noticed few times very low shot sound like pshik and pellet head cut by the action. after turning the screw behind the trigger did not notice low sound but noticed loud sound few times...