• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Nice case atomic! Say, how do you get the exact cut-out's made? Always wondered about that.

Also, can anyone help me out here with this? What's the max internal diameter of one of the carbon fiber hand guards? - Just curious as I want to mess around with my own moderator setup... See pic please. Thanks!

Carbon_Fiber_Handguard.1610343634.jpg

Nice case atomic! Say, how do you get the exact cut-out's made? Always wondered about that.

Also, can anyone help me out here with this? What's the max internal diameter of one of the carbon fiber hand guards? - Just curious as I want to mess around with my own moderator setup... See pic please. Thanks!

Carbon_Fiber_Handguard.1610343634.jpg

There are companies that do it with water jet. You give them a picture of your layout with some basic dimensions and they cut it out for you. I’ve had it done in the past with a few of my other guns. cobrafoaminserts.com is one of many. You can do it yourself as well if you’re good with a hot knife.

At one time I thought that I saw a vid showing how to install a bottle on the L2. I have the bottle and cant find the vid. I already looked on EDgun west website but can’t find the vid....any of you guys or gals have the link?

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Yes I saw the written instructions on EdGun West website below the picture of the Carbon Fibre bottle last week but it has been removed for some reason. I looked for a video on the video page and no instructions there either. You would think all the instructional videos on the Leshiy 2 would be on EdGun West website for easy reference. Don’t need all the teaser videos from last year, just the latest how to videos since the final version shipped. I would think it would save Brian a lot of time on the phone explaining things to new owners. I put my bottle on my gun today. Pretty straight forward , degas, insert fill probe in port, remove stock lower tube, remove valve left attached to butt end , save o ring and install bottle with o ring. I couldn’t gas up my rifle as both my Nomad 2 and new Eumerex compressors are both broke and won’t pump. Both have less than 6 fills on them. This will be the 4th time on the Nomad. WTF!

At one time I thought that I saw a vid showing how to install a bottle on the L2. I have the bottle and cant find the vid. I already looked on EDgun west website but can’t find the vid....any of you guys or gals have the link?

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Yes I saw the written instructions on EdGun West website below the picture of the Carbon Fibre bottle last week but it has been removed for some reason. I looked for a video on the video page and no instructions there either. You would think all the instructional videos on the Leshiy 2 would be on EdGun West website for easy reference. Don’t need all the teaser videos from last year, just the latest how to videos since the final version shipped. I would think it would save Brian a lot of time on the phone explaining things to new owners. I put my bottle on my gun today. Pretty straight forward , degas, insert fill probe in port, remove stock lower tube, remove valve left attached to butt end , save o ring and install bottle with o ring. I couldn’t gas up my rifle as both my Nomad 2 and new Eumerex compressors are both broke and won’t pump. Both have less than 6 fills on them. This will be the 4th time on the Nomad. WTF!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsU0RHbcJ0Y

Not Brian’s video, but it appears well done for sharing the procedure.

I got my L2 earlier this week as well. It is quite a bit louder than my .30 vulcan 2 with a ronin on it. I took the ronin off the vulcan and I have been running my L2 without a handgard and the ronin. It is still louder but it is an improvement over the stock moderator. I am wondering it is possible to take apart the stock L2 moderator. It looks like it should be possible to create a new end cap that would let me run the stock moderator as a shroud and then use the ronin on top of that. I would need to build a custom endcap in the machine shop. I haven't figured out a way to take it all apart yet and I didn't want to break it so I haven't tried anything yet. Does anyone know if these can come apart?

Yes, it can be taken apart. Just remove the moderator from the gun then hold the moderator body and press down on the mounting screws against a flat surface. It will put enough pressure on the front end cap to give you a gap from the moderator body and the front end cap. It’s has a couple of large o-ring which makes it tight against the moderator body. Once you get a gap between it it’s easier to pull the front cap away from the body tube. 
4EDD859D-A399-4208-8F94-52449A07E493.1610265878.jpeg
19CB02FD-54C6-4229-8EB3-EF70A4FAD837.1610265878.jpeg

Thanks so much for this info. I got it off. If I come up with a good solution here I will be sure to post it. 

Cool, which model of case is it?

It’s a Pelican 1495. I chose that model because I want the 350mm barrel mounted and ready. You can get the 1490 which is a little smaller but you’ll only be able to have the 250mm at the ready when stored.

I was a bad boy today and bought a .357 Impact in bronze. I already swapped over my scope, SPAW loader, SPAW bag rider and bipod from the Impact .25. It’s a beast! But this isn’t the thread for that...

043C4F92-C949-4AE4-9881-B49F297A50B5.1610431294.jpeg

Just received my L2 pre-order #285 update email stating payment email should come in a couple of weeks...past ready

I got my pre-order update yesterday, Monday the 11th, saying the same thing. I’m number 499. Ed said that there will be 250 Leshiy 2s inbound this shipment and after this one arrives he’ll ship 100 L2 a month going forward. 

I don't want to re-hash when I got mine and said it was loud and everyone who didn't have the gun had a negative opinion of me saying it was loud. Let's hope we're past that bs as I will report every post that is negative against people saying the L2 is loud. IT IS F'ING LOUD!!!!!

So you want to quiet it down, get a Huggett Astille or a STO Sarissa. These are the only two moderators I've found, and I have tested many, that will quiet to a realistic backyard friendly. You'll need to get an adapter to fit the 14x1.25 thread. AoA sells one from Eagle Vision that works very well and I see Fransisco has a different Eagle Vision adapter available too.

Unfortunately I didn't find the Valkyrie moderators to be very effective. 

Speedrider - what can you do? It's an unshrouded barrel that pushes a lot of air. 

Brian said the Huma moderators are quite effective as well. I believe that was the solution he may be referring to, otherwise maybe he has something else up his sleeve.

Even dropping the reg it can still be quite loud without an effective moderator until you get down to around 80bar.