EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

@jwilson, @jack.k - My mind couldn't resist it so as mentioned above I did the cleaning. Now the leak is stopped for now I will see if the pressure holds. But....I will have to depressurize Friday to remove the cylinder for the flight to the USA. I want NO questions or doubts from KLM inspectors that everything is at complete zero when I check the luggage in at the counter.

Thanks all for the help and patience.

@jwilson, @jack.k - My mind couldn't resist it so as mentioned above I did the cleaning. Now the leak is stopped for now I will see if the pressure holds. But....I will have to depressurize Friday to remove the cylinder for the flight to the USA. I want NO questions or doubts from KLM inspectors that everything is at complete zero when I check the luggage in at the counter.

That is really good news. It pretty much confirms your struggle is with the ball and seat only👍 Seals like this usually get better over time and use. It is important to keep this area very clean.

Glad to hear of your progress. Enjoy your trip.

Glad to hear that cleaning worked out. Doesn’t take much imperfection on that steel ball to cost a leak. Safe travels! 

Here’s proof you don’t need fancy nozzles to get great results:

Original 30 cal 350mm Alfa barrel swapped over to 22 cal 350mm Alfa barrel. Same reg at whatever it came from factory: likely 130 bar, and factory nozzle/nozzles. I have no idea what I have in mine. Never even looked. All I did was swap barrels and install the new CF bottle. 
Cleaned the barrel and releaded the barrel with 18g JSB’s. They’re flying at 945 FPS. My 30 cal 44.75g JSB’s fly at 805 FPS. Stock transfer port puck too. 
This group is the third magazine after I sighted in the gun. Just unsorted 18’s straight out of the tin. 
https://youtu.be/QPKIO0_Jxug

@jwilson Thanks and honestly though it didn’t seem that bad there was some dirt and grime on the screw.

And it’s amazing how taking pellets on a plane is a pain in the ass not worth it. So I ordered pellets for the two rifles in 177 and 25 Cal from pyramid air.

Black paw, are you taking your air rifle on the plane? If so you should be able to pack your pellets in your checked luggage in a locked case. This is normal procedure for hunters taking their powder burners and ammo on hunting trip on airlines. That said I know there are some countries and airlines that don’t want guns brought into their airports so you need to check the airports and airlines policy on that even if it’s just a lay over and connecting flight. This happened to me back in 2012 when trying to figure which way to use my mileage points for a hunting trip to Africa. They didn’t cover South African Airlines which was a direct flight so I would have had to go to London and then to Frankfort then to South Africa. My agent told me that England and Germany were not gun friendly and I could run into problems at the airports getting my guns onto connecting flights even with TSA permits but that was a bad year with terrorist and the olympics were in England . I don’t know if it has gotten any better through those countries or how it is in The Neatherlands. 

@Letherman - for TSA you are correct, I can pack pellets in my check in luggage, but that is for USA. KLM says ammunition and I couldn’t find anything that distinguishes pellets from firearm ammunition in their rules. The agent said the pellets need to be in a separate hard case, so I decided not worth headache to argue with those that control my fate over $50 in pellets. The Taipan is staying in the USA anyways. And finally my Leshiy 2 will get a its intended purpose report, hunting / pesting out in field. The same goes for the Taipan. My Dutch shooting buddies tell me of the nightmares of plane transfers in Germany with even a rifle scope. My buddies tell me they tell German customs the rifle scope is a spotting scopes if asked (which is technically true) when there is no gun for it.

A20B698C-FD6F-407E-AA4F-544237E43490.1609993633.jpeg

Ed, I must admit that it is not professional when you do not provide any torque specs for the screws. The same for the barrel tensioning nut - "I can feel it by touch". This is so silly. Every professional manufacturer includes torque specifications and recommended lubricants which should be used.

Well, I am far away of the thought that I have to follow the way of the microwave manufacturers making manuals and saying something like "not for cat drying!" warning! I still consider the users as normal and adequate people, understanding that the thread M3 shouldn't be tightened with the help of 1 meters tube, fixed tot the wrench. I wonder is it in the West culture now widespread to find anybody guilty in own failure, manufacturer of any goods, the government, parents and so on rather that to admit "Oh, what idiot I am!"? Maybe I am wrong but I still consider you all as normal people, understading the elementary things...

Ed, I must admit that it is not professional when you do not provide any torque specs for the screws. The same for the barrel tensioning nut - "I can feel it by touch". This is so silly. Every professional manufacturer includes torque specifications and recommended lubricants which should be used.

Well, I am far away of the thought that I have to follow the way of the microwave manufacturers making manuals and saying something like "not for cat drying!" warning! I still consider the users as normal and adequate people, understanding that the thread M3 shouldn't be tightened with the help of 1 meters tube, fixed tot the wrench. I wonder is it in the West culture now widespread to find anybody guilty in own failure, manufacturer of any goods, the government, parents and so on rather that to admit "Oh, what idiot I am!"? Maybe I am wrong but I still consider you all as normal people, understading the elementary things...

Amen! Basic understandings should be a given but unfortunately they were lost on a good lot of people. 

Okay off the comments, I do think some basics "even common sense stuff" should be mentioned in the manual, i.e. for degassing the gun through a bleed screw if the weapon has the feature built into it like the Leshiy 2. Step 1) a diagram showing the parts of the bleed screw, Step 2) Caution statements i.e bleed slowly) , Step 3) size of wrench to use (for example) and at end mention when tightening the bleed screw make sure the screw is "snug" don't over tighten.

I don't think a manufacture needs to say how many n/m / ft/lbs of torch is needed to do the job properly. For one, the average person doesn't have an allen wrench with torch energy indicator. @edgun is definitely right on this.

Original 30 cal 350mm Alfa barrel swapped over to 22 cal 350mm Alfa barrel. Same reg at whatever it came from factory: likely 130 bar, and factory nozzle/nozzles. I have no idea what I have in mine. Never even looked. All I did was swap barrels and install the new CF bottle. 
Cleaned the barrel and releaded the barrel with 18g JSB’s. They’re flying at 945 FPS. My 30 cal 44.75g JSB’s fly at 805 FPS. Stock transfer port puck too. 
This group is the third magazine after I sighted in the gun. Just unsorted 18’s straight out of the tin. 

Ummmmmmmmm - the .22 barrel is made by LW. Would like to see the Alfa name stamped on your .22 barrel.

Ummmmmmmmm - the .22 barrel is made by LW. Would like to see the Alfa name stamped on your .22 barrel.

Ummmm...maybe I have something you don’t. 
DC59C45C-90CF-4ADB-84EB-C127C0262885.1610048853.png

It's pretty clear that Lukaz (and his 12 accounts) has made it his mission to negatively comment on anything and everything related to EDgun. Don't waste your time.