EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Okay I went out for a long walk after even a longer walk today, so a total of 12 miles. On walk, round two, the emails started to come in on the tuning, some of the “nickeling and diming” thoughts and the modular platform.

Disclaimer I am not expert on the tuning the L2, but a fast learner. The regulator pressure has been lowered (guess waiting 110 bar waiting on pt&j). Pressure lowered because I think 22 ft/lbs for a 10.34 gr Heavy is a bit hot now at 16 ft/lbs. Heavier pellets were pushing 24/25 ft/lbs. Plus I wanted something a toned down for more neighborhood friendly. The .177 / 350 mm OEM is semi not really backyard friendly.

Modular platforms by nature need to be adaptable to be optimized for the current configuration, I think this is called tuning. There is no way that OEM setting can be adaptable and deliver the same performance over a range of configurations. So if you offer a modular platform then by nature it is meant to be tunable, or it will never be consistent a range of configurations.

Right now I am holding off getting a 25 cal set up because I won’t be able to optimize it without the pt&j. It would nice to be able to have it next week when I go to the USA, but the .177 will do me fine for pesting out to 50 m. The Taipan will stand in for the 25 cal side of things.

In two weeks I will be able to report back on some my L2s performance in the field. For the field hunt I plan to increase the reg pressure enough to get 18 ft/lbs, I can use the FX Pocket Chrony “optimize” things.

So it seems I'm talking cross purpose to Brian's response and what others seem to be taking away from this all. I'm not talking about tweaking, tinker toys, multi-tunes, or anything of the like. I'm talking about my .22 Long being able to shoot the .30 Long barrel that I bought in a $500 kit to shoot like a.... .30 Long. That's it. No tweaking, no playing, no nothing. An L2 Long that shoots like a .22 Long with the .22 barrel on it and then shoots like a .30 Long when the .30 barrel is installed on it. Period. But the $500 kit didn't include the necessary parts for that. If you tell me that's an extra $100 to make that happen, well it's only $100 for all the jets. So I don't get that math. And to boot, if one was to get charged that $100 it would get lost in the cost of a $3K gun and go unnoticed....and what sales would be lost by including it? Another $100 bones? It would be a hidden cost/price. So I understand the argument, but I just don't agree that it's particularly solid.

The pin was corrected, as I said in my post. We were all thankful for that. And I guess I must be the small segment of the market that bought an m-lok rail to use the m-lok, but whether that's true or not it's an oversight and therefore a mistake as well. Smaller than the jets for sure. I don't think anyone here that's dropping $3K on an airgun is asking for or thinking parts are free so I'm pretty sure we're all on point on where the business comes in here. But me, personally, I didn't ask for a "fully loaded" L2. But when I add on the alloy rims to my car, I expect the bolt pattern to match the hubs on my vehicle and not that I need to get new hubs to make them fit. And THAT continues to be my point. The .30 barrel looks real nice, but not being able to use it as its capable of...all this 25 different tunes stuff aside as I ain't talking about that at all...2 tunes, a .22 and a .30...well, now I have to go buy 4 hubs for my 2 wheel vehicle (12 jets for the 1 or 2 I need, for those not following the analogy). So when people want to gripe about that and I see other people trying to shut them down for it, I have to say I'm sorry...but they are right. Something that's supposed to be ready to use is just not complete when you can't use it as it would come from the factory. There are obviously jets/reg settings/caliber/barrel length standards. So to provide the jets with the barrel caliber and lengths in keeping with the OEM setups is not asking anyone to jump through hoops. IMHO. Having the full jet kit for those that DO want to tinker is a great idea and makes perfect sense. And as you rightly said, that's probably a minority of owners...myself excluded. I've got other time sucks, I don't need more.

I'm not kicking at anyone...Brian, Ed, the world, fanyboys, haters, mothers, Easter bunnies or first born children. All I am stating is the supporting facts for those that have "griped" or rather, have made known their feelings about some let downs or shortcomings they have discovered in their L2 experiences. Hey, not everything is ever all roses...anyone have an issue with a Red Wolf mag? 

I would in no way discourage anyone from on getting an L2 of their own. I would do the opposite and sing high praises for it. It's easily my most favorite AG and has gotten the most flesh pressing since I've gotten it. I can't see it not staying at the top of the heap forever, as I never expect to get a gun of this quality or forward design in decades if ever. It is awesome. But as folks speak about their experiences and others choose to try to discredit them and make it seem like they don't know what they're talking about or make is sound like they're disgruntled or this or that...I'm telling it like it is from where I sit with no malice or issues. I have no issues with Brian..heck, I've not even expressed any of this to him as I've been waiting to see what's going to happen out here as this seems to be where we get notified about anything related to the L2. But people reading and wondering if they want to jump in and throw down on one should know what's what and not just hear from the vocal few. That's all, in a nutshell, and the end of my peace.

@deepbass9 you make good points. The Leshiy 2 is an amazing, but very expensive gun with direct and hidden costs to be all it can be like the jets. You can buy the jets from EdgunLeshiy.shop individual for your needs.

D2A27934-67E9-4425-9B2F-04CC5797D52B.1609713128.jpeg

@deepbass9 you make good points. The Leshiy 2 is an amazing, but very expensive gun with direct and hidden costs to be all it can be like the jets. You can buy the jets from EdgunLeshiy.shop individual for your needs.

D2A27934-67E9-4425-9B2F-04CC5797D52B.1609713128.jpeg

True, but by the time he buys a couple of jets and pays for overseas shipping . . . and in the currency conversion and the extended wait time, it's probably better option just to bite the $90 USD bullet and buy domestically.

Let’s please not forget to also make this spare available too. Tinkerers want two👌 I fully intend to “Tinker” / set up my .25 350mm to optimize To my liking. For me it is part of the hobby that I enjoy. I will be setting up for the 34s. I am hoping to test from 800 to 890 fps. I have no intention of making any changes outside of documented recommendations or that are not 100% reversible.

D2CCE080-56AB-4222-AFE7-CF6567A959EF.1609715483.jpeg

OE recommended nozzle configuration and instructions for set-up with a separately purchased barrel does seem reasonable. Let’s all remember that earlier on the nozzles were not available. I remember the posts asking us to wait till necessary parts were available.

I think I will have all the parts I need by the time I get my gun.

In the mean time... how about more tinkerers posting their set-ups and results. It could save the rest of us some time👌

What you guys are asking for is impossible. Reading these posts from deepbass and other tells me you truly do not understand the gun. There isn't an instant formula, order 25 long put these jets in. The gun doesn't work that way. You have to know barrel length, reg pressure, intended speed, and type of projectile. In short you need a full set of Jets. 

So would you guys rather have the dealer charge 90 extra dollars for each barrel kit? Why, you only need one full set of Jets. If you bought one set you’re good. If that's what you all want then I suggest you ask the dealers to make the change right now and add 90 USD and include the jets. You can have a tackle box full of them. Then experiment away. 

The amount of entitled whiners on this forum topic is exhausting. Nobody is forcing you to buy the gun. Nobody promised you anything. Just because you saw Ed testing guns in his videos doesn’t mean that the finished product will be identical. It’s like looking at prototype photos of a new car and then whining that the production version isn’t the same. 

What you guys are asking for is impossible. Reading these posts from deepbass and other tells me you truly do not understand the gun. There isn't an instant formula, order 25 long put these jets in. The gun doesn't work that way. You have to know barrel length, reg pressure, intended speed, and type of projectile. In short you need a full set of Jets. 

So would you guys rather have the dealer charge 90 extra dollars for each barrel kit? Why, you only need one full set of Jets. If you bought one set you’re good. If that's what you all want then I suggest you ask the dealers to make the change right now and add 90 USD and include the jets. You can have a tackle box full of them. Then experiment away. 

The amount of entitled whiners on this forum topic is exhausting. Nobody is forcing you to buy the gun. Nobody promised you anything. Just because you saw Ed testing guns in his videos doesn’t mean that the finished product will be identical. It’s like looking at prototype photos of a new car and then whining that the production version isn’t the same.

Actually your information is completely inaccurate. Do you even own a Leshiy 2?

YOU DON'T NEED A FULL SET OF JETS. JWilson and Deepbass are on the right track. There is one "ideal" set of nozzles for each barrel and caliber. I'm not going to go into my exhaustive testing just to satisfy you. Read my 50+ posts on this thread and maybe you'll learn something. Through testing I can tell you for a FACT that a .22/250mm is ideal with a 0.6mm/0.7mm combo, the .22/350mm best with a 0.3mm/0.7mm (and this is through my testing and it correlates PERFECTLY with the nozzle select the .22/350 is delivered with from Ed), 0.25/450 is 0.2mm/0.4mm or 0.5mm and a 0.30/350 work best with either a 0.2mm/0.2mm or maybe even a single jet (I don't have a block screw to try just one jet). Once you get the right nozzle set you just adjust reg pressure for velocity. 

I REALLY WISH people would stop posting such negative threads about users who are just trying to get what they want out of the gun. But you can't get rid of me and I have no problem lashing out right back atcha

Deepbass is COMPLETELY CORRECT when he says a barrel kit that costs $500 should come with the correct nozzles for the kit. I was pissed when my .22/250 and .30/350 came setup for the .22 but was crap with the .30 barrel, but I spent a lot of time with Brian learning the gun together, came up with my own workaround until the valves were available which worked PERFECTLY I might add, and then learned the complete tuning once I got the nozzles. 

I don't think it's fair to bitch about having to buy a tuning kit if you want to "tinker" and "tune". The FX Maverick requires a power kit for slugs out of the box - who's whining about that. 

AND ONE MORE THING - stop talking about tuning with the stupid red pucks. They are air transfer ports and nothing more. If you notice, the restriction is on the black metal piece that goes onto the magazine. You don't need to f with the puck. God damn!

22ACAB36-31A1-4A52-822F-D8472100AB55.1609720753.jpeg

Do I own a Leshiy 2? Now you’re just being an idiot.

EDgun Leshiy 2 Accuracy
https://youtu.be/DgF_tWcyP1o

Ctshooter, for all the smack you talk, you’ve yet to show any proof your gun shoots better than mine with all the “tuning” you’ve done. I don’t see any of you posting what real difference your tinkering has accomplished. Please enlighten us on how yours is better than mine. I put up real accuracy videos. Stock gun. Where are yours? 

Yeah, see I post stuff that mine actually does. Unlike you and the posers on this forum getting off on nozzle combos with no real results to show for it. Nobody outside this forum gives a hoot about nozzles or what you expect Ed or any other dealer to offer for you free of charge. 😂🤣🤣 Go on though. Keep on bitching on your soapbox. It’s getting entertaining! I’m gonna grab some 🍿 and a 🍺 for the next posts.

I'll keep talking smack whether I can make a youtube video or not (and I did get a Tactacam with a FTS for Christmas so I am planning on making some). It's funny NoLand - you haven't seen the at least two to three postings I've done in THIS THREAD of shooting targets. I showed accuracy issues while working out a moderator attachment solution, I've showed target shots that are pretty damn good. AND I'M SHOOTING 50 yards with a 8X scope, not some honking 25x digital scope with what, one tap to set POI/POA?

Funny thing is I'm not here to prove anything - I had an initial huffy when I got my Leshiy 2, then I worked with Brian and I've been happy since. A day doesn't go by that I don't shoot 50-100 rounds through it. I'm having a blast with it - and I love that I can change caliber and/or tune within 5 minutes. I having a f'ing blast with L2 now and happy to share all that I have learned. Myself, knife and maybe a couple of other people have been into the valve, seen the videos and know how this gun works inside and out. 

Take it for what it is - I am having fun with the L2 and I'm here to help anyone who asks with tuning assistance. I'm also the first person to have posted all the things JWilson and Deepbass and pointing out now in regards to a tune I had no idea about at the time - and I got my a$$ chewed out really good by a few members who wanted to start a war and ended up getting boooted from the site. So I am also here to look out for and support those who have issues - not petty ones, but ones which should really be addressed - a barrel kit should come with the proper accessories to use that barrel as expected. 

Not trying to defend anyone here but I see it in a different way. While I agree that if you order a certain caliber, it should be set up at a speed that should work with the popular brands of pellets (cough, cough...let's just say JSB). We should also take into consideration that the L2 is not a bullpup with full length barrels to bring those popular pellets/slugs up to the appropriate speeds. A majority of customers purchase either the 250mm or 350mm barrel configurations. 350mm for a barrel is still short. 13.77" to be exact.

With the Leshiy Classic, those that wanted more power were told to purchase a Huma regulator which came with a larger plenum, smaller regulator for better shot count and efficiency. The Huma regulator did not come with a kit when someone upgraded from a 250mm .177 barrel to a 350mm .25 barrel. Same thing applies when customers who wanted to shoot at sub 12ft.lbs., they had to buy the Huma HFT Regulator.

Given that the L2 comes in .177 to .30cal with weights from 5.5 grain to 65.5 grain with barrel lengths of 250mm, 350mm, 450mm, 600mm, and longer if you get an aftermarket barrel turned to fit, there are so many possibilities. I honestly think that Brian/Ed gave us a choice in offering the power jets/nozzles as a separate package. 

When they were available on his (Brian's) website, I didn't think for a second of a particular size jet I needed because I still don't know what configuration (caliber, barrel length, velocity) I'll be shooting yet. I just bought the whole package for flexibility. I do agree though on having them offered separately as well in case one gets lost, damaged, or if a known size is needed for a certain velocity one's trying to achieve. 

Enough of the fuss. Time for some obligatory gun in the grass pics...

20210104_145907.1609740146.jpg

20210104_150334.1609740403.jpg

20210104_150428.1609740662.jpg

For now, I have it setup with my Aimpoint Micro T1 with LaRue Absolute Co-Witness QD mount and LaRue F.U.G. vert grip. I'll set up my scope when I have the time to properly mount and zero it.

I found a .25 slug that fits the magazine without sliding through. More to follow once I re-install the .25 barrel and test them out.

Leshiy .25 slug fit - 1.1609633347.jpeg

Leshiy .25 slug fit - 2.1609633354.jpeg

Well no point in hiding in any magic here. These were the AVS .2513 hollow base slugs. They were staying pretty tight indoors at 13 yards so I had some hope for them. Took them outside to 46 yards and not so great. The 32 grain (910fps) held together within an inch or so group but threw one flier 2" out. The 34 grain (900fps) was slinging them all over the 4" target. It wasn't pretty. Just to make sure it wasn't me I put through a round of JSB .25 34gr MkII @900fps and once re-sighted they were holding really tight. 

I'm now on the fence of trying the cup, dish or flat base .2513. Also considering trying the .254 which the AVS website FAQ says works well in the Cricket which I believe is an un-choked .25 barrel. 

I don’t even have my L2 yet so I don’t post anything about how one shoots at all. I would not have posted a response at all if it weren’t for the oh-so-subtle dig at nozzle tables. The table I posted is just math... nothing more. If someone wants to increase power they should use a nozzle configuration with less cross-sectional area than the one currently in their gun and/or increase reg pressure. To decrease one should do the opposite. The nozzle table simply puts the available combinations in order by cross-sectional area. There are other things as well, but these are the rules of thumb I feel confident stating.

BTW... My name is Joe. I genuinely want folks to enjoy their guns and am quite selfless in trying to help. I don’t quite understand the choice to post a public dig but you do you NoLandBeyond. I enjoy most of your posts BTW...

To think anyone understands all the variables well enough to dial a gun to a specific output on the first attempt is most likely a significant stretch. It is more than likely a custom set-up that is time consuming. This is costly if paid for. Hence I will “tinker” and get to know my gun better🍻 

Most likely folks that want multiple barrels and calibers will be setting up their own guns as well. I hope the nozzle table helps folks out.