• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

@jwilson, no I have NOT gotten the pressure tester and jets yet, now going into week 7 and the order is stuck in Canada for some F%^KING reason with no one wanting to do anything about it.

The order hasn’t moved in 2 weeks according to the tracking number and I was told it was on hold because of shipping freeze between the Netherlands and USA. I spoke to both UPS and DHL and they said, THERE IS NO SHIPPING BAN BETWEEN THE NETHERLANDS / EU and USA because of COVID19!!!  

If the jets and pressure tester are still in Canada come Jan 11 (which I feel they will be), then I will be in a USA Postal Office DEMANDING they ship them to my address in Idaho. If the idiots at USPS won’t help me online (no option for tracking over phone) then they will in person.

I have a question for those who got the .30 cal Leshiy 2. 
My Leshiy 2 in .30 cal came from the factory with only one jet installed and the second hole is covered with a M4-4mm screw.

E411A7DF-4318-496F-8E07-928579084289.1609611681.jpeg

I got a set of jets to tune it down for .22 cal 350mm setup but when I remove the M4-4mm screw I don’t see no spring or valve for the second jet as shown here in this picture from another member here. Anyone else ran into this? Waiting for Edgun dealer for reply back. 
EBD97D8A-5CB1-4579-B409-73B419165681.1609611943.jpeg

Jack.K,

Refer to page 5 on Leshiy 2 Schematic Diagram on the EDgun West website under Resources:

https://www.edgunwest.com/gun-schematics-r5m-lelya-leshiy/ 

.25 and .30 Cal. have only one jet (nozzle) and one screw; the .177, .20 & .22 Cal. have two jets (nozzles). The parts we need to have two jets are: LSA1011008 and LSA222018.

Please let me know if you locate a source for them since I very much would like the added tuning flexibility of two jets (nozzles).

FP3

Jack.K,

Refer to page 5 on Leshiy 2 Schematic Diagram on the EDgun West website under Resources:

https://www.edgunwest.com/gun-schematics-r5m-lelya-leshiy/ 

.25 and .30 Cal. have only one jet (nozzle) and one screw; the .177, .20 & .22 Cal. have two jets (nozzles). The parts we need to have two jets are: LSA1011008 and LSA222018.

Please let me know if you locate a source for them since I very much would like the added tuning flexibility of two jets (nozzles).

FP3

interesting. That’s my picture. I kept the spring and little brass post in the valve and just put the screw over top where the nozzle was. I cut a screw to the same length as the nozzle as I didn’t know about the .30 guns from the factory not having anything under the screw. I had to see this set up from another owners post hear. I’m glad I didn’t order the gun in .30 and the other barrel in .22 and then find out there is another spring and whatever the little brass post is called for tuning the .22 barrel. Although you can probably still do it with just one nozzle and screw but we still don’t know anything about the ins and outs of this new valve system and how to get the most out of it efficiently vs power per caliber. I’m glad there is this forum with a few owners that are figuring it out on their own and sharing their information. Imagine buying the latest high tech car and the owners manual only showed you how to start the engine and put gas in the tank. And the dealer couldn’t tell you any more about it either.

This gun was designed to be shot out of the box, no tinkering required. The majority of buyers are doing just so, except for the small minority of people on this forum. 
Your car analogy is wrong. When people buy a car, they don’t get a manual on how to tune their engine or swap out drivetrains, exhausts, or add on turbos. People buy a car, put gas in it, and drive it. They don’t get it and immediately drive it home and tear it apart to find out how it works, then complain when they can’t put it back together or screwed something up. 
D2E7A48F-ED09-4A48-ABDB-C734F7304DAC.1609646056.jpeg

This gun was designed to be shot out of the box, no tinkering required. The majority of buyers are doing just so, except for the small minority of people on this forum. 
Your car analogy is wrong. When people buy a car, they don’t get a manual on how to tune their engine or swap out drivetrains, exhausts, or add on turbos. People buy a car, put gas in it, and drive it. They don’t get it and immediately drive it home and tear it apart to find out how it works, then complain when they can’t put it back together or screwed something up. 
D2E7A48F-ED09-4A48-ABDB-C734F7304DAC.1609646056.jpeg

I think this analogy is wrong and I'm with Leatherman 100%. I bought my barrel and rifle OEM accessories along with my rifle. That included a aluminum handguard that wouldn't allow the stock to fold (very properly addressed by the OEM), an aluminum handguard sold in a kit with a moderator/shroud combo with m-lok slots that are useless (not addressed by the OEM) and a second barrel that did not include jets to make it properly perform for its length and caliber (addressed by having the buyers purchase an entire kit of jets instead of the OEM supplying the two needed to achieve the OEM power levels for caliber and length...addressed by throwing another $100 ontop of $3k...anyone here have principles?).

You or anyone can say this was designed to be shot as is it of the box, but the reg tester, additional barrel lengths and calibers, the blurb with the jets speaking of all the infinite tuning possibilities all scream the truth. So, if you plunck down ~ $500 for a Valkyrie kit in a different caliber than your purchased caliber, you're a bit pissed when you first can't use the m-lok slots and second when you find out that the kit doesn't include what you need to shoot the new caliber at the advertised power, like air jets. Like $10 worth of brass jets. WTF? Who would spend the extra $300 for a barrel that shoots like a dog if they knew it would shoot like a dog? EVERYONE'S expectation was that they could swap barrels and up the power accordingly. Which can be done...with jets...that you don't get. 🤯

So because poor Jack ordered a .30 to start...maybe he didn't have all the money at that time...maybe hunting laws changed...maybe he wasn't going to hunt and then changed his mind...whatever the reason..he now has to not only buy another $100 worth of jets for what? 2 of them and he doesn't have the parts nor are they sold with the barrels to make it work? WTF?

Hey, great gun. Props to the design and ingenuity and I, like all the rest of us, was willing if not happy (😉) to pay the price. It's well deserved. But give us a break. Sell it properly and complete. Who wants a .30 to shoot at the .177 power because they ordered a .177 to begin with and the f'ing .30 doesn't come with jets? Talk about nickle and diming. If you're going to do that, sell the damn jets in pairs or individually for those of us that do want to set it up to shoot out of our "box". Charge more per unit, as is done.

It could have been the desire to get the guns to market, but the whole cloak and dagger BS with the jets and tuning and making everyone buy a whole jet kit and not making sure things like the m-lok slots had clearance..eh, that's very amateurish IMHO.

When you buy a new car and you factory upgrade to OEM alloy wheels and they don't fit...you go back to the dealership and they make it right. Or if you upgrade the base model to the GT with a higher performance engine package and the turbo doesn't work...you go back to the dealership and they make it right. Or if you purchase any factory accessories that are owner installed and they don't fit, are missing pieces, or are faulty, the dealership makes it right. Or a tow package that didn't come with a plug for the trailer brake lights...who isn't going back to their dealer and asking WTF? How can you have a tow package without the wiring and outlet for brake lights? 

I think that is where Jack is...he wants to hook up a trailer, but there is no brake light assembly on his vehicle and it was supposed to come as standard equipment. Or, rather, the OEM never said it didn't as they offer tow packages and trailers for sale....touted the ability to hookup many different types of trailers...put out videos of the performance you get from those trailers on your newly purchased vehicle. But in the end...you can't hook up poop.

Am I wrong? Any rational people not on either end of the spectrum care to comment? Read my earlier posts and you'll see I love my gun, but I also am not blind.

Reactions: Guill
The Leshiy2 is designed for interchangeable barrels. Barrels are offered in multiple calibers and lengths. Each caliber affords significant options in projectiles. The reservoir is designed to simplify regulator adjustment. Regulator testers are available through the distributors. Different sized jets are manufactured for a reason and available through distributors.

I believe it somewhat naive to think or insinuate that the gun is not intended to be... or designed with the possibility of being optimized for a particular caliber, barrel length and projectile. What is missing is the public data, tutorials and secret sauce to do so. I don’ know why this information is being held close to the chest, but speculate it may have something to do with the pending patent on this game changing valve design. The other option is to have distributors set the guns for specific parameters and offer the service to “interchange them as needed”. This does not seem to be a good plan at all. Until this information is available some folks will seek the full potential of their gun somewhat blindly. They do so at their own risk. Guaranteed some will mess stuff up. It will cost them.

Sometimes providing information is solely to stop misinformation.

From my perspective, folks should probably enjoy their gun as delivered and hold off on attempting to “tune” until information is shared by ED and his distributors on setting the gun up for specific parameters. I think this course is the best way to avoid costs and frustration as well get the most enjoyment out of a new gun.

For the record, if my .25 arrives with one jet and a blocked port, I will want a second “check valve” as well. Fact is that I don’t know if I will need one. I too would like to see the second one included just like a spare mag or retainer plate or oring set...

Both @NoLandBeyond, and @Deepbass9, make valid points. I thought it was understood that those on the “cutting edge” paid the price of helping iron out unforeseen problem in actual use of said products. And while the Leishy 2 is a marvelous PCP, it’s way beyond what most are willing to spend. And then on top of that spend even more on the add ons. Other than “double taps” on animals while hunting or pesting. I don’t see the attraction of a 3K semi auto for plinking or target shooting. 

From my perspective, folks should probably enjoy their gun as delivered and hold off on attempting to “tune” until information is shared by ED and his distributors on setting the gun up for specific parameters. I think this course is the best way to avoid costs and frustration as well get the most enjoyment out of a new gun.

That’s what I intend to do when I get mine.

I don’t plan on messing with my .30 at all initially until after I’ve fired a few thousand rounds through it in its default setup. I just want to enjoy the gun in its initial state and get familiar. I’ve been buying all the accessories as they are released on EGW - jets, tester, valkyrie parts, like everyone else, but I still want to experience the magic of the L2 as it was shown to me before all that stuff was revealed.

That’s what I intend to do when I get mine.

I don’t plan on messing with my .30 at all initially until after I’ve fired a few thousand rounds through it in its default setup. I just want to enjoy the gun in its initial state and get familiar. I’ve been buying all the accessories as they are released on EGW - jets, tester, valkyrie parts, like everyone else, but I still want to experience the magic of the L2 as it was shown to me before all that stuff was revealed.

I've been doing the same as well, since you basically couldn't do anything anyway. But that's not the point. The point is that all those barrel kits and all those vids showing the different power levels with barrel lengths and reg settings, etc....they were all intended to sell barrels, no? Or am I missing something? So all well and good. So those of us in the first 100, 200, whatever bought those barrels and kits and then months later, as we all stood by patiently waiting (at least I did, as have many...like you Plinterton) for more information, found out that our 2nd, 3rd, whatever barrels are pretty much useless 'as intended' (meaning I intended to get ~ 70 fpe out of my 350mm .30 barrel as per OEM specs). And now it looks worse for those that bought higher calibers and want to go to lower calibers....which is exactly what I almost did. Had I done that, I'd have been screwed as I can only hunt with .22 around here and I'd have had a very inefficient set up going from a stock .30 setup down to a .22 set up with only 1 jet and a screw, eh?

In the grand scheme of things, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in that I can spend the $90 or try to drill out my own screws or something similar to get my power up. I have 2 jets and I have the pins and springs. I already took out my #7 and replaced it with a screw and without upping my .22 reg setting of 130 bar (at least that's what written on it...when I get a working reg tester we'll see what it actually set at) so only the 2nd jet is in there, unmarked. I'm lucky in that it's at 58 fpe, so I'm assuming there's more to gain on adjusting the reg up to ???? 160? 150? 190? WTFK?

So, I have a little sympathy for folks that feel left out over about $10-20 cost worth of parts after they spent $3K plus and waited 1/2 year for their toys to arrive. Did they do it voluntarily like I did? Yes. Did they expect at the end of the road to have an incomplete package to work with...methinks not.

I love my gun. The semi aspect let me quickly put down an animal that would otherwise not have been so easily done. A big FU to anyone getting ready to post any POA comments...I've been hunting and shooting long enough, thank you very much. Sometimes in an unpredictable world the unpredictable happens. And my L2 had my back and I loved it for being there to make sure there was no suffering. She's more accurate than the naysayers have been pumping out and I have been happy with just about everything with her. But delivering is delivering.

I do sympathize with those who are having to figure out the L2s quirks by feeling around in the dark. I wish that could be different, especially being so new to pcp airguns myself. There’s an argument to be had on whether someone like me should have waited even longer before buying in with such a new, untested platform, but I did, and will probably have some frustrations of my own to deal with when mine arrives.

I am also grateful for anyone posting what they’ve learned the hard way about this gun in threads like these as it will make things that much easier for someone like me to adapt and overcome when mine arrives. And we know Ed and Brian read this stuff. All the feedback good and bad will make its way into future iterations and tweaks to the platform, making for a better out of the box experience for customers. 

Ability and capability are two different things, no? I think the gripe is the lack of supplied capability to achieve those things which were clearly the selling points of this platform and their accessories. And the subsequent discovery after ownership. Newbie or tired hand, that has no bearing. 

I'm not here to rant but want to make sure my points are clear. No one wants to be excited as all get out, get their wonder in their hand and then find out after the money is spent that they cannot do the things that they saw done with their wonder. The deflation, at that point, crushes the elation 10-fold. Like not being able to mount a red dot to your m-lok on your Tishina kit that you specifically bought so you could mount a red dot on. Hunh? Might as well advertise it as a "dead-lok" slot 'cause it's dead to use. And really...talk about the most basic of things..a usable industry-standard accessory slot. Fine, a slight design goof. "chirp, chirp", "chirp, chirp". Bueller? No remedy??? Months and months later without a comment.

Like I tell my children, it's not about what happens. It's about what we DO when things happen. We all make mistakes.

I think my points are probably clear by now. You may see things differently, so be it. You probably come from a different place than I.

I am only responding because I see a lot of misunderstanding in this post. I am happy to take the blame

1. Ed warned me about offering things like Reg testers, nozzles, and other parts used to tinker. This gun is different, it is not a Tinkertoy, understand most of our customers are not on this forum looking to adjust every little thing. Actually, the vast majority of the market doesn't want to find a "harmonic tune"

2. the valkyrie pin was a mistake, one that was corrected and not one person was charged for this upgrade, so I don't see the issue.

3. I sell the Jets because I knew the small minority of users on this forum wanted to play with the power and adjustment, Ed and I met through a forum, I am deeply connected to you guys, as much as I may drive Ed crazy I am also a minority user, tinkering constantly. So when you see stuff get offered a lot of times from my desire to play with the gun. I have to charge for these things because they are not free to make. There is a fine balance between hobby and running a business that needs to stay solvent.

4. The economics of airguns is pretty simple really. They are not mass-produced, we don't sell apple phones (and we don't have the margin either). those little parts you guys love and want are made on a swiss machine, you can pay for them upfront or pay for them in the later. Ed could easily charge 100 USD more per gun and supply nozzles that not everyone would need, but to what end? I keep seeing a car analogy used in this thread, so I will use one now, not every automobile comes fully loaded, some people don't want or need the navigation system.

Thanks for reading

Brian

I don’t see a rant here. I see you posting your reality vs your expectations, which is perfectly legit. As I said I’m probably going to pump a bunch of lead out of mine as is when I get it. Am I going to want to see it perform at its best? Oh hell yes. I have a 450 barrel in .30 sitting in a box here waiting to be used and the jets and my tester and my chrony, to make sure that when I want to see some .30 lead pellets go as fast as they theoretically can when I pull the trigger, they do. I’ll make whatever adjustments I have to in order to make that happen, and since I too have seen those performance vids I will have expectations to be met. I mean, right now I still envy you guys who have an L2 to shoot with and my own anticipation. That’s the only difference between us. 😁