• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Ok here is some data I compiled. Sorry for the crude hand drawn spreadsheet. I forgot how to do Excell. I have done it by caliber , nozzle number and regulator setting. I was going to start at nozzles .2 and .5 but I’m after high power so I,skipped to .2 and .4 and worked down . My regulator was set at 151 bar so that is where I started and then adjusted up to 163 bar and repeated just the .2 and .2 nozzles. I then drilled my blank puck out to 9/64” and tried it with some of the .22 pellets at the highest velocities. 
EF3EB72E-4FED-405B-8949-F4685CEC5F7C.1606515130.jpeg
26DFEE34-A9C5-4E38-A715-5DF84069F3F5.1606522102.jpeg

you can see the nozzles give you smaller increases in velocity than changing the reg preasure up 10 bar. So the system is pretty precise if you want it to be. I am happy with the velocities I am getting out of the 450 and 350 mm barrels and there is much more available. At 163 bar I was getting around 12 to 13 shots out of a full 300 bar fill. A 350 bottle will help that. You can see I got around 30 extra FPS going down on Each .2 mm nozzle On the 30 caliber. And another 30 FPS when I increased the reg pressure 10 bar. What surprised me was the JSB 45 grain pellet was 119 FPS faster than the NSA 47 grain slugs. I’m not happy with the accuracy of the JSB 45 grn pellet but to be fair the skirts on my tin are not the best condition. The NSA slugs are very accurate but too slow for what I am needing. I have some more testing to do on the 30. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new .30 Hades will be better.
But I am sure I’ll be able to have one high power tune for the 30 and also be able to switch barrels to .22 and not have to change the nozzles or reg pressure and have a high power hunting tune in .22. 
The 22 pellets had very little increase between every .2 mm nozzles or 10 bar of regulator preasure. But as you can see the velocities continue to raise with every change. I am finding the accuracy of the .22 pellets were getting better the faster the velocity at least at 40 yards that I was shooting. There are going to be those who want a higher shot count and that will no doubt come with a lower reg preasure and larger nozzles but not without sacrificing FPE. 
For all you naysayers out their, The next surprise was the test changing out the puck on the higher velocity .22 pellets. (Bottom spreadsheet) I drilled my spare puck out to 9/64” . So you can see you can use a high velocity tune and step it down with just a puck change. I don’t think it will help with the shot count. As soon as they are available I am getting 4 more pucks and drill them out in increments of 1/16”. Then have some more fun .

Reactions: Peskådot671
Airgun silencers are just made out of fabric or mettle none needs a deep cleaning like a powder burner silencer all I do is check the inside to make sure no clipping is happening. But I normally never clean a Donny fl because they stay pretty clean the Valkyrie kit is a lot like a powder burner it's just baffling and all I do is wipe it off with a dry cloth they don't get to dirty or get a build up. 

Airgun silencers are just made out of fabric or mettle none needs a deep cleaning like a powder burner silencer all I do is check the inside to make sue no clipping is happening. But I normally never clean a Donny fl but the Valkyrie kit is a lot like a powder burners it's just baffling and all I do is wipe it off with a dry cloth they don't get to dirty.

Great, thanks so much!

@Leatherman - thanks for sharing your data. You're seeing about the same speeds I am seeing, give or take a few, with .30 and the .2/.2 nozzle setup. I'd like to take a screw to close one side and see if just a single .2 nozzle would give a little more speed. But honestly, the .30 setup is a little underwhelming when I can get ~63 fpe and more shots from the .25/450mm barrel with a 34gr pellet with 150bar and a 0.2/0.5 nozzle setup.

@Leatherman - thanks for sharing your data. You're seeing about the same speeds I am seeing, give or take a few, with .30 and the .2/.2 nozzle setup. I'd like to take a screw to close one side and see if just a single .2 nozzle would give a little more speed. But honestly, the .30 setup is a little underwhelming when I can get ~63 fpe and more shots from the .25/450mm barrel with a 34gr pellet with 150bar and a 0.2/0.5 nozzle setup.

I agree with you too on the 30 caliber 450 . Even going down to the .2 nozzle and a screw still won’t get me where I am shooting for. I don’t want to go to the 600 barrel to get there on this little gun. I want it to stay compact. I don’t mind the 450 barrel length. It still looks proportional and balances nice. We still haven’t heard from Ed on any limitations on the regulator pressure . I read one persons post on this thread that they had their reg pressure up tp 190 bar. I also read somewhere the reg shouldn’t be adjusted above 160 bar. So until I hear from Ed I’m not going to exceed 160. I also recall one of Ed’s videos where he mentioned the .22 and .25 calibers were the most efficient ones on this platform. I just wanted to try a .30 for groundhog hunting which may involve some long range shots. Ideally I would like to shoot slugs in the high 800’s FPS. I am surprised at how much slower the .30 slugs are compared to the JSB pellets. .22 Slugs vs pellets aren’t that bad a difference. it’s all that surface friction of the slugs. I just ordered a FX Maverick in .30 as a back up as I know it will have the power to push .30 slugs. The Leshiy 2 will still satisfy a lot of people who want to shoot 45 and 50 grain pellets and I’m hoping we can still get some more out of it. 

Airgun silencers are just made out of fabric or mettle none needs a deep cleaning like a powder burner silencer all I do is check the inside to make sure no clipping is happening. But I normally never clean a Donny fl because they stay pretty clean the Valkyrie kit is a lot like a powder burner it's just baffling and all I do is wipe it off with a dry cloth they don't get to dirty or get a build up.

May I ask you how you get your Valkyrie moderator apart. I have tried but they are screwed ( I guess ) so tight I don’t want to scratch the tube or end cap forcing it .

@leatherman
This is what you need get the 3mm size this goes in the front holes of the Valkyrie kit moderator then a Crescent wrench On the big nut on the back comes off very easy just use caution make sure you put the front peace all the way in the holes. 
7E73E338-C8E7-469C-94C7-BE105E16A6F1.1606613057.jpeg

You can also use the "pins" from your Taipan...pretty sure it was the set for the HTS adjuster that fit perfectly. A piece of wood between them to twist them is all you need (so you don't slip and scratch it with say, a screwdriver or something). jld turned me on to how these attached.

A couple of things: 

1) I am getting air venting between the joint where the shroud and the receiver meet. Normal? Or to I need to align the shroud to get a better seal between the shroud and receiver? I know the air pressure needs to go some where, but I just thought it weird I felt a puff of air on my hand when I held the gun in that area while shooting it.

2) Question for the 25 cal and 30 cal owners. Which do you consider the most efficient air use vs ft/lbs of energy produced for medium sized game and distances?

I think your a little early asking this as we have just received our nozzles and are starting to get some testing done. When Ed gets his video out on tuning these guns it should answer all these questions. It is a very time consuming process of changing the reg preasure then running through multiple combinations of nozzles on multiple weight pellets while testing accuracy and recording air usage per fill or shot. I gave my readings on my two calibers .22 and .30 and barrel lengths but I went for the highest velocity as that was all I’m interested in for hunting. Hopefully someone out there with a .25 can post their results to give you a comparison. I’m going to guess the .25 would be the most efficient on air vs FPE between the two. 
I can’t tell you on the OEM moderator. I immediately installed the Valkyrie forearm and moderator On my rifle. It vents out the rear of the shroud which makes it seem louder than it is to others close by.