• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Not for the ancestors of Dinosaur Squirrels. See they were / are so vicious and fearless they even attacked velociraptors. So maybe a 30 cal is may be under kill not over kill. 🤣

AC9D4F05-0C2C-4148-AC9A-281F202726C5.1602853753.jpeg

Love it!

As a side note - I brought my kids to the Jurassic Quest drive-through show this past weekend and learned that velociraptors were only 3 feet tall. A little Hollywood exaggeration at play there. 

Correct me if I am wrong but they do not seem like the groups shot from a 2000$+ gun. They are more like 200$ springer groups.

I want to add something to this. I've been shooting with a DonnyFL 14mm adapter and a Koi (.22) and Shogun (.25 - so less chance of clipping). Also a Hugget Astille .22. I tried all of these options out at 45 yards today and groups were still pretty big. So I decided to put the stock 350mm silencer back on and my groups tightened up out at 45 yards. Much closer to what we might expect from an airgun of this caliber. 

I can't say if this was the 14mm adapter which isn't a super snug fit to the barrel. Or, it could be the moderators are choking on the amount of air from the Leshiy 2.

I have a 14x1.25 adapter for the Koi and Shogun. I'm going to try some groups at 45 yards again to see if a direct attachment helps at all. 

Will report back later this evening.

Tested sound levels on the iphone app

stock .22 350mm barrel only -  110 db

.22 350 mm barrel with stock 350 mm moderator  107.1 db

.22 350mm barrel with valkyrie Tishina Leshiy 2 200 moderator 97.1 db

.22 350mm barrel with DONNYFL Shogun 96.7 db

edited, initial sounds of 106 db for the Tishina was due to poor scientific method. I realized that the Tishina moderator is a complete two part system with the extended moderator extender to cover the proximal barrel with another shroud and oring. the irst result was just screwing on the end piece cylinder moderator without the barrel shroud extension. This morning I reinstalled the Tishina kit full components and got 97.1 db, thats more like it.

Comments?

.22 350mm barrel with valkyrie Tishina Leshiy 2 200 moderator 106.6 db

I think that he Tishina has a little back flow air leak from the attachment site to the barrel and the puff of air that it takes to rotate the magazine is more pronounced.

Comments?

Do you feel the sound signature of the stock moderator is different from the Tishina? 

Also - do you notice a difference in accuracy with the stock moderator versus the Shogun versus the Tishina? How are you attaching the Shogun - with 14mm adapter or 14x1.25 backing?

I’ve only had time to put a few rounds through my new Leshiy 2, but I did put on the Teshina 200 moderator this morning, and my first impression was that the Teshina 200 moderator was more of a “pop” sound, while the OEM moderator was more of a pneumatic tool air sound. I haven’t tried the Shogun moderator, so I don’t have any impression of that.

Correct me if I am wrong but they do not seem like the groups shot from a 2000$+ gun. They are more like 200$ springer groups.

I want to add something to this. I've been shooting with a DonnyFL 14mm adapter and a Koi (.22) and Shogun (.25 - so less chance of clipping). Also a Hugget Astille .22. I tried all of these options out at 45 yards today and groups were still pretty big. So I decided to put the stock 350mm silencer back on and my groups tightened up out at 45 yards. Much closer to what we might expect from an airgun of this caliber. 

I can't say if this was the 14mm adapter which isn't a super snug fit to the barrel. Or, it could be the moderators are choking on the amount of air from the Leshiy 2.

I have a 14x1.25 adapter for the Koi and Shogun. I'm going to try some groups at 45 yards again to see if a direct attachment helps at all.

Bingo. 

I did a sound test and it was not like any of the test am reading on hear at all iPhone test is not accurate also your positioning of the tester makes a big difference. But all I can say is outside with my leshiy 2 30cal 350mm is backyard friendly no problems at all in fact it's the most quiet airgun I own today. I have the tishina 200 x 350

I have the ShoPot moderator on a 350mm .22. I find it has a pop to it compared to the OEM moderator which I describe as a whooshing sound. You have to take in account the Valkyrie moderators have vent holes in the rear of the shroud and the shooter hears that air directed toward them so it sounds louder than say 20 yards away. Have someone shoot your gun while standing off to the side to see how loud it is. At least there isn’t a hammer noise. There was an earlier post that someone tried a Donny FL ronin and an Emperor and they said it was quieter than the standard moderator but that comes with the price of a much longer setup. In my experience it doesn’t matter what moderator or how quiet you think a gun is, it still spooks animals when you shoot in their direction within a certain distance. Comparing phone apps sound decibels amongst us isn’t going to be a good comparison because of different phones being used and placement of the phone will vary too much. It only will work comparing different setups useing the same phone located exactly in the same location with the mic pointed the same on every test. Keep posting your results though, As it is interesting what results people are giving. 

In my experience it doesn’t matter what moderator or how quiet you think a gun is, it still spooks animals when you shoot in their direction within a certain distance.

This! I've been pesting and shooting for years with airguns and it doesn't matter how quiet the gun is the pop of the impact on that bird or squirrel whatever your shooting will scare them away 9 times outta 10 unless there just flat out dumb and have no idea what's going on. 

repost with new updated data. sorry!

.22 350mm barrel with valkyrie Tishina Leshiy 2 200 moderator 97.1 db ************

edited, initial sounds of 106 db for the Tishina was due to poor scientific method. I realized that the Tishina moderator is a complete two part system with the extended moderator extender to cover the proximal barrel with another shroud and oring. the irst result was just screwing on the end piece cylinder moderator without the barrel shroud extension. This morning I reinstalled the Tishina kit full components and got 97.1 db, thats more like it. ps this test is done indoors with empty chamber, iphone placed 2 ft to the right of the Leshiy. I shoot in my backyard and it is backyard friendly.

Bingo.

Bingo seems to be correct. I just fired off this round of 8 shots from 46 yards. .22/350mm barrel with a Koi attached directly to barrel via 14x1.25 adapter. JSB 15.9gr sorted by weight, not cleaned.

The first two high shoots at the top of the target were sighters to figure out elevation. The central group is 6 shots. Concentric rings are 1/2" apart. I'm much more pleased with this group considering I'm only using 8X for the distance. No stray or oddly dropping shots. 

L2 Direct Attach Mod - 1.1603118575.jpeg