• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I feel bad for Brian having to deal with some of you guys. 

“I want it NOW daddy”

B980A87A-C115-40C1-932D-DBB0796E218C.1602458878.jpeg

All right, can we please hear about the important stuff?

how is the gun performing, accuracy, chronograph data, pellet and slug preferences, shot counts etc.

THANK YOU! The megathread turned into a train-wreck. Let's not have that happen here. 

Since I got my Leshiy 2 I have not shot a single other airgun. Not even once. 

I realize I was a vocal few when I first received it regarding the volume, and that just got dragged into the gutter, for that I'd like to apologize to Ed as I feel like it gave a wrong first impression of the Leshiy 2 and took the focus off the coolness this new platform.

At this point I have had my Leshiy 2 for 9 days. In that time I have tried out both the .22/250mm barrels and .30/350mm barrels. There are many things I really love about the L2. In no particular order:

• Hammerless Valve - this is a new shooting experience and is different from any other hammer based airgun I've shot before. I've gotten quite used to the feel of the shot and have become pretty consistent, but it's going to take longer to get it down. But overall it's pretty slick.
  • Barrel alignment and installation - much quicker than the L1 due to the indexing clip. I like the 4 barrel locking screws - just seems for stable and each screw can be tightened less.
  • Rotary magazine system - excellence and precision. I didn't know what to expect, would there be air blowby on the front or back of the magazine - there's none that I can detect. My son was watching me shoot a full mag and he said it didn't even look like the magazine was moving. It works, it's really slick, I only need Brian to add spare magazine holders to the site. 
  • Pic Rail - like a few other have posted, depending on your mount the last 3 pic rows may not be usable due to gun folding lock lever or the folding of the stock itself. Other than that I'm all good here. 
  • Speed chrono - nothing to post at the moment, but I'll screenshot a few strings. Basically I've been getting SD in the 3.5 - 5.0 range. 
  • Long range accuracy - verdict is still out. Not sure I've found 'the' pellet yet. Shot a string at 42 yards with H&N .22 B. Match 21gr 5.52 head (reg 115 bar, 750 fps) out of a .22 250mm barrel. Out of 8 shots the general group was tight within 1" but there were three pellets that dropped low by 1-1.5" with no significant wind shifts. What I'll say is I know with a Leshiy Classic and a .25 250mm barrel I will get a tighter group, but don't take that as me making a comparison between the two guns. I'm going to reconfirm accuracy at a distance once I get my .22 350mm and .25 450mm barrels in. The .22 250 barrel hasn't been very pellet picky at shorter ranges but no love on slugs most likely due to LW choke. 

I'm thinking about an Ergo A2 style grip as I've got large hands and I could use a grip that fills my hands a bit more, but the stock grip is pretty sweet.

I still don't know what I'm going to do regarding a bottle. Let's see what Brian comes up with here in the US. I'd hate to lose the mag holder location just for a few more shots though. The profile of the Leshiy 2 is just slim and sleek and I'd hate to ruin that. But, I've seen a few pics with bottles posted and the sex appeal is still there. 

What else....... I like the bottom rail mount better on the Leshiy 2. It's made of polymer so attachments have a nice soft fit, yet I've sensed no give at all. The safety is well thought out and works perfectly. 

Can you place a tissue on the magazine and shoot with a pellet inside the magazine? That is a good way to verify any air leaks.

Pay attention to the fact that to operate the magazine indexing system some air is needed. That air is blowing off the gun after the spring of the indexing system is cocked. Thus one can consider the air going from the indexing system as the air going from the magazine, though there are no leaks :)!

Some target shooting and a comparison of .22 250mm vs 350mm barrels. I've found one of the best pellets for my L2 is the H&N Barracuda Match 21gr in 5.51mm head size.

The bottom two targets are with the 250mm barrel (shooting ~720fps). The top two are the 350mm barrel (shooting ~890fps). Distance 46 yards.

Note - I've never had an airgun that can push the H&N 21gr this fast. These things are cooking around 38fpe and the L2 isn't breaking a sweat.

As you can see the 250mm barrel couldn't hold a tight group. The 350mm barrel has tightened things up. Top left is 8 shots - two fell low, but those 6 in a hole made me smile. Top right is another 8 shots. Nothing fancy for setup, shooting prone off the kitchen floor and out the slider door, bipod in front, shoulder supporting the butt. 

Leshiy 2 .22 target - 1.1602711598.jpeg

IMG_4189.1602806343.jpg

Had a little time this afternoon to answer my own question regarding which pellets shoot well out of the Leshiy 2 350mm .25 cal.

the photo above is a target printed on photo paper from Joe B off his site.

Bipod and a shooting bench was used at 28 yards (This is the max allow in my back yard)

Each numbered square is one inch.

A is first shot group of 8 shots, B is second shot group of 4 shots (tried to take it a little slower between shots to concentrate).

JSB Exact Kings .25 25.4gr box #1 and #2 A group was not bad, B group was better, took a little more time to aim and more careful not to jerk the trigger.

Benjamin Dome 27.8gr Box #3 and #4 A group was surprised that these cheap pellets for my old marauder did so well. B group just as good.

RWS Super Dome 31gr Box #5 and #10 A group was good except two that just went left and right. B better ,but all over.

Beeman Kodiac Match 31.0gr Box #11 and #12 A group was simlar to the JSB's but I dont know what happed in B group, still fair

Beeman Crow-Magnum ? gr Box #13 and #14 A group was all over the place, B group was a little better (these are big and heavy pellets with hollow pointed)

H & N Baracuda 31.0gr Box #15 and #20 A group performed just behind the JSB and Beeman Kodiak Match. B group had one shot off.

Box #21 and #22 was just repeats of my basic standard JSB's Performance consistent.

Im not a great shot, but these are the result I got with a little testing, the Eunjin .25 35.8gr flat head pellets by air venturi and the .25 43.2gr pointed head pellets would not fit into the magazine.