• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

So I’ve been thinking about slugs (longer, heavier ones) and how they might be hand loaded into the L2 for single shot firing. Since the magazine is necessary to fire the gun and the magnetic cover is needed also, not just to hold pellets in but to help with proper cycling of the magazine, would the simplest modification to allow hand loading slugs just be to make a magnetic cover with holes the same size as the chambers in the magazine? This would essentially allow the L2 to work the same as the L1 for single shots using custom slugs that wouldn’t otherwise fit in the magazine for proper cycling. The action doesn’t need to be changed at all, and hand loading would work just like the L1. Just need a cheap, modified magazine cover that allows slugs to pass through it as youd feed them into the magazine and part way into the barrel depending on how long they are. Am I on the mark with this thought?

While you've been doing that I'm wondering who is going to come out with the first belt felt indexing mag for the L2. I have a few ideas already how this could be done with a mag shell to contain everything and a rotating sprocket that fits the indexing which will feed the belt holding the pellets as the gun cycles. 

Something starting with the concept of this magazine: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Sig_Sauer_M17_2_Pack_Rotary_Belts_for_177_Magazine/8885

I don't see why you couldn't have a 30/40/50 round magazine.

Please don't laugh - a good artiste I am not - but you get the idea:

1597696762_19741992465f3aeafa962ff7.29002559.jpeg

While you've been doing that I'm wondering who is going to come out with the first belt felt indexing mag for the L2. I have a few ideas already how this could be done with a mag shell to contain everything and a rotating sprocket that fits the indexing which will feed the belt holding the pellets as the gun cycles. 

Something starting with the concept of this magazine: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Sig_Sauer_M17_2_Pack_Rotary_Belts_for_177_Magazine/8885

I don't see why you couldn't have a 30/40/50 round magazine.

Please don't laugh - a good artiste I am not - but you get the idea:

1597696762_19741992465f3aeafa962ff7.29002559.jpeg

I’m not laughing, That big grin on my face is full of agreement! 😁 I’d buy a couple of these myself!

You could be, but I’m going to wait and see what Ed thinks. I’d hate to mess up his creation by using it in a way it was not meant to be used. Interesting idea though.

I don’t plan on modifying my gun either, no sir! I suppose I was trying to find a solution to the issue of using slugs with the most efficient possible implementation while staying true to the simple design Ed has achieved. More of a thought exercise I suppose while I sipped my morning coffee. I think about this gun a lot 😅

Another train of thought.... With all the new mounting capabilities of the valkyrie hand guards, what kind of toys will you be wanting to attach to them? I’m thinking of getting some iron sights for mine, maybe some comfort/grip attachments for shooting off hand. I don’t have or shoot anything in the AR platform, so I’m just starting to poke around online for stuff.

Just an FYI folks: I'd like to order up some of the Valkyrie stuff for my Leshiy2 as well, but it's not well organized (At least on EdGunWest): You can purchase (well, pre-order) the Valkyrie accessories in any caliber, but they aren't complete ready-to-shoot kits. Meaning, if you choose a caliber other than your current Leshiy2 set up, you have to pick up magazines and a valve(?) for that caliber as well. (Say, If you have a Leshiy2 on pre-order in .22, but then you want the Valkyrie accessories in .30 or .25, you can't get a kit that is fully ready-to-shoot. You can get a barrel in a different caliber, but no mags and valve). Make things worse: looks like you can't pre-order additional magazines separately at this time either...

Just an FYI folks: I'd like to order up some of the Valkyrie stuff for my Leshiy2 as well, but it's not well organized (At least on EdGunWest): You can purchase (well, pre-order) the Valkyrie accessories in any caliber, but they aren't complete ready-to-shoot kits. Meaning, if you choose a caliber other than your current Leshiy2 set up, you have to pick up magazines and a valve(?) for that caliber as well. (Say, If you have a Leshiy2 on pre-order in .22, but then you want the Valkyrie accessories in .30 or .25, you can't get a kit that is fully ready-to-shoot. You can get a barrel in a different caliber, but no mags and valve). Make things worse: looks like you can't pre-order additional magazines separately at this time either...

I am pretty sure they gave up on the multi-valve idea. You just need to get the mags for the caliber of the barrel you order and you should be all set. I don't think Brian at Edgun West has the mags up for sale yet though.

Another train of thought.... With all the new mounting capabilities of the valkyrie hand guards, what kind of toys will you be wanting to attach to them? I’m thinking of getting some iron sights for mine, maybe some comfort/grip attachments for shooting off hand. I don’t have or shoot anything in the AR platform, so I’m just starting to poke around online for stuff.

Also my first thought and the only reason I might order the valkyrie hand guard - like my Leshiy Classis I want to keep it light with optics like Dedal Stalker or Eotech holo and Holosun red point, flip up open sights would be another great option

I’m in the first wave of pre order with edgun west I can’t wait more longer plus I pre-order the Valkyrie Muzzle break kit with 450mm barrel 

hurry up Ed......:)

Now all depends on the shipping company. I have packed everything (first 100 guns for Brian) and we are waiting the shipping company to agree to make the delivery :) It is very close already, keep patience :)

With the best regards

Ed