EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Did you clean the barrel before shooting? Could make a difference. Or shoot a bunch of pellets and see if they start grouping. At 20yds you should have one hole.!!
I didn't - I have done now, thoroughly - I plan to bypass the mag, shoot one at a time straight from the barrel, if this resolves it I guess it will tell me I have an imperfection in the mag, I'll also try another mag as I have two, failing this I'll try loosening the barrel and reseating it, beyond this, I dont really know, I have spoken to a few people and read that the hades should be accurate from the alpha barrel too, yes at 20 yards it should definitely be one hole, especially since the gun was clamped in a vice so theres no error possible on the shooter(me)

Reactions: tnbndr
I didn't - I have done now, thoroughly - I plan to bypass the mag, shoot one at a time straight from the barrel, if this resolves it I guess it will tell me I have an imperfection in the mag, I'll also try another mag as I have two, failing this I'll try loosening the barrel and reseating it, beyond this, I dont really know, I have spoken to a few people and read that the hades should be accurate from the alpha barrel too, yes at 20 yards it should definitely be one hole, especially since the gun was clamped in a vice so theres no error possible on the shooter(me)
I am curious about how hard it is to turn the magazine with the action closed vs open. It should be the same. If the mag can’t turn freely, it won’t perfectly index turning it by hand. Also, would cause the other symptoms you are having.

Good luck,
Dave

I am curious about how hard it is to turn the magazine with the action closed vs open. It should be the same. If the mag can’t turn freely, it won’t perfectly index turning it by hand. Also, would cause the other symptoms you are having.

Good luck,
Dave
This is interesting I'll try this, when you say 'other symptoms' do you mean this could explain the inaccuracy too?

Good luck,
Dave
It doesnt feel much harder to turn closed vs open, although I can't really measure this in an amount of force or weight used, but the feel with my finger feels about the same as far as I can tell, you can feel and hear the glatspot on the little wheel passing the magazine on every other tufn, more so in the open position

It doesnt feel much harder to turn closed vs open, although I can't really measure this in an amount of force or weight used, but the feel with my finger feels about the same as far as I can tell, you can feel and hear the glatspot on the little wheel passing the magazine on every other tufn, more so in the open position
Flat spot can change barrel to magazine alignment, affect accuracy.

Reactions: sb327
Ok so a little update, I tried to zero the scope again - I loaded one hades at a time into the breach, then put the mag in empty, one shot at a time, I was able to get it zeroed to more or less same hole accurate, I then tried firing from a mag (the other of the two new mags I have) and I was grouping a penny sized area however an inch low and half inch to the left - I then tried the first mag I had previously used, and my 5 shot group was spread all over a 4 inch area again - I am guessing either an imperfection in the mag(s) or maybe that wheel being in such a state is causing the mag to not quite perfectly align with the barrel?

I also noted when inserting hades straight into the breach end of the barrel they felt quite loose

Thats the current data I have on the situation

Any more ideas or theories? I think I'll have to wait and replace that wheel before I can give it a true fair test, but the barrel seems accurate without the mags so that's something

Last edited:
Any more ideas or theories? I think I'll have to wait and replace that wheel before I can give it a true fair test, but the barrel seems accurate without the mags so that's something

I'd measure your projectile speed with a chronometer. That would help narrow down the range of problems. Do your pellets sit in the magazine, or do they slide out the front (before the magazine is put in the gun)?

I'd measure your projectile speed with a chronometer. That would help narrow down the range of problems. Do your pellets sit in the magazine, or do they slide out the front (before the magazine is put in the gun)?
The speed is 810-820 fps and no they sit in the mag fine, they only drop out if you take the magnet off from the tail end of the pellet but they dont fall through the other way once the mag plates on they won't fall out at all

The speed is 810-820 fps and no they sit in the mag fine, they only drop out if you take the magnet off from the tail end of the pellet but they dont fall through the other way once the mag plates on they won't fall out at all

That speed is the same, whether loaded from the mag or in the barrel, and it's consistent?

That speed is the same, whether loaded from the mag or in the barrel, and it's consistent?
So the speed direct from the barrel seems to be 10 or 20 fps faster than out the mag, I have now put half a tin of hades (only 30 cal I have to hand) through in single shots straight from the barrel and it is not accurate, its all over left right up down - wondering if I need to send it back and order another - of I could try taking it out and reseating it, or I could try some tighter ammo - the hades are very loose in the barrel, so maybe thats an issue but ive heard plenty of people getting good accuracy with hades from alpha barrels so I'm honestly stumped at this stage

So the speed direct from the barrel seems to be 10 or 20 fps faster than out the mag, I have now put half a tin of hades (only 30 cal I have to hand) through in single shots straight from the barrel and it is not accurate, its all over left right up down - wondering if I need to send it back and order another - of I could try taking it out and reseating it, or I could try some tighter ammo - the hades are very loose in the barrel, so maybe thats an issue but ive heard plenty of people getting good accuracy with hades from alpha barrels so I'm honestly stumped at this stage
I am not sure you should fire directly from the barrel. The magazine is actually the chamber in a Leshiy and when the pellet receives the burst of air the skirt expands enough to make it tight in the barrel. Just my opinion thought, I could be wrong. You are positive there is no clipping going on in the moderator?
If you are running the Behemoth, unscrew the sections and look at the edges. Have you ordered some different pellets to try?

I am not sure you should fire directly from the barrel. The magazine is actually the chamber in a Leshiy and when the pellet receives the burst of air the skirt expands enough to make it tight in the barrel. Just my opinion thought, I could be wrong. You are positive there is no clipping going on in the moderator?
If you are running the Behemoth, unscrew the sections and look at the edges. Have you ordered some different pellets to try?
I was advised to fire directly by the edgun Spain guys and I mentioned it as a suggestion to some others and it seems its perfectly fine to do, theres certainly no clipping ive had the behemoth to pieces and checked - I wonder if its possible for the barrel to be seated imperfectly in the gun? I have not yet ordered any alternative ammo

Try taking your magazine out, the backing plate off, and then measure your magazine's flatness. Both sides.

Also, measure the backing plate's flatness.

A lack of flatness would give you a significant fps loss, and it would also give you an inconsistent fps loss, resulting in inaccuracy.

Try taking your magazine out, the backing plate off, and then measure your magazine's flatness. Both sides.

Also, measure the backing plate's flatness.

A lack of flatness would give you a significant fps loss, and it would also give you an inconsistent fps loss, resulting in inaccuracy.
Ok ive checked both mags and magnetic plates, perfectly flat..... The inaccuracy by the way, seems random, one minute its on, then its high then its low, to the right then left - whether shooting straight from barrel or mag, one mag seemed worse than the other a few days ago...

Ok ive checked both mags and magnetic plates, perfectly flat..... The inaccuracy by the way, seems random, one minute its on, then its high then its low, to the right then left - whether shooting straight from barrel or mag, one mag seemed worse than the other a few days ago...
Do you have more than one magazine? If so you could try comparing.