EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

...Apparently they're there to improve the efficiency in lower powered guns by reducing the volume behind the valve. If you're aiming for max power with the .22, it's best to remove them. If you like to conserve air with a sub-30fpe .22/350, you want to keep them....
I have the .22 with 500mm AP barrel, currently tuned for winter games
@ 80 bars with 2x0.8 jets for 16gn Hades 835 speed. ES 4.6 and SD 1.6 and 25 fpe gives me a very comfortable precision.
For a summer games I will probably go heavier 21gn, about same speed for shooting longer ranges 50-70 meters.
I am not looking for either an efficiency nor high power, but more for precision output.
My L2 didn't came with the "bone/collar" parts, but what would happen if I order and install? Can these parts make my Dwell more precise tuneable?

20231108_132357.jpg

Reactions: theLBC
I have the .22 with 500mm AP barrel, currently tuned for winter games
@ 80 bars with 2x0.8 jets for 16gn Hades 835 speed. ES 4.6 and SD 1.6 and 25 fpe gives me a very comfortable precision.
For a summer games I will probably go heavier 21gn, about same speed for shooting longer ranges 50-70 meters.
I am not looking for either an efficiency nor high power, but more for precision output.
My L2 didn't came with the "bone/collar" parts, but what would happen if I order and install? Can these parts make my Dwell more precise tuneable?

View attachment 428826

I don't believe they will fit into the original front plug, they are specifically designed for the newer front plug that came with the REPR. Which one do you have?

Yes I did see a small improvement in consistency with these parts in on my .22/350, but it sounds like you have a great tune already, why mess with perfection? You could just bump the reg pressure for those 21 grainers. Weird things may happen to consistency when you start messing with the jets, etc. If this combo works, I'd leave it alone.

I’ve owned a Leshiy 2 for two years now and it’s been shot close to 15,000 rounds in total, with a combination of .30 and .22 pellets. The rifle required a gear train rebuild at 12,000 rounds, but other than that has been nearly trouble free.

A while ago I purchased 2 extra .22 magazines, which showed up as the newer style polymer. No matter how or what I try, I cannot get even reasonable accuracy from these new style magazines. I’ve tried different tunes and different pellets, but no luck. When shooting at only 15 yards indoors, the polymer mags will scatter pellets in a 1” group. Directly switch over to the older style, aluminum mags and the groups tighten up as good as I can shoot the rifle.

Has anyone had similar experiences with the polymer mags, or any thoughts on this issue?

Have you checked to see if they are flat? Lack of flatness could explain the inconsistency, shot-to-shot.

The biggest problem I have seen with shot POI inconsistencies is the mag advancing speed. Heavier pellets we add more to the Reg and that will advance the indexing mechanism and need to slow down with a setscrew.....
Can you please explain this a little bit more? Which set screw is this and how you had to adjust it in relation to increase/decrease in projectile weights? Any information would be greatly appreciated, this is actually the first I’ve heard of this. Thank you in advance @bigHUN

The biggest problem I have seen with shot POI inconsistencies is the mag advancing speed. Heavier pellets we add more to the Reg and that will advance the indexing mechanism and need to slow down with a setscrew.....

I'm not understanding your point. Are you talking about loading up one mag with all the same pellets, and inconsistencies shot-for-shot out of that one magazine, or are you talking about some other inconsistency?

Lets start with "chambering", with a jump the pellet from the mag into the breach lead-in.
The Valve and the Indexing Mechanism using a same air volume and pressure from the Reg (REPR).
A certain volume goes to propel the projectile and a "leftover" is triggering the indexing.
For example
If you set the Reg (and jets) for .22 pelets in 15 gn, and next want to shoot 25 gn you would just simple raise the Reg, right? From 80 bars to 130 bars...
But now the heavier mass pellet doesn't have a time to jump over to chamber because the higher pressure started advancing the mag and catch the body of the heavier pellet or may even stuck the mag.

Working alone with a Reg sound easy, but actually if you change the weight or change the caliber you shall consider changing the jets as well.
We still talking Dwell.
The perfect would be each - the Valve and the Indexing - to have its own Reg.

My current setup with a 500mm barrel and targeting 835 fps for 15gn Hades .22 is 79 bars and 2x0.7 jets...
For 25gn MRDs I would need 130-135 bars for 900-930 fps, and the Indexing was advancing with 2x0.6 jets, I would need at least 2x0.7 or better 0.8 jets or maybe even bigger.

Reactions: RIshooter
Little update on my repr and some range results. After grinding on the plastic seal in the repr valve I've managed to 100% elminate creep and es is around 4fps.

So far still learning gun and which ammo/speeds it likes but heres a 200 yard test done on a rather calm day after a rain storm around 35°f. Still working on trying to get sub 1" at 100 yards

450mm AP barrel
nsa 20.2 with some 24.8 mixed in (low shots)
930 fps on 20.2 nsa
under 4" grouping?

20240124_134018.jpg

Reactions: Guill and Bernie7
That’s all true, but when the only change made in the operation of the rifle is switching from aluminum mags to polymer mags, it becomes frustrating to watch the polymer mags scatter pellets like a shotgun.
Sorry I can't tell you about switching between two mags there and back. Did you measure with digital caliber the holes?
Anything that will slow the projectile jumping from mag into barrel lead-in will do harm.
I would try first to slow down the polimer mag indexing...

The polymer mags are definitely flat.
I will look into slowing down the indexing speed.
Thank you!
You can try quickly one thing, with the polimer mags. Shoot a mag of lightweight and a mag of heavy weight pellets. Lets see if any difference in grouping of 8. Also make a picture from each, lets see what shape is a spread. I can recall the conversation but not the details, if the spread is horizontal that is the indication of a mag advance speed.
The other thing is the mag hole size, push the pellet through the aluminum and polimer mag by finger, do you feel a difference?

I don't believe they will fit into the original front plug, they are specifically designed for the newer front plug that came with the REPR. Which one do you have?
How to spot the difference between the old and the new forward plug.
I have an L2 with the internal regulator, so I guess I have the old style plug. But guessing is not knowing.

How to spot the difference between the old and the new forward plug.
I have an L2 with the internal regulator, so I guess I have the old style plug. But guessing is not knowing.

I didn't think there was a real difference, other than the dog bone and collar.

I have both an old and new one, and have not noticed the difference. But it's certainly possible there is one -- Edgun makes changes to their designs pretty-much continuously. So there's likely to be some changes, but I doubt they're essential to the dog bone and collar install.

Reactions: dorcula
In the future I would like to see a Forward Plug, where I can tune the Dwell for projectile in separate air path from Indexing.
The indexing need let say minimum of 60 or 70 bars to operate, but lets put it in a ballpark of 80 and keep it there - regardless of a Reg.
Different barrel lengths or calibers and different weight projectiles need anywhere from 80 bars to 150-180 bars on the Reg.
As is right now if we raise or lower the Reg , a certain percentage of that same pressure is powering the Indexing. Higher the Reg the Indexing want to work faster, and opposite....
I am assuming that Edgun was tinkering about for a while and we may expect changes - if the business case justifies (of course) ;)

I didn't think there was a real difference, other than the dog bone and collar.

I have both an old and new one, and have not noticed the difference. But it's certainly possible there is one -- Edgun makes changes to their designs pretty-much continuously. So there's likely to be some changes, but I doubt they're essential to the dog bone and collar install.

Internal dimensions are different. Transfer port cage design is different. Different enough that these parts won't fit. You can tear your guns apart and compare the parts side by side or you can take my word for it :)

In other news, there appears to be a new regulator out, in this old video Ed is asking his distributors to test it out, but apparently they're shipping now... someone in Germany just got a L2 with this exact reg.

Last edited:
Since Nov.2023 I had a Fall tune with 2x0.7 jets and 78 bars on Reg generating 835.
Last night I decided for a Spring tune, swap the jets to 2x0.8 and that drop the speed to 775.
Raised the Reg some, 4 shots recycle, raised the Reg again, 4 shots recycled.
Next 4 shots and I stop at this speed for now, Reg @ 84.9 bars.
A very quiet Sunday afternoon for shooting into a frozen ground in the backyard. I will sight in the scope tomorrow for 20 M.

Look at these numbers .... I never thought this could be possible :)

20240128_165238.jpg