EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I have had it for 1 1/2 year. Been shooting around 5000 pellets through it to paper targets. Tried all possible setups with jets and pressure - still got flyers. Maybe it is as it is - im used to no flyers with my other rifles
Have you checked your moderator to see if there is any clipping?
I was getting flyers in my .22 with .22 Behemoth. I took it apart and there was evidence of clipping so Brian exchanged for a .25/30 Behemoth and no more clipping or flyers. Get some nice grouping now at 50yds.

Reactions: msg1979
Have you checked your moderator to see if there is any clipping?
I was getting flyers in my .22 with .22 Behemoth. I took it apart and there was evidence of clipping so Brian exchanged for a .25/30 Behemoth and no more clipping or flyers. Get some nice grouping now at 50yds.
Yes. Its not clipping.
I bought a 600mm alpha barrel - with the behemoth its clipping - threads are not aligned on that barrel since same adapter and behemoth on the 250mm barrel do no clip. Are waiting for a solution fra Spain. I´m considering selling it and buying a Steyr Pro X scout. There is more adjusting and fixing than shooting :)

I shot at 25yards when setting up - it makes small groups (1cm) on the 8 shorts but 1-2 shots are like 1-2cm of the group

Got the rest of my parts in today and tuned it up. Homemade silencer needs larger ports to breath back into the rear chamber better but seems to be performing about as good as a behemoth reflex possibly?

450 mm barrel .5 and .6 jets around 125 bar on the reg pushing 20.2 nsa slugs at 910 fps. Just need to take it out and have fun now 🫠

20240116_211843.jpg

Reactions: Guill and candiru
Mine arrived today around 2pm. Spent a few hours tinkering, starting with a couple of shots across the Chrony F1 with the JSB .25" 33.95gr MkII pellets. Pumped it to 150bar. My first .25"! First shot was 818fps, and LOUD! Second was 796fps. I didn't feel like continuing, as even with hearing protection on, it wasn't pleasant in my workshop. The guy in Alberta who sold it to me said he'd barely used it, in part because it was so loud. I suspect it was also the fact that it was dumping air like a mad fool, around 15bar per shot, meaning he'd be spending more time filling it than shooting.

So I set about adjusting things, and it took a few tries to get the regulator right, because I couldn't figure out where the setpoint was or even if there was one. I think someone before him (the guy didn't seem like a tinkerer, the gun was in as-new condition) just unscrewed it until it gave the hottest first shot and left it there. 50fpe from a 350mm barrel, pumped to just 150bar... that's a silly tune.

My first attempt resulted in a locked regulator. Fun times. But I set up a jig and clamps and eased the gauge out a few millimetres with leather protecting the face after removing the snap ring, easy peasy, just a loud his for a while and done. Won't make that mistake again - I'm a bit prone to doing things backwards, and I dialed the thing in instead of out from point of valve face contact. Really dumb.

Second attempt was 1/2-turn out from contact - contact measuring as 7.8mm deep from the face of that threaded tube. Result was a very consistent 258fps, and quiet, and unable to turn the magazine. I also thought to look at the jetting when I opened it up this time, remembering that with such a hot setup, the guy may have had tiny jets installed. Sure enough, 0.2mm. I have zero interest in shooting slugs, or going over 800fps with such a short barrel, don't like pumping that much... so I got out a new 1/16" drill bit (1.6mm with my caliper) and carefully bored out both jets and reinstalled them.

Third try went up another 1/2-turn, getting me an average of 572fps. Neat, but 25fpe would be a bit of an insult to such an airgun. And I have a PCP'd QB78D for that power range, a tack driver with an LW barrel and all sorts of tweaks.

So I went at it one more time, dialing another 1/2-turn, and the result from 200bar fill over 8 shots was 710fps. I'd thought maybe 730fps, but 710 is 38fpe, decent enough for small game and a not too terrible trajectory. I'll take it. Might adjust down the road, but for now I'll stay here and sight it in when my Immersive 10x40 prism scope gets here in a few days.

This is a really nifty little gun! I mean, I've been in lust with the Leshiy since Ed first showed off a prototype many years ago, and when Leshiy 2 came out, well dang, I was in love. I've only shot 1 Leshiy before - at a range in 2019, one of the guys who has everything had his original Leshiy with him and let me give it a try. Also a .25". He had an HFT monster scope on it, so kind of clunky, and I didn't want to mess with his focus but it was all wrong for me... but I took 4 standing shots at a (very blurry) 2" steel plate at 50 yards, and only missed once. Love confirmed. This was an accurate little gun. Loud, yes, as he had his tuned around 850fps with 24gr. But the compact sleekness and solidity of the thing just moved me, like even the FX Impact can't. And I've been dealing with advanced metastatic kidney cancer since fall of 2022, into my second treatment protocol since immunotherapy failed. It's time I treat myself to a couple of things, instead of being so prudent with money all the time. I may be here another year, or maybe 30 if they figure something out, and if the piles of natural supplements and bacterium and other stuff I consume conspire successfully against the disease. Who knows? What I do know is I'll enjoy shooting this pellet gun! And if I kick off, my son will inherit one heck of a fine thing, along with all my other toys...

So yeah, I'm another Leshiy 2 guy in the thread. Not sure what else I might contribute, but those are my two cents for now.

By the way, I do have a question about the Leshiy 2. I've seen it mentioned in this thread, I think, and elsewhere besides - the magazine indexing guide roller (little lever with a spring, dips into the magazine hollows with every shot to keep it aligned) needs to be protected against wear/damage. But I find inserting and removing the magazines to be quite challenging, as a Leshiy 2 noob. I've been using a fingernail to hold the wheel down against spring tension while inserting or removing the mags, and it's quite annoying.

I see people slapping magazines into place like it was nothing, and don't get how that's possible, let alone nice to the roller wheel. Is there some trick to this?

By the way, I do have a question about the Leshiy 2. I've seen it mentioned in this thread, I think, and elsewhere besides - the magazine indexing guide roller (little lever with a spring, dips into the magazine hollows with every shot to keep it aligned) needs to be protected against wear/damage. But I find inserting and removing the magazines to be quite challenging, as a Leshiy 2 noob. I've been using a fingernail to hold the wheel down against spring tension while inserting or removing the mags, and it's quite annoying.

I see people slapping magazines into place like it was nothing, and don't get how that's possible, let alone nice to the roller wheel. Is there some trick to this?
You can change it to a bearing. The bearing is included in the repair kit.

Last edited:

Try loading a magazine a few times in complete darkness and you'll get the hang of it.

What I do is I find the hole where the central shaft of the magazine is supposed to go. When I get the shaft and the hole touching, I turn the magazine off-axis a little so that I can get the indexing arm around the magazine. Then it's an easy push/twist to load it up. I'm at the point I can do it fairly easily in complete darkness. Sometimes it takes me a bit to find the hole. In this process only the indexing arm and the magazine come in contact -- I find I don't have to touch the indexing arm, at least, not with any part of my body.

I have not replaced any parts on my Leshiy 2 yet, so I have all original bits, with no damage.

Reactions: tnbndr and SHOMER
I too have decided, at least on the bench to just reload the magazine in the rifle. However, I did figure out a way to switch magazines pretty quickly by tipping the magazine and pushing against the roller bearing until the shaft is aligned with the hole and then tip it straight while pushing down. Similar to what delooper is stating above, I think.

I too have decided, at least on the bench to just reload the magazine in the rifle. However, I did figure out a way to switch magazines pretty quickly by tipping the magazine and pushing against the roller bearing until the shaft is aligned with the hole and then tip it straight while pushing down. Similar to what delooper is stating above, I think.

I probably should have described it more the way you suggest. You have the magazine make contact with the roller first. Use the magazine to push the roller up, and while you are doing that, locate the hole for the axle, then slide in.

Reactions: tnbndr

Twist clockwise while inserting or removing the magazine.

Reactions: scottblair
Twist clockwise while inserting or removing the magazine.
That's been part of what I've done since first trying, as twisting counter-clockwise would jam the roller/arm with even a small push.

I'm trying the previous instructions, finding it awkward, as the tolerance on the shaft doesn't really allow for any play on an angle... but I'll persist and find a smooth way to do it. It's the sharp edges on the front edges of each magazine detent, interacting negatively with the plastic roller, which bother me. And of course if I swap to the little steel cartridge bearing, there's a concern about that eating into the finish on the magazine. So technique does seem important either way.

I had a problem with the Leshiy not latching folded. With the handguard bolted on (and I do like the little handguard - tried without it and don't like the limitations on holding the rifle at all, just too tiny), the stainless latch wouldn't quite grab, by about 0.7mm. So digging around in parts bins I found a 0.7mm thick nylon washer about the right OD but with a small ID. Used a small curved carving gouge to cut out the middle, just big enough that it slides over the shaft of the stainless latch, between the tiny black metal washer already on there and the receiver. Perfect. Latches snug when I fold it. And the triangular junction between that shaft and the folding release trigger is more than enough that the small change won't weaken that.

That's been part of what I've done since first trying, as twisting counter-clockwise would jam the roller/arm with even a small push.

I'm trying the previous instructions, finding it awkward, as the tolerance on the shaft doesn't really allow for any play on an angle... but I'll persist and find a smooth way to do it. It's the sharp edges on the front edges of each magazine detent, interacting negatively with the plastic roller, which bother me. And of course if I swap to the little steel cartridge bearing, there's a concern about that eating into the finish on the magazine. So technique does seem important either way.

I had a problem with the Leshiy not latching folded. With the handguard bolted on (and I do like the little handguard - tried without it and don't like the limitations on holding the rifle at all, just too tiny), the stainless latch wouldn't quite grab, by about 0.7mm. So digging around in parts bins I found a 0.7mm thick nylon washer about the right OD but with a small ID. Used a small curved carving gouge to cut out the middle, just big enough that it slides over the shaft of the stainless latch, between the tiny black metal washer already on there and the receiver. Perfect. Latches snug when I fold it. And the triangular junction between that shaft and the folding release trigger is more than enough that the small change won't weaken that.
If I understand your comment I believe what you’re looking for is this-
https://www.edgun.shop/products/pin-locks-for-leshiy-2
You need the 16mm, you probably have the 15.25mm