• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I think the amount of air consumed by the indexing mechanism is essentially constant, ....
I think it would be constant if the indexing mechanism would have a dedicated Reg or just anything tight flow restriction maybe. I had the Forward Plug (how they calling it) in bits and pieces and nothing inside that would make a constant pressure specifically for indexing.
I think what pressure is in the regulated side that is shared between the barrel and indexing, and this may be a reason that the plastic parts wearing out at high Reg.
Now again, it attracted my eyes I saw it several times but never made my brain mussles stretch around it... Edgun is saying on all websites for a longer time "new forward plug". I don't know did we got that one (last year what was it Aug-Sep)? or or the same happened as with REPR ? that we just got the L2 and the upgrades surfaced next week. But for sure in my Forward Plug the indexing mechanism is sharing the same pressure from the Reg.

Going forward I will tune my MRD's for same speed but with smaller jets and test it out if the shot count improves. Right now I have about 40 shots with 2x0.6 140 bar and @ 945.

I think it would be constant if the indexing mechanism would have a dedicated Reg or just anything tight flow restriction maybe. I had the Forward Plug (how they calling it) in bits and pieces and nothing inside that would make a constant pressure specifically for indexing.
I think what pressure is in the regulated side that is shared between the barrel and indexing, and this may be a reason that the plastic parts wearing out at high Reg.
Now again, it attracted my eyes I saw it several times but never made my brain mussles stretch around it... Edgun is saying on all websites for a longer time "new forward plug". I don't know did we got that one (last year what was it Aug-Sep)? or or the same happened as with REPR ? that we just got the L2 and the upgrades surfaced next week. But for sure in my Forward Plug the indexing mechanism is sharing the same pressure from the Reg.

Going forward I will tune my MRD's for same speed but with smaller jets and test it out if the shot count improves. Right now I have about 40 shots with 2x0.6 140 bar and @ 945.
The new forward plug is primarily just for low regulator pressures, like the 12ft-lb community. It has the "dog bone and collar" in it. I have both the old and new forward plug. The new I have on my pesting .22, and the old I have on my high-power gun. I think you can 3d print the parts, they're available on thingiverse.com.

I haven't taken the regulator apart so you likely have a better sense for it than me. But presumably the volume of air it consumes is pretty low, all things considered.

Who is making 3d printed handguards? Just got the Behemoth for my 250mm. I thought about cutting down the oem mod but thought otherwise. Don't want to pay $190 for a machined aluminum one.

PXL_20221116_220251226.jpg

There is one as part of a kit on Ebay.

It appears the hand guard only comes with the grip and plugs for the shoulder stock but I didn't spend much time looking.

I ordered just their grips for the Leshiy 2 and Classic. Also ordered a cheek riser for each. They seem to be high quality prints.

I tried a couple of AR grips as well as the factory laminated grip (the most recently model) and do like this 3d printed grip the best. It did benefit from a rubber grip sleeve. Probably could sell the grip if you don't like it and can't buy just the handguard.

Not sure if the hand guard requires the longer locking pin. Do note that the hand guard comes in different lengths. Not sure if you'd be better off getting the short one and modifying it for the base of the Behemoth or getting the longer one and cutting the end off.

[EDIT] Sorry. It does appears you can just select the hand guard.

I will be receiving a jet kit tomorrow for my Leshiy 2. Lots of posts in this thread about which jets to use, so many as to make a head hurt. And yes I’ve looked at EdGun’s jet chart. So two questions for those that have actual experience with jets and performance:

1. Which jets would you recommend for shooting .22, JSB 18gr pellets at approximately 900 ft/sec, with the 350mm barrel. Obviously the regulator setting comes into play also.

2. Why do some people use jets with a wide difference in sizing? For example, .6 and 1.2. Why not use two of similar size, or is there a benefit to the dissimilar sizes?
1) dual .7 or .8 should get you close.

Did yours come in?
Yeah --- edited the post to have pictures.

Pretty sure it doesn't clip --- shot into a box of rubber mulch a couple times and no visual evidence of clipping anywhere in/on the mod.

Definetly quieter than just the shroud/STO insert. Still definetly not a proverbial mousefart. Highly suspect I'm at the "this is all action noise" point.

Reactions: Scouty
Yeah --- edited the post to have pictures.

Pretty sure it doesn't clip --- shot into a box of rubber mulch a couple times and no visual evidence of clipping anywhere in/on the mod.

Definetly quieter than just the shroud/STO insert. Still definetly not a proverbial mousefart. Highly suspect I'm at the "this is all action noise" point.

Any pictures of entire rifle or at least the front end? Curious to see what the trio of Striplin + Tri Lug + Behemoth looks like.

I got mine too. I commented on a different thread but it vanished. ?
I was running a ronin + DonnyFL 350 shroud combo before the behemoth. With the four section behemoth + air stripper, they were about the same. Maybe the donny was quieter. However with two extra baffles, 6 sections all together, the behemoth is noticeably quieter. Enough that I feel comfortable now shooting in my backyard without disturbing anyone. Yes it’s longer but the quick detach makes up for it. Btw, my Leshiy is a .25 cal 350mm barrel model pushing 25 gr jsbs at 900 fps.

Larcat, is that a 470 cc bottle on your gun?
I’m awaiting a 470cc bottle from Spain.

C203D280-BFE0-4D58-A76B-3B94F4FDBA99.jpeg

I got mine too. I commented on a different thread but it vanished. ?
I was running a ronin + DonnyFL 350 shroud combo before the behemoth. With the four section behemoth + air stripper, they were about the same. Maybe the donny was quieter. However with two extra baffles, 6 sections all together, the behemoth is noticeably quieter. Enough that I feel comfortable now shooting in my backyard without disturbing anyone. Yes it’s longer but the quick detach makes up for it. Btw, my Leshiy is a .25 cal 350mm barrel model pushing 25 gr jsbs at 900 fps.

Larcat, is that a 470 cc bottle on your gun?
I’m awaiting a 470cc bottle from Spain.

View attachment 306357
350cc with the shortest top tube -- both from Spain.

Reactions: Broozer
Should say also, per the behemoth -- from what I understand of the mod50/mod40 the design is effectively identical.

I went this way because of the QD system which is, indeed, awesome. Super fast on/off, and very firm lockup but still super easy to detach. The Huma QD is partial thread based, which just seemed like it begged to wear poorly.

Reactions: Broozer
1. Which jets would you recommend for shooting .22, JSB 18gr pellets at approximately 900 ft/sec, with the 350mm barrel. Obviously the regulator setting comes into play also.

my setup, .22 cal, 350 mm alfa barrel, first edition valve housing, jets 2 x 1.2 (stock), reg at 130 Bar = JSB Heavy 18.1 grain @ 922 fps

So I bumped up the reg pressure on the new Huma regulator and the shot string has been very consistent. I went out today, around 40 degrees out, and had zero issues and was able to take two squirrels.
I am still running the .1 jets, 130 bar, 450mm barrel with FX shroud and Huma Mod50 at 860fps giving roughly 73ft/lbs. I also picked up two of the new .300 slug magazines and just received some of the FX hybrids to try next. Still waiting for the Behemoth to drop so at that point I’ll be going to my 600mm barrel for accuracy, speed and power.
NIce...What's your avg range? 860 Lol yowza is there anything left haha I'm at 120 on my 250 and 100 on my 350. Avg 650Fps my avg range is 30-40 yds. Just got the behemoth. At low pressure, it's on par w STO. Haven't tried high pressure. I imagine thats where the behemoth will shine.

With both 250 and 350 barrels, which version of the Behemoth did you choose? I assume the regular, non-reflex one?

Are you going to do what @Larcat mentioned and put the Behemoth on the factory shroud with the Striplin adapter?

That's what I'm considering for mine. Already have the standard STO insert in my 22/250 L2.
Correct I got the 250. My 350 with the STO is great I run a thermal on that. I got the 4 baffle Behemoth. The 250 is set to 120 bar/650fps with the Immersive 5x30. At this level the behemoth is on par with the STO. I haven't turned up the pressure yet. I imagine this is where the behemoth will outperform the 250 w STO only. Will report back... Not sure I like the aesthetic of the stock shroud adapter for the stock 250.