EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

This "little" wear can really make the life miserable :cautious:

wear cannot index.JPG

wear cannot index 02.JPG

These cannot be made from metal because need to be light-weight but I will haveto make some extensive research how to extend the life on these parts

Appreciate your thoughts but I have a hard time believing that the STO will dampen sound better than the hornet mod50 currently on my L2 250mm 25 with an extra baffle installed... even with it installed my setup (not tuned at all, stock jets and putting hades 25cal pellets at 850+ is fps) is way too loud for backyard in semi-burbs of the city. Either I leave it full power and only use it as such or tune it down...

I'm still not sure if I opt to tune down whether to go 22cal 350mm barrel or 25cal 250mm barrel. That's my current debate...

You're prob right. Im just saying I have used the printed baffles and the STO is head and shoulders better. I have a 250 and 350 both with STO. Im set to 650 FPS dumping 33.95 gr JSB's. Its pretty quiet. The loudest part is hitting my backstop. I have a Behemoth coming this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Get the STO...I promise you its worth it.

So I bumped up the reg pressure on the new Huma regulator and the shot string has been very consistent. I went out today, around 40 degrees out, and had zero issues and was able to take two squirrels.
I am still running the .1 jets, 130 bar, 450mm barrel with FX shroud and Huma Mod50 at 860fps giving roughly 73ft/lbs. I also picked up two of the new .300 slug magazines and just received some of the FX hybrids to try next. Still waiting for the Behemoth to drop so at that point I’ll be going to my 600mm barrel for accuracy, speed and power.

Reactions: Vinjak
I can confirm the effectiveness of the STO inserts. In .22 the STO short insert works great in both 250mm barrel/shroud and 350mm barrel/shroud. In .30 the STO short insert is certainly better than stock but still has some bark. I found with .30 the STO long insert combined with a 250mm barrel and 350mm shroud is much more effective. To my ears the STO long insert is as quiet as my .30 Ronin and maybe a bit quieter.
I can also confirm the effectiveness of standalone STO moderators. Their Sarissa is the most effective moderator I've tried so far on my L2 with a .30 cal 350mm barrel currently pushing 80 FPE. It's pretty long though, so I'm using their Falx most of the time. I find it quieter than the Ronin while being much lighter. I've also got the Behemoth on order, we'll see how that compares.

You're prob right. Im just saying I have used the printed baffles and the STO is head and shoulders better. I have a 250 and 350 both with STO. Im set to 650 FPS dumping 33.95 gr JSB's. Its pretty quiet. The loudest part is hitting my backstop. I have a Behemoth coming this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Get the STO...I promise you its worth it.

With both 250 and 350 barrels, which version of the Behemoth did you choose? I assume the regular, non-reflex one?

Are you going to do what @Larcat mentioned and put the Behemoth on the factory shroud with the Striplin adapter?

That's what I'm considering for mine. Already have the standard STO insert in my 22/250 L2.

Reactions: Sergey1972
Anyone else having issues with the Striplin adapter and the 350 shroud and moderator tolerances? I've got a .22 and tried a couple of light weight mods and they both clip due to drooping. Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue or if everyone knows to run a larger size mod with the set up and I missed that boat.
How tight have you cranked down the long screws?

I think a lot of trouble people have with the stock moderator stems from not being very careful mounting it.

You mount it like mounting a tire on a car. First finger tight, alternating the bolts, then iteratively tightening a little bit (switching bolts) until you have it nice and snugged down.
Good advice - also the end caps can be a tight fit, on my first the bolts would not true up the end parts, fixed that in a hydraulic press, a good wack with a rubber hammer would do the same

Reg and Jets tuning question to L2 gurus:
for example lets set a Reg 140 bars and just leave it there,
with 2x0.5 jets the Valve have a Dwell time ???
with 2x0.7 jets the Valve is claimed to have a shorter Dwell time ???
with 2x0.9 jets the Valve is claimed to have even shorter Dwell time ???
But the excess air - cut away from the Valve - more wasted (through a muffler) with every shorter Dwell time. I think I feel that on my face where the muffler blows out the cut of air.

Am I correct on this one?

Reg and Jets tuning question to L2 gurus:
for example lets set a Reg 140 bars and just leave it there,
with 2x0.5 jets the Valve have a Dwell time ???
with 2x0.7 jets the Valve is claimed to have a shorter Dwell time ???
with 2x0.9 jets the Valve is claimed to have even shorter Dwell time ???
But the excess air - cut away from the Valve - more wasted (through a muffler) with every shorter Dwell time. I think I feel that on my face where the muffler blows out the cut of air.

Am I correct on this one?

I don't know what the dwell times are like for the various jet sizes. I've wondered what the easiest way to figure that out might be: physical principals, or using some sort of ultra-sensitive vibration sensor on the rifle then sort through the data, trying to decipher what all the little vibrations mean.

The larger the jet size (area) the shorter the dwell time, yes. Also the shorter the dwell time the less air you should be wasting. That said, you could cut off too much air flow and the pellet could slow down in the barrel. So there is a sweet spot in there.

At the other extreme, if your jets are still open when the pellet leaves the barrel you'd have an enormous amount of air loss per shot.

I don't know what the dwell times are like for the various jet sizes.... when the pellet leaves the barrel ... enormous amount of air loss per shot.
I must explain my theory ... and I cannot think without numbers ...
The Reg is feeding the Valve with a given pressure, hypothetically 140 bars let say that is a 10 units.
The Valve feeds the projectile with 5 units of air (through a port and inside barrel), and the remaining air - 5 units (from a total of 10) which was cut off from the Valve - that goes and powers the indexing mechanism in the R2D2 tower, and exits through the muffler.
So, here comes my theoretical numbers:
The various jets sizes closing the Valve slower or faster;
If the Valve closing slower, it will feed the projectile with 7 units and 3 units goes to muffler.
If the Valve closing faster, it will feed the projectile with 3 units and 7 units goes to muffler.
So my logic playing with numbers is telling me = what faster the jets closing the Valve (Dwell) the remaining air goes to mufflers...........
Wasting air is not happening through the barrel but through the muffler???
???

I must explain my theory ... and I cannot think without numbers ...
The Reg is feeding the Valve with a given pressure, hypothetically 140 bars let say that is a 10 units.
The Valve feeds the projectile with 5 units of air (through a port and inside barrel), and the remaining air - 5 units (from a total of 10) which was cut off from the Valve - that goes and powers the indexing mechanism in the R2D2 tower, and exits through the muffler.
So, here comes my theoretical numbers:
The various jets sizes closing the Valve slower or faster;
If the Valve closing slower, it will feed the projectile with 7 units and 3 units goes to muffler.
If the Valve closing faster, it will feed the projectile with 3 units and 7 units goes to muffler.
So my logic playing with numbers is telling me = what faster the jets closing the Valve (Dwell) the remaining air goes to mufflers...........
???

I think the amount of air consumed by the indexing mechanism is essentially constant, like on an AR-15 or a Beretta 1301.

The quantity of air used when you fire the gun should (theoretically) be proportional to the dwell time multiplied by the regulator pressure. So you can reduce the quantity of air used either by lowering reg pressure or dwell time. This dependence is a little bit non-linear as if your dwell time is way too long (valve open with pellet out of the barrel) then air usage would go way up.