EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Interesting Your reg has to be set that high to reach 900fps with 18gr jsb. I reach 910fps with my reg set at around 100-110bar. I'm using the older inline reg so I can't put a gauge on it to be 100% accurate.
My gun does have many differences so maybe that has something to do with it.

.22 450mm AP Barrel (no choke)
.22 18gr JSB
No dog bone or collar (my leshiy was purchased before these parts were introduced)
Reg: between 100-110bar.
Puck : full sized
Jets : ??? Never measured, assuming they are standard for a .22
Speed: 910fps
Fill to 250bar and get 82 shots before it comes off the reg (300cc bottle)
Your barrel is longer, so you'll achieve better speed at a lower reg, plus the new EAR reg does have to be cranked a little higher than the old inline reg I think, due to its design, but has a boarder spread.

Your barrel is longer, so you'll achieve better speed at a lower reg
Yes but mine has same barrel length, but maybe slightly lower friction, compare:

350mm LW barrel. ALFA poly barrel.
.22 calibre. Same.
EAR regulator First edition regulator.
Ammo: JSB Jumbos 18.13gr. Same.
Dog bone & Collar: removed. First edition valve housing.
Reg: 155 Bar. 120 Bar.
Puck: full sized. same.
Jets: 2 x 1.2mm. Same.
Speed: 900fps. 919fps.
Shots per 300 Bar fill (standard cylinder): 30. To quote Harry: in all the excitement I ...
plus the new EAR reg does have to be cranked a little higher than the old inline reg I think, due to its design
That should not make any difference, the new reg may have a bit lower flow and longer reset - Bar is Bar - what you see on the manometer is what you get
My take so far, the new valve housing without the dog bone and collar is not the same as the old valve housing

Yes but mine has same barrel length, but maybe slightly lower friction, compare:

350mm LW barrel. ALFA poly barrel.
.22 calibre. Same.
EAR regulator First edition regulator.
Ammo: JSB Jumbos 18.13gr. Same.
Dog bone & Collar: removed. First edition valve housing.
Reg: 155 Bar. 120 Bar.
Puck: full sized. same.
Jets: 2 x 1.2mm. Same.
Speed: 900fps. 919fps.
Shots per 300 Bar fill (standard cylinder): 30. To quote Harry: in all the excitement I ...

That should not make any difference, the new reg may have a bit lower flow and longer reset - Bar is Bar - what you see on the manometer is what you get
My take so far, the new valve housing without the dog bone and collar is not the same as the old valve housing
With the EAR, apart from being able to easily attach a gauge & quickly adjust the reg....I just seems the previous regulator /plenum setup (as you have) seems much better 🤷🏽‍♂️

With the EAR, apart from being able to easily attach a gauge & quickly adjust the reg....I just seems the previous regulator /plenum setup (as you have) seems much better 🤷🏽‍♂️

I do own an extra back stock with the EAR and the new forward plug
In the weekend, if I have the time, will take it apart, remove the dog bone and collar, set the reg at 120 and compare the velocity to the original back stock

Dismantled the valve housing after first test to remove the dog bone and collar

Found the o-ring on the EAR valve housing bone dry, no trace of any lube whatsoever

BTW exact same problem with my last two Leshiy's, came with zero pressure, was leaking, o-rings were fine, added lube, problem solved

L2 - o-ring valve housing no lube.JPG

Manometer used in test:

Fx manometer.JPG

The result, jet size was 2 x 1.2
Did not have the time to adjust the old valve housing regulator so only tested at 120 Bar

L2 new forward plug vs old.JPG

All targets, first edition valve housing far right:

L2 2409, B&C vs no B&C vs org.JPG

L2 2719, B&C vs no B&C vs org.JPG

Ed's data from video:

L2 5.5-350, dependency speed-pressure 1.JPG

Reactions: nalby
Don’t quote me, but I believe the original reg had a larger plenum than the ear. Ed says this should not matter, but to me, plenum is plenum. You can definitely bypass this by raising reg pressure, and economy shouldn’t suffer. Looks to me like this is the case with all your testing.

Jmartinez is getting 84 shots on a 300cc bottle with original reg set lower and 450mm barrel. Compared to drseagram who is getting 30 shots on factory tube, which is about half the size of a 300 bottle, at higher reg pressure, and similar speed. This would show similar economy less about 20 shots (shorter barrel would confirm this). I say both of you have some pretty good tunes respectively.

Reactions: DrSeagram
Don’t quote me, but I believe the original reg had a larger plenum than the ear. Ed says this should not matter, but to me, plenum is plenum. You can definitely bypass this by raising reg pressure, and economy shouldn’t suffer. Looks to me like this is the case with all your testing.

Jmartinez is getting 84 shots on a 300cc bottle with original reg set lower and 450mm barrel. Compared to drseagram who is getting 30 shots on factory tube, which is about half the size of a 300 bottle, at higher reg pressure, and similar speed. This would show similar economy less about 20 shots (shorter barrel would confirm this). I say both of you have some pretty good tunes respectively.
I think it's the other way around. The original plenum was smaller than the EAR.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Was going to chime in that I originally purchased the Yankee Hill 6" picatinny extension (Model YHM-9473) for around $52 to extend out my rail to better mount my Atlas bipod.. it worked well and I was happy with it but recently I saw that Saber Tactical had released a Universal Picatinny to Picatinny rail ( ST0032) that looked more robust.

It is a little more expensive at ~$79 but it is a lot more sturdy and also has an ARCA on it so that you could mount the Leshiy to a camera tripod as well. It is also a little longer overall. While the Yankee Hill worked great I am happy I upgrade to the Saber and if I was doing it again that is what I would order as it works perfect.

Was going to chime in that I originally purchased the Yankee Hill 6" picatinny extension (Model YHM-9473) for around $52 to extend out my rail to better mount my Atlas bipod.. it worked well and I was happy with it but recently I saw that Saber Tactical had released a Universal Picatinny to Picatinny rail ( ST0032) that looked more robust.

It is a little more expensive at ~$79 but it is a lot more sturdy and also has an ARCA on it so that you could mount the Leshiy to a camera tripod as well. It is also a little longer overall. While the Yankee Hill worked great I am happy I upgrade to the Saber and if I was doing it again that is what I would order as it works perfect.
Just Keep in mind, the original rail is part of the poly body of the rifle, and actually flexes with a bipod attached. I’m sure this is increased by lengthening that rail out front with an extender. I use a handguard of some sort to mount my bipods. It tends to be a sturdier platform, and works double duties by giving more spots to mount accessories, AND protecting the barrel.

Just Keep in mind, the original rail is part of the poly body of the rifle, and actually flexes with a bipod attached. I’m sure this is increased by lengthening that rail out front with an extender. I use a handguard of some sort to mount my bipods. It tends to be a sturdier platform, and works double duties by giving more spots to mount accessories, AND protecting the barrel.
Agree but in my case I have a 250mm barrel and the Hornet kit so perhaps a different approach than someone that is looking at some of the longer barrel kits with the handguards like you mention. In my case I like the idea that it can be tucked into a briefcase sized Pelican case and carried to the range, or folded and put in a backpack. This was my first serious air rifle and I was so happy with it that I decided to add a 2nd serious air rifle and just received my FX Impact mk3 to play with as a more dedicated bench gun...

Reactions: madeintheuk
Agree but in my case I have a 250mm barrel and the Hornet kit so perhaps a different approach than someone that is looking at some of the longer barrel kits with the handguards like you mention. In my case I like the idea that it can be tucked into a briefcase sized Pelican case and carried to the range, or folded and put in a backpack. This was my first serious air rifle and I was so happy with it that I decided to add a 2nd serious air rifle and just received my FX Impact mk3 to play with as a more dedicated bench gun...
My .22 350 goes with me everywhere in a backpack. Bought it just for that reason!

Reactions: delooper
OK I just tested my .30 x 450mm after setting the reg to 151 bar from the factory set 136 bar. I got 609 fps with NSA 47 grn. slugs and 646 fps with JSB 44.75 grn. pellets. Not much improvement over the factory setting 136 bar and 620 fps with the JSB 44.75 grn. This would have been very disappointing prior to us knowing about the nozzles. My thinking is this valve needs to breathe longer for this barrel and caliber combination. But it may be just the opposite ? Assuming the #7 on my nozzle means .7mm and both are both the same size I at least have a base line of .14mm to start from. So for you guys wanting to change out your barrel to a .22 / 350mm , at 135 bar with .14mm nozzles is a good tune for 16 to 18 grain pellets. MtnGoast had mentioned that .25 / .30 guns came with .4mm nozzles which if thats correct is opposite from the way I am looking at it . I would think with every increase in caliber size the total nozzle volumes would increase too for a middle of the road tune. Can someone confirm what size their 30 caliber came with. Then we see Kikopower has one nozzle hole blocked off and one large nozzle in his .25. But he doesnt know what size it is yet and he didnt mention his barrel length. I think when we all start experimenting with the nozzles and reg settings we need to also give the barrel length so we are all on the same page. All this now brings up the only thing I dont like about this gun and that it doesn't have a means to adjust the regulator or change out the nozzles without degassing the whole system. But that isnt that awful unless you are hand pumping.

BlackPaw, The regulator in the Leshiy 2 is the same design as in the Classic or at least the way it is adjusted with an allen wrench. There is no indication marks or numbers to tell what the setting is at so as the videos on the classic OEM regulator show how to adjust with 30 degree turns for every 10 bar increase or decrease depending on which direction you turn, is close. I was shooting for 150 bar and it took me three try's to get to 151 where I stopped. you don't need the tester to adjust the reg but without it you really dont know what you got without a gauge. and if you loose your place or dont remember what it was last set at, your screwed.
Hey bud I I’m running a 350mm .25 and I’ve been trying to tune my gun for a bit now and I’ve changed power jets and messed with reg pressure a lot I also have a 300cc tank and on a full 250 bar fill, I was getting 22 regulated shots and about 25 more unregulated shots easy with factory 180bar! And a pair of .4/.4 jets which wasn’t the best for me accuracy and speed wise, I was recommended to put a pair of .2/.2 size jets and turn down to 160. I was also told you should be running two jets cause it was made to flow through two. But Yes the .2 size would mean less air efficient but it would give me better speed with lower psi in the repr what I wanted. This maybe saving more regulated shots? So far liking the .2 size still have yet to do shot count but sitting at 160 bar shooting 34grainers at 55fpe and pellets 26grain at 50fpe. Surprisingly before I couldn’t shoot both slugs and pellets at same tune they would be opposite and way off but today I poop both at 160bar w/ .2/.2 and they were both right on sure only at 20 yards but more testing to be done soon. liking it so far

Reactions: Ginuwine1969
Just giving what occurred over the past few day’s with changing from .30 to .25. In the .30 I had .4mm for combined jets and had the reg, repr, set to 165bar and had 50.15 JSB’s averaging 895fps with 450mm barrel.
Using the Huma FX barrel adapter I switched over to a 600mm barrel and didn’t change anything and had 25.39 JSB pellets going over 1100fps! I remembered I needed to change the jets and the regulator pressure to bring that fps down to what I wanted, 890 to 910 fps. I ran out of the 25gr pellets and had to switch my tune thoughts for the 33.95gr pellets instead.
Changed jets to two .3’s and brought regulator down to 85bar and gradually increased reg pressure up to 105 bar to achieve the range with those 33.95’s at roughly 895 to 900fps. Next will be headed to the range to see how the FX barrel does on the L2.
Hope this is helpful…

In trying to get my head around the jets, is it the case running larger jets is more air efficient, yet requires a higher reg pressure?

So I currently run 2 x1.2mm jets & 155 bar, in my EAR 350mm .22, but for instance if instead I switched to, 2 x 1mm jets, could I then run a lower reg pressure, but would waste air per shot? And I guess probably cause accuracy issues with added turbulence behind the pellet?

Guess im just curious for someone to break down the differences & actual practical explanation of how jet sizes are used. Not just saying "dwell time", but explaining what happens & how experimenting with jets actually effects results with pellet speed, reg pressure & air efficiency.

Interested to read peoples input :)

In trying to get my head around the jets, is it the case running larger jets is more air efficient, yet requires a higher reg pressure?

So I currently run 2 x1.2mm jets & 155 bar, in my EAR 350mm .22, but for instance if instead I switched to, 2 x 1mm jets, could I then run a lower reg pressure, but would waste air per shot? And I guess probably cause accuracy issues with added turbulence behind the pellet?

Guess im just curious for someone to break down the differences & actual practical explanation of how jet sizes are used. Not just saying "dwell time", but explaining what happens & how experimenting with jets actually effects results with pellet speed, reg pressure & air efficiency.

Interested to read peoples input :)

Regarding your first question, the answer is yes *provided* no other variables are being changed, like barrel length, calibre, projectile weight, reg pressure, etc. The jets just control the dwell time. So when you change your barrel length, reg pressure, projectile weight, etc, the jetting while it make have previously been ideal, it may no longer be.

If your dwell time is too long, you risk wasting air and potentially making your projectile wobble or tumble a bit more than it needs. If your dwell time is too short, you might be missing out on some power.

In .22 I doubt there's much benefit in going to smaller jets unless you use a longer barrel or really heavy slugs. But I haven't done enough experimentation to be sure.

Reactions: DrSeagram