EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I had not seen those magazines with the tapered studs before. I think EdGun makes continuous tweaks to its designs, so we often don't find out about them until someone buys new stock and finds out.

It looks like the anodization is a little different. But their anodization changes almost continuously. But from what you are posting, that's all I can see.

Reactions: Hoffman9517
Back in Nov.2021 I bought from an ebay seller from Russia, I got my two 500 polygonal barrels (.22 and .25) about 2 months later in early Feb with a last train. Not sure he still able to deliver.

View attachment 277756
How did your barrels perform? I have one in .22 that I haven’t had a chance to try out. I ordered mine and shortly after, he removed his eBay offering. I was worried I wouldn’t get it, but it finally arrived.

Thanks,
Dave

How did your barrels perform? I have one in .22 that I haven’t had a chance to try out. I ordered mine and shortly after, he removed his eBay offering. I was worried I wouldn’t get it, but it finally arrived.

Thanks,
Dave
The .22x500 polygonal barrel working well with 16gr and 18gr pellets, but not with 25gr MRD's I had a big hope for. I was desperately trying to make that work, altered the barrel in and outs many times no luck..... all my friend machinists got pissed of me already. I need my own mini lathe for this my hobby ;) .
The .25 the same, somehow don't like the heavy pellets, and I didn't get the right tune with L2?

The .22x500 polygonal barrel working well with 16gr and 18gr pellets, but not with 25gr MRD's I had a big hope for. I was desperately trying to make that work, altered the barrel in and outs many times no luck..... all my friend machinists got pissed of me already. I need my own mini lathe for this my hobby ;) .
The .25 the same, somehow don't like the heavy pellets, and I didn't get the right tune with L2?
Thanks, I wouldn’t know what to do without my machines.

I’ll try to get mine put on and see how it does.

Dave

The last thing I didn't try yet - to single load the MRD's if any interference between a lead-in and the mag. The MRD's are full body pellets and maybe don't like if any misalignment.
Today morning I just milled a clearance slot on all the barrels (the forward plug have a shelf/pocket), will see how this can change things - next time I am visiting my gunclub.

single load.JPG

shelf.JPG

But again, when I finished the flats, tried on the L2, the brass piece cannot work as a - single load.

I don't know much about the mechanism but if it's repeatedly breaking, perhaps there's too much force being applied to it. There's a little screw that calibrates how much air gets pushed into the cycling mechanism, I would imagine you want to investigate that, and cut the air down if the mechanism is otherwise okay.
mmh, been looking at the gun but cannot really detect such a screw, can you see it on this exploded view?

Screenshot 2022-07-28 221602.png

mmh, been looking at the gun but cannot really detect such a screw, can you see it on this exploded view?

View attachment 278999
As far as I know, the only adjustable screw for the cycling mechanism is 36. If you follow its orientation directly into the housing in the centre of the image, it's on the face just below the puck (transfer port seal). When you are looking directly at the face that holds the puck, it's the bottom screw that you see.

I wasn't aware that it was possible to damage the Leshiy by getting this screw far out of adjustment but perhaps my guess is wrong. How far in/out is your screw at present? On my Leshiy, it protrudes about 0.2-0.3mm out of the face it is sitting in.

edit: Looking at that diagram I see there are at least two screws labelled 36. I am referring to the one on the right. There is another one whose label is just below this that screws in from the bottom.

#36 is this piece; it doesn't regulate the air into the piston. The action mechanism is the rod pushing the valve and redirecting air to cock the piston. I don't know how many rounds you have through the gun, but it might be time to change the Main Piston Spring. Over travel and hitting the R2D2 can cause it to break. It is also possible that you just got unlucky.

(17- Plunger LSA232202) broke a few weeks ago, i got a new one. installed it. Gun worked fine for +- 100 shots and now it broke again. Obviously something is wrong

I had same plunger fail quite early and fixed it by adding a semi-soft rubber disc in top of the radio tower, this way the compressed spring plus rubber disc limit the stroke and take the blow instead of the top of the plunger, started with a 1.5mm disc, had a few over indexing problems, changed it to 3mm - have worked perfectly since May 11, 2021

Link to the post in this string:
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/edgun-leshiy-2.654567/page-123#post-999376

I had same plunger fail quite early and fixed it by adding a semi-soft rubber disc in top of the radio tower, this way the compressed spring plus rubber disc limit the stroke and take the blow instead of the top of the plunger, started with a 1.5mm disc, had a few over indexing problems, changed it to 3mm - have worked perfectly since May 11, 2021

Link to the post in this string:
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/edgun-leshiy-2.654567/page-123#post-999376
Ah thanks, I'll look into that. I already drew the piston in cad and 3d printed a few, might try those as well. Just looking at how it works, I don't understand why they designed the top and bottom "pins" so weak. All I can think of is weight reduction because those "teeth" don't seem to be required.

Ah thanks, I'll look into that. I already drew the piston in cad and 3d printed a few, might try those as well. Just looking at how it works, I don't understand why they designed the top and bottom "pins" so weak. All I can think of is weight reduction because those "teeth" don't seem to be required.

Yes the weight of that part is important - here's a video of Ed trolling a user that made one in steel

I don't think a printed one will hold unless you are using a special composite filament - but talk about printing - you are aware of this thread right? - link to the page with latest version of the 2 and 3 disc speed loaders:

Leshiy 2 – 3D print

Last edited:
so you cut the plunger 3mm to make room for the 3mm disc? Does this no also compress the spring more?
The gun stopped working because part of of the top of plunger broke and got stock in between the plunger and racket (part 19), so I shortened the plunger 3mm from that, not from the original length

Yes the spring will have an extra preload of 3mm but works perfect (in my Leshiy) anyway