• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Man I love this gun!

I think I have found a solution for my application.

I'm pretty sure I need the foot pounds of energy from the .30 caliber. I could consider slugs in a smaller caliber but I think I will stick with pellets for now.

I like the handling qualities of the original shroud plus the butt stock folds up tight and locked. Using the 250 shroud allows the gun to be stored folded in an amazingly small bag.

The problem is the 250mm barrel with 250 shroud has a serious bark to it in .30 caliber. I found the short silent thunder ordnance (STO) insert helps reduce this bark significantly but probably still not enough for back yard plinking.

Using the 250mm barrel with a 350 shroud and the long STO insert totally tames the bark of the .30 caliber. Problem is I loose the extremely small bag storage benefit. I could remove the 350 shroud and store the gun with just the 250 barrel but it is a bit of a hassle to R&R the factory shrouds.

The solution I came up with is to install a Striplin Custom Gunworks threaded adapter to the 250 shroud. This way I can store it in an extremely small bag and quickly add my Ronin if I need more suppression. Pretty slick and works great!

IMG_2505 crop.1648531274.jpg

IMG_2507 crop.1648531295.jpg

IMG_2508 crop.1648531324.jpg

IMG_2509 crop.1648531363.jpg

IMG_2510 crop.1648531378.jpg

With an open reflex red dot the gun is perfect for quick handling on rapid moving targets at 35 yards. The combination of the STO insert and Ronin is very quiet even with the 250 barrel in .30 caliber. Right now I have the reg at 150 BAR and shooting 44.8 gr FX @ 760 fps. That's about 23 ftlb and seems the most stable. I can move it up to 160 BAR but loose some stability and mostly adds noise with the 250 barrel. I have not messed with the jets yet, I assume they are both .3.

Certainly a fun gun to shoot, extremely handy and powerful yet quiet.

Is there anything holding the big purple sponge on the face close to the barrel? I'd imagine it would get all torn up and moved around in that location. 

Oh, the sponge goes around the barrel, so air pressure will keep it there. I still have morning-brain. 

I'm having some issues with a Valkyrie Carbin Fiber handguard for my Leshiy2. So I was wondering if any of you ran into this issue before.

The CF handguard is not cut correctly in a 90 degree angle on the end that connects to the adapter. So if I mount the handguard it will push against the Huma LDC depending on the orientation. In other words it looks crooked and pushes the LDC.

Is it normal the have to go and sand of the CF handguard to get a correct straight alinement?

The ordering also went a bid strange so I'm thinking this is a returned product.

I'm having some issues with a Valkyrie Carbin Fiber handguard for my Leshiy2. So I was wondering if any of you ran into this issue before.

The CF handguard is not cut correctly in a 90 degree angle on the end that connects to the adapter. So if I mount the handguard it will push against the Huma LDC depending on the orientation. In other words it looks crooked and pushes the LDC.

Is it normal the have to go and sand of the CF handguard to get a correct straight alinement?

The ordering also went a bid strange so I'm thinking this is a returned product.

this was not my experience. i would contact the seller rather than trying to fix it, although it probably could be "fixed".

I suspect you are wrong. The handguard should be parallel to the barrel. The lack of alignment you are noticing is that the barrel is not centred in the handguard. The lack-of-centre is true both where the barrel enters the handguard, and where it exits. Take a close look at the handguard mount and measure the distance for the barrel opening to the top and bottom, and you can check for yourself. 

So if you were to try to change the angle you would have a handguard that is both not centred **and** out of alignment. 

It may very well be the case that your Huma just doesn't have the right geometry to fit this handguard. Have you seen anyone mount it before? I'm not certain what a "Huma LDC" is. 

I had this issue with my 450 build and carbon handguard. I wasn't able to get mine perfectly center but what I did do was adjust the tension on the screws that held that handguard in place. If you loosen all the screws and reposition the handguard and tighten down the side that is off-center first, it will help with straightening it out. For me, looking at the handguard from the top where the scope is mounted, my handguard was leaning to the right, touching the left side of the moderator, so when I loosened the bolts, I moved the handguard to the left almost touching the right side of the moderator and tightened down the bolts on the left. When I tighten down the bolts on the right it pulled the handguard back to the right slightly and was pretty close to the center. Give this a shot before modifying the carbon. 

I had the same issue on mine. What I did was drop the hand guard on loosely, than I used spacers to make sure the guard was equidistant from my moderator, than I tightened the screws. No problem.

carbon fiber bends and so does where the hand guard attaches. It is not a super tight fit, therefore there is wiggle. If you just put it on and tighten screws it will necessarily can’t towards the side you tighten first.

So I've tried rotating the handguard but in every orientation it will keep being crooked and push against the moderator.

It's the HUMA MOD40 moderator which should fit the CarbonFiber handguard. It's on Edgunswest website among others.

If I try to get it square by using a flat surface to mount the guard to the adapter, it will leave a 1-2mm gap between the adapter and guard. For this money I thought it would be better. I'll just send it back and go for the alu handguard.

Thanks all

Although not exactly related to your question, the company "Clearwater Composites" sells the carbon fiber handguard. It's an octagonal tube, and the cuts are square.

When you purchase from them it does not have the m-lok holes, nor the mounting holes. But it's a perfect fit on the Leshiy 2, in case anyone is interested in making their own octagonal carbon-fiber tubes. 

Reactions: kmix
I was cutting and squaring my carbon fiber arrow tubes for two decades and I can say it is very easy job to square a larger OD (or hex or oct) tube maybe 5 minutes of sanding if you know what you doing. btw if you go that path don't breed in that dust but good enough to move your face away for arm lengths, if you don't have a shop vac.

good advice. it isn't particularly difficult to work with, but you want to avoid the dust.

i had no issues cutting mine in half, and i guess i was lucky on getting one with a square end.

explodedviewCapture.1648772903.JPG

Bill has another happy customer. The Striplin Custom Gunworks threaded adadapter gets my official DLD Award (dandy little device.) A left over Tatsu takes the bark out of our .22 while keeping it compact for storage and transport, perfect. The quality and finish are top notch, frosting on the cake.

20220331_150206.1648769627.jpg

Got mine yesterday and the fit and finish is spectacular. I’m awaiting the insert from STO and then will go back to the 250mm for backyard critters. I like the size of the 250mm and how light it is. Gonna put the Ronin on it to see how much suppression it offers versus the 450mm barrel with a shroud and Ronin.

Also, have to give two thumbs up to Francisco from EdgunShop. I have ordered from him on multiple occasions and have my items within 4 day’s. Phenomenal on how quick he gets the items sent out and that’s coming from Spain to the US.

Bill has another happy customer. The Striplin Custom Gunworks threaded adadapter gets my official DLD Award (dandy little device.) A left over Tatsu takes the bark out of our .22 while keeping it compact for storage and transport, perfect. The quality and finish are top notch, frosting on the cake.

20220331_150206.1648769627.jpg

What scope mount is that? And what scope for that matter? On my phone & can't stretch the image enough to tell.

Also, to you & everyone else with the Striplin, are you going up a size with the moderator or using caliber specific?