• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

791CDF8E-5E6A-4A25-9022-518671FED9F0.1647963132.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

new to the fold got mine yesterday .30 350mm barrel Valkyrie silencer and carbon guard on order and thinking of which bipod to use on both guns? I have never seen so much protective gunk on a new rifle i know its there for a reason and it cleaned up well, Cleaned the barrel and set it up over the chrony today 875FPS & 77FTlbs that will do me, I kinda bought it as a mooch around gun to hunt on the move as i have the Vulcan 3 for static long range shots in .22 they are both IMO in a league of there own, i,m thinking about sights for the L2 anyone use red dots ? I’m thinking these are more for big game where i,m only onto rabbits and rats around here as i,m in spain i haave lots of my own land to wonder over and its full or rabbits or though i,m knocking the population down sumwhat,

Geeze how much have i spent on this hobby had to buy the Hill compressor too…….

Welcome! Yup. Entry cost to this hobby is significant. Optics are tricky as most useful options are either very expensive or kinda entry level. Not much middle ground. I used an aimpoint micro from my Ar15 while I decided what I wanted. It was fun but def left me wanting some magnification.

Just got mine from Brian, and got it set up over the weekend. I had a great experience with him. I got the .30 cal Badger, had to file down the mounts for the sling and the bipod so they would fit between the guard and the moderator without touching (thanks to my reading this thread.) I have a Hawke Sidewinder 4 x16. Not sure if this is the right scope for this gun. Really want that Dedal Stalker. I’m also considering putting a red dot sight on an an angle off the rail for quick shots at close range. Thoughts? I’m using a Hill hand pump, but the way I’m putting rounds through this, Im not sure I want to stay with that. This is my second PCP. Also have a Condor SS that is pretty optioned up. I guess I have nine more posts before I can decide if I want to sell it here, since this is my first post. Interested in any tips or advice for new users. I have not cleaned the gun or anything. Just put it together, pumped it up and shot a bunch. Fun gun! Anything I should be doing? I’m a hunter of groundhogs, and a plinker.

Anybody know how to post a photo? I tried to copy and paste. It said “successful” and the “incorrect server response.” ???

which bipod to use on both guns?

I've had good luck with a cheap UUQ knockoff Atlas for my stock L2: https://smile.amazon.com/UUQ-9Tactical-Adjustable-Detach-Picatinny/dp/B09C1XWNJY/ref=sr_1_4?crid=18Z5RT8SV0FVR&keywords=uuq+bipod&qid=1648008834&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=uuq+bipod%2Csporting%2C109&sr=1-4

It's slightly heavier than I'd like but also less slop than I expected, which works out for me. The QD works pretty well.

I've noticed that some bipods won't fit properly because of how small the rail space is, such as the cheapo CVLIFE one.

Definitely no plans to deform the slugs, given the high BC is why I'm using the Altaros 49.5 gr. 

I was hunting with them this weekend and the penetration on pigeons was unlike anything I'd seen, even with a .30 cal FX Impact. However, I did notice that there is a ~25fps range between shots which influences the point of impact even at 50 yards - 160 bar, 700-725fps, 49.5gr. 

It seems like the slugs slipping down the barrel does alter the velocity when it occurs. 

I wish there was something I could put in the mag slots to hold the slugs a little.

Have you thought about knurling the slugs? It raises the diameter without adding material. Should tighten in the mag without significant effect on rifling engagement. They sell tools to knurl bullets.

Just a thought.

which bipod to use on both guns?

I've had good luck with a cheap UUQ knockoff Atlas for my stock L2: https://smile.amazon.com/UUQ-9Tactical-Adjustable-Detach-Picatinny/dp/B09C1XWNJY/ref=sr_1_4?crid=18Z5RT8SV0FVR&keywords=uuq+bipod&qid=1648008834&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=uuq+bipod%2Csporting%2C109&sr=1-4

It's slightly heavier than I'd like but also less slop than I expected, which works out for me. The QD works pretty well.

I've noticed that some bipods won't fit properly because of how small the rail space is, such as the cheapo CVLIFE one.

Was looking at a bipod tier one for both guns but stock is rare this side of the pond, Anyone help with the bottle spec?

My experience is that Bryan has been very helpful. Jake and I have purchased parts from Bryan and Spain never had a problem with either. Jake bought his gun from the classified and not Bryan. Bryan has been very helpful in making things easy. His Amazon links for parts are useful. When you are buying one o-ring (which realistically cost $0.05) no one wants to handle it due to labor. Rather than paying Bryan $15 for 3 o-rings he's providing a link to buy 100 for $8 from Amazon with free shipping, everybody wins. The last thing he posted was the magazine index wheel for the L2, 4 pieces for $10, or of course you can order the factory original part with no bearing for $15 or $20 each and pay to ship. I thought it was great and ordered them. 

The world has changed standard hardware is cheap, labor is expensive. Just the opposite of the way it was when I went into business 30 years ago. Box of screws was $15 and labor was $5 an hour. Today labor cost (not pay) is $20 and a box of screws is $8.

Just my experience and opinion.

Hi, I'm a Leshiy 2 and AGN newb who would have several more pennies in his bank account and get more sleep instead of researching had I discovered neither. 

I badly nicked my Leshiy 2 indexing wheel while changing barrels. Can someone post the Amazon links for the magazine index wheel and o-rings? If you have any other links to share for replacement parts, I'd definitely appreciate it! The Leshiy 2 is my first real PCP and I know I'm gonna break more stuff tinkering in the name of learning and fun. I've spent over $300 over the last month on shipping alone for parts, accessories, and tools as I keep going further down this rabbit hole, or more appropriately, wood goblin (Leshiy) hole.

*I've tried to PM members directly, but don't have enough posts to do so yet. I've also tried searching, but AGN search has never worked for me. 

My experience is that Bryan has been very helpful. Jake and I have purchased parts from Bryan and Spain never had a problem with either. Jake bought his gun from the classified and not Bryan. Bryan has been very helpful in making things easy. His Amazon links for parts are useful. When you are buying one o-ring (which realistically cost $0.05) no one wants to handle it due to labor. Rather than paying Bryan $15 for 3 o-rings he's providing a link to buy 100 for $8 from Amazon with free shipping, everybody wins. The last thing he posted was the magazine index wheel for the L2, 4 pieces for $10, or of course you can order the factory original part with no bearing for $15 or $20 each and pay to ship. I thought it was great and ordered them. 

The world has changed standard hardware is cheap, labor is expensive. Just the opposite of the way it was when I went into business 30 years ago. Box of screws was $15 and labor was $5 an hour. Today labor cost (not pay) is $20 and a box of screws is $8.

Hi, I'm a Leshiy 2 and AGN newb who would have several more pennies in his bank account and get more sleep instead of researching had I discovered neither. 

I badly nicked my Leshiy 2 indexing wheel while changing barrels. Can someone post the Amazon links for the magazine index wheel and o-rings? If you have any other links to share for replacement parts, I'd definitely appreciate it! The Leshiy 2 is my first real PCP and I know I'm gonna break more stuff tinkering in the name of learning and fun. I've spent over $300 over the last month on shipping alone for parts, accessories, and tools as I keep going further down this rabbit hole, or more appropriately, wood goblin (Leshiy) hole.

*I've tried to PM members directly, but don't have enough posts to do so yet. I've also tried searching, but AGN search has never worked for me.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leishy-2-resource-for-o-rings-and-alternative-parts/#post-1211861

Why is it soo hard then to design your own? It could be fun and educational in a same way.

Just saying....

Many times people have a hard time to imagine the amount of effort invested into R&D, so here is your turn.

I agree, you can make your own copy for private use but don't share with anyone, the design belongs to Edgun

"all your bases are belong to us"

Leshiy 2 mag model.1647962902.JPG

If your talking about 3D printing mags for the Leshiy remember that unlike most other guns with the Leshiy the mag is subject to the full power of the compressed air sense the pellet is shot out of the mag. I am guessing you have already taken this into account, but I just wanted to make sure so nobody potentially gets hurt. 

I have been shooting slugs, .30, but was advised to get the .3033 slug versus the .30. When I tried the .30 slugs, with loading on the rifle, the first slug would slide about half way through the magazine. The .3033 slugs are a tight fit but zero issue with slugs sliding through. I went with the AVS slug’s as he offers them in different size’s. 
https://avsslugs.com/

What weight and base are you using on the AVS slugs?

Dia is .3033, 55grains, cup base

image.1648062391.jpg

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leishy-2-resource-for-o-rings-and-alternative-parts/#post-1211861

BlackTitanium, have you tried using the fingerboard wheels to replace the indexing wheel? I attempted to use one. After sanding down the outside diameter of the wheel to match the leshiy indexing wheel I found that the hole in the wheel was smaller than the leshiy pin diameter. I swapped out the indexing Wheel for a ball bearing. I did purchase the leshiy indexing wheel from the Lesliyshop but have not put it on since th bearing has been working fine with no issues.

9C69EAB8-52ED-49B6-BC0B-D993FB694194.1648064326.jpeg
617A95D9-1BB0-4900-95D1-D15FCBC92C49.1648064327.jpeg

here is your turn.

I agree, you can make your own copy for private use but don't share with anyone, the design belongs to Edgun

If your talking about 3D printing mags for the Leshiy remember that unlike most other guns with the Leshiy the mag is subject to the full power of the compressed air sense the pellet is shot out of the mag. I am guessing you have already taken this into account, but I just wanted to make sure so nobody potentially gets hurt.

I totally agree, It would not make any sense to 3d print a shoot through mag, the pressure problem is just one of many reasons against it

My point was that anyone can put in the time and do the work, measure the original mag and make their own CNC slug version, do not expect Edgun to post any design files

I only made the model as a tool to difference out the base of the 2 and 3 disc speed loader models posted in another string

BlackTitanium, have you tried using the fingerboard wheels to replace the indexing wheel? I attempted to use one. After sanding down the outside diameter of the wheel to match the leshiy indexing wheel I found that the hole in the wheel was smaller than the leshiy pin diameter. I swapped out the indexing Wheel for a ball bearing. I did purchase the leshiy indexing wheel from the Lesliyshop but have not put it on since th bearing has been working fine with no issues.

I have not tried using the fingerboard wheel.

Here is a bearing, that does not require modification, posted by another L2 owner on a facebook Leshiy 2 group:

CNBTR 2x6x2.5mm Bearing Steel Mini Groove Ball Bearings Sliding Wheels DIY Industry MR62ZZ Pack of 10
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFTBHDZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_VMZKS14R532M42RX53FX&nbsp

Personally, I would prefer using the stock plastic, rather than using metal. I wouldn’t want the metal on metal contact, wearing out/damaging my magazine. The magazine is much more expensive to replace than the indexing wheel. 

I have not tried using the fingerboard wheel.

Here is a bearing, that does not require modification, posted by another L2 owner on a facebook Leshiy 2 group:

CNBTR 2x6x2.5mm Bearing Steel Mini Groove Ball Bearings Sliding Wheels DIY Industry MR62ZZ Pack of 10
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFTBHDZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_VMZKS14R532M42RX53FX&nbsp

Personally, I would prefer using the stock plastic, rather than using metal. I wouldn’t want the metal on metal contact, wearing out/damaging my magazine. The magazine is much more expensive to replace than the indexing wheel.

Originally I had that concern and was going to put the OEM part on but the bearing is much smoother force/pressure from the spring loaded leather is really low..I have not noticed any where on my magazines so far.. The problem with the OEM plastic part it's so easy to damage mostly doing barrel changes and it usually out of stock and the shipping is expensive if you have to order it overseas. After owning this gun for over year now I think I'm stocked up on most of the commonly broken parts.

Thanks! Which groups on facebook did you use find your L2?

If you want a magazine that fits Slugs I would ask around on Facebook. When I purchased my custom STX superior heavy barrel in 30 Cal for my Leshiy 2 it came with a slug magazine. I was told a guy in China made them.

The slugs fit in perfect but the Pellets are to

5D09C57C-BEDC-4A0B-BDCF-5DD194BC52B0.1648076666.jpeg

8E70D51D-2D9D-42A8-81FF-1C4E2F52BAA7.1648076540.jpeg

This might be the guy that makes slug magazines.

85F177F4-D573-47C3-8E2F-738CDE2CF2F3.1648076523.png