• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

As mine came with none, I sent an email to EdGun West.

Wait a second I may have misunderstood, are we talking about the thin plate that goes on the back of the magazine or a magnet to remove the plate? Mine came with two extra plates but it did not come with a magnet to remove the plates. I also do not find the need to have a magnet to remover the plates as I can easily pop them off with my fingernail.

For those of you with a Leshiy 2, did it come with a spare magazine magnet, as noted in the description on the EdGun West website?

The Leshiy 2 ships with two magazine assemblies, that contain the magazine and a magazine plate, and two spare magazine plates.

Each magazine has a built in magnet, that holds the magazine plate. 

Magnetic magazine plate removers are an optional purchase. However, as Ed mentions in the April 2021 video, the magazine plate removers are no longer needed after the magazine plate was redesigned. 

71F75B01-CD87-41B0-A6AF-99D5519DA9EB.1646106296.jpeg

https://youtu.be/dNdKU6heDGg

For mine the covers are nearly identical in diameter to the magazines and they do not come off easily, unless I push through with a dowel rod from the other side. Also, the cover is not magnetic, the magazine center is.

When did you buy your Leshiy 2? Sounds like you have the 2020’s design magazine!

https://youtu.be/qsDtUHAOrNQ

I’m trying to get my new L2 up to a basic tune for both .30 and .22 calibers with both 250mm and 350mm barrels. I could spend several hours looking through this thread but I thought I would just throw out this request for those that may have the information at the top of their heads. I don’t require tack driving exactness (would be nice though) but basic ballpark settings would be highly appreciated.

I use JSB 44.75gr for .30 and JSB 18.13gr for .22 and have both 250mm and 350mm barrels for each caliber. I typically shoot from 25-75 yards and the targets are your typical pests. Most demanding requirement would be to knock down a coyote at less than 50 yards.

What regulator pressures and jet size would you experienced L2 tuners recommend for a start? Of course both energy and accuracy are important but also rifle reliability a durability.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated before I get started on this effort.

Thanks!

i have the .22 350mm and i think the stock tune is based on the 18.13gr jsb or similar at around 900fps and that is meant to be pretty good.

i don't think you need to change jets unless you are trying to slow it down a lot or push some heavy slugs.

I’m trying to get my new L2 up to a basic tune for both .30 and .22 calibers with both 250mm and 350mm barrels. I could spend several hours looking through this thread but I thought I would just throw out this request for those that may have the information at the top of their heads. I don’t require tack driving exactness (would be nice though) but basic ballpark settings would be highly appreciated.

I use JSB 44.75gr for .30 and JSB 18.13gr for .22 and have both 250mm and 350mm barrels for each caliber. I typically shoot from 25-75 yards and the targets are your typical pests. Most demanding requirement would be to knock down a coyote at less than 50 yards.

What regulator pressures and jet size would you experienced L2 tuners recommend for a start? Of course both energy and accuracy are important but also rifle reliability a durability.

Thanks!

i have the .22 350mm and i think the stock tune is based on the 18.13gr jsb or similar at around 900fps and that is meant to be pretty good.

i don't think you need to change jets unless you are trying to slow it down a lot or push some heavy slugs.

Thanks for the response. My rifle was originally a .30 with 350mm barrel. I have not adjusted anything yet, and the regulator was set at 120 BAR but I have not checked the original jet sizes yet. I have used these same settings for the 250mm barrel and also with .22 setups. The gun seems to shoot and function fine. Anyone know what the factory settings are for the different calibers and barrel lengths or are they all the same?

7150633A-541E-4715-9DDF-C47B5F341619.1646199873.jpeg

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. My rifle was originally a .30 with 350mm barrel. I have not adjusted anything yet, and the regulator was set at 120 BAR but I have not checked the original jet sizes yet. I have used these same settings for the 250mm barrel and also with .22 setups. The gun seems to shoot and function fine. Anyone know what the factory settings are for the different calibers and barrel lengths or are they all the same?

Screenshot_2022-03-02-08-49-17-443_org.telegram.messenger.1646200354.jpg

After snapping another magazine holder o-ring I came up with this new holder. It’s kinda out of the way storage and no more worry about snapping another o-ring. 

https://youtu.be/uUknCZOsDI8

Just wanted to give an update. After I shared this magazine holder design here at AirgunNation a member @cjdscratch reached out to me and ask for another magazine holder option as his scope setup is different than mine. With the help of a few pictures of what he was looking for I just received confirmation that another option is now possible. 
Here are some of his pictures to show how the magazines can be attached to your Leshiy 2.

Thanks Chris for sharing your photos! 

D1E1F23B-DDF7-4E46-85AB-6937B8033796.1646452648.jpeg

7BEAD2EB-BEA1-437F-B5BB-C29B7ADA28A4.1646452877.jpeg
290A945B-81F4-4C9E-AE4F-57ACB64A8340.1646452877.jpeg

So I got myself a Leshiy 2, my first PCP! I promptly put in a short STO insert for it (.22 with short shroud) and notice that there's some air leaking out by the base of the handguard where my hand is when I fire. Not that it's bothersome necessarily since the moderation is pretty decent, but I was wondering if this is normal?

I am enjoying the heck out of this thing and find I run out of air INSTANTLY. What buddy bottle size would you recommend for casually bringing along in a small backpack? It's a little bit more effort to lug my CS3 compressor around.

So I got myself a Leshiy 2, my first PCP! I promptly put in a short STO insert for it (.22 with short shroud) and notice that there's some air leaking out by the base of the handguard where my hand is when I fire. Not that it's bothersome necessarily since the moderation is pretty decent, but I was wondering if this is normal?

Congrats with your L2! - I wish the Leshiy Classic and L2 was my first PCP's because my former PCP's (all FX) just sits in the vault pining for the fjords...

The venting of air from back of the shroud is per design and normal