EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Backyard Ratting with .177 / 13.43gr JSB KnockOut Slugs.

With the winter weather getting warmer, the backyard rats are returning. 

EDgun Leshiy 2 REPR Hornet .177 cal
Sightmark Wraith Day/Night Scope
JSB KnockOut Slugs .177 (4.52mm) 13.43gr 
Regulator: 120bar ~ 728 FPS / 15.8 FT Lbs 
Blink Outdoor Cameras

https://youtu.be/34v4n5H1RGk

0D8B5052-09BD-4F3A-ADC7-A455E564971E.1645399119.jpeg
52202E32-2EBD-431F-87FF-4A7846201484.1645399120.jpeg
B350D85B-7AD9-4213-9D5B-3CC1E11CD8A4.1645399120.jpeg
FBFC0DA6-DD12-439B-98BB-EDCD904AFBDA.1645399122.jpeg

My order from the Russian Leshiy 2 barrel manufacturer came in today. I ordered a 500mm .22 barrel, and a 350mm .30 barrel.

The .22 barrel arrived, but the 350mm .30 barrel came as a 350mm .25 barrel. 

The quality seems okay. They're without the little circlip. Also, the grooves are not as well-defined as on the Lothar-Walther or Alpha barrels. Will give the .22 a try soon. Probably will sell the .25. 

My order from the Russian Leshiy 2 barrel manufacturer came in today. ....They're without the little circlip. ..... 

congratulations for the new barrels. Mine toke 2.5 months to get here

I installed mine barrel w/o a circlip. If I really wanted to I have one in that groove I can cut a ring from some spring (a random size kit from princessauto).

My order from the Russian Leshiy 2 barrel manufacturer came in today. ....They're without the little circlip. ..... 

congratulations for the new barrels. Mine toke 2.5 months to get here

I installed mine barrel w/o a circlip. If I really wanted to I have one in that groove I can cut a ring from some spring (a random size kit from princessauto).

Mine took almost 2 months. It appears my order was sitting in a Canada Customs office for 3-4 weeks.

I imagine most shipments from Russia will be getting even more scrutiny in the near future. 

I spent some time with my new .30 Leshiy 2 today. Using the 250mm barrel, 250 shroud (w/STO insert), 350cc tank and Romeo1 pro 1x30 miniature reflex (6 MOA), it still fits folded very nicely in a heavy duty laptop travel case. I shot it in my back yard after asking my neighbor to listen to see if she thought it was too loud. She said it was not loud at all and much quieter than when I chopped wood. I guess that is good enough for daytime use?

IMG_2333 net.1645480601.jpg

I had not zeroed in the Romeo yet (bore sight only) but here is my first 8 shot pattern at 20 yards, hand held and standing. Loaded with JSB 44.75gr Hades. This is typical of how I would use the rifle for pest control. Right now, I have it regulated at just under 120 BAR for noise control, but if I have any penetration problems, or need to shoot longer range, I will turn this up a bit.

The top shot and bottom two were me trying to figure out the trigger.

Took me 8 more rounds to dial in the Romeo. Not too bad for standing handheld?

This rifle shoots and handles much better than I was expecting. This is my first air rifle, and the trigger is a little different than anything I have shot before but it is consistent. Truly a fine rifle.

Yeah, I think we are ready to help out the chickens…

How many shots are you able to do with the .30 cal? I have the same 350cc tank, but only a .22 barrel.

Has anyone one use the Russian barrels from eBay are they accurate

I think BigHun has tried at least one of them. I have a pair, they arrived just yesterday. Will try out the 500mm .22 soon. The other one wasn't what I ordered, so I'll probably sell it. 

The most obvious difference between these and the WL or Alpha barrels is the rifling is clearly lightly etched into the barrel. So I imagine these barrels will require more frequent cleaning to maintain their precision, as they will be more easily fouled. But that's just my inference, which could be wrong. 

I think BigHun has tried at least one of them. I have a pair, they arrived just yesterday. Will try out the 500mm .22 soon. The other one wasn't what I ordered, so I'll probably sell it. 

The most obvious difference between these and the WL or Alpha barrels is the rifling is clearly lightly etched into the barrel. So I imagine these barrels will require more frequent cleaning to maintain their precision, as they will be more easily fouled. But that's just my inference, which could be wrong. 

I have a quick question on barrels. If it not marked/etched on the barrel is there a way to determine the manufacturer? I've seen the Edgun barrels with the groove/c-clip profile and then some that are machined with an actual shoulder on the breech end. Is one style better/worse or just different than the others? Thx....

I have a quick question on barrels. If it not marked/etched on the barrel is there a way to determine the manufacturer? I've seen the Edgun barrels with the groove/c-clip profile and then some that are machined with an actual shoulder on the breech end. Is one style better/worse or just different than the others? Thx....

I don't see a way of determining the manufacturer. But I'm not so experienced at identifying barrel origins. Perhaps someone else will have something useful to say. 

The barrels with the shoulder, if they're all properly machined to tight tolerances, they could be a nice improvement over the circlip versions. The circlip has a little flexibility, so you have a little play regarding getting it seated "just right". The one with the shoulder, if it's perfectly machined, should be a little less ambiguous when mounting on the rifle. Also, it would appear to have a smoother surface, so there's less risk of damaging the apparatus that holds and cycles the magazines. Circlips have sharp edges, so you have to be careful when installing the barrels that they don't damage anything. I've heard some comments about some of the shouldered barrels not being a perfect match, though. But if you can acquire one that is properly machined, I would imagine it would be a nice little improvement over the originals. Nothing groundshaking, but a small little improvement. 

I think BigHun has tried at least one of them........

I got two 500 mm barrels, the .22 is mounted right now and the .25 will be up the next. Heavy winter at my place I am not going to freeze my bottom at the range...for testing barrels I would clamp the gun to my one piece rest and that works like a solid gun vise... I will visit next only when the snow melts somewhere in April maybe when at least +10C. Will see how it goes.

..........................................................................................................................................

....If it not marked/etched on the barrel is there a way to determine the manufacturer?....

My interested wasn't a Brand made barrel, but a price tag $60/ea vs $200-300/ea....the Leshiy2 is not a target gun and you must understand that - and we go from there.

These barrels (on ebay) are made by a small business/shop somewhere deep in Russia...the fabrication and finish looks good...these either will work well - or not the time will tell....I have read good reviews for that guy's machining skills before I pulled my wallet - blindfolded.

And looks like I just catch the last train ;) so you guys shall no worry.

.................................................................................................................................................

Thinking of ordering a 450mm .22 Alpha barrel. What seems to be the general consensus on them?

Slug capable?

How much power would i pick up going from a 350mm shooting 18gr at 900fps? 130 bar reg pressure.

I think both the Alpha and LW barrels are unchoked with "just high enough" twist rate for slugs, provided you're shooting over 900 fps. That's more of a guiding principle than anything -- for specific slugs you'll likely want to do some tuning to get optimal results.

I don't know a reason to choose between either the Alpha or LW barrels. They seem more or less equivalent to me. Perhaps there is a quality difference but I have not noticed. On the Spanish site the Alpha barrels have a listed shorter "twist rate", i.e. imparting more spin.

I own both Alpha and LW barrels, and they look essentially identical to me. 

Thinking of ordering a 450mm .22 Alpha barrel. What seems to be the general consensus on them?

Slug capable?

How much power would i pick up going from a 350mm shooting 18gr at 900fps? 130 bar reg pressure.

Not slugs but pellets.............I swap my .22 cal 350mm barrel to 500mm barrel straight w/o changing anything else on L2, and the speed jumped 60ish fps I had to lower the Reg to my speed range.