• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Received my (new style) .177 Alfa barrel today.

Any ideas to get the gun working?

Probably the best thing would be to put the barrel in a lathe and cut down that nub a little. Not the rounded side, but the opposite side. That would be the easiest way to make your fit snug. 

You could probably do a "good-enough" job with an angle grinder, but you'd have to take it really slow. If you can get in contact with whomever sold you the barrel, IMO it would be a better idea to get them to fix the problem. 

Are you certain that's an Alfa Precision barrel? I haven't seen those anywhere. 

Please look at the two attached pictures, first one is the new Alfa second is the LW. Might be hard to see from the pictures, but the LW is flush and the Alfa ain’t.

It's not supposed to be flush, it's designed to stick out a tiny bit - if it were flush the mag would drag against the receiver plate and cause indexing problems

with a flush barrel design, small variation in production would eventually end in a air gap between barrel and mag

when valve opens the puck pushes forward to close and seal the gab between puck, mag and barrel

brilliant design IMHO

both my two leshiy's with walther barrel show the barrel sticking out a tiny bit, about 0.2mm, you should at least be able to slip a strip of 80g copy paper (0.1mm) in between the mag and back plate

your reloading problem, correlation is not causation, could be the sphere (part 14) or the plunger (part 17) incidentally failed when you changed the barrel

When I reinstalled the 350 shroud I noticed its not perfectly concentric with the barrel. It stays close until you just cinch the the two bolts and then it veers off to one side. I tried tapping the aft end with a rawhide hammer to make sure it is seated with no improvement. Maybe not a big deal as the exit hole and baffle holes are quite a bit larger than .30 and it does not appear to be so far off that it would clip but still bothersome. I may do a little custom fitting to get this aligned properly.
Has anyone else had this issue and able to resolve it?

yes I had same problem with the short version - take of the end parts, give them a good clean, look for grit or damages on the contacting surfaces, I used a hydraulic press to press the moderator together again, lines up perfectly now

your reloading problem, correlation is not causation, could be the sphere (part 14) or the plunger (part 17) incidentally failed when you changed the barrel

Definitely a barrel problem. Changed back and forth between the two barrels 5 times. LW works and cycles perfectly, Alfa will not.

According to some reports on the L2 Facebook groups I’m not the only one experiencing this problem with these new barrels. 

Valve adjusting screw, or better to call it trigger stroke length adjusting screw...

I was playing with it today for couple minutes to educate myself, and ended up quiet down the shots and now I cannot decide where to lock it, btw I was just plinking without a radar.

I got used to very much riding the trigger with my BR Impact, I will have to switch my mind to the L2 trigger. I shall maybe set it somewhere and forget about it and just learn from there.

Do you guys have a good ballpark (dimension) either from the bottom of the pocket - or maybe better from tip of the Valve Pin?

adjustment screw.1644349396.JPG

Definitely a barrel problem. Changed back and forth between the two barrels 5 times. LW works and cycles perfectly, Alfa will not.

According to some reports on the L2 Facebook groups I’m not the only one experiencing this problem with these new barrels.

still the original walther barrel should protrude a tiny bit to keep the mag clear of the frame and if your new barrel protrude too much it may lock up the mag/mag plate against the valve housing - can you rotate the mag manually without feeling any friction ? (you may have to de activate the index wheel to feel that)

here's how it should look, you should easily be able to slide a piece of copy paper in on both side of the mag

leshiy 2 berrel tolerance.1644351653.JPG

BTW, here's and easy way to test if you original barrel is flush or not, open the breech, insert the mag and press it against the barrel and frame, if you can make it wobble sideways it's because it rests against the barrel, not the frame

Original LW barrel is indeed not flush. Tried the method described by Towle and the mag will wobble slightly sideways. There is also room for the strips of copy paper.

With the Alfa barrel the mag wobbled more, and there is no room for getting paper in between there. Considerable friction is felt when rotating the mag.

I sent an e-mail to the dealer last night, but yet to receive a reply back from him.

Ended up getting the dremel out and polished the end that rests against the back plate with a felt patch and some polishing compound.

06A08740-E630-4A52-819D-5F1D17C8B278.1644357284.jpeg
FDF9F983-57E9-44A8-BCC2-BD3082F53C7F.1644357287.jpeg

It worked! Rotating the mag feels like the same as with the LW barrel and with clearance enough for a slice of paper. 

5F1925F9-C9F0-4842-AA7D-3A483751F359.1644357517.png

Today the pucks arrived. I borematched one puck to 4.5 mm and installed it. Did not change the other settings. It seems a little more quiet and more air efficient. I can tell that because speed went up a little. Now I’ve to find out what size nozzles I need. I’ve 1.2 mm( correctly measured) in both installed. Maybe I drill one out or I just order a couple. 

image.1644437302.jpg

What a huge difference the 600mm barrel makes from the 250mm. Went to 945fps with just the barrel change from 780’s. I must thank and give praise to EdgunShop for getting me all my gear within 5 days and that’s including the weekend. They had all the parts and man am I happy.

I’ve been shooting FX rifles for a few year’s but wanted to see what all the talk was about with the Leshiy; I get it! Not getting rid of my M3 but will probably let go of some of my other rifles. The semi-auto is a big draw and it breaks down so easy. Very pleased thus far and big shout out to the EdGun.shop for supper fast shipping and replying to my emails when I had questions…

I just put a plenum gauge on my 250 .22 cal L2 and did some shooting with a chronograph. The results are not exactly what I was expecting. First off, the advertised specs are 870 FPS (18 gr JSB), 28 shots per fill, 120-300 BAR working pressure. My gun was set to 110 BAR, and FPS was in the mid 740 range. I increased the regulator to 120 BAR and FPS went up to mid 760s. I haven't tested shot count. Does this seem right? What ~ regulator setting should I expect to achieve ~ 850 FPS? Thanks!!

I just put a plenum gauge on my 250 .22 cal L2 and did some shooting with a chronograph. The results are not exactly what I was expecting. First off, the advertised specs are 870 FPS (18 gr JSB), 28 shots per fill, 120-300 BAR working pressure. My gun was set to 110 BAR, and FPS was in the mid 740 range. I increased the regulator to 120 BAR and FPS went up to mid 760s. I haven't tested shot count. Does this seem right? What ~ regulator setting should I expect to achieve ~ 850 FPS? Thanks!!

Pretty sure with the 350mm .22 LW barrel and new EAR set at 135bar, JSB 18.13gr exit around 925fps ish. Not shot it for a few weeks so can't give you an exact figure but it's well over 900.

I think these numbers sound about right. I do have my L2 setup 0.3/0.5 nozzles for a .22 600mm Alfa barrel, but I also have a 250mm Alfa barrel. So my dwell is a touch high for the 250mm barrel, but also probably maxing out what can be gotten out of a .22 250mm barrel. At 120 bar I get 800 fps with 18.1gr. Not exactly sure what the speed at 160 bar would be with 18.1 gr pellets, but I did shoot the 25.4 mkIIs at 160 bar and it pretty much maxes out at ~35 fpe. For a 10 inch barrel these numbers so about right to me as well when I compare it to the Evol Mini I had which also sports a 10 inch barrel. In order to get the 18s @880 fps I recall reg pressure up around 140ish.

I believe you'll have to go to a 350mm barrel to get the speed you want without a super high reg setting and tanking air consumption. I have a 350mm LW barrel and my notes show I get 810 fps @ 90 bar with a 0.3/0.7 nozzle combo and 18.1s. 

I tried several barrel/moderator combinations. My shooting opportunities are always freestanding and I really don’t see any noticeable accuracy advantage of the 350 barrel over the 250 (at least in my arms). The 250 with original moderator certainly is louder but man what a handy little rifle. Would be a great heavy brush setup. The DonnyFL kit on the 350 barrel is probably the quietest but I really prefer the shape and feel of the rifle with the original moderators (plus you can fold the stock fully) so I did some experimenting. The 250 barrel in the 350 shroud sounds different than the 350 barrel but not really noticeably quieter. I got the idea to use two of the inserts inside the 350 moderator (one from the 350 and one from the 250) with the 250 barrel. This is actually pretty quiet. Maybe not as quiet as the DonnyFL setup but certainly makes the gun shorter and handles a bit better. I’ll grab the DB meter and get some objective numbers next time I’m out.

I’m beginning to think the Ronin attached directly to a 250 barrel may actually be a very quiet option while still having a reasonable handling quality? With just the bare barrel coming out of the receiver the stock should fold fully? I may explore this in the future?

I don't own an L2 so no experience here but there is also the STO insert that fits inside of the stock shroud. It has a .30 caliber option.

https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/air/leshiy-2

There is a thread on another sub forum about Leshiy 2 options.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/suppressor-for-leshiy-2-donnyfl-vs-huma-something-else/?referrer=1