EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Thank you Towle!

Another question, let's see if I got this right.

My .22 350mm leshiy 2 is from 2020. It doesn't seem to have the "dog bone and collar" in the valve. I can't see the collar from behind the puck so I'm assuming it's not there and neither is the dog bone.

Those parts are to help aid efficiency/lessen power in .22 and .177 leshiy?

The dog bone and collar is not in .25 and .30 cal leshiys. So..

If i were to switch over to .25 or .30 all I need to do is get a barrel and mag. The fact that I would be using jets from a .22 leshiy, it seems that should net me a mid power .25 tune?

Thanks AGN

I’ve since yesterday a Leshiy 2 long in .177. I ordered a silencer from Huma that fits inside the Valkyrie handguard. It’s the 30/4 version. Out of the box it did 292 m/s (958 ft/s) with 10.65 gr. Very very loud. I tuned the gun down to 18 joules (13.4 ft/lbs) and shoot 10.65 gr H&N 232 m/s (761 ft/s) I think it’s still loud. Definitely no mouse fart.I’m curious how you going to quite the gun down.

air comes out around the magazine, so for the shooter with his ear right next to that it will be loud.

i did some testing and found that even with the gun doing 80db from 5' away, it will be 95db at the shooter's ear.

you can use a puck with a smaller hole, and this will help. i think some folks are putting something on the magazines to reduce the space where the air can escape.

The noise is indeed coming from the magazine area. I wrapped a towel around it and that was a big improvement. I’ll try a smaller puck. The one that’s in it now is 7mm I’ve to order them. 

That’s means less air so have to crank the reg a bit up? 

by the way this is my beauty 

looks sweet!

egw posted a how-to for a quieter low power setup that might help. he is bore matching the puck size and i think you could adjust from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UDeqJYXXk

I’ve since yesterday a Leshiy 2 long in .177. I ordered a silencer from Huma that fits inside the Valkyrie handguard. It’s the 30/4 version. Out of the box it did 292 m/s (958 ft/s) with 10.65 gr. Very very loud. I tuned the gun down to 18 joules (13.4 ft/lbs) and shoot 10.65 gr H&N 232 m/s (761 ft/s) I think it’s still loud. Definitely no mouse fart.I’m curious how you going to quite the gun down.

air comes out around the magazine, so for the shooter with his ear right next to that it will be loud.

i did some testing and found that even with the gun doing 80db from 5' away, it will be 95db at the shooter's ear.

you can use a puck with a smaller hole, and this will help. i think some folks are putting something on the magazines to reduce the space where the air can escape.

The noise is indeed coming from the magazine area. I wrapped a towel around it and that was a big improvement. I’ll try a smaller puck. The one that’s in it now is 7mm I’ve to order them. 

That’s means less air so have to crank the reg a bit up? 

by the way this is my beauty 

looks sweet!

egw posted a how-to for a quieter low power setup that might help. he is bore matching the puck size and i think you could adjust from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UDeqJYXXk

Thanks, i saw thuis video. Very interesting. Definitely will try this. This morning I did some shooting and it sounded more quite. No idea why.

My .22 350mm leshiy 2 is from 2020. It doesn't seem to have the "dog bone and collar" in the valve. I can't see the collar from behind the puck so I'm assuming it's not there and neither is the dog bone.

If i were to switch over to .25 or .30 all I need to do is get a barrel and mag.

I am interested to learn as well. I have the Leshiy2 350 in .22 as well and planning eventually to convert to .25 with longer barrel.

- Just yesterday received two 500mm barrels and replaced straight the 350 to 500mm without changing anything (jets and Reg) the speed jumped 60ish fps but over my targeting speed, so I had to lower the pressure from 104 to 82 bars to get into 880 ballpark.

- My next will be to swap the calibre from .22 to .25 and wondering as well can this be done straight swappping barrels or shall I remove the "dog bone and collar" in the valve? What is a function of that "dog bone and collar" in the valve?

Forward Plug.1644000529.JPG

If i were to switch over to .25 or .30 all I need to do is get a barrel and mag.

I am interested to learn as well. I have the Leshiy2 350 in .22 as well and planning eventually to convert to .25 with longer barrel.

- Just yesterday received two 500mm barrels and replaced straight the 350 to 500mm without changing anything (jets and Reg) the speed jumped 60ish fps but over my targeting speed, so I had to lower the pressure from 104 to 82 bars to get into 880 ballpark.

- My next will be to swap the calibre from .22 to .25 and wondering as well can this be done straight swappping barrels or shall I remove the "dog bone and collar" in the valve? What is a function of that "dog bone and collar" in the valve?

Forward Plug.1644000529.JPG

You don't have the dog bone etc. Just throw the barrel and mag in and off you go.

Thanks for confirming that for me Glem.

Shot my leshiy over the chrony and wasn't satisfied with the ES. It was shooting with 10-25fps variations. So I read through this whole thread. And decided to turn my valve stop adjustment CCW a couple times. Testing between each adjustment. Check out this shot string with 18gr fx pellets. Ignore the fpe in picture, I didn't set correct weight in the fx chrono.

Screenshot_20220204-140140_FX Radar.1644005806.jpg

Very impressive!

The screw that Brian is explaining how to adjust in this video.

https://youtu.be/2Uxt8zdRWMM

thanks for posting this.

although i have not had this issue, it is important to note that for a powder burning precision rifle, follow through and keeping the trigger press throughout the shot is normal.

normally on a gas gun, i don't let the trigger reset until after i see the shot hit the target. luckily the l2 has very little recoil, so follow though isn't as important.

Received my (new style) .177 Alfa barrel today.

31A3ACDC-8809-4DDB-830F-4638369E3DFF.1644272255.jpeg

Looks great, but the gun won’t cycle with it. Looks to me like it can’t be seated deep enough to not interfere with the magazine. I have checked everything carefully for debris, and pulled the barrel forward when tightening the bolts. Magazine will not index until I open the locking lever. 

Gun cycles perfectly with the old style LW barrel.

Please look at the two attached pictures, first one is the new Alfa second is the LW. Might be hard to see from the pictures, but the LW is flush and the Alfa ain’t.

9E026A6F-DD24-42A3-B5FE-554F7B5E5B1E.1644272423.jpeg
32AEDC88-F85E-4235-A93B-83EBFE524EEC.1644272425.jpeg

Any ideas to get the gun working?

Uh oh. Great idea but now quality control problem. I like the original design without clip. Barrel can be taken out the front of the action and installed from the front so moderator can stay on. I have no problem finding the perfect gap between barrel and magazine but the split ring and now the machined lug is a goober proof design. Hopefully this will be fixed before many get out to customers.

DB90EEAE-81BC-468A-8608-C0CA4851C746.1644279816.jpeg

Got the 350cc bottle today and installed with ease. Also received the Donnyfl 350mm shroud and just used my older Ronin; what a difference in sound! 
I had ordered parts from here in the US but had to cancel my order after finding out that the Shopot 450mm kit I ordered didn’t have the back piece for the suppressor and they won’t be made anymore. I went to edgun.shop and my 600mm kit is already on the way. I will go through them for future purchases as they had the stock and I ordered the 350cc carbon bottle on Thursday and received it today.

Reactions: JT207
I removed the shroud/moderator to do a laser bore sight adjustment. When I reinstalled the 350 shroud I noticed its not perfectly concentric with the barrel. It stays close until you just cinch the the two bolts and then it veers off to one side. Has anyone else had this issue and able to resolve it?

Also, I was hoping to mount a pressure gage on the regulator but everyone seems to be sold out on these? Anyone know a source?

No, I haven't heard of this issue. Are you certain you didn't put it on upside-down? The two bolt holes are slightly different size. Moderator is supposed to go on "fat side up". You can check the alignment also by looking at the hole size in the shroud vs. the bolt holes.

I've heard of people getting the alignment slightly wrong, by not tightening the moderator sufficiently. But that's the only problem I've heard of. 

I think what you want to do is put the bolts on basically "finger tight" first, and jiggle the moderator to get it seating cleanly. Then tighten both bolts just a little, until all the slack is taken out, then take turns tightening each bolt a little more. i.e. it's sort of like putting on a car tire. You don't want to crank down heavily on any bolt, until all the other ones are sufficiently-snug.