EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

kk.1642457906.jpg

how much i should open this stopper pin?

Bolio, I really hope you are mistaken because I can only budget one gun that costs this much.

And I definitely need my expensive gun to function better than and be more consistent..

Watch the barrel installation videos and reseat the barrel. My friend just did that and he's back to great performance. Thought he had ruined the barrel due to all the fliers but it was just an assembly issue. It seems like a simple install but it's actually critical.

Bolio, I really hope you are mistaken because I can only budget one gun that costs this much.

And I definitely need my expensive gun to function better than and be more consistent..

Watch the barrel installation videos and reseat the barrel. My friend just did that and he's back to great performance. Thought he had ruined the barrel due to all the fliers but it was just an assembly issue. It seems like a simple install but it's actually critical.

Thank you Sergey1972, I will look into that. Does it matter that I've never actually had the barrel off the gun? 

If it does have that problem, it came with it from the U.S. dealer.

Yes, it does matter that you’ve never actually had the barrel off the gun, “because… shipping is not a gentle process”.

https://youtu.be/KypQtB7SL2c

https://youtu.be/tZM9p3NyOaU

Don't know what's going on. Sorry about the triple post. All I did was login and it posted again.

I noticed my barrel was a smidge loose when I got the gun out of the box. The Leshiy 2's sold in Canada come from EdGunWest, so they're probably in essentially the same condition as when purchased in the States.

I noticed after firing it two or three times, it stopped cycling correctly. So I loosened the barrel, seated it properly and tightened it up again. Has been working great since. 

I haven't noticed any erratic firing though. But most of my hunting is under 30 yards. I seem to pretty much always hit what I'm aiming for. 

Is Leshiy 2 a good choice for a first/only PCP? I’m a casual shooter mostly firearms but have a couple springers that I also very much enjoy. I have not been that interested in PCPs before but the want for Leshiy 2 is strong.

IMO - PCP's are much more fragile than a normal powder burner, and you would be better off playing with an airforce condor or talon first. that would be a good intro into the PCP world, and if you **** something up, it's much less expensive to fix and much less of a headache.

if you are already used to working with high pressure air systems and/or tinkering with your springers, the leshiy 2 is very easy to work on, and would be a fun first PCP.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t have experience with high pressure systems and haven’t had to fuss with my springers (much). Would Leshiy classic be a better option? Seems simpler and more hand pump friendly?

Personally next on my to get guns are the Lelya 2.0 and a classic Leshiy and it only depends on which I find for a better deal first. 

My 150 length .22 L2 arrived earlier this week and I finally got to some plinking in my backyard today. I’m blown away. Wow this thing is like exactly what I was hoping for. It starts off with uncontrolled smiles which quickly leads to fear that ‘this can’t be legal’, then empty! Over and over. And no fret over ammo cost. Wow. Please don’t pinch me!

I had contact with Huub from HUMA today and asked him if he going to build a shroud (like the old Huub shroud) for the Leshiy 2. Guess what? He is developing one right now at the moment and he is aspecting soon to release. So keep an eye on his website. I don’t know dimensions or what so ever, I’m curious too.

This is interesting, can you follow up with a little more detail or an example?

stoutblock: What kinds of critters are you targeting? If a .22LR was fine before, you'll probably be okay in .22 with the Leshiy. Keep in mind the larger the caliber the more air you are pumping through, so it's also more effort to moderate. The only thing I'd consider changing in your setup would maybe be to shoot smaller projectiles. But that depends on what you are targeting. 

I have both .22 and .30 cal barrels for the Leshiy, although I have not tried the .30 yet! It was too difficult to find pellets or slugs in .30, here in Canada. I only recently got a supply. So hopefully soon I'll have some free time to try out the .30. 

It looks like you are off to a pretty good start. At 75 yards you should be fine for accuracy. 

Well now talk about going all in. Great choice for a new to airguns rifle. My suggestion is to get a scope that will let you focus down to 10 yards and start shooting. The 350cc bottle should give you plenty of shots at a reasonable power ( enough for coyotes and fox) there’s really no NEED to modify anything on these Leshiy’s fill the mag and pump with air . The other stuff you see guys doing is purely for the sake of fiddling: keeep us posted on the rifle. 

I have the stock tanks on my Leshiy. I've never needed to fill up during a hunting session, but if I did I'd bring a SCBA tank with me.

The Leshiy 2 isn't the quietest air rifle. My impression is the better moderators make it sound like a small pneumatic staple gun. So within 10 yards, the report is clear, but it does not sound like a gun. More than 10 yards away and it doesn't sound like much at all.

The .22 is more than adequate for raccoons. We don't have any coyotes around here. So I don't have any first hand experience on that.