• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

When purchasing the L2 for the first time would you recommend the stock moderator or upgrading to the Stack moderators straight away?

Please watch these two videos, for reference of how the Leishy 2 sounds without the stock moderator, with the stock moderator and with an aftermarket moderator.

https://youtu.be/pI9iHVkDga0

https://youtu.be/5FILr-sCXHk

20211015_102419.1640666809.jpg

cheaper and works flawless all the time ;)

Did I misunderstand, or was it only a 3dB difference on the yellow meter, for the stock vs. the DonnyFL "Ronin"? 

That's in the "mildly perceptible" range.

The yellow meter was completely inaccurate! 
Ignore the readings on the yellow meter and observe the readings on the gray meter. 

There is approximately a -15db difference between the stock moderator and aftermarket moderators. 

Did I misunderstand, or was it only a 3dB difference on the yellow meter, for the stock vs. the DonnyFL "Ronin"? 

Ignore the readings on the yellow meter and observe the readings on the gray meter. 

There is approximately a -15db difference between the stock moderator and aftermarket moderators.

How can you tell? His experiment had little control, so there's no way to tell which meter is wrong. Possibly both were wrong.

It looked to me like the yellow reading may have been more consistent, but given the lack of any real controls on the experiment there's no way to have any confidence. This is like trying to predict a trend from two points on a graph.

How can you tell? His experiment had little control, so there's no way to tell which meter is wrong. Possibly both were wrong.

It looked to me like the yellow reading may have been more consistent, but given the lack of any real controls on the experiment there's no way to have any confidence. This is like trying to predict a trend from two points on a graph.

a few of us have tested ourselves.

possibly the meter was too close to the action, which is louder than the gun from behind the scope.

from 5' away, the difference is consistent.

bare muzzle - 109db
stock shroud - 100db
mod50 w/1 section/endcap - 95db
mod50 w/2 sections/endcap - 90db
mod50 w/3 sections/endcap - 86db
mod50 w/4 sections/endcap - 85db

The gray sound meter is consistent with the test I have done, several people’s test results on this forum and several videos on YouTube. 

With that information it is easy to see that the yellow meter is relatively off. 

Quick question… and I am sure its in the thread here somewhere already, I just can’t find it.

What is the lowest reg pressure you can use in the L2 .25 with 350mm barrel? I know it will affect accuracy and range, just trying to have more fun in the backyard with cans and spinners, with more shots per fill, but not needing to destroy my targets and alert the Karens.

I'm not into slugs but for those that are, did you guys notice Ed's reply in the comment string of this video?

Trubadur:
It is useless without a slug dedicated barrel. You need to build a barrel for slugs and your own slug so that you have control over it. You can then sell the guns with dedicated slugs together. Please do not make any more excuses that a given slug may disappear after a while and it is not worth investing in a dedicated barrel. You can produce your own slug.

EDgun:
We are working on own slugs and the barrels for them :)

L2 magazines for slugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKkzElonsiA

I'm not into slugs but for those that are, did you guys notice Ed's reply in the comment string of this video?

Trubadur:
It is useless without a slug dedicated barrel. You need to build a barrel for slugs and your own slug so that you have control over it. You can then sell the guns with dedicated slugs together. Please do not make any more excuses that a given slug may disappear after a while and it is not worth investing in a dedicated barrel. You can produce your own slug.

EDgun:
We are working on own slugs and the barrels for them :)

L2 magazines for slugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKkzElonsiA

Tired waiting around... Have my own designs on order from Alfa precision and master dorns in Russia. Service with both great... I'll report how they shoot.