EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Looking good! An outdoor blink camera is a great idea... Any footage from it? Easy to spot the critters?

I have the pard nv008 lrf. Invaluable for nighttime pesting

I have the Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16x28 Day/Night Vision Digital Riflescope.

Outdoor Blink Camera: 

https://youtu.be/t72PTp-g86M

Backyard Roof Rat compilation video, with Outdoor Blink Camera, Sightmark Digital Riflescope and Ring Floodlight Camera: 

https://youtu.be/zQR84kcA6Xk

E6ED23A2-3823-44B5-9659-14654DBC7C72.1640365499.jpeg

Is Leshiy 2 a good choice for a first/only PCP? I’m a casual shooter mostly firearms but have a couple springers that I also very much enjoy. I have not been that interested in PCPs before but the want for Leshiy 2 is strong.

IMO - PCP's are much more fragile than a normal powder burner, and you would be better off playing with an airforce condor or talon first. that would be a good intro into the PCP world, and if you **** something up, it's much less expensive to fix and much less of a headache.

if you are already used to working with high pressure air systems and/or tinkering with your springers, the leshiy 2 is very easy to work on, and would be a fun first PCP.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t have experience with high pressure systems and haven’t had to fuss with my springers (much). Would Leshiy classic be a better option? Seems simpler and more hand pump friendly?

Thanks for the replies. I don’t have experience with high pressure systems and haven’t had to fuss with my springers (much). Would Leshiy classic be a better option? Seems simpler and more hand pump friendly?

A leshiy is going to still set you back a grand at least. I think the l2 is hand pump friendly if you don’t add a bottle to it!

I would take a gander at these threads, or look into an avenger. The choices here will set you back 3-600, and have more likelihood of developing a leak or something than a leshiy 1. And I know that sounds funny, but having a leak forces you to work on the pcp. I’m very happy I made some of the mistakes and did my learning in the 2-350 range, and not on something like my l2.

I am admittedly not very handy, so maybe some others who have less or a tendency to hulk snap break things can chime in too. 

A leshiy is going to still set you back a grand at least. I think the l2 is hand pump friendly if you don’t add a bottle to it!

I would take a gander at these threads, or look into an avenger. The choices here will set you back 3-600, and have more likelihood of developing a leak or something than a leshiy 1. And I know that sounds funny, but having a leak forces you to work on the pcp. I’m very happy I made some of the mistakes and did my learning in the 2-350 range, and not on something like my l2.

I am admittedly not very handy, so maybe some others who have less or a tendency to hulk snap break things can chime in too.

Thanks again. I’ll read through those threads. I think my big decision will to PCP or not to PCP. If I do it’ll be a L2 or maybe L1 if it is more reliable. Air source is feeling like a pretty big barrier to entry. Pump for days and introduce moisture or get an expensive compressor that will break before too long.

edit: I’m hoping for someone to tell me that pumping will just take a few mins or that one of those 12v pumps will last a while if I’m just doing a few fills per week. 😊

Thanks again. I’ll read through those threads. I think my big decision will to PCP or not to PCP. If I do it’ll be a L2 or maybe L1 if it is more reliable. Air source is feeling like a pretty big barrier to entry. Pump for days and introduce moisture or get an expensive compressor that will break before too long.

edit: I’m hoping for someone to tell me that pumping will just take a few mins or that one of those 12v pumps will last a while if I’m just doing a few fills per week. 😊

I have been using for 3 years, very often the Chinese compressor in this video https://youtu.be/eBOrsPZUk3k. An excellent compressor, I am pumping a cylinder of 0.5 liters, L2, L1. The main thing is not to overheat it more than +50 degrees Celsius.

I own two classic and two L2's - you cant go wrong with any of them, both very well designed and solid build

The L2 is an air hog, not because its less efficient than the Classic but you will shoot more

My first Edgun was the Leshiy Classic and is still my favorite, there is nothing like it, small and beautiful with a punch way over its size and weight and any springer I know of

Don't worry too much about moisture from hand pumping on a simple system like the classic, only thing I can think of that could be effected by moisture would be the spring disc in the regulator and its very easy to dismantle, clean and lube

2 minutes to pump?, well yes to about 220 bar with a FX pump, not the 300 bar max but you can easily carry a pump in a backpack or bring a small bottle with you

...and if you keep it under 250 bar the o-rings will hold for a very long time - I used to store my Classic at 300 bar and had to change the o-rings after a year, the rings will begin to flow under higher pressure and eventually fail

edit: I’m hoping for someone to tell me that pumping will just take a few mins or that one of those 12v pumps will last a while if I’m just doing a few fills per week.
1f60a.svg

I have the GX CS3 PCP Air Compressor that I bought from Amazon. Its actually quite good, and the kicker is that for about 50 bucks more you can buy a 4 year warranty from Asurion right on Amazon. I have dealt with Asurion many times before with amazon warranty’s and they are always great to deal with and prompt. They typically just replace whatever it is and move on. It pumps my L2 (Stock) in about 5 minutes or less to 250 bar, and can run off your car battery or a wall plug. A lot of people use this to fill small buddy bottles as well, although it is not recommended by the manufacturer…

edit: I’m hoping for someone to tell me that pumping will just take a few mins or that one of those 12v pumps will last a while if I’m just doing a few fills per week.
1f60a.svg

I own two classic and two L2's - you cant go wrong with any of them, both very well designed and solid build

The L2 is an air hog, not because its less efficient than the Classic but you will shoot more

My first Edgun was the Leshiy Classic and is still my favorite, there is nothing like it, small and beautiful with a punch way over its size and weight and any springer I know of

Don't worry too much about moisture from hand pumping on a simple system like the classic, only thing I can think of that could be effected by moisture would be the spring disc in the regulator and its very easy to dismantle, clean and lube

2 minutes to pump?, well yes to about 220 bar with a FX pump, not the 300 bar max but you can easily carry a pump in a backpack or bring a small bottle with you

...and if you keep it under 250 bar the o-rings will hold for a very long time - I used to store my Classic at 300 bar and had to change the o-rings after a year, the rings will begin to flow under higher pressure and eventually fail

Awesome! I can now clearly see an L1 in my near future. 😎

When purchasing the L2 for the first time would you recommend the stock moderator or upgrading to the Stack moderators straight away?

Depends on how much extra cash you have lying around. The gun is VERY loud with no moderator. It is OK with the stock moderator. It is great with a Huma Mod 40, or a DonnyFL Sumo or Shogun.

You will need an adapter to be able to screw on a 1/2 - 20 threaded moderator, so I suggest getting one when you purchase your L2, even if you don’t get an aftermarket mod at the same time.

Chris

You can always start out with the stock mod and get a 3d insert for it. I have the Tinisha 150 mm in 30 cal and the stock .22 with the 3d insert is quieter than that or the stock mod as it comes. They're like $35 or so.

There's inserts available on Thingiverse.com, fwiw. If people don't have 3d printers you can upload the model to a site like Shapeways, and have them print it for you.