• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Chris - I am still rocking my original SN#0232 Leshiy 2. The valve semi function has had a few replacement parts to keep it going - but only 1 time so far - and it's still going strong. No idea how much ammo through this airgun but gotta be approaching 10K.

I managed to grab a REPR from the classifieds. Funny thing is I managed to do with it exactly what the first poster with a REPR was complaining about - stripped the oring at the end of the piston by loosening it too much and then screwing it down under pressure. Found a standard metric oring to replace it (probably not the same size) and it's been running like a champ.

You're a lucky guy. I’m still waiting on my REPR. I’m pretty happy with the outcome of my 600mm FX barrel, but would love to have an effective way to adjust the reg without having to de-gas every time and use trial and error.

Leshiy 2 update........... Star Date: 2021.10.30..........

Yesterday I received delivery of a .22 600mm Alfa Precision polygonal unchoked barrel. 

L2-600mm22 - 1.1635631271.jpeg

I am a drooling fool with the power and accuracy this barrel is producing. All I did when I got it is wipe off the external oil and do 3 pull throughs on the barrel with a barrel snake. 

Messed around a bit finding the right nozzle combo for the barrel volume and then did some testing. 

Reg @ 55 bar = JSB 18gr @ 800 fps

Reg @ 70 bar = JSB 18gr @ 885 fps

Reg @ 120 bar = JSB 18gr @ 1070 fps

Reg @ 160 bar = JSB 33.95gr @ 940 fps

Reg @ 160 bar = NSA 31.2gr @ 920 fps

As you can see this barrel is easily hitting 65 fpe with heavy .22 ammo at very respectable speeds. 

Accuracy - shooting the JSB 18s is a one hole group at 45 yards - this barrel is no joke. I will post pics soon.

Also going to put a CF sleeve on the barrel for looks.

Very good. What the Twist Rate the Alpha Precision?

Just a note:

The Edgun Reg (like any other "better quality" reg's) need a recovery time, couple seconds maybe 3-4-5 in between shots.

If you start shooting @ 130 bars on a Reg, per say,

and one shot every second,

at the end of a mag the reg will end up in mid 90's and start recovering from that level.

I did not take a stopwatch to monitor this = I have no interest to proof anything, just saying.

Just a note:

The Edgun Reg (like any other "better quality" reg's) need a recovery time, couple seconds maybe 3-4-5 in between shots.

If you start shooting @ 130 bars on a Reg, per say,

and one shot every second,

at the end of a mag the reg will end up in mid 90's and start recovering from that level.

I did not take a stopwatch to monitor this = I have no interest to proof anything, just saying.

I sorta agree with you. But did you look at your reg at the end of firing to confirm the 90 bar? If you have no interest in proving your statement then why make it?

Yes there is a refresh time on the regulator, but I'll tell you that the original stock ones has one of the fastest refresh rates I've seen on a a regulator. No way you'd be down to 90 bar even after 8 fast shots. I've mag dumped in under 5 seconds with a chrono and the last shot is no more than 30-50 fps slower than the first. 

The newer REPR reg does have a slower refresh time - you can hear it after each shot. But it's definitely no more than 1 second. So if I fired one shot every second I would expect them to all hit where I am aiming. 

... But did you look at your reg at the end of firing to confirm the 90 bar? If you have no interest in proving your statement then why make it?

...No way you'd be down to 90 bar even after 8 fast shots. I've mag dumped in under 5 seconds with a chrono and the last shot is no more than 30-50 fps slower than the first....

YES I look at the REG pressure with a Huma digital gauge connected on a degass port and it was down to mid 90's after a mag load of rapid shots.

The fps that was not in my focus at the moment because it is is way too high anyways (980 @ 134) my target is sub 880 and looking at it that way.

My interest was to figure out what is happening with a air volume in the plenum since no guru is talking about that specifically.

@Jcote258 and @DroppinDrakes34... Yes, Brian has proven to be the primary downside to getting a L2 for many of us. I encourage you (and everyone else) to reach out to Ed at Edguns and let him know that his ONLY rep. in the U.S. is hurting his business. We really need an alternative re/source here. Its a great gun, its a shame the local rep is ruining it for so many. Btw, Ed himself is quick to reply and very helpful. He understands customer service.

I looked at the REPR reg design. It's built for consistnecy. Not recharge speed. Small plenum insures full reg cycles not partial opens and creep. More consistent pressure regulation. Clever over pressure bleed (the oring that people seem to cut on the piston). When people blow that oring I thinks its because the ball is not seating. Whoever replaced the piston oring with a smaller one, I dont think that is what fixed his problem, the ball probably finally seated. Had a repr with the same problem went through 4 orings finally decided to seat the ball properly like we do in Aerospace hydraulics, stopped blowing orings.

I looked at the REPR reg design. It's built for consistnecy. Not recharge speed. Small plenum insures full reg cycles not partial opens and creep. More consistent pressure regulation. Clever over pressure bleed (the oring that people seem to cut on the piston). When people blow that oring I thinks its because the ball is not seating. Whoever replaced the piston oring with a smaller one, I dont think that is what fixed his problem, the ball probably finally seated. Had a repr with the same problem went through 4 orings finally decided to seat the ball properly like we do in Aerospace hydraulics, stopped blowing orings.

Hi, please elaborate on this! What specifically did you do to seat the ball?

I've blown like 10 orings now and decided to remove the cup to check the spring and ball to see if anything was wrong. They seemed fine, but unfortunately I broke the spring when I tried to reassemble it, so I had to order a spare which I'm waiting for now.

Been waiting for like 6 weeks for a reply from EdGun Spain. So if you could please write some kind of how-to that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much! 

REPR repair:

Check the delrin piece that has ball in it for burrs or chips (both alluminum and plastic) Use magnifying glass. Found some fine plastic hairs in mine, this is typical for delrin machining, cross holes dont want to give up their burrs.

ball seating procedure:

Measure the ball in the reg. I think it's 2mm. It ceramic so you dont want to use it as a seating tool.

Find a precision steel ball bearing ball same size. Maybe order from Mcmaster they sell precision balls. Same size or a little bigger will work.

Set the delrin flat on clean table. Drop seating ball in. Use thin pin as driver. Tap the ball down with 2 or 3 light hammer blows. To give idea of force I used 3/8 brass rod 3 inches long as a hammer dropping it 2 inches. Again very light blows. This will compress any machining marks and provide smooth surface for the regulator ball to seat.

Reassemble. Test.

Reactions: Black_plague
@Jcote258 and @DroppinDrakes34... Yes, Brian has proven to be the primary downside to getting a L2 for many of us. I encourage you (and everyone else) to reach out to Ed at Edguns and let him know that his ONLY rep. in the U.S. is hurting his business. We really need an alternative re/source here. Its a great gun, its a shame the local rep is ruining it for so many. Btw, Ed himself is quick to reply and very helpful. He understands customer service.

you think usa distributor is bad. not as bad as uk distributor. i've been following this thread with interest 

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/edgun-leshiy-ordering-direct.346571/page-36

in summary - looks like uk distributor has contacted uk border force to say importing edguns are breaching uk sanctions against russia - yes this is the uk authorised importer of edguns. his motive = he was annoyed with francisco in spain as private customers in uk were importing from spain directly. now, importing edguns into uk is illegal. can't make this stuff up.

you think usa distributor is bad. not as bad as uk distributor. i've been following this thread with interest 

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/edgun-leshiy-ordering-direct.346571/page-36

in summary - looks like uk distributor has contacted uk border force to say importing edguns are breaching uk sanctions against russia - yes this is the uk authorised importer of edguns. his motive = he was annoyed with francisco in spain as private customers in uk were importing from spain directly. now, importing edguns into uk is illegal. can't make this stuff up.

This is just nuts. So the UK distributer just shot himself in the foot too?

I know the US has put in sanctions against Russian guns and ammo - I wonder how long it will take before this impacts Russian airguns here. It would be a shame.

This is just nuts. So the UK distributer just shot himself in the foot too?

I know the US has put in sanctions against Russian guns and ammo - I wonder how long it will take before this impacts Russian airguns here. It would be a shame.

Nuts indeed! I certainly know that i would never purchase anything from such a dealer/distributor again.

With respect to the US, as far as I know, airguns are not on the sanctions list, since they are not defined here as weapons, firearms, or ammunition.

Finally I got to Leshiy2 tuning and trying to make it to my liking, my sub-post below:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/post-your-leshiy-2-tunes/?referrer=1

What I am confused, the air blows in these two locations circled roughly but noticing some ports where pointing arrows.

I am not educated enough (yet) is this phenomena normal or I shall have a closer look? Currently I have about 72 shots on a fill with these ports wasting air.

blowing air 02.1636042300.JPG

blowing air.1636042310.JPG

This is waisr air from imag. Indexer and also waist air from Valve>mag> barrel

Ps 350cc tank, 2x 0.8 jets 104bar should give 897 fps 16grain jsb/aa field target and 100× shots before the speed drops

Thanks for the education. Anything could be done to these exhaust ports to use air more modestly?

With the number of shots I am on track then, 300cc vs 350cc, my numbers are about there.

REPR repair:

Check the delrin piece that has ball in it for burrs or chips (both alluminum and plastic) Use magnifying glass. Found some fine plastic hairs in mine, this is typical for delrin machining, cross holes dont want to give up their burrs.

ball seating procedure:

Measure the ball in the reg. I think it's 2mm. It ceramic so you dont want to use it as a seating tool.

Find a precision steel ball bearing ball same size. Maybe order from Mcmaster they sell precision balls. Same size or a little bigger will work.

Set the delrin flat on clean table. Drop seating ball in. Use thin pin as driver. Tap the ball down with 2 or 3 light hammer blows. To give idea of force I used 3/8 brass rod 3 inches long as a hammer dropping it 2 inches. Again very light blows. This will compress any machining marks and provide smooth surface for the regulator ball to seat.

Reassemble. Test.

Big thanks! I'll be sure to try that out if I can't get it to work when I get my spare parts.