EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

image.1634312811.jpg
Works well? Better choice? 28 GR, 30GR Or 32GR In; 250 mm Alpha P. barrel, 130 regulator...many thanks...for your answers.

I would suggest you get a sample pack to fry different weights and sizes. No two guns shoot the same. Once you get something that is accurate , load up and leave the rifle as is. 

I just received my REPR reg tool in the mail from Jack.K today. Thanks Jack. Now if I could only have the new reg delivered, I could try this thing out lol.

20211016_184529.1634393107.jpg

That reg tool is definitely the way to go. I was using snapring pliers and it is much easier and more precise using this. I wish mine was in red, I ordered one of his first ones(black). If you have the repr get one, for the price it is definitely worth it. 

Pretty cool with those FX liners. Would be nice to try a heavy slug liner sometime.

I don't own any FX guns, so the liners are new territory. Do you have to right size the CF sleeve to fit properly and lock down, or does the liner and sleeve all come together when you buy a liner kit?

Also - Are these liners 1/2UNF threaded for moderators?

Thanks

Just thought I'd share my attempt at doing this (Fx Barrels) in .30 Cal which has been quite the project which I stopped and need to finish at some point. Goal is using the .30Cal Heavy Slug Liner 700mm FX barrel. I wanted to make a very lightweight, accurate gun in .30 Cal that would put out 100+ FPS (basically its a semi-auto 22LR). I'll go into other mods later but first I'll talk about barrels.

The 600mm Barrell I purchased from Edgun West is great for certain projectiles and not for others. In fact I just tested it in the setup pictured with NSA 47.2 Slugs vs FX Hybrid Slugs (30 Cal) contest at 75 Yards. Set to high power, just one 0.2 Nozzle and a half turn up from .25 Cal factory setting to Regulator shoots ~1000 FPS for both slugs. Accuracy wise though, its not even close. The 47.2 NSA at 75 yards shoot within a 1 inch group. The FX Hybrids were about a 4" group. Also have tried both JSB .30 Cal pellets and neither of them shoot very well.

IMG_20211018_202715.1634603950.jpg
IMG_20211018_202745.1634603952.jpg
IMG_20211018_202821.1634603953.jpg

About the mods: Additional mods I have are carbon fiber 0.45kg Tank on bottom, extended tank (about an 1") on top and the large regulator tank (extends almost another inch). I found it necessary to have the 2 longer tubes on the top because with this size tank on the bottom (.45kg), you need it to be longer on backside or the tank gets in the way of the back of my hand when holding. Yet I need the extra large reservoirs to shoot high power and get a reasonable amount of shots. I can do about 3 clips at this high power setting! From memory, at factory settings (much lower power) I was getting about 10-12 clips before I need to refill with this larger air reservoir system. For comparison I was getting about 4 clips before refill with factory reservoirs. I use a carbon fiber AR style handguard and a carbon fiber silencer. Also the adapter (eaglevision 1/2 UCF) for the silencer I had to buy as the first one made all the pellets/slugs very inaccurate and thanks to your info CTS the one you recommended fixed that issue.

I'm pretty happy with the setup like this. I am getting 110 to 115FPE, can shoot 3 magazine before I need to refill and shooting just around 1MOA with 47.2 NSA Slugs. Gun is very quiet with this long barrel and silencer and its still pretty lightweight. What does suck is how slugs don't sit in the magazines which hopefully someone figures out a cure for. Also I bought 3 .30 Cal magazines and edgun west sent me 1. Still haven't seen the other 2 or been refunded to my knowledge (I need to bug him some more its been awhile)

Now regarding the FX Barrel Mod:

So if you compare the 600mm Edgun barrel to a 700mm FX Barrell its apple to oranges. You can tell the Edgun barrel is WAY higher quality and more than double the weight and much thicker. Its made to last. But, I'm after a lightweight setup so a barrel that weighs less than half is desired. Since its way thinner you have to bridge this gap to work properly in the gun. Adding a carbon fiber sleeve (from Ernest Rowe) can accomplish this but this was a nightmare for me to get to work (still not quite there!)

Why? 1) The blue locktite I had to use required alot more than expected as when I would shoot it, the high pressure would break the connection from the sleeve to the barrel.

2) The carbon fiber sleeve is just a little too thick when added to fit in the slot. I spent a lot of energy with handheld metal grinder edge to sand it a little thinner to fit. Luckily only had to do one side of it as other extends out of the gun or so I thought! Took awhile but I finally got it to slide in. Was so excited! Covered that thing in a TON of locktite and slid it on the barrel. Let it dry overnight. Next day I was ready to slide it into edgun and the idiot alert bell began ringing. I put the barrel in backwards on the sleeve and used ALOT of locktite.... Now I would need to spend a lot more time of very intense hand grinding to get it on and grind the other side. I was so annoyed and sick of it I put it away and forgot about this project for months!

Now my main concern at this high power will be the thin barrel will probably oscillate and there's nothing to really hold it in place aside from the small amount of it on the backend of the gun itself. Probably some smart way to do this at the end of the carbon fiber handguard but haven't come up with a nifty way to do this yet (thinking of some rubber triangle system but haven't put too much thought into how to do this).

With the carbon fiber tank, lightweight barrel + carbon fiber sleeve and handguard as well as carbon fiber silencer the gun weighs less than the 350mm .25Cal factory setup which is pretty amazing! I'll finish this project one day have the .30 Cal Heavy Slug Liner Barrel in the sleeve maybe I'll find some motivation soon. Really want to see how it shoots!

One final put for those not familiar with FX barrels. You will need to buy the barrell and the piece that goes on the end of it which allows you to attach a silencer. Forget what they call it and I could only find that part overseas as they try to make you buy "barrel Kits" which are a rip off when you dont need this. In addition to barrel and adaptor threat piece on the end you will need a carbon fiber sleeve to make it thicker and more comparable to the barrels that are designed to fit the gun. Unfortunately the carbon fiber sleeves I found from earnest rowe make it a hair too thick so you have to "sand it down" to size. In theory this is all you should need. Would also recommend another stabilizer somewhere on a handguard extension or something to try to hold the barrel in place better to reduce isolation. This can be counter intuitive to the concept of free floating barrels in normal guns but you arent dealing with extremely thin barrel walls like you are in the fx barrels.

Pretty cool with those FX liners. Would be nice to try a heavy slug liner sometime.

I don't own any FX guns, so the liners are new territory. Do you have to right size the CF sleeve to fit properly and lock down, or does the liner and sleeve all come together when you buy a liner kit?

Also - Are these liners 1/2UNF threaded for moderators?

Thanks

Just thought I'd share my attempt at doing this (Fx Barrels) in .30 Cal which has been quite the project which I stopped and need to finish at some point. Goal is using the .30Cal Heavy Slug Liner 700mm FX barrel. I wanted to make a very lightweight, accurate gun in .30 Cal that would put out 100+ FPS (basically its a semi-auto 22LR). I'll go into other mods later but first I'll talk about barrels.

The 600mm Barrell I purchased from Edgun West is great for certain projectiles and not for others. In fact I just tested it in the setup pictured with NSA 47.2 Slugs vs FX Hybrid Slugs (30 Cal) contest at 75 Yards. Set to high power, just one 0.2 Nozzle and a half turn up from .25 Cal factory setting to Regulator shoots ~1000 FPS for both slugs. Accuracy wise though, its not even close. The 47.2 NSA at 75 yards shoot within a 1 inch group. The FX Hybrids were about a 4" group. Also have tried both JSB .30 Cal pellets and neither of them shoot very well.

IMG_20211018_202715.1634603950.jpg
IMG_20211018_202745.1634603952.jpg
IMG_20211018_202821.1634603953.jpg

About the mods: Additional mods I have are carbon fiber 0.45kg Tank on bottom, extended tank (about an 1") on top and the large regulator tank (extends almost another inch). I found it necessary to have the 2 longer tubes on the top because with this size tank on the bottom (.45kg), you need it to be longer on backside or the tank gets in the way of the back of my hand when holding. Yet I need the extra large reservoirs to shoot high power and get a reasonable amount of shots. I can do about 3 clips at this high power setting! From memory, at factory settings (much lower power) I was getting about 10-12 clips before I need to refill with this larger air reservoir system. For comparison I was getting about 4 clips before refill with factory reservoirs. I use a carbon fiber AR style handguard and a carbon fiber silencer. Also the adapter (eaglevision 1/2 UCF) for the silencer I had to buy as the first one made all the pellets/slugs very inaccurate and thanks to your info CTS the one you recommended fixed that issue.

I'm pretty happy with the setup like this. I am getting 110 to 115FPE, can shoot 3 magazine before I need to refill and shooting just around 1MOA with 47.2 NSA Slugs. Gun is very quiet with this long barrel and silencer and its still pretty lightweight. What does suck is how slugs don't sit in the magazines which hopefully someone figures out a cure for. Also I bought 3 .30 Cal magazines and edgun west sent me 1. Still haven't seen the other 2 or been refunded to my knowledge (I need to bug him some more its been awhile)

Now regarding the FX Barrel Mod:

So if you compare the 600mm Edgun barrel to a 700mm FX Barrell its apple to oranges. You can tell the Edgun barrel is WAY higher quality and more than double the weight and much thicker. Its made to last. But, I'm after a lightweight setup so a barrel that weighs less than half is desired. Since its way thinner you have to bridge this gap to work properly in the gun. Adding a carbon fiber sleeve (from Ernest Rowe) can accomplish this but this was a nightmare for me to get to work (still not quite there!)

Why? 1) The blue locktite I had to use required alot more than expected as when I would shoot it, the high pressure would break the connection from the sleeve to the barrel.

2) The carbon fiber sleeve is just a little too thick when added to fit in the slot. I spent a lot of energy with handheld metal grinder edge to sand it a little thinner to fit. Luckily only had to do one side of it as other extends out of the gun or so I thought! Took awhile but I finally got it to slide in. Was so excited! Covered that thing in a TON of locktite and slid it on the barrel. Let it dry overnight. Next day I was ready to slide it into edgun and the idiot alert bell began ringing. I put the barrel in backwards on the sleeve and used ALOT of locktite.... Now I would need to spend a lot more time of very intense hand grinding to get it on and grind the other side. I was so annoyed and sick of it I put it away and forgot about this project for months!

Now my main concern at this high power will be the thin barrel will probably oscillate and there's nothing to really hold it in place aside from the small amount of it on the backend of the gun itself. Probably some smart way to do this at the end of the carbon fiber handguard but haven't come up with a nifty way to do this yet (thinking of some rubber triangle system but haven't put too much thought into how to do this).

With the carbon fiber tank, lightweight barrel + carbon fiber sleeve and handguard as well as carbon fiber silencer the gun weighs less than the 350mm .25Cal factory setup which is pretty amazing! I'll finish this project one day have the .30 Cal Heavy Slug Liner Barrel in the sleeve maybe I'll find some motivation soon. Really want to see how it shoots!

One final put for those not familiar with FX barrels. You will need to buy the barrell and the piece that goes on the end of it which allows you to attach a silencer. Forget what they call it and I could only find that part overseas as they try to make you buy "barrel Kits" which are a rip off when you dont need this. In addition to barrel and adaptor threat piece on the end you will need a carbon fiber sleeve to make it thicker and more comparable to the barrels that are designed to fit the gun. Unfortunately the carbon fiber sleeves I found from earnest rowe make it a hair too thick so you have to "sand it down" to size. In theory this is all you should need. Would also recommend another stabilizer somewhere on a handguard extension or something to try to hold the barrel in place better to reduce isolation. This can be counter intuitive to the concept of free floating barrels in normal guns but you arent dealing with extremely thin barrel walls like you are in the fx barrels.

Order some 14x20mm CF sleeve to put over the FX parts. It's very rigid.

20210926_103143.1634610925.jpg

Gotcha 14x20 CF would slip over the base carbon fiber sleeve? Do you know a good place to find these? Also what adapter did you use for the edgun does someone sell one of these vs going through carbon fiber hell I went through?

For CTS or those interested here's what you would need to do it the way I did. Adding links but can find other places too possible for better price for all I know:

Total Price ~under $200

1) Actual FX Barrel $110 https://utahairguns.com/fx-stx-superior-liner/

2) Carbon fiber barrel $30 https://utahairguns.com/fx-carbon-fiber-liner-sleeve/

3) STX Liner Blocker $20+shipping (allows suppressor to connect to barrel). https://www.europeairguns.com/en/accesorios-2/cargadores/stxlinerblocker  I found a few euro stores that had these couldnt find any of these type of parts in US stores. Had to keep checking to get for all the different size barrels I have.

4) blue locktite $10 (its not permanent like the red) https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-LOCTITE-Strength-Tolerant-Threadlocker/dp/B01FU86S7U/

Process:

below here is picture of 2 liner setups. The closer to end of counter is for FX gun with the probe attached and the one further back on countertop is for the edgun and does not have the pellet probe attachment.

IMG_20211018_214424.1634613451.jpg
IMG_20211018_214435.1634613453.jpg

1) Adhere the stx block adapter to barrel with blue locktite (wait 24 hrs). This just slides on end of barrel til it stops and then its in place. Now just gotta adhere it to the barrel with the locktite. You can see the to block adapters on both these barrells below.

IMG_20211018_214429.1634613452.jpg

2) Adhere carbon fiber liner to barrel with ALOT of blue locktite and make sure to line up end of carbon fiber with other end of the barrel to create a tight seal where the air is delivered as shown in picture below.

IMG_20211018_214445.1634613454.jpg
o

3) For me the carbon fiber sleeve was just a hair to thick to fit into the edgun in .30 Cal. In this case you may use a metal file and you only have to use it on the end that will go into the gun so only thin about 8 inches or so of this end to save time. Shave around the edges rotating it so as to not overthin one side vs another. Mine didnt have to get much thinner (still took alot of time and effort though)

4) At this point it should fit in edgun and just need to make sure you line it up to same edge as the edgun barrels go so make sure to take note of where the edge of the barrel sits. Tighten it in place and fire at that pesky neighborhood cat!

Gotcha 14x20 CF would slip over the base carbon fiber sleeve? Do you know a good place to find these? Also what adapter did you use for the edgun does someone sell one of these vs going through carbon fiber hell I went through?

For CTS or those interested here's what you would need to do it the way I did. Adding links but can find other places too possible for better price for all I know:

Total Price ~under $200

1) Actual FX Barrel $110 https://utahairguns.com/fx-stx-superior-liner/

2) Carbon fiber barrel $30 https://utahairguns.com/fx-carbon-fiber-liner-sleeve/

3) STX Liner Blocker $20+shipping (allows suppressor to connect to barrel). https://www.europeairguns.com/en/accesorios-2/cargadores/stxlinerblocker  I found a few euro stores that had these couldnt find any of these type of parts in US stores. Had to keep checking to get for all the different size barrels I have.

4) blue locktite $10 (its not permanent like the red) https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-LOCTITE-Strength-Tolerant-Threadlocker/dp/B01FU86S7U/

Process:

below here is picture of 2 liner setups. The closer to end of counter is for FX gun with the probe attached and the one further back on countertop is for the edgun and does not have the pellet probe attachment.

IMG_20211018_214424.1634613451.jpg
IMG_20211018_214435.1634613453.jpg

1) Adhere the stx block adapter to barrel with blue locktite (wait 24 hrs). This just slides on end of barrel til it stops and then its in place. Now just gotta adhere it to the barrel with the locktite. You can see the to block adapters on both these barrells below.

IMG_20211018_214429.1634613452.jpg

2) Adhere carbon fiber liner to barrel with ALOT of blue locktite and make sure to line up end of carbon fiber with other end of the barrel to create a tight seal where the air is delivered as shown in picture below.

IMG_20211018_214445.1634613454.jpg
o

3) For me the carbon fiber sleeve was just a hair to thick to fit into the edgun in .30 Cal. In this case you may use a metal file and you only have to use it on the end that will go into the gun so only thin about 8 inches or so of this end to save time. Shave around the edges rotating it so as to not overthin one side vs another. Mine didnt have to get much thinner (still took alot of time and effort though)

4) At this point it should fit in edgun and just need to make sure you line it up to same edge as the edgun barrels go so make sure to take note of where the edge of the barrel sits. Tighten it in place and fire at that pesky neighborhood cat!

I just used essentially all FX parts and had an adapter made up to mimick the edgun circlip type thing. The 14x20 fits over the FX barrel house. Easier for me as I had all the parts/barrels already.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/cross-platform-leshiy-2/?referrer=1

One point I would make with respect to the FX barrels. In the pictures above you show the brass piece still attached to the end of the barrel. I found (as have other, especially the Sub-12 Airguns guys n England) that with this attached the FX barrel’s accuracy in the L2 is degraded. In the FX guns the pellet probe pushes the pellets (or slugs) deep into this brass part, obviously beyond the transfer port. There is no equivalent in the L2 as it does not use a pellet probe. Thus in the L2, with an FX barrel still having the brass portion attached, you have the pellet shooting from the magazine, through the un-rifled brass connection, over the open hole/TP at the bottom, before finally getting to the actual FX barrel. This is not conducive to accuracy.. If you remove the brass TP portion from the stainless steel portion of the FX barrel, then attach the adapter which mimics the Edgun circling thing, you will be good to go. I am getting stellar accuracy from mine.

Chris

One point I would make with respect to the FX barrels. In the pictures above you show the brass piece still attached to the end of the barrel. I found (as have other, especially the Sub-12 Airguns guys n England) that with this attached the FX barrel’s accuracy in the L2 is degraded. In the FX guns the pellet probe pushes the pellets (or slugs) deep into this brass part, obviously beyond the transfer port. There is no equivalent in the L2 as it does not use a pellet probe. Thus in the L2, with an FX barrel still having the brass portion attached, you have the pellet shooting from the magazine, through the un-rifled brass connection, over the open hole/TP at the bottom, before finally getting to the actual FX barrel. This is not conducive to accuracy.. If you remove the brass TP portion from the stainless steel portion of the FX barrel, then attach the adapter which mimics the Edgun circling thing, you will be good to go. I am getting stellar accuracy from mine.

Chris

Chris,

Correct was trying to showing the FX barrel as example next to the actual barrel I'm using (without probe). My plan was to try it by lining up the carbon fiber liner with edge of the FX barrell as it appears to be a little wider and I think could work without even the Middle piece for STX liner barrel Exchangeable and an adapter. Not sure if anyone has tried this yet I wish that other thread existed in early spring when I started trying to do this! Also is anyone selling that adaptor should this fail and I need to put the STX liner barrel exhange piece back on (with an adaptor)

Chris

Chris,

Correct was trying to showing the FX barrel as example next to the actual barrel I'm using (without probe). My plan was to try it by lining up the carbon fiber liner with edge of the FX barrell as it appears to be a little wider and I think could work without even the Middle piece for STX liner barrel Exchangeable and an adapter. Not sure if anyone has tried this yet I wish that other thread existed in early spring when I started trying to do this! Also is anyone selling that adaptor should this fail and I need to put the STX liner barrel exhange piece back on (with an adaptor)

PM Jeffman here his name is Geoff he'll hook you up. Sorry it took so long these L2s just recently came to Canada haha.

I don't see anywhere the Reg tester-adapters and no projected date when these will be available again.

Back in time I saw some picture the guy turned a BSP adapter (from brass) that threads into the drain plug hole.

I would need one of that, if somebody can connect me?

Edit:

Never mind, my guy with a machine shop is back from EU, he will make it for me, going tomorrow for pickup.

I haven't had any more cycling issues in over 2500 rounds. Now I'm just hoping that the plastic piston wont break, like some others have posted. But I hope that if, and when it does, they are readily available as spare parts, as I believe this is a potential failure point in the original L2, and sounds like it still could be in the newest version.

Don't panic if the top of the plastic piston fails, I had that happen, fixed it by adding a shim of rubber, so now the fully compressed spring against the rubber shim takes the blow at the end stroke instead of top of piston - gone through 15 tins of monster red. since without any indexing problem whatsoever

The shim is made of semi-soft rubber OD 8 mm x 3 mm

Leshiy 2 - fixer upper new.1634150356.JPG

I was having some indexing issues that continued even after I replace that plastic part which had shattered into about 5-6 pieces. Reading this post and some of the others and realizing that the R2D2 spring could settle slightly shorter I checked mine and low and behold that was the issue. I used a 1mm thick nylon washer and trimmed the diameter to fit to shim the top of the spring. Once put back together the L2 is cycling with zero issues. 

I was having some indexing issues that continued even after I replace that plastic part which had shattered into about 5-6 pieces. Reading this post and some of the others and realizing that the R2D2 spring could settle slightly shorter I checked mine and low and behold that was the issue. I used a 1mm thick nylon washer and trimmed the diameter to fit to shim the top of the spring. Once put back together the L2 is cycling with zero issues.

Guess your problem was mag over run, me too with the 1.5mm shim so changed it to 3mm, but semi-soft rubber do not compress the same way as nylon so dimensions may vary