• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Finally quit hemming and hawing huh? Haha "what else could I do"
1f604.svg

Still the 350 barrel but added a Impact shroud that redesigned with BDIS (backward directed internal stripper). I will have to figure the long 700 STX-A liner first.

It really looks pretty cool. I am planning to put a 60mm FX barrel (and shroud) on mine and see what gives.

I haven't had any more cycling issues in over 2500 rounds. Now I'm just hoping that the plastic piston wont break, like some others have posted. But I hope that if, and when it does, they are readily available as spare parts, as I believe this is a potential failure point in the original L2, and sounds like it still could be in the newest version.

Don't panic if the top of the plastic piston fails, I had that happen, fixed it by adding a shim of rubber, so now the fully compressed spring against the rubber shim takes the blow at the end stroke instead of top of piston - gone through 15 tins of monster red. since without any indexing problem whatsoever

The shim is made of semi-soft rubber OD 8 mm x 3 mm

Leshiy 2 - fixer upper new.1634150356.JPG

Just made a 1.5mm thick washer 8mm diameter from brass and seems ok, a few miss indexes but only at lower reg pressures, I also note the puck size makes a difference as well when using reg at lower settings 60-80bar, using the smaller puck 3mm hole works much better. At 135bar it works faultlessly. What reg pressure and puck sizes do you use Scott and Towle? I like the idea of using a rubber washer though, I might experiment with that too.

I am using new forward plug so using the recommended 2x 1.2 jets along with new EAR/REPR (.22 350mm barrel).

Thanks

Good job with the washer kiteboardkid.

Im using the original large puck that came with the gun. My reg is set to around 115bar with .5 & .7 jets. I'm shooting the 13.4 JSB'S at 860fps for 7 mags (54 shots) per fill.

Have fun!

So, after waiting a while, I finally took the jump and installed a FX STX barrel in my Leshiy 2 this afternoon.

As background, I have a L2 in .25 cal and a 350mm barrel, with the Valkyrie handguard and Huma Mod40. This combination was shooting the JSB 25.4 grain pellets at 891 FPS, for 44.8 FPE. After reading a couple of threads regarding Cross Platform options for the L2, including the info from GlemChally and BigHUN above, I reached out to Geoff from Sub-12 Airguns on the UK and purchased three of his adapters for FX. Barrels to use in the L2. I have a number of FX barrels, including a Dreamline .25 cal 600mm barrel, and this was the one I chose to use for this experiment.

Basically, I had to remove the brass transfer port portion of the FX barrel and screw in the adapter. This was a hell of a lot harder than I expected, but heat, brute fore, and ignorance eventually overcame good sense and I got it off. From there it was easy to screw on the adapter, replace the FX liner and reassemble the barrel. It slid in to the L2 like they were made for each other!

All that was left was testing for accuracy and speed. At 25 yards the gun was every bit as, and maybe a bit more, accurate than the original. Essentiallly one hole with Air Arms (JSB) 25.4 grain pellets. One hole over 5 shots. On the FX Chrono it gave an average of 990 FPS or 55.3 Foot Pounds Energy. This is without any change to the regulator, just the barrel swap! I gained 100 FPS and 11 Ft Lbs of energy.

This is a real game changer for me, since I have a number of FX guns, not to mention barrels in every length and caliber from .177 to .30, and from 380mm to 700mm. Unlike a lot of people, I love the FX Smooth Twist liner system, and they have always been superbly accurate for me. Being able to use these in the L2 gives me immense flexibility at almost no extra cost, just the price of a magazine.

I love the looks, especially after I put a carbon fiber barrel sleeve over the barrel. I used the Huma Mod40, but it really is quite long, and probably overkill, so I switched to a FX hollow moderate. I actually think the longer barrel may even be a bit quieter.

Chris

7F4A76C8-5131-4503-9AF1-E93A661FD0F1.1634240339.jpeg
1B6322F2-CE88-4B1B-9372-852DF5AD1BC1.1634240340.jpeg
0A6D4472-8796-433C-B1AA-78DAEB209691.1634240345.jpeg
7E54CB76-F9B1-4886-BD2C-1A56D23EA6CD.1634240346.jpeg

So, after waiting a while, I finally took the jump and installed a FX STX barrel in my Leshiy 2 this afternoon.

As background, I have a L2 in .25 cal and a 350mm barrel, with the Valkyrie handguard and Huma Mod40. This combination was shooting the JSB 25.4 grain pellets at 891 FPS, for 44.8 FPE. After reading a couple of threads regarding Cross Platform options for the L2, including the info from GlemChally and BigHUN above, I reached out to Geoff from Sub-12 Airguns on the UK and purchased three of his adapters for FX. Barrels to use in the L2. I have a number of FX barrels, including a Dreamline .25 cal 600mm barrel, and this was the one I chose to use for this experiment.

Basically, I had to remove the brass transfer port portion of the FX barrel and screw in the adapter. This was a hell of a lot harder than I expected, but heat, brute fore, and ignorance eventually overcame good sense and I got it off. From there it was easy to screw on the adapter, replace the FX liner and reassemble the barrel. It slid in to the L2 like they were made for each other!

All that was left was testing for accuracy and speed. At 25 yards the gun was every bit as, and maybe a bit more, accurate than the original. Essentiallly one hole with Air Arms (JSB) 25.4 grain pellets. One hole over 5 shots. On the FX Chrono it gave an average of 990 FPS or 55.3 Foot Pounds Energy. This is without any change to the regulator, just the barrel swap! I gained 100 FPS and 11 Ft Lbs of energy.

This is a real game changer for me, since I have a number of FX guns, not to mention barrels in every length and caliber from .177 to .30, and from 380mm to 700mm. Unlike a lot of people, I love the FX Smooth Twist liner system, and they have always been superbly accurate for me. Being able to use these in the L2 gives me immense flexibility at almost no extra cost, just the price of a magazine.

I love the looks, especially after I put a carbon fiber barrel sleeve over the barrel. I used the Huma Mod40, but it really is quite long, and probably overkill, so I switched to a FX hollow moderate. I actually think the longer barrel may even be a bit quieter.

Chris

7F4A76C8-5131-4503-9AF1-E93A661FD0F1.1634240339.jpeg
1B6322F2-CE88-4B1B-9372-852DF5AD1BC1.1634240340.jpeg
0A6D4472-8796-433C-B1AA-78DAEB209691.1634240345.jpeg
7E54CB76-F9B1-4886-BD2C-1A56D23EA6CD.1634240346.jpeg
r

Thats great! I think BigHun is still using the edgun barrel, the shroud mods (illegal in Canada) even if he's calling it an air stripper isn't really an air stripper. 

Cut and dry....and he knows this.

https://legalbeagle.com/6802569-canadas-silencer-laws.html

Pretty cool with those FX liners. Would be nice to try a heavy slug liner sometime.

I don't own any FX guns, so the liners are new territory. Do you have to right size the CF sleeve to fit properly and lock down, or does the liner and sleeve all come together when you buy a liner kit?

Also - Are these liners 1/2UNF threaded for moderators?

Thanks

Pretty cool with those FX liners. Would be nice to try a heavy slug liner sometime.

I don't own any FX guns, so the liners are new territory. Do you have to right size the CF sleeve to fit properly and lock down, or does the liner and sleeve all come together when you buy a liner kit?

Also - Are these liners 1/2UNF threaded for moderators?

Thanks

The liners can’t be used by themselves. They have to be inside a barrel sleeve. That’s different from the CF liner sleeves, which fit between the barrel outer sleeve and the liner, replacing the three O rings that are usually there. In my case what I have is an Ernest Rowe OUTER barrel CF sleeve. Ernest created these before he did the inner liner sleeves. The idea was that you replaced your shroud with the CF sleeve, then tightened your moderater to the liner lock on the barrel sleeve. The compression of the CF would stiffen the whole barrel assembly. It worked, but you might have to sight-in the gun every time you removed the silencer.

download.png
View attachment x-barrel.1634254337.pdf

Thats great! I think BigHun is still using the edgun barrel, the shroud mods (illegal in Canada) even if he's calling it an air stripper isn't really an air stripper. 

Yeah, looks pretty clear. May be unwise, both as to doing but especially as to posting in a public place……

Just got my new Huma quad rail handguard today. Anyone got one of these that can tell me what the threaded piece is that came in the handguard? It doesn’t look to fit anywhere when the leshiy adapter is threaded into the hand guard. Huma doesn’t supply instructions with any of their products, so it’s just a “wing it” kinda install. 

Yeah, looks pretty clear. May be unwise, both as to doing but especially as to posting in a public place……

What was this about again? anything you don't like about my pictures I would expect a pm first

kiteboardkid, thank u for posting about the spring. I have had indexing issues for weeks, watched the video at least ten times and took it apart about 5 times looking for the fix. After reading your post, I stretched the piston spring and 10 mags later still no index issue. This forum has once again saved my ass!

Welcome Sir :) 

I believe these Springs should be made of a higher grade spring steel. They shouldn't be deforming this much so early in their life. Awaiting to here if these will be covered under warranty by Edgun Spain. The cost of these springs to Ed will be pennies but not so easy for us to obtain from 3rd party suppliers like simple O rings.

Just made a 1.5mm thick washer 8mm diameter from brass and seems ok, a few miss indexes but only at lower reg pressures, I also note the puck size makes a difference as well when using reg at lower settings 60-80bar, using the smaller puck 3mm hole works much better. At 135bar it works faultlessly. What reg pressure and puck sizes do you use Scott and Towle? I like the idea of using a rubber washer though, I might experiment with that too.

I am using new forward plug so using the recommended 2x 1.2 jets along with new EAR/REPR (.22 350mm barrel).

That make sense, more back pressure for the piston to work

A washer made of rubber will soften the blow on the top stroke where the spring is fully compressed and hopefully save R2D2 from getting a headache

I'm using the largest puck, jets as from factory, don't no if the change the setup on the new version but if not it should be 2 x 1.2mm

Got 2 leshiy2's (old versions)

L2 .177cal 250mm barrel, reg. 140Bar, JSB Monster red. 863fps, JSB Beast 807fps
L2 .177cal 350mm barrel, reg. 110Bar, JSB Monster red. 896fps, JSB Beast 837fps

If using .177 calibre, I would try using a maximum 4.5mm puck and in fact you'll probably find the removable magazine plate only has a 4mm hole, so in theory there is no point in having a puck size bigger than 4mm. 

the "new forward plug" just has a couple of extra pieces of plastic inside to reduce volume. I note Jake in the above disassembly video has gone to 2x 1.4mm jets but he is running Sub 12ft lbs I believe.

The indexing spring should not compress all the way. I did not watch the video or take mine apart. Just mentioning it because everyone keeps saying it compresses all ths way to solid. Springs should only compressed 80% of travel. If you compress to solid even once you start to reduce lifespan rapidly.

If someone can answer, does it actually compress to solid or not, I would love to know.

What was this about again? anything you don't like about my pictures I would expect a pm first

Nothing I didn’t like about your pictures, and I was not trying to attack you in any way. I was commenting on the post as quoted above, that IF there is an issue then maybe I wouldn’t have posted. To be precise, the rules are clear, but I have no idea about your air stripper at all. Hence the “May” in my post.

Anyway, no offense meant at all, and perhaps further discussion should be by PM.