• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I understand what your saying. And most people will set there guns up and forget it as you say. Now let’s say I want to change to a different pellet or from a pellet to a slug. Or I have changed my barrel to a different caliber. I’m just saying that a reg gauge could be as useful as a chronograph . A chart could be made using a given set of jets for the caliber / barrel change, then you dial the reg up or down shooting over a chronograph, recording the optimal speed that you find works best in your particular barrel or for a particular speed you need for that pellet and it hopefully is repeatable. No having to shoot a bunch of ammo over a Chronograph every time you change before you get to the desired setting, wasting time and ammo. That is how I use my other guns that have a reg gauge and hammer spring adjustment. I have a notebook that I have the settings for the reg and hammer settings for the desired pellet and best slug tune so I can make the adjustment when going back and forth . I don’t need a chronograph to make my changes once I figure out the settings and record them. Yes I still need to re zero in my scope so some shooting is still involved. These days pellets are in high demand and it helps to be able to have more than a couple brands or weights figured out for your gun in case you run out . I know I’m one of the 5 percent that would use it in that way. I have the gauge from my reg tester and will simply degas and install it on the reg port then make my adjustment to what my little book says, degas again and remove the gauge and gas back up. It’s a huge improvement over the original .but there are those out there that are like me and will take any short cut to save time ( a minute) and ammo (cheep) and air ( another minute) . Sorry if I’m driving you crazy. As we say in America you throw enough crap on a wall, eventually something will stick. 

if you look at the grafics, you easily can see that they are line. It means that they will be always line, doesn't matter what pelelt you use. So, just take the graph you have for one pellet in the caliber you need, then take the other pellet, put the speed with the new pellet on the graph and just make the same line as the previous pellet and you will see what speed of the pellet will be at the different pressures. That's it. That will work with almost 100 % accuracy for all the pellets, no matter the weight of it. At least the accuracy will be enough for the everyday use. 

0A2FCA0F-CFC3-4BDB-A7CA-5A755A65FE44.1630085453.jpeg
Got my jet kit and Valkyrie extended lock pin from EdgunWest in the mail today. By the looks of it I’ll have lots of experimenting to do. The pan is to use the existing reg setting at 130 bar ( unconfirmed ) and use what ever jet combination I need to get the same velocity but gain efficiency. Not that the shot count is bad , I would like the report to be as quiet as possible . An efficient gun is usually a quiet gun. I’ve tuned a few to close to the 1.8 mark and they are no louder than a pneumatic stapler. No sound suppression devices for me so please don’t say simply add a such and such moderator . As they are strictly forbidden in Canuckistan. I’ll post what I find but I’m almost positive the chart Ed has posted is a good as it’s going to get. 

Well that was some quick work. Man this gun is easy to work on. Here goes . Start fills all at 180bar using the stock air tubes . Shooting 28.4 H&N hunter extremes ( least accurate pellets so I use them for chrony work)
2 x .2 =875fps for 8 shots end @130bar

2 x .4 =870fps for 8 shots end @130bar

2 x .5 =850fps for 10 shots end at 130bar

1x.5 1x.6 =840fps for 10shots end @ 130bar

Pretty clear to me that the jets do have an effect on velocity yet very little on efficiency. I’m going to leave the .5 and .6 in the gun as it was the most consistent in velocity . The sound signature was somewhat less also as expected with a 30+FPS drop. In the end I did gain a couple shots per fill but at the expense of velocity no surprise there. I did get the lock pin installed and now functions as designed . I may play with the “power pucks “ port size. But then again I may just leave it as is . It’s shooting so darn well with a low ES. 45 FPE from such a short barrel is still pretty impressive even with efficiency of .85 according to the Lloyd Sikes.

I’m a happy camper , with close to three tins of pellets through the rifle now , not one hickup, no miss feeds , no jams , no loose bolts , no air dumps and accurate as the day is long. What could one complain about. Come on open season . 

So I bought my Leshiy 2 second hand the regulator was adjusted to I don't know what Bar it was a 25 cal bone stock 250mm Barrel from the factory except for the reg being adjusted way down after chrony testing it was shooting 640 FPS so I opened it up to up the reg and see that I have 1X jet with a large hole and a plug. I up the reg quite a bit 965 FPS at 55 FPE but the Mag is not cycling correctly so I drop it back down to 880 FPS 46 FPE All trial and error because I don't know what my Reg is set at fast forward I got my hands on a 30 cal 350mm barrel Tuned it way down to 690 FPS Getting around 45 FPE and 6 Magazines and super quiet all while still using 1 Jet and a plug. A gentleman on here was extremely generous offered to lend me a Reg Tester and I bought a set of .3 Jets as per Ed's Chart and a spring piston because they don't put the spring piston under the plug from Francisco, Tested the Reg it was at 105 Bar so I marked it degassed and filled and degassed it in increments so now my Reg is marked at 105,120,130,140 and 160 currently set at 160 Bar getting 844 FPS at 71 FPE with Hades Pellets Very Destructive and still very Backyard Friendly with a Mod 40 Long

Leshiy 2 7.1630099498.jpg
Leshiy8.1630099536.PNG

So I bought my Leshiy 2 second hand the regulator was adjusted to I don't know what Bar it was a 25 cal bone stock 250mm Barrel from the factory except for the reg being adjusted way down after chrony testing it was shooting 640 FPS so I opened it up to up the reg and see that I have 1X jet with a large hole and a plug. I up the reg quite a bit 965 FPS at 55 FPE but the Mag is not cycling correctly so I drop it back down to 880 FPS 46 FPE All trial and error because I don't know what my Reg is set at fast forward I got my hands on a 30 cal 350mm barrel Tuned it way down to 690 FPS Getting around 45 FPE and 6 Magazines and super quiet all while still using 1 Jet and a plug. A gentleman on here was extremely generous offered to lend me a Reg Tester and I bought a set of .3 Jets as per Ed's Chart and a spring piston because they don't put the spring piston under the plug from Francisco, Tested the Reg it was at 105 Bar so I marked it degassed and filled and degassed it in increments so now my Reg is marked at 105,120,130,140 and 160 currently set at 160 Bar getting 844 FPS at 71 FPE with Hades Pellets Very Destructive and still very Backyard Friendly with a Mod 40 Long

Leshiy 2 7.1630099498.jpg
Leshiy8.1630099536.PNG

Very nice Keith. 
If anyone else needs to borrow the reg tester just reach out in PM. 

I was just rereading through this thread and it seems like I missed one key component of the jets. Their location and what each jet does. How can you tell which controls the open and which controls the closing speed of the valve ? I saw reference to a left and a right jet. What am I missing here ?

The last time I spoke with Brian at EGW, it doesn't matter which location the jets are placed in. Brian or Ed can correct me if I'm wrong if things have changed.

Well that was some quick work. Man this gun is easy to work on. Here goes . Start fills all at 180bar using the stock air tubes . Shooting 28.4 H&N hunter extremes ( least accurate pellets so I use them for chrony work)
2 x .2 =875fps for 8 shots end @130bar

2 x .4 =870fps for 8 shots end @130bar

2 x .5 =850fps for 10 shots end at 130bar

1x.5 1x.6 =840fps for 10shots end @ 130bar

Pretty clear to me that the jets do have an effect on velocity yet very little on efficiency. I’m going to leave the .5 and .6 in the gun as it was the most consistent in velocity . The sound signature was somewhat less also as expected with a 30+FPS drop. In the end I did gain a couple shots per fill but at the expense of velocity no surprise there. I did get the lock pin installed and now functions as designed . I may play with the “power pucks “ port size. But then again I may just leave it as is . It’s shooting so darn well with a low ES. 45 FPE from such a short barrel is still pretty impressive even with efficiency of .85 according to the Lloyd Sikes.

I’m a happy camper , with close to three tins of pellets through the rifle now , not one hickup, no miss feeds , no jams , no loose bolts , no air dumps and accurate as the day is long. What could one complain about. Come on open season .

Is your shot counts 180-130 with the stock tanks or a bottle?

Nathan, the shot count is with the original tubes installed. I’ll run a full string to see how many shots I get from a 250bar fill. I was getting 5 mags worth on the regulator prior to changing the jets.

what cal was that? my .22 L2 is still in the "out of box" condition and whatever is a factory tune 3 mags can go before drop the reg

Well, someone had to be the first to do this but why did it have to be me???

I was swapping out the nozzles and when I went to tighten the 2nd new one in place, the threads on that new nozzle sheared and is now stuck inside the valve. Trust me when I tell you that I was careful about doing this as I am with everything...I got it hand tight and only wanted to give it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn past that with a wrench just like I did with the first one. Wasn't putting a lot of pressure on the wrench either but the head sheared off pretty easily.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can try to get the broken thread backed out of the valve opening? See pics below:

20210828_204941.1630210068.1630210235.jpg
20210828_205015.1630210066.1630210235.jpg
20210828_205439.1630210065.jpg