• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Some data for you guys, dependance of the speed of the pellet from the presssure.

.22 250.1628796820.jpg

.22 350.1628796820.jpg

.25 250.1628796820.jpg

.1628796820.jpg

Now that I’ve been looking at this design of valve , it’s pure genius. No 90* bends for the air to make behind the pellet a tapered flow that increases the speed of the air . Similar to how an Airforce gun gets its tremendous power. No wonder this thing makes what it does with the short barrels. The last piece of the puzzle is making it efficient and with the info Ed just published it should be a much easier task . Again , I’m assuming that my regulator was set at 130 bar and I know I have two .2 nozzles . The table shows that at the same Reg pressure with the .4 nozzles the velocity was the same as what I’m getting. This is a clear indication of over dwell , meaning the air was still coming out when the pellet was already out of the barrel . Making the rifle very loud. I’m going to have to get me some of them nozzles to test. 
many one looking for an Impact X ? Pretty sure I won’t be using it anymore . ;) 

Thanks Ed. That’s what I figured . Great job on the gun , it’s already my favorite by a long shot. It’s amazing to me that I can get on a forum and have the manufacturer reply directly to one of my posts . I’ve been at the Airgun game for over ten years now , and you are the first not to blow smoke and tell it exactly how it is.

No problem, I am part of you all, so if I have time to answer I do it with pleasure. Nothing has been changed for 20 years since I had started to make the airgun. I am still considering it as a kind of hobby rather than serious busines. Life is just a wonderfull game and I am enjoying playing this game. That is the only way, I think, that can make a man happy in his life, not considering himself and what he is doing to serious. :) Enjoy the guns, they are made for this!

Enjoy the guns…Well Ed. I know there have to be several thousand people out there who are doing just that. I enjoy mine every single day and it is a pleasure to shoot. I saw a video this morning you put out taking about an adjustable regulator without needing to degas the L2 prior. That’s awesome. You also mentioned a list of barrel lengths and caliber with a regulator setting for a specific speed of pellet travel. I didn’t catch if there were jet sizes brought into play with that list but it would be kinda cool to know what those settings in configuration would to quiet the report if possible. Thanks for making the list available to your current and future customer base. You Rock. 

ps. I see the jet nozzle information is posted there too. Should’ve panned down further before comment. 

When i got my leshiy 2 .22 350mm it was way louder than any other airgun i have and i wanted to use it in my backyard without disturbing the neighbors so i modeled and 3d printed a baffle which reduce the sound from 95 db to 75 db. (long range accuracy not tested) 

Up to 50m the accuracy is pretty much the same. 

It significantly quites down the airgun and pretty much the air from cycling the magazine is the one i mainly hear when shooting. 

Im currently working on different iterations in my spare time to maximize soud reduction and until now i managed to reach 71 db. I will do further testing then release an stl file for everyone to print if they are interested. 

IMG_20210812_140817.1628763245.jpg

this is awesome, thanks! i would also like to know how to disassemble the shroud, if anyone can provide that.

When i got my leshiy 2 .22 350mm it was way louder than any other airgun i have and i wanted to use it in my backyard without disturbing the neighbors so i modeled and 3d printed a baffle which reduce the sound from 95 db to 75 db. (long range accuracy not tested) 

Up to 50m the accuracy is pretty much the same. 

It significantly quites down the airgun and pretty much the air from cycling the magazine is the one i mainly hear when shooting. 

Im currently working on different iterations in my spare time to maximize soud reduction and until now i managed to reach 71 db. I will do further testing then release an stl file for everyone to print if they are interested. 

IMG_20210812_140817.1628763245.jpg

this is awesome, thanks! i would also like to know how to disassemble the shroud, if anyone can provide that.

Push firmly on the two long screws.

What size/dimensions carbon fiber bottle can we fit on L2? and btw what is a valve thread spec?

I see that locally I may get a 54mm dia (but this one is longer and not sure if can fit), Edgun have a 65mm (and over 2x the cost and on the picture looks shorter), both includes wait time with shipping, so pretty much I am alone with this?

If I could save some money your link to a better source is more then welcome.

I got this bottle on eBay works perfect 

nice tip!

btw, if you find that the longer bottle hits your wrist, you might fix that with a bravo company reduced angle grip.

the custom grips brian has on his website now look pretty sweet too. tempted since they are also more vertical...

quiet tip for leshiy fans, the Air Arms diabolo field 16gr (jsb) pellets are still in stock at pyramid air if you are desperate for ammo. they seem to shoot ok in my setup, which is similar to @shortfuse with the 350mm barrel and mod40. this is however only out to 10 yards (inside my house), but out to 15 yards, neither the AA or the H&N pellets group as well as the 18.13gr jsbs (also inside and so no wind).

also, i was wrong about not having the gauge port.so once i have a gauge to put on it, i might actually test it out. i don't have a chrono though.

quit making me buy stuff!!!

another update that might help save you some time, the holes in the spanner nut for the regulator are 2mm. this means you have to have pretty pointy needle nose pliers to adjust it, just fyi, and obviously an angle one is easier. after watching the owner adjusting them at the factory, i remembered having a similar tool when i worked on bikes. if you don't already have small needle nose pliers (everybody should, but heavy duty ones won't work) you can buy this tool.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Finish-Adjustable-Spanner-Wrench/dp/B08SLG43Y2

i do not need this so i have not tried or tested it to ensure it works, but since i went to the trouble to find it, i figured i would share it since you will get 99% search returns that won't fit because 3mm and bigger are 1000x more common.

i would probably make one if i intend to adjust this a lot, using drill bits for pins.