EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

The only problem I have with it is : I just got my leshiy 2 from Brian 2 weeks ago and am in the middle of building it. I haven't fired a round through it yet while waiting on the scope. And now I absolutely have to have the new reg!!! This build will never end lol

i got mine from egw a couple weeks ago, and it appears to have part of the mod, just no port for a pressure gauge.

This time I’m going to sit on the fence awhile and watch and see how the new external adjustable reg works for everyone. Not that I doubt it will work well and it is something that was needed for this platform. My first queastion on this is since this makes my reg tester obsolete can I at least use the gauge from the reg tester in the new R.E.P.R. Regulator and can it be left in all the time and the tube be oriented so that the reg adjuster is on the left and the gauge is on the right? I can see a new item for the 3D printers to make a protective shield that will attach to the tube and surround the gauge protecting it from bumps. 

I ordered the REPR regulator even though I am completely satisfied with my current setup. Why? ED does not go backwards. I am confident I will discover improvements... and not just external adjustability.

Same here - I already have two regs and plenums for quick barrel swaps, but if this can easily replace both, well........

if you received yours recently, there is a chance this part of the change is already there.

regulatorleshiy2Capture.1628643851.JPG

so fwiw, one guy's opinion and ears, the huma-air mod40 moderator is quite a bit softer sounding than the stock leshiy 2 moderator. no apparent shift in poi.

specifically, this is the leshiy 2 long, 350mm barrel, .22 slinging 18.13gr jsb pellets at the factory tune (i am assuming ~940fps)

i have heard others advise they didn't see much difference, so i wanted to note that this is just my experience with my example. to be honest, so much air came out from around the oem shroud that i wasn't even sure i had installed it correctly, and although egw told me this was "normal", i am still not certain these gaps don't vary and thus the amount of sound coming from it may be different too.

how much quieter? hard to say, but oem wasn't much quieter than the heavy duty staple gun i use at the shooting ranges, and now it is quiet enough that i am not concerned. i will try to borrow a decibel meter to do some sort of comparison, just for giggles since i understand these sorts of tests are less than accurate. so far i have only shot it will the full stack and no empty sections, but i may experiment with different configurations.

unfortunately, i cannot compare it to a DonnyFL or any other silencer or rifles, so i cannot say if it is better or worse than anything else out there.

edgun pic time...i really like that the leshiy 2 is adaptable fill several roles with a quick configuration change. this is why i like good quality qd mounts.

manyhatsofleshiy_now_quieterCapture.1628603697.JPG

I can also confirm that the Mod40 is much quieter than the stock moderator. i did some tests (in addition to simply listening to it) using the NIOSH app and it meant from a LCPeak of 120 dB and a Max Level of 98 dB to LCPeak 110 and Max Level of 90 dB

Without the moderator the PCPeak was 131dB. That’s seriously loud.

All these measurements were done indoors with the meter 1 ft. From the muzzle at a 45 degree angle. Obviously this was not a controlled or calibrated situation or measurement. however the important thing is the comparison between the two, since they were done using the same equipment, in the same place at at almost the same time.

Chris

Typical Franbo over in Spain, ripping Americans off. While you could spend $500 for the upgrade kit with Franbo you can get one directly from Brian for half the price. 

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/edgun-leshiy-2-accessories/item/repr-plenum-and-regulator-leshiy-2/

Nice find - I got my pre-order in for one.

Damn! I swear I was looking through the EDgun West site a couple days ago and didn't even see this. It must have been added recently. Anyways, pre-ordered one myself. So the other question now is, what's the deal with the 1 pound trigger listed on the REPR specs or is it a typo? Is there parts for sale to retrofit my "old" L2?

Is it just me or do the nozzles look a whole lot like Mikuni carburetor jets? I’ll more than likely take mine apart shortly and compare to the hundreds of different carburetor jets I have here from my motorcycle tuning days. Thanks if I find out what actually fits I’ll let you’s know. Last time I had the jets out it was for making an adjustable Cobra valve for an Evanix K550. 

Is it just me or do the nozzles look a whole lot like Mikuni carburetor jets? I’ll more than likely take mine apart shortly and compare to the hundreds of different carburetor jets I have here from my motorcycle tuning days. Thanks if I find out what actually fits I’ll let you’s know. Last time I had the jets out it was for making an adjustable Cobra valve for an Evanix K550. 

Wow, they really do look identical....

$15 < $100....

My L2 in 25 cal came from the Factory with 1 large Jet (unmarked) and a Plug I have since changed to 30 cal and want to purchase the appropriate Jet my question has anyone on here gotten one with a Plug removed the Plug I'm wondering if the Power Jet Valve spring is under that Plug or will I have to purchase that part along with the Power Jets (trying to find out without going through the process of removing the Plug). Also looking for recommendations of what power Jet combo is best and does anyone have any of these parts there looking to sell. Thanks Keith 732-678-6706

j1.1628689660.PNG

My L2 in 25 cal came from the Factory with 1 large Jet (unmarked) and a Plug I have since changed to 30 cal and want to purchase the appropriate Jet my question has anyone on here gotten one with a Plug removed the Plug I'm wondering if the Power Jet Valve spring is under that Plug or will I have to purchase that part along with the Power Jets (trying to find out without going through the process of removing the Plug). Also looking for recommendations of what power Jet combo is best and does anyone have any of these parts there looking to sell. Thanks Keith 732-678-6706

j1.1628689660.PNG

My .25 came with two jets -- details somewhere earlier in the thread -- apparently many of the stock jet labels are unreliable.

j1.1628689660.PNG

.5 jet and a plug at 145bar works great in my 350mm 30cal. I get 830fps with the 50gr JSB and 860fps with the 44gr JSB. Both pellets are 3/4 in groups at 50 yards.

while we are waiting for somebody with a 3D printer to start making a cover for the working parts of the Leshiy 2 when it is folded for transport, i kluged together a workable solution from an old neoprene scope cover and a bendable gear tie. stretches on, pops off when you close the leshiy.

don't laugh!!!! at least it has an "L" on it. bloody custom, mate!

I could make a 3D model for that but it would look silly, out of place and not sit as tight as your brilliant solution, I guess the neoprene scope cover that came with the Ledal Stalker should do the job 

lol, thanks. if i had a sewing machine, i could have used a small piece of the gear tie and it would probably fit inside hollow grips for storage.