• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Looks like I found out what the LESHIY 2 REPR is all about. Just had to lift up her skirt to find out!

This is my second Leshiy 2, the Hornet 25 cal edition. Topped off with a thermal ATN scope. 
That appears to be an externally adjustable regulator. Some little birdie told me it’ll adjust from 60-280 bar without having to bleed off the system. 
I think this is what Ed was referring to when he said he’d be constantly innovating and upgrading the Leshiy 2 platform.

Yeah, I saw Brian changed/posted this recently: 

Screenshot_20210808-093615_Chrome.1628429864.jpg

The original versions degassed by way of the little Allen screw on the side of the valve assembly. No O Ring involved. I don’t understand why you would need to disassemble the reg for any reason now. Installing a gauge should not involve disassembly, only degassing. There is only one o ring involved on changing the jets and if properly lubed should not be any problem. Before disassemble on any airgun one should have some silicone grease and oil. Visit Brian’s videos on disassembly, degassing and changing the jets BEFORE you start guessing how to go about it so you don’t damage anything or hurt yourself. I don’t understand why the manual doesn’t reference the videos since it doesn’t have any instructions. Not all new owners are familiar with this or any forum. I follow EdGun west and a couple other Leshiy owners Facebook news feeds and see people who have bought a Leshiy 2 and don’t have a clue about anything on the gun once they receive it and start asking queastions how to do this and that on Facebook. Yes most people are going to just shoot the gun as it is set up in the factory, but now that the gun has been out for a while there are things that have showed up that owners need to know to work on their guns or at least know what is going on and how to properly and safely go about fixing. Those with multiple barrels are going to have to disassemble their guns to change jets and regulator setting but there are no instructions in the manual. 

Unfortunately it is not the original version. The video on the new version is not up yet, I just checked his website. Believe me I would love to see it.

The little screw is still there to degas it. 

I guess I should have been more specific on what O ring. It is in the regulator on the piston. 5x1.5mm 

I am speaking from experience not assumptions. But it seems like you have some of your own. Soooooooo there is that. 

while we are waiting for somebody with a 3D printer to start making a cover for the working parts of the Leshiy 2 when it is folded for transport, i kluged together a workable solution from an old neoprene scope cover and a bendable gear tie. stretches on, pops off when you close the leshiy.

don't laugh!!!! at least it has an "L" on it. bloody custom, mate!

macgyver-coverCapture.1628440894.JPG
coverpopsoffCapture.1628440894.JPG
LforleshiyCapture.1628440893.JPG

while we are waiting for somebody with a 3D printer to start making a cover for the working parts of the Leshiy 2 when it is folded for transport, i kluged together a workable solution from an old neoprene scope cover and a bendable gear tie. stretches on, pops off when you close the leshiy.

don't laugh!!!! at least it has an "L" on it. bloody custom, mate!

macgyver-coverCapture.1628440894.JPG
coverpopsoffCapture.1628440894.JPG
LforleshiyCapture.1628440893.JPG

that looks awesome!!!

External adjustable regulator peaked my interest. has anyone tried to tune the gun back and forth from say 8fpe to 30 FPE? 

IMG_6469.1628448441.JPG
79991077-23BE-43E6-AE95-A2BB81FA177F.1628447770.jpeg
964F8BB9-06B3-4EB1-9BFF-EF495F7FC4AE.1628447770.jpeg
0189E92E-C1F5-4463-894B-B8A2DE9CBDD1.1628447771.jpeg

try to stay out of this thread as much as possible so you guys can have fun discussing things, but I just want to point out one thing. No harm will come to the gun by storing it folded. The valve and air tube are totally sealed, and the only way anything is going to move is in the direction of the barrel. If any debris were to get onto the transfer port area, it would be blown out of the barrel. Nothing in this world is perfect, but the Leshiy 2 is highly durable. 
The photos are from an owner who accidentally dropped his Leshiy in saltwater and dove down and got it. The owner, not wanting to lose his hunt, continue to use it for two days until it became rusty. He sent it to me for repair. I had to extract frozen bolts. Also, I cleaned, replaced, and polished some parts, and it was back to working again. The inside of the valve was still clean. 
I’m not suggesting to treat your gun this way, but I want people who lurk and read this to understand that the weapon was designed to be carried folded by Ed, it’s your gun, by all means, protected the way you want, but storing it folded is the safest s and easiest way to transport the Leshiy 2

i'm sure people's fears are somewhat overblown, perhaps driven in some part by the cost of the gun. i wasn't particularly concerned, but than i am not using it in the field where it can get muddy or whatever. my main concerns, if any, would be sand or grit getting into the moving parts and accelerating wear, and maybe something hitting the trigger bar or whatever that part is called. then why did i make a cover? cause it seemed like something easy and cheap for people that have legit concerns.

Hold on with the panic about he new regulator or other theory of the consipacy about it. Don't listen the speculation about it from the people who has no idea about how it works and how it is adjusted. 

Wait for the official informationi from me and video explanation about it.

I would be one of those with no idea of how the new regulator works nor how it is adjusted. 

Thanks to that I have $2400 paper weight. So waiting is hard. 

Hold on with the panic about he new regulator or other theory of the consipacy about it. Don't listen the speculation about it from the people who has no idea about how it works and how it is adjusted. 

I would be one of those with no idea of how the new regulator works nor how it is adjusted. 

You have a $2400 paper weight? It won’t shoot as is?

I understand that you may want to adjust things, and are unwilling to take a risk doing so without absolute clarity about the procedure. But calling it a paper weight seems rather…..hyperbolic and extreme.

I understand that you may want to adjust things, and are unwilling to take a risk doing so without absolute clarity about the procedure. But calling it a paper weight seems rather…..hyperbolic and extreme.

Not hyperbolic or extreme. It will not shoot, if you would read my previous post . The o ring on the piston in the regulator is cut. Also, I don’t want to tinker, I just want to go out and enjoying shooting. 

I like the gun, its really nice, build quality is great, it shoulders great. I have wasted a lot of air since I got it with No pellets down the barrel. 

Having the correct procedure to replace the o ring and adjust the regulator without cutting the o ring would make all the difference in the world. 

How about I call it a pretty paper weight? 

Not hyperbolic or extreme. It will not shoot, if you would read my previous post . The o ring on the piston in the regulator is cut. Also, I don’t want to tinker, I just want to go out and enjoying shooting. 

I like the gun, its really nice, build quality is great, it shoulders great. I have wasted a lot of air since I got it with No pellets down the barrel. 

Having the correct procedure to replace the o ring and adjust the regulator without cutting the o ring would make all the difference in the world. 

How about I call it a pretty paper weight? 

I don’t really want to argue, but, I did read your previous posts, or at least some of the most recent ones. You went from saying that you were waiting on the gun to talking about the o-ring on the piston inside the regulator being cut! Not sure how you would know that if you didn’t rip the thing apart (which, as I understand it, is a good way to void your warranty). I really don’t understand why the first thing you would do with a brand new gun is disassemble the regulator, but maybe that’s just me.

Anyway, if I was sitting there with a torn o-ring on my regulator piston (regardless of how it got torn) I would probably wish I had a couple of videos or an instruction manual to help, so I can sympathize with your frustration. Hope something turns up on YouTube soon to help.

In the meantime, I too want to know if there is a possible upgrade path for those of us with the original system, especially if we just got it a month ago. And hopefully one which doesn’t cost an arm and a leg……

Chris

I just received my second Leshiy 2 on Friday. I put it together, cleaned the barrel, put on a scope, and have been having a blast with my new thermal rig. I didn’t even bother to chrono the gun. 
04B39C31-F21B-4A3E-AA02-672A017604FC.1628467701.jpeg

I don’t understand why anyone would take a brand new gun apart without first getting a baseline of what it does out of the box. Then when they’re in over their head, claim the gun is an expensive paperweight. Sad. 

I can see that from my previous posts that I was not clear and specific enough. I don’t want to argue either. This whole hissy fit started because I said not to degas the new style reg. 

There is a port for the gauge on the opposite side of the reg adjustment.

However, if you degas it you take a chance of cutting the o ring in the reg. I have been fighting that #$%^ o ring for 2 days now. I guess if you like to tinker the externally adjustable reg is cool. Personally I would rather set it and forget it. I would rather shoot. 

You can degas the gun with the screw as before. But, you take the chance of cutting the o ring. 

Let’s say that you want to install the gauge, you have to de gas it first or if you want to change the jets….degas. I am sure that there is a correct procedure to reassemble and install. I just don’t know what it is yet

Unfortunately it is not the original version. The video on the new version is not up yet, I just checked his website. Believe me I would love to see it.

The little screw is still there to degas it. 

I guess I should have been more specific on what O ring. It is in the regulator on the piston. 5×1.5mm 

I am speaking from experience not assumptions. But it seems like you have some of your own. Soooooooo there is that. 

I guess I should have gone step by step on what happened. 

1. Watched youtube videos on ED gunwest, and EdGun and anything I could find on the Leshiy 2 while I wait for the gun to arrive. 

2. Received nice box unwrapped carefully, Looked at the manual then watched Edgunwest video on receiving the Leshiy 2 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KypQtB7SL2c

3. Watched it over again while checking the barrel. Then installed the suppressor and mounted and closed the stock with no mag installed.

4. The stock release latch was stuck, the latch was flexing in my opinion to much. Checked everything and noticed 100bar in the tank. Well, lets get rid of stored energy to prevent AD or other bad things from happening. Find the bleed off screw and released all pressure. 

5. After a call to tech support, push on the lever harder. The stock released. 

6. Okay lets charge this thing, going slowly to minimize the heat and give things a chance to settle in. At approx 220 bar, pop and whoosh. 

7. Call tech support again. Did I pop the burst disk? Don’t have one, okay. What I thought was a burst disk assy is the reg. Okay found cut o ring. What size, ohhhh there are 2 spares in the parts bag that came with the gun. Cool 

8. Install new o ring and charge Pop whoosh. 

9. How do I know where to set the reg? Install a gauge in the off side plug on the tube. Make small adjustments on the reg. Okay. And lube Okay

10. Pop whooosh

11. Pop whoosh 

12. Pop whoosh

etc. 

13. Tech support, what am I doing wrong? Thy this and that. There is a video coming. 

14. Wipe away my tears and put the gun back in the box. Holding down some paper. 

…………….

10. Pop whooosh

11. Pop whoosh 

12. Pop whoosh

etc. 

13. Tech support, what am I doing wrong? Thy this and that. There is a video coming. 

14. Wipe away my tears and put the gun back in the box. Holding down some paper.

OK Traxx,

Whatever else may be said, line number 14 is classic. And funny.

Wipe away my tears and put the gun back in the box. Holding down some paper.

Again, hope you get some resolution soon.

Chris