• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Good morning Ya’ll 

I placed my order last week and she is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I have been taking a look at what and how folks have been setting theirs up to see if anything really strikes my fancy. 

Right now I am going to keep her clean with a simple short range optic, Vortex Spitfire HD II x5. Depending on how it works from 5 yds to 100yds we will see if I add a holographic sight on 45* or not. I’ll be using her in the tractor cab on field rats, shooting steel and some paper. 

I am kinda disappointed that some don’t think it would be a good paper gun at 100yds. I’ll see for myself how she does. Maybe take a day to compare against some other rifles. 

I mounted a spitfire 2 x5 on mine yesterday. I need to contort less than I did with a monstrum, but I'd still like the ocular about 1-2 inches further back. The last 3 slots or so on the pic rail are unusable because of the primary fold/release lever, and those slots would help a decent bit. I haven't been able to find the "right" cantilever picatinny extension online, and I'm likely not going to stick with the spitfire Ii anyways because parallax is fixed at 100 yards and it's a 5.56 BDC reticle.

Other than the above though, it's really close to being the perfect optic for this rifle IMHO. Great clarity, nice looking reticle for hunting, unbelievably small for the FoV and magnification.

I've also inquired with Brian about a spare lever -- he did say he didn't think sanding it down would work because it's apparently skeletonized on the gun facing side, so it would lose strength. Seems like an easy to fix design flaw if they had made that lever slightly lower -- the rounded top is what impinges something you try and mount there, and I think the rounding is just asthetic.

Good and bad to hear. I have the 1st gen 3x Spitfire on my 300blk and have really enjoyed it. I expect the newer version to be even better. 

I am sure that I will see what you’re talking about in a couple of days, but if you have a pic handy I would like to see. Maybe I can find a solution before the Leshiy 2 gets here. 

Good morning Ya’ll 

I placed my order last week and she is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I have been taking a look at what and how folks have been setting theirs up to see if anything really strikes my fancy. 

Right now I am going to keep her clean with a simple short range optic, Vortex Spitfire HD II x5. Depending on how it works from 5 yds to 100yds we will see if I add a holographic sight on 45* or not. I’ll be using her in the tractor cab on field rats, shooting steel and some paper. 

I am kinda disappointed that some don’t think it would be a good paper gun at 100yds. I’ll see for myself how she does. Maybe take a day to compare against some other rifles. 

I mounted a spitfire 2 x5 on mine yesterday. I need to contort less than I did with a monstrum, but I'd still like the ocular about 1-2 inches further back. The last 3 slots or so on the pic rail are unusable because of the primary fold/release lever, and those slots would help a decent bit. I haven't been able to find the "right" cantilever picatinny extension online, and I'm likely not going to stick with the spitfire Ii anyways because parallax is fixed at 100 yards and it's a 5.56 BDC reticle.

Other than the above though, it's really close to being the perfect optic for this rifle IMHO. Great clarity, nice looking reticle for hunting, unbelievably small for the FoV and magnification.

I've also inquired with Brian about a spare lever -- he did say he didn't think sanding it down would work because it's apparently skeletonized on the gun facing side, so it would lose strength. Seems like an easy to fix design flaw if they had made that lever slightly lower -- the rounded top is what impinges something you try and mount there, and I think the rounding is just asthetic.

Good and bad to hear. I have the 1st gen 3x Spitfire on my 300blk and have really enjoyed it. I expect the newer version to be even better. 

I am sure that I will see what you’re talking about in a couple of days, but if you have a pic handy I would like to see. Maybe I can find a solution before the Leshiy 2 gets here.

This lever is too close to the pic rail -- you can't mount something above the top rounded portion.

sorry @traxx I tried to post pictures but they didn't take 🤔

Thanks, I am still trying to get my avatar changed soooooo, I kinda get it. LOL. 

Well, She should arrive tomorrow and the optic today. I have 2 bottles charged to 300bar, targets ready and a fresh cut shooting lane ready.

Fwiw I was able to shoe horn the Spitfire 5x on in a semi workable position.

Reverse the mount from how it comes (you want the fixed portion of the mount on the left side of the L2 and the loose portion of the grabber on the right side.) The loose grabber portion is a MM or so more narrow and on my gun it JUST fits.

However... the release lever is now VERY stiff and I suspect keeping it this way long term would wear out the locking mechanism both on the open and on the close.

100% convinced that very modest sanding on the release lever would fix this though.

@edgun should redesign this part (the plastic lever) IMHO -- it's a minor but annoying design flaw. Guessing it's an injection mold though, so redesign is unlikely.

So, is being unable to latch the break over effecting the operation? Or is it just for stowing or transport?

The only time that I would have it folded over would be during transport. Once in the fields she will be hanging on a single point sling or on a hook in the tractor cab. 

For transport, I am thinking a pelican case with foam. Hopefully small enough to fit in my saddle bags on the Electra Glide. If needed I can strap to the luggage rack. 

@traxx

I went ahead and every so slightly sanded down the top of the lever (there was a minor mark where it had been hitting the bottom of the rail mount.) VERY minor sanding.

I can get the vortex all the way back on the rail now, lever / locking and unlocking works perfect and eye relief is solved.

If you end up having to do this, be careful. There a spring inside the lever under tension.

Anyone else wondering what changes were made to the R.E.P.R version? Seems like there’s very little information. I see the new grip but surely that can’t be the only change . I thought I read about an externally adjustable regulator , maybe I was just wishing .

Curious about this as well. Don't particularly want to splash more cash out on this gun but there are some convenience features I would do it for (external reg adjustment being the primary.)

Anyone else wondering what changes were made to the R.E.P.R version? Seems like there’s very little information. I see the new grip but surely that can’t be the only change . I thought I read about an externally adjustable regulator , maybe I was just wishing .

Curious about this as well. Don't particularly want to splash more cash out on this gun but there are some convenience features I would do it for (external reg adjustment being the primary.)

From what I understand, it includes an external regulator adjuster. I've been told more news on this coming next week.

A9529E7A-10A1-4B1D-92EF-2A23DE9885BE.1628282432.jpeg
2BD7427E-9BF2-498B-B0F2-095ADB091D6B.1628282432.jpeg
D0FD3615-58BD-4C4B-A967-B851FFD85A0F.1628282433.jpeg
585765FB-0322-4500-B344-9F691F538BE4.1628282435.jpeg
5B7CAC80-AD03-4D7E-9328-58DFD05B46EF.1628282436.jpeg
F581A551-979F-4932-91BA-5C05C428F0F5.1628282437.jpeg

I had been spending a lots of time shooting these two guns between Leshiy2 and my all-time favorite Huben K1. Both semi-auto and fun to shoots. I'm going to leave my Huben as a slugs gun and L2 as a pellets shooter. Check out JSB HADES 26.54gr at 50yards. Reg pressure set at 160 bar, one .02jet and other closed off, shooting about 960fps. 

I had been spending a lots of time shooting these two guns between Leshiy2 and my all-time favorite Huben K1. Both semi-auto and fun to shoots. I'm going to leave my Huben as a slugs gun and L2 as a pellets shooter. Check out JSB HADES 26.54gr at 50yards. Reg pressure set at 160 bar, one .02jet and other closed off, shooting about 960fps.

Nice numbers and grouping with that speed. 
Is that with a 350 mm barrel?
How many shots do you get out of that little tank? 

I have been searching this forum for ages, but cannot find an answer, so i'll just shoot:

Does anyone have any luck with slugs from a 350mm .22 Lothar Walther barrel?
If so, what weights/dimensions/types are you having luck with and with what kind of settings?
Pellet wise I have had most luck with H&N Barracuda Match , but i have to keep them in the 800's or else the grouping opens up dramatically. I would really like to try some slugs as i know this gun can be pushed a little further energy wise, and the extra BC of slugs is nice. 

Thanks, sorry if someone already posted this somewhere but i cannot find it...

Looks like I found out what the LESHIY 2 REPR is all about. Just had to lift up her skirt to find out!

A1856D07-43A0-4E86-B809-9546C826C1AB.1628335301.jpeg
0FDA370B-2E95-4CF2-8699-595D4A54EBB9.1628335302.jpeg

This is my second Leshiy 2, the Hornet 25 cal edition. Topped off with a thermal ATN scope. 
That appears to be an externally adjustable regulator. Some little birdie told me it’ll adjust from 60-280 bar without having to bleed off the system. 
I think this is what Ed was referring to when he said he’d be constantly innovating and upgrading the Leshiy 2 platform. 

Foxbow,

It's a .25cal, 350mm Alpha Precision barrel. I'm getting about four magazines from 300bar fill. 

Furthermore, this gun shoots slugs pretty well. However, I have to set the regulator at 170bar and shoot VK 32.8grs around 900-910fps. A friend of mine has the same setup and shooting NSA 29.5 grs around 940 fps with very good results. The reason my gun is tuned to shoot pellets now cause I'm running low on slugs, plus I have about 7cans of pellets to mess with. 

I wonder why the new version would have an externally adjustable reg but not have a gauge for the reg preasure? The English chap on UTube has made a plenum with an external gauge . Put both together on the Leshiy and then I would buy the part to upgrade mine. But if it is only the external reg adjustment I’ll wait. I only plan on changing my reg two times a year when going between .30 and .22. A gauge for the reg pressure is more important to me.