• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

How capable is the .22 cal L2 with OEM 600 barrel scoring @ 100 meters/feets?

Not considering plinking or hunting but real scoring for tens = competition level...Is it worth investing into 600 barrel or better look for alternate options?

{I already have the Impact 700 in .25, so trying to decide for L2 longer 600 barrel in .22 or prepare for hassling with tunes between .22 and .25 with my MK2?}

Have any of you .22 L2 guys tried Crosman either HP or domes? How did they do?

I have a poop load of the Premier Domed so i did try them in my 350mm barrel with a Ronin .

at 33 yards 

factory 130bar reg. they were terrible 

at 115 reg. they tightened up quite a bit but still " marginal " at best , 1.25" and up groups ..

So back in the pellet stash they go..

Just for reference that same gun @ 33 yards , 115 reg. shooting the jsb Hades 15.89's i am consistent 1 ragged hole 3/8"- 1/2"

Hope this helps

How capable is the .22 cal L2 with OEM 600 barrel scoring @ 100 meters/feets?

Not considering plinking or hunting but real scoring for tens = competition level...Is it worth investing into 600 barrel or better look for alternate options?

{I already have the Impact 700 in .25, so trying to decide for L2 longer 600 barrel in .22 or prepare for hassling with tunes between .22 and .25 with my MK2?}

In my opinion the Leshiy 2 will never match your Impact 700 in .25 at 100 meters. It certainly doesn’t come close to matching mine. If I am looking for absolute accuracy then both my Impacts (MK2 currently set up as a 500mm in .25 and my M3 700 in .22) outshoot my Leshiy 2 (350mm in .25) at every range from 25 meters to 100 meters. The L2 trigger is simply not a target/Benchrest trigger. It’s a Combat type trigger, and non-adjustable. That alone means that it gets outshot from the bench by the Impact, and for that matter, by my Crown MK2s and my Wildcat MK3 as well.

However, for 8 quick shots, offhand, at a target under 50 yards, I don’t have anything that compares to the L2.

Chris

...The L2 trigger is simply not a target/Benchrest trigger. It’s a Combat type trigger, and non-adjustable. ... for 8 quick shots, offhand, at a target under 50 yards, I don’t have anything that compares to the L2.

Chris

Before my purchase I was also speculating only that under 50 meters no need for longer barrel...the L2 with 350 shall be just OK. Now I need to figure one .22 for 100 :\

I did the same to mine with a Dremel to cut off the screws but I also had to grind down the attachment plate with a belt sander as well so they could fit.

20210307_120402.1626919629.jpg

20210307_120412.1626919767.jpg

20210307_120422.1626919818.jpg

Thanks yenniedn and @I too had to grind down the plate but all works now

74B8CB31-7158-47EC-AC06-D85D8DC6C654.1627772539.jpeg

I did the same to mine with a Dremel to cut off the screws but I also had to grind down the attachment plate with a belt sander as well so they could fit.

20210307_120402.1626919629.jpg

20210307_120412.1626919767.jpg

20210307_120422.1626919818.jpg

Thanks yenniedn and @I too had to grind down the plate but all works now

74B8CB31-7158-47EC-AC06-D85D8DC6C654.1627772539.jpeg

👍🏼 YW

BTW, nice choice in optics sitting on top of that L2. Also, is that a BCM pistol grip? Did you cut the beaver tail off to fit?

by the way, if you are shopping for a bipod for your leshiy 2, note that the popular Atlas Cal will not fit on the short rail section of the receiver. the big cant lock lock lever that is one of the better features sticks back too far. you would have to modify it or have an extended lower rail.

luckily i have an accu-tac sr-5 that pops on and off very quickly, and fits with the leshiy in the case that came with my 10//22 takedown (lives in a backpack).

i had some samples of that self-stick wrap and just put it on for some basic protection from my grimy hands. not going for a look or anything but it isn't terrible.

casewCapture.1627842918.JPG

by the way, if you are shopping for a bipod for your leshiy 2, note that the popular Atlas Cal will not fit on the short rail section of the receiver. the big cant lock lock lever that is one of the better features sticks back too far. you would have to modify it or have an extended lower rail.

luckily i have an accu-tac sr-5 that pops on and off very quickly, and fits with the leshiy in the case that came with my 10//22 takedown (lives in a backpack).

i had some samples of that self-stick wrap and just put it on for some basic protection from my grimy hands. not going for a look or anything but it isn't terrible.

casewCapture.1627842918.JPG

It will if you have a different mounting plate than the ADM. I have a Larue on mine from before they came with mounts and it works fine. 

so i don't know if we are supposed to keep posting anything leshiy 2 related, so please tell me if not. maybe it is better to have most of it in one thread, but then it is so many pages, i doubt anyone is going to read them all (maybe i am wrong, lol).

anyway, i am new to the forums and i only have a leshiy 2 because the @#$%^&* "add to cart" button appeared on my umpteenth visit to the site (each time resisting the temptation to pre-order).

this must mean that many (several?) others must have received their leshiy and may be going through the same decisions as me.

so one of the first things i felt i needed to change was the grip, which was not a good fit for my hand. i tried the hogue grip that came on my fn scar, but the typical angle of AR style grip forces my wrist into the tank brace part of the buttstock. no bueno.

as a fix, i ordered this reduced angle grip from bravo company : BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Grip Mod 0. cost was $26, so pretty typical price for a grip, and it does have a compartment and locking cover built in for tools, pellets or whatever might fit in there. now i can pick up the leshiy 2 by the grip and it doesn't hit my wrist.

bcm-mod0Capture.1627954026.JPG

also comes in fde. i can link to the website (i am not affiliated) but not sure if frowned upon.

so i don't know if we are supposed to keep posting anything leshiy 2 related, so please tell me if not. maybe it is better to have most of it in one thread, but then it is so many pages, i doubt anyone is going to read them all (maybe i am wrong, lol).

anyway, i am new to the forums and i only have a leshiy 2 because the @#$%^&* "add to cart" button appeared on my umpteenth visit to the site (each time resisting the temptation to pre-order).

this must mean that many (several?) others must have received their leshiy and may be going through the same decisions as me.

so one of the first things i felt i needed to change was the grip, which was not a good fit for my hand. i tried the hogue grip that came on my fn scar, but the typical angle of AR style grip forces my wrist into the tank brace part of the buttstock. no bueno.

as a fix, i ordered this reduced angle grip from bravo company : BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Grip Mod 0. cost was $26, so pretty typical price for a grip, and it does have a compartment and locking cover built in for tools, pellets or whatever might fit in there. now i can pick up the leshiy 2 by the grip and it doesn't hit my wrist.

bcm-mod0Capture.1627954026.JPG

also comes in fde. i can link to the website (i am not affiliated) but not sure if frowned upon.

I haven't been here long but people seem to post vendor links all the time.

Good morning Ya’ll 

I placed my order last week and she is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I have been taking a look at what and how folks have been setting theirs up to see if anything really strikes my fancy. 

Right now I am going to keep her clean with a simple short range optic, Vortex Spitfire HD II x5. Depending on how it works from 5 yds to 100yds we will see if I add a holographic sight on 45* or not. I’ll be using her in the tractor cab on field rats, shooting steel and some paper. 

I am kinda disappointed that some don’t think it would be a good paper gun at 100yds. I’ll see for myself how she does. Maybe take a day to compare against some other rifles. 

Good morning Ya’ll 

I placed my order last week and she is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I have been taking a look at what and how folks have been setting theirs up to see if anything really strikes my fancy. 

Right now I am going to keep her clean with a simple short range optic, Vortex Spitfire HD II x5. Depending on how it works from 5 yds to 100yds we will see if I add a holographic sight on 45* or not. I’ll be using her in the tractor cab on field rats, shooting steel and some paper. 

I am kinda disappointed that some don’t think it would be a good paper gun at 100yds. I’ll see for myself how she does. Maybe take a day to compare against some other rifles. 

I mounted a spitfire 2 x5 on mine yesterday. I need to contort less than I did with a monstrum, but I'd still like the ocular about 1-2 inches further back. The last 3 slots or so on the pic rail are unusable because of the primary fold/release lever, and those slots would help a decent bit. I haven't been able to find the "right" cantilever picatinny extension online, and I'm likely not going to stick with the spitfire Ii anyways because parallax is fixed at 100 yards and it's a 5.56 BDC reticle.

Other than the above though, it's really close to being the perfect optic for this rifle IMHO. Great clarity, nice looking reticle for hunting, unbelievably small for the FoV and magnification.

I've also inquired with Brian about a spare lever -- he did say he didn't think sanding it down would work because it's apparently skeletonized on the gun facing side, so it would lose strength. Seems like an easy to fix design flaw if they had made that lever slightly lower -- the rounded top is what impinges something you try and mount there, and I think the rounding is just asthetic.