• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Mine shot awful out of the box too. I have a 250mm .22 cal. But with a Walther barrel. I changed a lot of things to get it in a good place! Mine came in a pretty much default set up as it was one of the first batches to be sent out. So 130bar reg, stamdard plenum and jets. One had a "7" marked in ink on it and the other no markings at all but I'd guess a .2, so whatever that means is anyone's guess! I am in the UK so a 2.5 mm puck was installed to bring the power down to sub 12ft pounds but with no air saving whatsoever so basically about 4 mags and done. On top of that the groupings were absolutely awful like yours, made only slightly better depending on pellet choice. I found JSB exact jumbo 15.89 gr worked best but still awful at 25 meters. I have since blocked off valve hole with a screw, fitted a 1.3 valve in the other (it says 1.3, it's the largest hole in the set) I run 2 regulators, one set at 100bar and the other at 70bar, both fitted to a standard plenum into a compact plenum respectively. Both of which go into a compact butt stock to keep the length as short as possible. I now have the groups down to less than 15mm with JSB jumbo exacts 15.89 gr.

20210716_211208.1626466351.jpg

Other pellets have tightened down too but I will say I do find my Leshiy 2 pellet fussy to the JSBs and will probably not shoot anything else through it.

Hi...I have a question on the magazine ( 2 of them) that comes with the gun.

I purchased the .30 calib very recently (about a week ago) from EdgunWest. The mags are all black. In pictures I see it red with white index numbers along the circle. Am I missing a red piece that is supposed to go around the black magazine? Checked the shipping box, to see if I missed it, but there is no such item. Any one here had this happen?

Looking through the accessories for the Leshiy 2 in the EdgunWest website, the mag is shown all in red, but not able to zoom in to see if there are index markings.

Thank you,

-Krish

Hi.. I accidentally pulled the trigger without any magazine loaded, when I was putting my Leishy 2 away. Realized there was no mag only later.

Will this cause any damage due to the sudden blast of air into the open chamber? Not sure where to look for any damage, to be honest.

Thank you,

-Krish

No damage was done other than the possibility that you might have lost your red power puck...check to see if it's still there and replace it with one of your spares if it's gone. Most of us have accidentally fired the L2 without the mag installed at one time or another so you're fine.

Appreciate the response. thank you. I did look around and found the power puck on the garage floor. Being bright red, it was easy to find. I think I mistakenly started a new message instead of replying to this. Not sure how to delete my other msg.

I have another question about the mags that came with my new Leshiy 2, which I posted separately. 

I purchased the .30 calib very recently (about a week ago) from EdgunWest. The mags are all black. In pictures I see it red with white index numbers along the circle. Am I missing a red piece that is supposed to go around the black magazine? Checked the shipping box, to see if I missed it, but there is no such item. Any one here had this happen?

Looking through the accessories for the Leshiy 2 in the EdgunWest website, the mag is shown all in red, but not able to zoom in to see if there are index markings.

Thank you,

-Krish

I don't know if they come with black magazines as standard now but they used to be red and now you have an option of black. I believe you can specify the colour you want now (black or red). You can also order handguards and moderator kits in red too depending on who you order from. The numbers on the magazines were, as far as I know, on early renders and possibly prototypes but I don't believe were ever on any magazines shipped out. You're not missing any parts that have the numbers on. 

My recent Leshiy came with black mags, I read the red ones eventually fade to pink.

thank you for the kind response.

Thank you,

-Krish

I don't know if they come with black magazines as standard now but they used to be red and now you have an option of black. I believe you can specify the colour you want now (black or red). You can also order handguards and moderator kits in red too depending on who you order from. The numbers on the magazines were, as far as I know, on early renders and possibly prototypes but I don't believe were ever on any magazines shipped out. You're not missing any parts that have the numbers on.

thank you for the detailed response. I ordered from EdgunWest and there is no choice with respect to mag color. Glad to know I am not missing any additional parts. 

With respect to handguards and mod kits (Valkyrie @EdgunWest), are they any better in reducing the dB level compared to the OEM? Mine is a .30, 350mm and I don't find it that quiet as shown in some YT videos. 

-Krish 

Not sure there is a sub-topic thread for accessories of L2. If so, my apologies for posting my query here. 

Can anyone suggest a good hard case for a folded L2 w/ 300ml bottle fitted and 12" X 2" scope attached? My measurements suggest something like 22" L x 12" W x 6" H or in that ballpark. 

I originally ordered a Plano 36" case ( https://www.opticsplanet.com/plano-molding-tactical-series-long-gun-case.html)  to store it fully extended, but returned it soon after, since it was not heavy-duty and the clamps came off easily while pressing down to latch. Also given how easy it is to flip the safety catch accidentally, it would not be safe to store it w/ mag, fully extended and ready to fire. 

Plano used to make cases with aluminum shell, but cannot find them anymore. Any and all suggestions are welcome. 

I am about to order a 350mm .22 barrel. I trying to decide between the Alpha and LW barrel. Looks like the LW barrels are choked and the Alpha barrels are not. My .30 Alpha barrel is extremely accurate so I leaning towards ordering the Alpha. I know that the .22 cal guns come standard with the LW barrel. Is there a reason Edgun chose the LW for .22 cal guns? Does anyone have experience with the .22 Alpha barrel?

I have .30 350mm barrel. Reg. pressure set at 150bar. Factory #2 jet with a screw plugging the second hole. JSB 50g shooting 820fps and 44.75g shooting 845fps. Both good for 3/4” groups at 50 yards. Very happy with this setup. I get 3 magazines with a 250bar fill. Went prairie dog hunting last weekend and boy did they pop when you hit them.

did you upgrade from the mod that came w/ the gun ?

thank you,

-Krish

Finally completed my Leshiy 2. Nice and quite. I made the custom shroud with couple of baffles to push the air back over the barrel so I can use a short DonnyFl’s Tatsu. 
D764D862-8601-4488-B123-18957AB0B84E.1618777205.jpeg
B4E28461-DD13-41B7-AB83-A87D965F52F7.1618777205.jpeg
CDB63EA7-0E39-4F8F-826B-6B79D2EF0C92.1618777205.jpeg

7EEEEE49-F78C-40A4-B92D-0355D549D523.1618777271.jpeg

92CDD9C5-63B7-48DD-B40E-B4E9F05CB49A.1618777205.jpeg
6E568BEA-DB74-40D8-875C-42D96090CDCA.1618777206.jpeg

19E21A51-EDB3-41A3-8843-B769C85798B0.1618777430.jpeg

Jack.. is that a magpul bipod? Are you able to fold and lock with bipod collapsed or not?

-Krish

Yes, it’s a Magpul M-Lok bipod. It’s as a hairline clearance when folded.

3EA20D92-CC79-4948-865A-7D65992FA3EA.1626644760.jpeg

I’ve also added a Arca railing underneath for tripod mounting. And it can still be folded. 

5CF78606-A525-48B0-8731-732F3B3AECF0.1626645016.jpeg

VALKYRIE Accessories

------------------------------

Anyone changed from 350mm/0.3 cal to 450mm/.3? If so did you choose one of the Valkyrie Accessories? I am trying to figure out the best one among the ones listed - Tishina/Shelest/Shopot/MOD40/MOD50. The description of the first one claims to be quietest in the EdgunWest website. 

I am looking to get more power and speed without losing accuracy. If anyone can share their experience w/ the upgrade, it would be very helpful. 

Thank you,

-Krish

I'm new to all this, been watching every Edgun video and reading every post I can find.

Please forgive me if this is common knowledge...

1. Where all (in the U.S.) can I purchase upgrades/accessories for my Leshiy 2? (Is EdgunWest my only option?)

2. Where / who (again, in the U.S.) is the best (helpful / knowledgeable) source for Edgun questions and tech help?

Thanks!

I’ve also added a Arca railing underneath for tripod mounting. And it can still be folded. 

5CF78606-A525-48B0-8731-732F3B3AECF0.1626645016.jpeg

Where did you got that extended picatinny/Nato rail? Is that Arca a separate piece or part of the long rail?

The rail extension is a Yankee Hill Machine Rail Extension (YHM-9473). The ACRA adapter is a Rekon Tripod Adapter Picatinny Rail to Arca-Swiss Mount RTA-1. Together these both make a very good combination. I use the same setup on my Delta Wolf also. 
EF53E761-2C8F-4E0B-B564-18A0EB965608.1626669248.jpeg

A9130A6A-0E82-4FEF-99F3-6025DB582640.1626669283.jpeg