• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

This was a 25 cal 250mm from the Factory the previous owner messed with the reg and had it turned up too high and it didn't cycle correctly all the time I had to turn it down so I dont know what its set at right now {wish I had a Reg Tester) and here's a pic of the valve it has one plug and the jet doesn't have any markings on it this is how it came from the Factory for .25 cal according to Francisco the jets should be 0.2 and 0.5 for 30 caliber. Accuracy is excellent but I shoot critters at 20 -35 yards I haven't shot it further then that yet

leshiy2 5.1625960845.PNG

Yeah, sometimes if I didn't release quick it seemed like there was dump, and tank pressure would shoot down quick but seemed sorta intermittent. Something definetly blew though. I've had regulators blow on me before (I've owned a number for aquarium stuff) and this was a little different. The air pulsed out for a while and then a slow steady leak to 0.

Yeah, sometimes if I didn't release quick it seemed like there was dump, and tank pressure would shoot down quick but seemed sorta intermittent. Something definetly blew though. I've had regulators blow on me before (I've owned a number for aquarium stuff) and this was a little different. The air pulsed out for a while and then a slow steady leak to 0.

Hopefully this helps...

https://youtu.be/2Uxt8zdRWMM

So, I ran some pellets over the Chrono (well, through the chrono, since its an FX Doppler radar unit) tonight to see what I was getting. The gun is quite accurate at 25 yards, although not quite the hole-in-hole that I get from my FX Crowns and Impacts. With the JSB KIng 25.39 grain I am getting an average of 891 FPS or 44.8 Ft Lbs and a spread of 16 (1.8%) with an SD of 5.8. The FX 34 grain pellets give me an average of 789 FPS or 47.0 Ft Lbs with a spread of 11 (1.4%) and an SD of 3.9

I have not touched a thing since opening the box, but I did wonder if this was typical.

Tomorrow I’ll put on the 300cc bottle and also try out the HUMa Mod40 silencer, since, yes, this baby is loud. Especially in the basement at 10:30 PM. I guess I won’t be shooting after the wife goes to sleep……

Chris

Yes, I had this problem the first time I tried changing to new valves with less dwell time (bigger holes, shooting sub 12ft pounds) . I doubt it's a regulator problem. If you adjusted the trigger stop at all I'd try to reset that back to where it was before. Then I would take a look at your valves, make sure the springs are okay and the stems aren't bent or anything, and also look at the valve ends where they meet with the springs to see if there's any surface damage. Give them all a wipe before reassembly if all looks okay. After you reassemble the valves check the pin the trigger pushes in. Unscrew the silver plate the valves sit in but keep that white dome bit on. A silver flat pin will fall out and you should be able to push the trigger pin out, which should have a spring and a black plastic bead on it. If that bead isn't there or comes out in bits then that's definitely a problem and will need replacing. Another thing to check is under the plastic dome part the flat pin sits in. It connects to the silver plate with friction from an O ring. If you gently pull it out a tiny (ceramic I think) bead is in there that sits on tiny hole. Check that that's there and not damaged and give the surfaces a wipe as it can get a film of fine greyish muck in there. If all seems fine reassemble everything and test fire again.

I will say that when this happened to me I saw no noticeable physical damage to any parts, however with the new valves, the problem reoccured after 3 or four mags, a combination of dumping air like the valve wasn't shutting properly and the magazine not cycling. When I went back to old valves the problem went away. However, the old valves were no good to me as the dwell time was way too long. In the end I put a screw in one valve hole and used one biggest diameter valve I had, a 1.3mm, in the other hole. I have had absolutely no issues since. 

Yes, I had this problem the first time I tried changing to new valves with less dwell time (bigger holes, shooting sub 12ft pounds) . I doubt it's a regulator problem. If you adjusted the trigger stop at all I'd try to reset that back to where it was before. Then I would take a look at your valves, make sure the springs are okay and the stems aren't bent or anything, and also look at the valve ends where they meet with the springs to see if there's any surface damage. Give them all a wipe before reassembly if all looks okay. After you reassemble the valves check the pin the trigger pushes in. Unscrew the silver plate the valves sit in but keep that white dome bit on. A silver flat pin will fall out and you should be able to push the trigger pin out, which should have a spring and a black plastic bead on it. If that bead isn't there or comes out in bits then that's definitely a problem and will need replacing. Another thing to check is under the plastic dome part the flat pin sits in. It connects to the silver plate with friction from an O ring. If you gently pull it out a tiny (ceramic I think) bead is in there that sits on tiny hole. Check that that's there and not damaged and give the surfaces a wipe as it can get a film of fine greyish muck in there. If all seems fine reassemble everything and test fire again.

I will say that when this happened to me I saw no noticeable physical damage to any parts, however with the new valves, the problem reoccured after 3 or four mags, a combination of dumping air like the valve wasn't shutting properly and the magazine not cycling. When I went back to old valves the problem went away. However, the old valves were no good to me as the dwell time was way too long. In the end I put a screw in one valve hole and used one biggest diameter valve I had, a 1.3mm, in the other hole. I have had absolutely no issues since.

Thanks for the detailed post.

I emailed Brian after it happened and he confirmed it was the valve sticking open. His suggestion was to run some air through it and work the valve manually till it sealed. I ended up just tearing the valve down and reassembling (none of the parts you mentioned had issues, though there was some muck, as you said, in the chamber which I cleaned out.)

After reassembly, holding air again :)

Brian did warn against riding the trigger -- I guess this sticking open is a potential problem if the pushrod is engaged for too long. Probably worth new owners being aware of. Similar to the stuff in the video @peskadot671 posted.

No idea if it made a difference in my case or not but I was dry firing -- manual says dry fire is alright though : /

Reactions: Deepbass9

As an addendum -- for any one who takes their valve apart -- be really mindful of the small ceramic sphere that sits inside the chamber that @888 mentions above.

It is SMALL.

I think if you have the inserts and find the noise difference a lot quieter than stock then it probably won't get much better than that to be honest, especially with a 250 barrel. I haven't tried or bought more stacks for my Mod50, which may possibly reduce noise further, but I fear it wouldn't have the near silent effect you're probably after. I think it's because of the nature of the gun being quite open at the back unlike breech fed mechanisms more than anything. I would guess the Mod50 to be slightly quieter than the stock with inserts but probably not by much, especially if you're running 130 plus on your regulator with a 250 barrel. I have run a 600mm barrel in .22 with a pretty standard 1/2 inch UNF moderator and found it actually a lot quieter than the M50 on my 250mm barrel, bur still nothing near as quiet with that same moderator on one of my breech load guns, which would be silent down to a barely audible, "click".

As for the regs. As we're limited to 12ft pounds here in the UK our set ups are generally about shot count with accuracy and regs generally set at 70bar or less for the Leshiy 2. So that's 70bar reg holding off 250 to 300bar fill. I've taken to tinkering a little, mainly because you can with this rifle and was intrigued by a the new FX set ups with double regs, and seeing as the leshiy plenums can basically screw into one another thought I'd give it a try and see if it would take a little pressure off the 70 bar reg by reducing it to 100 bar first with this set up. It really does seem to work. I'm getting really consistent chrono readings and really tight groups.

I have tinkered quite a bit since I first received this gun. I was quite disappointed in it's performance at first. I got among the early batch shipped out in Europe so they were basically a standard configuration with regs set at 130bar and the ft pounds determined by the size of the puck when it arrived. So you can imagine I was getting probably 3 magazines worth per fill, which is awful for 12ft pounds! So much air was being dumped! The accuracy was also all over the place. Anyway, since then I've adjusted the reg down, adjusted jet sizes, and concluded that 1 jet with a screw was best, and reduced plenum sizes and feel I've found a really excellent combination for my set up.

I installed the 250mm insert from Raxim last night and it makes the gun noticeably quieter while dry firing -- still loud but not a crack any more. Makes me somewhat hopeful that the 350mm insert for the 250mm barrel will bring it to a happy spot. It's got, well, 100mm more baffles than the 250 :p -- basically turns the 350mm moderator into a big shroud/moderator for the 250mm barrel but would end up being about the same price as the hornet if you bought the 350mm moderator new + the insert.

Yeah, I think so long as you dampen the shock waves from that initial, "crack" then you're good. It tends to be that crack that echoes and rings causing the main noise problem. I tend to shoot mine from quite an enclosed area so the M50 stops a lot of that ringing and brings the noise down quite a bit. If you're outdoors in an open area and pushing pellets or slugs through it I imagine it'll be quieter still and more than acceptable for what you want to use it for. 

Also fwiw, my 0.25/250mm came with two 0.2 jets. I'll be able to Chrono sometime in the next month and I'll hold off till then to play with the reg -- no idea what it's set at now but I assume 130.

I think using two 0.2 jets is probably not air efficient and maybe increasing your L2 loudness. My L2 .25 350mm came with 0.2 and 0.5 jets at 127 bar and was shooting JSB 25gr at 890fps and 34gr at 810 FPS. Unless you need the increased power I would think you would be better served running two 0.4 or 0.4 and 0.5.

Also fwiw, my 0.25/250mm came with two 0.2 jets. I'll be able to Chrono sometime in the next month and I'll hold off till then to play with the reg -- no idea what it's set at now but I assume 130.

I think using two 0.2 jets is probably not air efficient and maybe increasing your L2 loudness. My L2 .25 350mm came with 0.2 and 0.5 jets at 127 bar and was shooting JSB 25gr at 890fps and 34gr at 810 FPS. Unless you need the increased power I would think you would be better served running two 0.4 or 0.4 and 0.5.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll double check the numbers next time it is full degassed but I'm pretty sure it was 2 * 0.2...

Is there a link somewhere of info different combos of jets/reg settings?