• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Dual Caliber Quick Change Setupe:

For a short time I had two Leshiy 2s because I wanted a low power .22 and high power .30 setup. But the reg and nozzles used different settings. Also discovered the larger plenum will definitely give a 10fpe boost on a .30/450mm setup. Just makes it annoying enough switching back and forth that two guns made sense in every way except financially as there was additional cost for second scope and mounts and accessories for the rail, etc. So I sold my second Leshiy 2 and went a different route to reduce cost.

EdGun Dual Cal - 1.1625428568.jpeg

I now have 2 barrels and two simple to swap valve setups. The high power setup is using the stock reg set at 160 bar with 0.2mm/0.3mm nozzles and the larger plenum. The lower power .22 setup has a Huma reg, 0.3mm/0.8mm nozzles and a standard plenum. 

Swapping calibers is now as easy as drain air from tank, swap barrels while air is bleeding, swap reg/plenum/valve setup and refill. Longest part of the whole process is draining the air. 

Reactions: tnbndr

For a short time I had two Leshiy 2s because I wanted a low power .22 and high power .30 setup. But the reg and nozzles used different settings. Also discovered the larger plenum will definitely give a 10fpe boost on a .30/450mm setup. Just makes it annoying enough switching back and forth that two guns made sense in every way except financially as there was additional cost for second scope and mounts and accessories for the rail, etc. So I sold my second Leshiy 2 and went a different route to reduce cost.

I now have 2 barrels and two simple to swap valve setups. The high power setup is using the stock reg set at 160 bar with 0.2mm/0.3mm nozzles and the larger plenum. The lower power .22 setup has a Huma reg, 0.3mm/0.8mm nozzles and a standard plenum. 

Swapping calibers is now as easy as drain air from tank, swap barrels while air is bleeding, swap reg/plenum/valve setup and refill. Longest part of the whole process is draining the air.

Hey Sean, a while back you recommended .3/.7mm nozzles for the .22 caliber setup I’m wondering does the .3/.8mm better with the HUMA regulator? Is the HUMA regulator better for lower power tune? I’m still trying to workout my regulator creeps with the lower power tune as it creeped from 75 bar to 85 bar with the Leshiy 2 seating overnight. What’s your .22 caliber tune? 

Has anyone actually measured and seen data to say this first shot phenomenon is reg creep? I had the first shot phenomenon as well, but it has nearly completely gone away on its own. I measured with the reg tester early on and did not see actual reg creep on the tester. First pellet after sitting overnight would be high right...

I am likely wrong, but have convinced myself that the first shot phenomenon may be linked to the small check valves under the nozzles. Perhaps they have seated in with use???

With the Huma reg’s piston and Belleville stack being so small, doesn’t it incrementally increase plenum volume some with just a reg swap?

I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I enjoy the heck out of mine. I put the NF back on as I have been doing some shooting at longer ranges for several weeks. I have not pulled the trigger on the March shorty yet, but am awfully tempted.

A6B7D60E-36E6-4545-8E2F-2CE21B888FC4.1625486958.jpeg

How much rezeroing is required doing this? I was contemplating something similar.

Do you change pucks between calibers or use the same for both? I have a .30 high power setup and considering buying a .22 setup like yours. How much quieter is the .22 setup?

@Larcat - I'm within 1 Mil when I swap between barrels.

Wow, that's really impressive. Any particular precautions you are taking or just:

Loosen four bolts.

Pull barrel.

Drop in new barrel.

Tighten four bolts.

Swap reg.

That's really pretty much it. I do have the barrels indexed with a Sharpie point so I have them turned the same each time. 

man I really like this Leshiy 2 but I keep throwing money at it. I have as you know the .30 x 350mm and the .22 x 250mm and have worked up my favorite tunes on both similar to you, but just have kept it with the .30 this summer as I have my new Dreamline .22 now that shoots the Hades really good at 930 FPS! My Leshiy doesn’t like Hades in .22 or .30 but does OK with the H&N hunter and barracudas and FX Hybrids. I do want to change the Leshiy to the .22 come this fall squirrel season as in PA you can not hunt squirrels with anything over .22 and I prefer the Leshiy for hunting / stalking . I really like your system of an extra valve/reg set up for a quick change but I only see me changing it once a year, so..... I’ll hold off spending any more on it for now. For what it’s worth my high first shot problem isn’t a problem since I took the reg apart and polished the washers with 3000 grit paper on a piece of glass and lubed and reassembled. I tested with the tester and it held the same pressure over night . I even fired it a few times and retested and it held the pressure. Does anyone know if Brian has those regulator stickers Ed showed in his video?
18665366-5D79-47A9-9ECE-E79A9DA5FBBF.1625519692.jpeg

@CTshooter, I think I’m going to have to follow your lead and get a second value setup. I generally stick to .25, find it to be a good all around cal. I have 350mm and 450mm barrels. Last month I switched over to shooting .177 with a 350mm barrel for quiet pesting around the house. Today I just switched L2 over .30 cal with a custom FX STX 600mm barrel.

57633165-2921-4F6B-A774-0EC64E26820E.1625766032.jpeg

@CTshooter, I think I’m going to have to follow your lead and get a second value setup. I generally stick to .25, find it to be a good all around cal. I have 350mm and 450mm barrels. Last month I switched over to shooting .177 with a 350mm barrel for quiet pesting around the house. Today I just switched L2 over .30 cal with a custom FX STX 600mm barrel.

57633165-2921-4F6B-A774-0EC64E26820E.1625766032.jpeg

I recognize this barrel🙂👍👍👍