• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I am geting 130 shots per fill .22 16 gr jsb with the 350cc tank at 300 bar untill it starts droping at 100 m at aprox 270 ms

103 bar and 2x .8 jets 

Here is just a group shot yesterday at the range with ventilation on and next to some .308 power burners with rapid fire in 6 seconds and eight shots and
20210608_205347.1623347420.jpg
 only a bipod on the front end.first shots fell a little to the left ( my foult on the trigger )than it settled .

If i will rest on a bag at the back end and take my time to aim corretly the group size will be much smaller.

Groups of 6 cm are not un usual 

Trigger control is the main concern for getting smaller groups Is my experience .

Your groups may improve further if you use two regulators. One set a at about 130bar in a standard plenum going down to one set at 100bar in a compact plenum before the valve block. I'm already doing this with a standard regulator set at 130 and a huma regulator set at 100. The groups are amazing!

How did you set it up with two regs? One on the bottle?

No, the plenums can screw into each other. I got a compact butt stock to compensate for the length and added a compact plenum to a standard one (I can make it shorter still with two compact plenums together instead but this is actually fine length wise) each plenum has a regulator in it. 

20210610_191110.1623348721.jpg

I use the one original regulator for now , i don’t care about high power / speed .

Just good grouping up to 50m and decent up to a 100m with a high shotcount . 
my setting is good for 80 shots from aprox 215bar. With the LW 350 mm barrel

refills from a fill/ dive bottle upto 300 bar will happen rearly and a refill from 200 bar will still give 70 shots, this i find good enough for a semiauto. 
my tin’s are empty in notime.

dual reg’s work good as we shot like that for a long time at 100m competitions, we just used external reg’s to assist the internal reg’s .

for a leshiy i don’t bother, because than i would take the maverick .30 out for the longer ranges.

Like a lot of others have reported, I was also suffering from the hot 1st shot problem but I sorted the slow settle time/ hot 1st shot of the std reg without resorting to a Huma reg.

My std setup was giving 13.4 ftlb 1st shot then settling on 11.7 ftlb depending how long between shots.

I stripped the reg and lapped the high pressure inlet with the 0.3?mm hole into the Delrin shut off with jewellers rouge. The high pressure inlet now has a mirror finish on the shut off face. Cleaned everything off and reassembled. The reg now shuts off instantly instead of over 30- 40 seconds like it used to.

My 1st shot is now usually within a few fps for at least the 1st few mags and has very little spread until it drops off the reg at 70bar.

I haven't tested this at higher power levels above 18 ftlb but would think it would work even better. Ymmv

Reactions: gabrielmoreira
Pretty nice! Would love to have two guns. So to clarify, the first two shots shown at around the 850 fps were still in the phone from before you changed to 160 bar/ 30 cal/ single .2mm jet? Also how many shots did you get with that set up before coming off the reg? I have the 600mm barrel on and went to it from 450mm because I wanted over 900fps and could not get it from the 450mm barrel.

Over 900fps is doable even with a 350mm barrel, standard plenum, and standard nozzle setup (0.2mm + blocked), with reg pressure set to 180 bar or so. Not a very air efficient setup, only 25 shots with 44.75gr FX pellets at 905fps before coming off regulation (starting with 300 bar in a 330cc bottle), but hey, it's doable, 3 mags is plenty for me, and accuracy is decent. Haven't tried slugs yet.

Pretty nice! Would love to have two guns. So to clarify, the first two shots shown at around the 850 fps were still in the phone from before you changed to 160 bar/ 30 cal/ single .2mm jet? Also how many shots did you get with that set up before coming off the reg? I have the 600mm barrel on and went to it from 450mm because I wanted over 900fps and could not get it from the 450mm barrel.

Over 900fps is doable even with a 350mm barrel, standard plenum, and standard nozzle setup (0.2mm + blocked), with reg pressure set to 180 bar or so. Not a very air efficient setup, only 25 shots with 44.75gr FX pellets at 905fps before coming off regulation (starting with 300 bar in a 330cc bottle), but hey, it's doable, 3 mags is plenty for me, and accuracy is decent. Haven't tried slugs yet.

The larger plenum will help both the 350, 450 and 600mm barrels in .30. With the 450mm barrel I was able to go from a 0/0.2mm nozzle setup up to a 0/0.4mm setup and maintain the same power - that's pretty significant. 

I would go as far as to say it's mandatory for the 600mm barrel - that's a lot of air to push. The extra 15cc of plenum will help here. 

The larger plenum will help both the 350, 450 and 600mm barrels in .30. With the 450mm barrel I was able to go from a 0/0.2mm nozzle setup up to a 0/0.4mm setup and maintain the same power - that's pretty significant. 

I would go as far as to say it's mandatory for the 600mm barrel - that's a lot of air to push. The extra 15cc of plenum will help here.

Yes, but... With the larger plenum and the same nozzles, you'd be dumping more air, so naturally you'd have to adjust the dwell time to preserve the same power level. The real question is, how does the efficiency change with the large plenum but at the same power level?