• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Thanks for the response, Ed. The only claim here, which is really people talking about the shortcomings or "surprises" they found out after purchasing their barrels, is that when the barrels and kits with them were sold there was no indication they were not "complete". And people found out later after having poor results swapping barrels and came here to post what they found....then people started jumping on their backs for doing so. I'm saying you can't jump on people when their a little miffed that what they thought they were getting was not what they got. And that it took quite awhile for them to find out why. 

When customers that have already purchased an item and then have to sit with it on the sidelines not able to use it as it should and not having the info, etc....I do believe the last thing they want to hear is it's because their past purchase is not as important as the current round of purchases. I don't find it surprising, nor do I think anyone here does, that the preference is to sell whole guns at full price than 1-2 jets 5-6 months after purchases have been completed. $3K or $30...we know how businesses work. And I think everyone, myself include, wants Edgun to reap the profits of this outstanding rifle to invest in future great things. That's how the wheel turns. So we all get the 95/5% rule, as well as pushing out guns instead of jets. No one is saying great harm has been done...hell these are airguns not life support systems!

This gun is easily configured...it's amazingly so. I think many of us can't give you enough credit to that. But I don't think it complaining, griping, crying, whining to ask...why weren't the jets sold with the kits in the first place so that the barrels worked at the powers for the caliber and lengths they were intended. No a tuning kit. Not playing around to tweak. Just the correct parts to make use the items purchased. Heck...no one even knew they didn't get them/they existed for months.

That's what's getting talked about here. Not that anyone got "ripped off" or sold a "bill of goods" or whatever else people are making it out to be. No one is asking about "all those configurations" in this sub-thread. They've simply asked why they didn't get what they needed to use what they bought when they bought it...we all would pay for it.

And I have to ask 😁 of course 😊 did no one attach anything to the m-lok rail with the Tishina shroud and mod attached? Leatherman would not let me get away without asking that of you! 😎 On my gun, there is no room to install anything without digging into the shroud.

Again, to be clear here Ed...no one is saying they got ripped. They said they didn't understand and it seemed strange to get the barrels without the jets...and then the "you want something for free...you're an entitled whiner....blah, blah, blah" started to get spouted. I'm saying I agree that they should have come with them for the points I have listed. Anyone can try to argue against them. I have yet to hear a winning argument. And I love my L2 to, as my daughter would say, "the moon and back and back to the moon and back again!"

Thanks for making it for us and I hope you receive this with the respect it was written to you and the AGN community.

I am growing up to quickly, that is the main reason. I just have no time even to think about something rather than production. I hope nobody thinks that was made especially? :) Anyhow I am very greatfull for all your support, critics and sharing the view how it should be. I try to take it all into consideration...

Not I. 

Should be vs could be vs is....we pay taxes and die...and can raise our voices still for now. It's not about what happened, it's about what we do when things happen that separate the humans from the people. 'cause, brother....things is always happening!

Happy NY to all and let's make it a RED 2021 with our L2's!!!

Ed - thanks for jumping in and clearing things up. While people may grunt about having to buy the nozzles, I don't that's been the point here. FX makes you buy extra stuff and so do plenty of other vendors. Knowledge is power and I guess we felt the batteries going dead without being in the 'know'.

I guess for the other 95% of the people who don't want to tinker with their L2s I'll have to preface all of my posts with "Tinker Alert: Purists and those with online egos the size of Texas and/or a 2x4 still lodged rectally should either skip this post or hide me."

download.1609791641.jpeg

Ed is a great businessman, I have HUGE respect for his no nonsense, in your face honesty. And the quality and inovation of his designs, need no introduction.

Perhaps the "extra barrels" should have awaited release, until after Ed and his team could take the time to gather and produce all the appropriate information for the tuners.

We all hate waiting for our toys though, I certainly do. But It might have avoided some of the frustration, and made for a smoother roll out for the 5% who want to change things up. IDK.

I'm pre-order #370, July 30th .22 long. Can't wait!!

Scott

Personally, I'm pretty good about seeing both sides of most issues. I don't consider myself a tinkerer and don't go to the extremes I've seen many other go to to customize their stuff and/or squeeze every last bit of performance out of anything I own. However, on a gun with some adjustability to it like the FX Impact or Leshiy 2 - I do make the effort to get it initially set up how I want it in terms of caliber, length, fps, etc. and, once that's done, that's how it will likely stay for the rest of the time I own it.

For people to say that you should just blindly take the Leshiy 2 out of the box and shoot it as is, don't touch a single thing and don't ask any questions - that is doing a disservice to the gun given that there are so many different options and combinations of things you can do to it. I get that many/most people want to just be able to take something out of the box and shoot it - hell, outside of my Impacts and Leshiy 2, the ONLY thing I typically do to any other rifle I own is buy extra magazines for it and wrap some part(s) of it in carbon fiber wrap . . . that's it. And that's all I want to do 99% of the time.

I've been hooked on Edguns since I got my first single shot R2 (the one shown in my avatar) about a decade ago and have always had at least one Edgun in my safe at any given time while other brands rotate in and out every year. I'm a big fan of Ed and his straightforward "I'll let my guns do the talking, buy them if you want or don't - I don't care" attitude because you can't argue with the quality of his products. And I love that he's one of the few manufacturers that actively engages with us here on these forums. 

That said, Ed does not make a perfect gun because, well, one doesn't exist. No one makes a perfect gun or else we all would just buy that one and everyone else would go out of business. So if there's anything that needs to be discussed and/or improved, I state it objectively - just as I would for an FX or Daystate or AGT or Taipan model . . . so there's no favoritism or prejudice for or against any manufacturer. If I fork out $2k for a product, I feel I have the right to point out what's great and what's not so great about it. Others doing that about other items have helped me in my own purchase decisions and I only look to return the favor for others that might find it useful.

What I don't get are the couple of thugs here and elsewhere that take it upon themselves to defend Ed's guns at all cost and do so through abrasive, condescending and personal attacks to anyone that even remote says anything that is not 1001% positive about an Edgun. Ed's doing fine without your blind, cult-like allegiance - in fact, he's way better than you are at stating his case. The points these guys try to make can have a lot of validity to them but when everything is relayed through some form of a personal attack, the message is much less likely get across. The old saying that you get a lot more flies with honey than vinegar rings true here.

If you point out that the magnetic magazine cover is pain in the ass and could be improved - does that automatically disqualify you as an Edgun fan? If you state that the Leshiy 2 is loud (which it can be), is that somehow a dig against Ed himself? No, of course not - and I assume that other prospective buyers would want to know these things as they consider their own purchase. 

What's the point of these forums if you can't exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions without people attempting to shame and ridicule you for it? It's a sad state of affairs when others have communicated with me privately to ask questions or share thoughts because they were afraid to post publicly in fear of the backlash they might get if they said/asked the wrong thing.

Reactions: SHOMER

"Alert: Purists and those with online egos the size of Texas and/or a 2x4 still lodged rectally should either skip this post or hide me."

download.1609791641.jpeg

What's the point of these forums if you can't exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions without people attempting to shame and ridicule you for it?

Amen x2, gentlemen. Always a pleasure to see rationale rule over rash.

And I don't want to justify myself, not at all! But, please consider the situatian with the additional barrels and other accesories impartially! I mean this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jkZJUltrL8

Everybody just forgets that accesories are not my product! :) No doubt I will tear apart anybody who would dare to say something wrong against Oksana, but, the fact is, you cannot find the accesories at my site, as well as I don't offer them, though I know them, part of them are stored in my wharehouse and so on. That is completely different project, lead not by me :) I wil do my best to help Oksana to make it as perfect as possible, for sure. 

As for the post comparing the price in Russia and USA -- no problem, just come to Russia, buy them (if you can do that free, since the waiting line for them is up to March now) and take them from Russia first and then come with it in USA. За морем телушка полушка -- да рубль перевоз...

I recommend you to buy L2 directly from Russia. It is much cheaper there.

Taxes? Fair enough. Just check the price of R5M with a walnut stock: 

https://edgunpiter.ru/product/pnevmaticheskie-vintovki-edgun/

89k rubles 

Then check L2 price there:

https://edgunpiter.ru/product/leshij-2/

79k rubles 

How about the prices in the states? Here they are:

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/edgun-r5m-matador/

1705 dollars

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/edgun-leshiy-2/

2049 dollars

So why on earth Leshiy 2 is more expensive than R5M in the states wheres it is opposite in Russia? Does L2 have higher taxes than R5M?

I thought most of you order from Russia that is why I thought 300 pieces of L2 is a high number for a shop in the states.

hands down the dumbest comment in this thread so far

As far as the m-loc issues mentioned above. I posted how it can be resolved by trimming off the nut and shortening the screw. A simple task.

I understand you didn't mind doing this, LM. There are probably many others, too. But the argument that keeps getting pushed is this was "use it as it came". Can't be both ways, but it is isn't it....

Would you buy the "tow hitch" or the "alloy wheels" from your dealership and then go home and install the wiring harness or new hubs on the vehicle yourself? And be happy? Or would you expect those items, sold to you as an OEM add on, would work as they were intended? I bought a Magpul m-lok 45 degree mount for $30. Case hardened screws, not the Chinese screws that came with the L2....and now I have to grind them and the T-nuts down? That's like taking a 6th lug off my wheel hub to fit a 5 bolt pattern rim on there....no? 

Small, large, however you want to look at it...I don't have an m-lok rail that's usable on my set up. And taking the shroud off the moderator blows lead dust in your face and makes the gun 2x louder. I appreciate that on the surface, yeah...ANYTHING can be cobbled at home. I paid $5 bills, my man. For a working setup. That's all and no argument to the contrary is going to change that you don't get that in that package. If this is Mr. NML's "entitled whinying" so be it. I don't see the same issues in the AR15 world and I think that my time as a customer paying top dollar for the latest and greatest, of which the m-lok is not even a part of as it's been around for a while, should be valued and worth something to those that I'm handing my cash. I know my wife and kids value the time I spend with them over the time I spend trying to fix other people's mistakes for which I don't get paid....you feel me?

Deepbass

I feel you. It’s obvious when who ever designed the after market Valkyrie aluminum forearms , they sized them to fit the Leshiy 2 action but failed to check on the clearance of the m-loc T-nut and screw to the barrel shrouds . The M-loc T-nut is designed for use on many much larger framed weapons with larger diameter forearms so there are no clearance issues with them. . I can see that happening easily. I have been involved in designing products most of my career and learned early that function is always first ahead of form or looks but form and looks are so many times made priority and results in less than adequate function. Also a lot of after market products are made to fit numerous applications and thus some modifications are in order to make them fit. No I’m not going to go into an automobile analogy. Sooooo we have our great looking Leshiy 2 with the cool after market tactical forearm. Are you going to grind that 1/16“ off the m-loc T-nut?