• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Hey Yen, tell us how you bought a new L2, sold it, then bought a used one and now expect the same level of service from the dealer as if you were the original buyer. 
Go on. 🤣😂🤣

LOL, Paul - what would you like to know? I didn't sell my original Leshiy 2. And like you, I've purchased multiple Edguns from Brian. And how do you know what my expectations are? I contacted Brian asking a question to resolve an issue - I didn't ask for or demand anything. Brian told me what the likely resolution might be but he doesn't have the replacement part in stock.

But, again, you're smarter than all the rest of us and continue to come in here looking to brow-beat people with your holier than thou attitude. If we're all such whiners that are so far below your level and not worthy of your time, why do you keep wasting your time in these threads?

Reactions: SHOMER
Joe, can you post the nozzle table again or what page it's on in this long ass thread lol? Thanks.

C044CAD6-9A1F-491F-8F8B-DDBD0883277D.1609724319.jpeg

Hey Yen, tell us how you bought a new L2, sold it, then bought a used one and now expect the same level of service from the dealer as if you were the original buyer. 
Go on.
1f923.svg
1f602.svg
1f923.svg

LOL, Paul - what would you like to know? I didn't sell my original Leshiy 2. And like you, I've purchased multiple Edguns from Brian. And how do you know what my expectations are? I contacted Brian asking a question to resolve an issue - I didn't ask for or demand anything. Brian told me what the likely resolution might be but he doesn't have the replacement part in stock.

But, again, you're smarter than all the rest of us and continue to come in here looking to brow-beat people with your holier than thou attitude. If we're all such whiners that are so far below your level and not worthy of your time, why do you keep wasting your time in these threads?

My mistake. You returned it to Brian for a full refund. You sold it back to him 🤦‍♂️

I found a .25 slug that fits the magazine without sliding through. More to follow once I re-install the .25 barrel and test them out.

Leshiy .25 slug fit - 1.1609633347.jpeg

Leshiy .25 slug fit - 2.1609633354.jpeg

Well no point in hiding in any magic here. These were the AVS .2513 hollow base slugs. They were staying pretty tight indoors at 13 yards so I had some hope for them. Took them outside to 46 yards and not so great. The 32 grain (910fps) held together within an inch or so group but threw one flier 2" out. The 34 grain (900fps) was slinging them all over the 4" target. It wasn't pretty. Just to make sure it wasn't me I put through a round of JSB .25 34gr MkII @900fps and once re-sighted they were holding really tight. 

I'm now on the fence of trying the cup, dish or flat base .2513. Also considering trying the .254 which the AVS website FAQ says works well in the Cricket which I believe is an un-choked .25 barrel.

When you posted you found .25 slugs it didn’t fall out of the magazine my guess was they were the AVS slugs. I tested them in my Vulcan and cricket. They are really tight fitting in the breach. I did not find them very accurate at all. The guy that makes them has a modified Cricket barrel. The standard Cricket CZ barrel is choked.

Does not every Edgun post speeds with a pellet weight? 

20210103_214312.1609728316.jpg

Isn't max power derived from projectile weight and velocity? Isn't the latter a matter of air flow and barrel length in a PCP?

Screenshot_20210103-211859_Chrome.1609726939.jpg

How many jets are we talking about per caliber/barrel? How much cost in currency or in documentation/labor or whatever else got mentioned is incurred for how many number of jets?

Who gets off feeling like he's entitled to put people down...and why?

Let's keep the conversation real. 2 jets or less. Not 12 or 20 or the tweaker's 100.

Let's not beleaguer this thread with this side bar any further. The point has been made and backed up. I'd rather be reading about people shooting poop 😁

Go on.
1f923.svg
1f602.svg
1f923.svg

My mistake. You returned it to Brian for a full refund. You sold it back to him 🤦‍♂️

And that's not my right to do so as a customer if I wasn't happy at that time with at $2500 rifle? I could've easily sold it for full retail (in fact, at that time, I'm sure there would've been some that would've paid over retail for it if given the opportunity) had I listed it on the Classifieds but I did what I thought was the right thing and asked Brian if he wanted it back. I didn't twist his arm, he said it would actually help him out if I sent it back so that was the agreement we came to. 

I've known Brian since long before he became an Edgun dealer and we chose route that was beneficial to us both. How or why you're trying to use this as a dig I just don't understand - but, hey, that's what you do so keep doing you.

My biggest beef is the lack of information in the manual and from the manufacturer. All my regulated guns I have bought have had instructions on how to and how not to adjust the regulator and hammer spring. They also had videos immediately reviewing the in’s and outs so new owners had all the information they needed to make the gun what they wanted when they received it. On the new Leshiy manual There wasn’t any information or of a limit high or low for adjusting the regulator. The manual only listed the factory reg setting for each caliber but nothing about different size factory installed nozzles in each caliber. We didn’t even know about the nozzles until 3 months later when Brian told us these guns are very TUNEABLE and parts were coming . Meanwhile we who had multiple barrels in different calibers are in the dark as to how we were going to be able to adjust the power other than the regulator which we knew wasn’t going to do it alone. Everything I have learned about changing the reg and how the nozzles work on this gun has come from owners on this forum who have learned by either their relationship with a dealer or by their own experimenting . Meanwhile the factory says they will supply all the information but are too busy and we continue to wait . This just blows my mind how a manufacturer can expect this to be good for them with customers coming mostly through forums like this one. Brian , you shouldn’t have to take any blame . It was a mistake on Ed’s part not to be up front with the information we have been waiting for. Also your analogy doesn’t hold much water. I believe we were sold a fully loaded product based on all the teaser videos from Ed and friends. No where was it mentioned that the Leshiy 2 was only designed to shoot only pellets in the mid to upper 800 FPS range unless it was in one of the videos without sub titles. Then we shouldn’t have been shown all those videos showing very impressive power from this new hammerless valve system. If you advertise it then you have to deliver it. You say Ed warned you about giving us the tools to make changes to our guns ??? Then I say Ed doesn’t know our market but I know better. There will always be two sides , the majority are those who are happy with their air rifle shooting pellets at optimum speeds under 900 FPS , target shooters and back yard plinkers and pest control, and those who want to shoot heavy pellets or slugs at as fast as they can, hunters and long range bench competitors and those who just thrive on more power. Today the market in the upper price point demands a system that can do both and has started to be filled with guns in the under $500 range. 
So I’ll end by saying I love my Leshiy 2 and I know it will do everything that we have seen and heard about it. It just shouldn’t have to take over 6 months to get instructions on how to change the power settings when changing out a new caliber barrel that you paid for and received with the gun. We all have to also realize that the 250mm and even the 350mm barrels are a very big limiting factor on how fast we will be able to push heavy pellets and especially slugs. So keep that in mind guys the Leshiy 2 was originally meant to be like the original , a compact field gun but with more bells and whistles . Maybe it would have been best to just keep it that way ? As far as the m-loc issues mentioned above. I posted how it can be resolved by trimming off the nut and shortening the screw. A simple task. So not really a serious issue. Yes it should have been mentioned up front but I didn’t see any guns from Valkyrie running m-loc accessories so maybe they didn’t know there would be a problem. You might also be able to remove the shroud and just attach the moderator to gain enough clearance but check that you don’t get pellet clipping the moderator. You will also need to add about a 1/2” riser to the 45 degree m-loc picatinny rail if adding most red dot sights so be prepared for that if needed. Brian I can’t imagine what your going through. Keep up the good work and keep us informed here. We all don’t subscribe to Instagram. 

If using the analogy of an automobile to compare to the Leshiy is wrong but if we are to use an automobile then let me try this one. Let’s say I purchased a SUV and did not buy the tow hitch attachment at the time of delivery and later I have a need to tow a trailer so I buy the tow hitch kit and come home to install it but the car didn’t come with the wiring harness for the trailer to plug it in. You get the picture... I’m not try to swap out transmission on the new SUV. 

Going back to airguns. Let’s say I swap out my .30 cal Impact which was tuned with the regulator/hammer spring/valve set to shoot a 44gr pellet at 850 FPS to a .22 cal barrel kit and don’t have a way to adjust the hammer spring/valve but just lower the regulator pressure. What will happen? It will still shoot but wasting too much air and a very loud airgun.
This is exactly what’s happening with my L2. The valve is set to push a 44gr pellet to 830 FPS now with the .22 barrel installed that same valve is opening long enough to dump that much air for a 44gr pellet for a little 15.9gr pellet. The L2 still shoots but it pops like a .30 cal and use just as much air after the pellet has already left the barrel. So on a interchangeable platform fine tune is needed with a barrel swap just as I would do for my Impact when I swap barrel. 

I’ve been reading many of the informative tunes from many members here and I have learned a lot from many of you here.

@ctshooter— Thank you for the jet combination different tunes. Once I get that second set of spring/valve I will be able use the jets I have to save some air on my .22 cal tune. 
Joe- great chart for the jet sizes 

Let’s use this thread to learn how to make the most out of our L2 instead of criticizing people on what they are trying to optimize their airgun. 

Fellas, got my Leshiy 2 a few days ago... All I gotta say, the wait was well worth it. Was it worth every penny I paid for it? I dunno. But I'll tell you one thing - I haven't had this much fun with an airgun since fired my first Benjamin decades ago. I'm grinning like a little kid again - It's that much fun. So maybe it's worth all those pennies. 

For those still waiting on their L2 - the best thing you can do (other than read this forum and others like it over and over... yes, I was there too), is to go stock up on pellets! And extra air, if that's possible. You will go through a LOT in no time. If you can afford it, stock up on extra mags too. Sure, there's speed loaders and such, but extra mags in the hand are such MUST for the Leshiy2 IMHO.

Are there issues? Yeah - I wish it came with 8 mags and 500cc's of air. Wish it didn't bark so loud in it's stock form. But hey, then It wouldn't be the packable little fun gun that it is! Now go, go stock up on some extra ammo!

Good morning from the Netherlands everyone and I believe I am now caught up.

From what I have seen is a main theme of lack of initial basic information, i.e. how to de-gas the gun even though the feature to do it was built in and it is quite easy. Ed has admitted they were behind the ball on this one, so a thumbs up 👍 to Ed for this admission.

Also, maybe some things were lost in translation. On page 19 of the L2’s manual says Adjusting Trigger which eludes to you can, but then says you can’t. I would have just made the Title - Trigger and leave the remaining text, with some warning about what could happen if you do try to adjust the trigger. Yes, very good videos on how to “maintain / tweak / adjust / etc” have come out from Bryan and Francisco after the guns were released.

If the gun wasn’t meant to be tunable I don’t see how Tim was shooting a 25 cal in his very urban backyard because of the noise. My .177 / 350 mm is pretty noisy thus why I lowered regulator pressure. Also, I think Tim using b-role footage in his videos because, I thought, I saw two variants of the L2, OEM and a Valkyrie kit with a moderator on end. Tim’s videos are to entertain and to promote or “inform” (call it what you want) about the brands on his channel. I watch Tim’s videos and enjoy them, he knows how to do a good video to entertain his viewers. 👍 

Additionally, I know Ed wants the Leshiy 2 to be a “Thing of Legends”, which are always remembered, cherished and loved by its users. If the Edgun Leshiy 2 was truly a platform intended never to be tuned / tweaked / etc within reason by the user, it would never become a “Thing of Legends.” For something to truly become a thing of “Thing of Legends” it truly needs allow the user to put their own mark on the product, thus why the gun needs to be tunable & customizable. The Valkyrie kits allow don’t cut it. Love it or hate it the FX Impact is a gun of legend in the airgun industry and it wouldn’t be, IMHO, if it wasn’t so tunable and wouldn’t be a long term success for FX if it wasn’t so “adaptable.” I say the same for the EdGun Leshiy 2. My previous comments are fair and make a valid arguement for why all modular platforms need to be designed as tunable, if the user who want it are to get optimal performance out of $2200 and way beyond setup. 

Lastly, and this is important! There should be some info on the retail website saying that if you change calibers on your Leshiy 2, it is recommended to buy the jets for optimal performance. Also, I have check all the websites I know of that sell the jets and barrels. None of the retailer which sell barrels and jets have information stating you need such and such jets to get optimal performance out your new barrel configuration.

As far as the m-loc issues mentioned above. I posted how it can be resolved by trimming off the nut and shortening the screw. A simple task.

I understand you didn't mind doing this, LM. There are probably many others, too. But the argument that keeps getting pushed is this was "use it as it came". Can't be both ways, but it is isn't it....

Would you buy the "tow hitch" or the "alloy wheels" from your dealership and then go home and install the wiring harness or new hubs on the vehicle yourself? And be happy? Or would you expect those items, sold to you as an OEM add on, would work as they were intended? I bought a Magpul m-lok 45 degree mount for $30. Case hardened screws, not the Chinese screws that came with the L2....and now I have to grind them and the T-nuts down? That's like taking a 6th lug off my wheel hub to fit a 5 bolt pattern rim on there....no? 

Small, large, however you want to look at it...I don't have an m-lok rail that's usable on my set up. And taking the shroud off the moderator blows lead dust in your face and makes the gun 2x louder. I appreciate that on the surface, yeah...ANYTHING can be cobbled at home. I paid $5 bills, my man. For a working setup. That's all and no argument to the contrary is going to change that you don't get that in that package. If this is Mr. NML's "entitled whinying" so be it. I don't see the same issues in the AR15 world and I think that my time as a customer paying top dollar for the latest and greatest, of which the m-lok is not even a part of as it's been around for a while, should be valued and worth something to those that I'm handing my cash. I know my wife and kids value the time I spend with them over the time I spend trying to fix other people's mistakes for which I don't get paid....you feel me?

Button Magnets ? a few weeks ago someone posted a link to the little shiney magnets on amazon that were used to remove the cover on the Leshiy mag (they had a little raised part that ya could grip with finger &thumb) , i have searched till my eyes hurt from reading , can someone please post the link ? TIa , roger.. PS i really Hope my Leshiy 2 arrives Ready to Operate Correctly as a 22/350 , my tuning /modifying days are long behind me = no Time or Patience & do not want to buy antything else for the A/G 

Well, long read, in fact I have no time to participate in that discussion full time. I know many questions are not answered. I know that some information is missing. I know…

First of all, I started to make the video manuals for L2, you can find the playlist with all those videos (are supposed to be added time to time) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czbvrXYq9ZE&list=PLUtnAk-gnZ44nfH37Yhje187TMUbwxWFt

I hope that will help to answer the simple questions.

Regarding the claim that when I sell the accessories why I don’t include there the valves, nozzles etc. As well why the gun, which is supposed to be easily configured are not sold to be ready to all those configurations.

Well, the majority of people are buying the L2 just to use it out of the box and they just don’t need all those games with the nozzles, energies, speeds etc. If you consider that you are the majority here, let me disappoint you – you are not. The huge numbers of the guns are sold to people who has no idea about this or some other forums. That is valid for Russia as well. So, I am making the mass product, for all those people, 95 % of users. My task is to make is as reliable as possible, as simple as possible as available as possible. Those 95 % just don’t need all those tricks you are playing with. You will be surprised but 2/3 of people who use the guns have no idea about the trajectory of the pellet, they are believing that the pellet flies by the line trajectory! And they hit their targets to my surprise!

So I was focused on them. Mostly. I know that sounds quite unfair to you, the airgun enthusiasts, but that is truth and I have no intention to try to talk you into that is not like that. You know I am direct and I prefer to tell you truth, even if it is not making you happy.

So, the rest 5 % who needs all those tunes. I do promise you that you will get the detailed instructions about it as well as necessary parts to buy, later… I am not able to do everything in the same time. I prefer to assemble and send the clients as many guns to meet the demand now, rather than to play with all those tunes and share the information. That is truth as well.

I plan to send to Brian to USA another 300 L2 in January. That is my task, so I am sorry but I consider it is as more important than something else.

The other thing, you know I decided to adjust the guns to the definite caliber and the energy rather than to give you the middle characteristics guns. I think that will be more correct. If someone wants to buy another barrels to get different set ups, well he just should buy nozzles and, maybe, regulator. As it was always be with any guns, whatever the manufacturers of those guns promise you :)