• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I started to type a reply on my phone, but atomic hit it spot on. The volume to fill a .30 barrel is more than 2X a .22. If you try to tune for the middle ground you'll either be underpowering the .30 or blowing way too much air through the .22 and wasting it.

The most efficient tunes I have found for the barrels are 0.3mm/0.7mm for the .22/350mm barrel and 0.2mm/0.2mm for the .30/350mm barrel. If you go .25 I will say for the 450mm barrel 0.2mm/0.5mm will give you a very efficient tune - 0.2mm/0.4mm will net a little more power but I feel it's right at or a touch over the power curve. 

As for the POA/POI subject - I have been impressed here in several manners with the Leshiy 2. First - any barrel I install is no more than a 1 MIL adjustment in any direction from the others. (For reference I have .22/250, .22/350, .25/450 and .30/350 barrels.) Also - re-installing the same barrel with the same indexing will keep POA/POI within 0.5 MIL. These barrels are thick and stout with no wobble of give to be seen. I've yet to put on a moderator that caused the POI to droop.

@gmve There is going to be a huge difference between .30 and .22 tune-wise. A lot more energy is required of the .30 so when you swap to .22 they will run really hot, probably end up being close to/if not over supersonic if you don’t change your jets. You will definitely end up having to adjust your scope. I’ve read in this thread of some who have already dealt with this so hopefully they will chime in to give you starting points to know what sizes you’ll need.

I know I’ll personally end up with separate rear assemblies so all I’ll need to do is change out the rear when doing a caliber swap. That way there won’t be worries about changing jets on the regulator. This is all contingent upon being able to purchase just the rear of course. Hopefully it will be an option in the future.

Brian didn’t sound hopeful about spare stocks being available due to how expensive they would be but... he didn’t %100 rule them out so I am hopeful we will see them available as well at some point. Probably not until well after Ed can catch up with all the preorders and keep up with demand. By the look of things that’s gonna be awhile! I still think the idea of carrying one in a backpack with your gun as a quick refill option would be cool.

The other option is to wait and see what the unreleased tether connection can do for the L2 in terms of increasing shot count. If it works like a paintball or airsoft HPA system I’d be happy to just tether to a backpack friendly tank for a massive increase in shot count. I’m gonna need more magazines and a lot more lead for that though!

I like the idea of getting a separate rear assembly. That sounds like a reasonable course of action if they eventually sell them that way.

That does sound reasonable, but I don't know how many people would put out the $800-1000 for just a rear assembly. Unfortunately the reg, valve and mag rotation mech are in the rear so you have to pay for a good amount of moving parts. 

If you have easy access to air I would just empty out the cylinder, change reg and nozzle settings, refill. Takes under 5 minutes. 

If you are looking for a nice mild tune - for .22/350mm barrel and 0.3mm/0.7mm nozzles. Set reg to 80bar for JSB 15.9 @ 800fps. Drop reg to 70bar for 725fps. I'm shooting this right now with a STO FALX Hi-Flow and it's so nice and quiet. Put a Sarissa Hi-Flow on there and you'll be shooting the .30 at 70fpe well below backyard friendly levels. 

@gmve There is going to be a huge difference between .30 and .22 tune-wise. A lot more energy is required of the .30 so when you swap to .22 they will run really hot, probably end up being close to/if not over supersonic if you don’t change your jets. You will definitely end up having to adjust your scope. I’ve read in this thread of some who have already dealt with this so hopefully they will chime in to give you starting points to know what sizes you’ll need.

I know I’ll personally end up with separate rear assemblies so all I’ll need to do is change out the rear when doing a caliber swap. That way there won’t be worries about changing jets on the regulator. This is all contingent upon being able to purchase just the rear of course. Hopefully it will be an option in the future.

Brian didn’t sound hopeful about spare stocks being available due to how expensive they would be but... he didn’t %100 rule them out so I am hopeful we will see them available as well at some point. Probably not until well after Ed can catch up with all the preorders and keep up with demand. By the look of things that’s gonna be awhile! I still think the idea of carrying one in a backpack with your gun as a quick refill option would be cool.

The other option is to wait and see what the unreleased tether connection can do for the L2 in terms of increasing shot count. If it works like a paintball or airsoft HPA system I’d be happy to just tether to a backpack friendly tank for a massive increase in shot count. I’m gonna need more magazines and a lot more lead for that though!

Good point on the stocks - it'll be a long time before we get past pre-orders into readily available production. 

I think the tether connection might be more suited to tuning so you're not filling up and wasting as much air each time. I'd be a little scared walking around with a microbore hose tethered to my back with 4500 psi running through it. Snag on a tree branch might not be pretty. Besides - with the 350cc cf bottle I am getting 40+ shots with a 300 down to 150bar fill pushing around 64 fpe in .25 and 70 fpe in .30. That's sufficient enough for me not to consider a tether. 

Good point on the stocks - it'll be a long time before we get past pre-orders into readily available production. 

I think the tether connection might be more suited to tuning so you're not filling up and wasting as much air each time. I'd be a little scared walking around with a microbore hose tethered to my back with 4500 psi running through it. Snag on a tree branch might not be pretty. Besides - with the 350cc cf bottle I am getting 40+ shots with a 300 down to 150bar fill pushing around 64 fpe in .25 and 70 fpe in .30. That's sufficient enough for me not to consider a tether.

Yeah realistically I wouldn’t see myself hunting or moving around the bush with that setup, but it would be fun for target shooting and well suited for tuning as you said.

I just ordered one of the 300 cc bottles from Brian along with some spare mags. I’ll have 6 in total when I unbox my L2 so that should keep me happy enough for awhile. If I really want to increase shot count for target shooting I’ll get a .22 barrel and mags as well down the road.

Okay....I have an issue with the Leshiy 2 venting screw, it won’t seal. Yesterday I depressurized the Leshiy 2 and took off the 300 cc bottle.

Today I put on the original air cylinder. Due to my last experience switching out the cylinders, I decided to do a bubble check to see if there was a leak from the venting screw, there was. Last time when I did the original cylinder to the bottle this happened and some silicon grease fixed the leak.

Now the screw / grub screw won’t seal, and I have tried several times with the silicon with no success.

I will have to do this depressurization for my plane flights the end of next week and as I travel through USA and back to the Netherlands. So I need a longer term fix.

Any suggestions to resolve the issue?

Okay....I have an issue with the Leshiy 2 venting screw, it won’t seal. Yesterday I depressurized the Leshiy 2 and took off the 300 cc bottle.

Today I put on the original air cylinder. Due to my last experience switching out the cylinders, I decided to do a bubble check to see if there was a leak from the venting screw, there was. Last time when I did the original cylinder to the bottle this happened and some silicon grease fixed the leak.

Now the screw / grub screw won’t seal, and I have tried several times with the silicon with no success.

I will have to do this depressurization for my plane flights the end of next week and as I travel through USA and back to the Netherlands. So I need a longer term fix.

Any suggestions to resolve the issue?

Replace the 3mm ball under the grub screw. You may have a flat spot on that 3mm ball. 

The first time this happened I didn’t take the grub screw all the way out, and the second time no, but I forgot about the ball bearing and did back it all the way out. :(

If I did lose the ballbearing it was a right after I put the 300 cc bottle, but after the first leak no issues with holding pressure over the last month.

Is there anyway to get a ball bearing? If so, I can order from Francisco tomorrow. :(. Do is there a fix?

The first time this happened I didn’t take the grub screw all the way out, and the second time no, but I forgot about the ball bearing and did back it all the way out. :(

If I did lose the ballbearing it was a right after I put the 300 cc bottle, but after the first leak no issues with holding pressure over the last month.

Is there anyway to get a ball bearing? If so, I can order from Francisco tomorrow. :(. Do is there a fix?

I've lost a couple of these 3mm ball bearings in my Edgun and FX rifles so I literally have hundreds them now. Sending them to you in the NL is pointless because it'll take forever to get there or get lost in the process. If you haven't resolved it by the time you hit the States, let me know and I can send you some.

@yenniedn OMG that would be amazing. I don’t see how I can get them without ordering them. Do stainless steel ones work? Amazon said they can get them here by Thursday.

Yes, the ones I have are 3mm stainless steel, ordered from Amazon. They're common on Edguns, FX and other rifles so I figured it would be handy to have some spares for future use but there's no way I'm going through 500 of them.

Yeah realistically I wouldn’t see myself hunting or moving around the bush with that setup, but it would be fun for target shooting and well suited for tuning as you said.

I just ordered one of the 300 cc bottles from Brian along with some spare mags. I’ll have 6 in total when I unbox my L2 so that should keep me happy enough for awhile. If I really want to increase shot count for target shooting I’ll get a .22 barrel and mags as well down the road.

I’m not so sure even tethering would be a viable option. Yes you could control the reg pressure but you’ll still be left with dwell times on the installed jets. Remember Brian said it has more to do with the jets and not the reg pressure (unless there’s something about the external setup I’m not aware).

I’m not so sure even tethering would be a viable option. Yes you could control the reg pressure but you’ll still be left with dwell times on the installed jets. Remember Brian said it has more to do with the jets and not the reg pressure (unless there’s something about the external setup I’m not aware).

You might be right on that! I’m holding out hope that it works more like an HPA system for airsoft rifles. I know those are dealing with much lower pressure than a pcp rifle, but it is cool as hell to be able to shoot from a tank with those guns, even more so with full auto. 😁 If it is just your standard pcp tether option for an L2 I’ll probably be less interested in getting one.

Tethered hpa airsoft rifle:

51D61C9B-87CC-45C5-8934-1A656287E6FB.1609542911.jpeg

Same gun, untethered using a 13ci tank in the stock:

D877B593-636C-4E31-9008-18FB5687CCCB.1609543005.jpeg

@gmve I am kind of in the same boat because eventually I want to get a 25 cal barrel for my Leshiy 2.

From what I have heard though for optimal tuning, and waiting for now going on six weeks and still not here, is the pressure tester and jets kit from EdGun.

Question for the current Leshiy 2 owners, (still waiting on mine).

Does anyone have the 22 can 30 caliber barrels for your single Leshiy 2?

And has anyone swapped them?

If so did you use the same scope?

If you did, did you have to do a lot of re-sightng of the scope?

What about tuning? 

Is there a happy medium, tune wise, to set the gun for both calibers?

Thanks, GMVE

I have both .22 and .30. .22 is in 350mm and .30 is in 450mm. My gun was ordered as a .22 and I had a .3 and a .7 nozzles in the gun and the reg was set at 134 bar. That was fine for 15 and 18 grn. Pellets but for hunting out to 60 yards it wasn’t enough for me. And forget the .30. So I played with the reg and nozzles with the .30 x 450mm and wound up with reg at 160 bar and .2 nozzle and a screw. That gave me 910FPS with JSB 45 grn. Pellets and 850 FPS. With FX Hybrid slugs. The slugs are a bit more accurate than the pellets. They also slide right through the cylinder so I suggest leaving the cylinder in the action and loading the cylinder. I then tried my .22 x 350mm barrel at that tune and 18 grn. JSB were over 1000 FPS. I had drilled out my small puck to 9/64” and tried that with the .22 when I had .2 and .2 nozzles and 160 bar and was very pleased. I was shooting 18 grn pellets in the 885 FPS. Range and 25 grn monsters RD at 879 FPS. So I think you can have one tune for .22 and .30. Now I haven’t played with it enough to see how efficient or inefficient the .22 is with the smaller puck but the .30 in my 450mm barrel I was only getting 18 or 20 shots per fill. I have the 300cc bottle coming then I’ll do some more experiments. Here is a target I shot the other day sighting in a new Optisan scope at 40 yards using FX Hybrid slugs. I’m happy with this so far.
9AD6C9FB-4B57-418A-83F5-5FD846E7905F.1609543768.jpeg
so don’t forget the pucks. They do work stepping down the power. Now we need more of the small puck size to experiment with.