• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I punched mine out this weekend, too. I only had a 1/8" punch so I had to get a kit with smaller ones, too. I used the 1/16" and got it going (it does clear, as Brian's vid shows), but then I had to switch over to the 3/32" as my punch, though long enough it seemed, was getting close to the base and the angle was getting tough due to the shaft getting thicker at the base. I had a short set of punches..seemed long enough and like the more useful size of long/short...and the long 1/8th was in like a 30 pc kit!

Anyway, my point is, the angle got tough because I was sliding up on the shaft. If you didn't have a long shaft on your punch like Brian used in the vid, maybe that's what happened to you. 🤷‍♂️

I bought an entirely new set of pin punches on Amazon just to get this done. The set they had at Lowes only had the 1/16" punch and it wasn't budging the pin much if at all. The Amazon set had 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8" and several larger punches. The 3/32" fit perfectly and they all have long shafts to more than adequately clear the indexing piece. But even with the properly sized punch with plenty of clearance on the shaft, the pin wouldn't come out any further.

I think it was the awkward and tight angle at first that caused the edge of the pin hole to become ragged enough to catch on the mag cover. Whatever, it's not important enough for me to go through all of that again.

There was a post about two weeks ago on the Optisan CP 3x12 scope. I have been waiting for a US dealer to get these in as it has been out in Europe for about a year with great reviews. Trienier outdoors has them and I got mine today. I originally had bought the US Optics compact 3x12 which is first focal and has super glass and field of view but I find the cross hairs just too fine below 8 power for a hunting scope in the woods without illumination. So I thought I would try this Optisan for under $400. I must say I am impressed with the glass and it being second focal the cross hairs are the perfect size throughout the magnification range. It doesn’t have external vertical turrets for adjusting but for a mainly woods hunting gun out to 60 yards you don’t need them and with some range work you can work up a dope sheet to refer to and use the ballistic recticle on 10 power. I make one up for my PB guns and put it in the flip up scope cap for quick reference. You do loose some field of view with the smaller objective but dialed down to 8 to 10 it isn’t bad at all. The reviews all said it lacks light gathering over larger front objective tubes so I tested it outside as it was getting dark tonight and I really don’t see any problem for my old eyes and should be better next month after I get my cataracts removed. So I’m saying I’m done with first focal plane scopes for Airguns . This is a great scope for compact guns and under $400. 
2E1D73CF-5185-4A4C-869C-ADF79AB24B5B.1608080977.jpeg

4370F3C7-6DCE-4DE1-B14F-10FB5BE3BF58.1608081006.jpeg

So, I decided to purchase some L2 magazine plate removal magnets, from Edgunshop in Spain, after seeing some others do it. I only ordered two magnets, but when I opened the box, there was also a new fill probe. It's package lable states, "A GIFT FROM"....and then who I assume is the mother company, WOLFIEKGROUP.

I thought that was a nice touch, and something I've read about on this forum in regards to there customer satisfaction and retention. Took about a week to get to the east coast. Very expensive shipping though, but I new that going in and just wanted them.

And, I purchased the four extra magazines from Brian @ Edgunwest. He shipped them quick, as usual in my experience. I figured I'd need at least six mags for my plinking woods walks, as well as some loose pellets in the pouch for reloading on the walk.

Anyway...now, when my pre-ordered L2 eventually arrives, I'll be ready. Just hope I don't wear out the pellet retainer plates from continually using the magnet to remove them, every time I walk past my work bench. There already scratched up from that.

IMG_20201216_210615269.1608173439.jpg

So, I decided to purchase some L2 magazine plate removal magnets, from Edgunshop in Spain, after seeing some others do it. I only ordered two magnets, but when I opened the box, there was also a new fill probe. It's package lable states, "A GIFT FROM"....and then who I assume is the mother company, WOLFIEKGROUP.

I thought that was a nice touch, and something I've read about on this forum in regards to there customer satisfaction and retention. Took about a week to get to the east coast. Very expensive shipping though, but I new that going in and just wanted them.

And, I purchased the four extra magazines from Brian @ Edgunwest. He shipped them quick, as usual in my experience. I figured I'd need at least six mags for my plinking woods walks, as well as some loose pellets in the pouch for reloading on the walk.

Anyway...now, when my pre-ordered L2 eventually arrives, I'll be ready. Just hope I don't wear out the pellet retainer plates from continually using the magnet to remove them, every time I walk past my work bench. There already scratched up from that.

Were the magnets the only things you ordered from the Spanish Edgun shop? If so, why not just get them from Amazon for like $10 for a dozen with free Prime shipping?

Were the magnets the only things you ordered from the Spanish Edgun shop? If so, why not just get them from Amazon for like $10 for a dozen with free Prime shipping?

Yeah, I saw the magnets from other sources for much less. But I wanted to make a purchase from this source to try them out after reading mostly good reviews.

As it turns out I'm glad I had the chance to experience first hand an unusual gifting of a useful accessory from a retailer, which some others said they experienced too. Good communication and prompt shipping as well. I'll keep them on my list of places to shop.

JMO, ymmv

I finally got my Leshiy 2 set up how I want it (shooting 25.4g JSB's at 800fps) and also received my Mid-Evil mini-tripod combo so this is what my L2 looks like currently. The Mid-Evil tripod makes it much easier to shoot groups with any of my rifles. Shooting the L2 with this tripod confirms that it's got plenty of accuracy out to the 50 yard mark, which is plenty for what I intend to use this rifle for. My only complaint/suggestion is that the monopod mount should have a quick release so that it can be easily moved from one rifle to the next - although they probably did this so that you'd have to buy multiple monopods.

The neoprene cover on the top air tube got all tattered already so I removed it and just wrapped the tube sections in carbon fiber wrap while looking for a better replacement. The bottle cover is actually one from a 480cc bottle but folding over both ends actually looks decent and provides a little more protection. I have the Tishina moderator as well but just prefer the look of the Ronin, which is screwed in flush against an inner tube that slides over the barrel so that the Ronin doesn't rest against the edge of the Valkyrie handrail. Some have mentioned that they didn't get great results by screwing the Ronin directly onto the barrel and having it sit flush against the handrail. This setup with the inner tube has provided good, repeatable groups for me - however, I'm still considering moving back to just the factory long silencer since the report is not that different regardless of what moderator I use. Reducing the overall length of the rifle by using the factory long silencer might be a better win than the nominal reduction in report that this setup with the Ronin provides.

leshiy2a.1608228894.jpg
leshiy2b.1608228894.jpg

@yenniedn, that is one cool tripod set up. I am still classic and on the fence about getting a .22 or 25 cal set up. Right before Thanksgiving I ordered a pressure tester and jets from Brian, and I am still waiting for them to arrive, last USPS tracking info was Dec 7, nothing else, so this is why I prefer UPS.

@yenniedn, why did you go with the Ronin over the Valkyrie moderator? (Unless you already had it.)

@yenniedn, that is one cool tripod set up. I am still classic and on the fence about getting a .22 or 25 cal set up. Right before Thanksgiving I ordered a pressure tester and jets from Brian, and I am still waiting for them to arrive, last USPS tracking info was Dec 7, nothing else, so this is why I prefer UPS.

@yenniedn, why did you go with the Ronin over the Valkyrie moderator? (Unless you already had it.)

Initially, I went with the Ronin because it was shorter than the Tishina . . . but after actually measuring them, the Ronin was only about 1/2" shorter overall once installed. And to my ears, pretty much any moderator I have on hand (multiple DonnyFL's, a couple of Huggetts and the Tishina) sounds fairly comparable to the next. The ONLY setup that made a noticeable difference was using the Ronin with the extension but that setup is totally not practical for everyday use (see ridiculous pic below). The Ronin with the extension made the L2 super quiet (as I would imagine it would with any rifle in 0.30 caliber or below).

So in the end, it just boils down to the fact that I'm much more familiar with the DonnyFL mods, know that they work and I already had a couple of them lying around so the Tishina seems to duplicate them. I'm able to use the Ronin on more rifles than the Tishina so it also wins out based on flexibility/versatility.

20201202_180811.1608235342.jpg

I finally got my Leshiy 2 set up how I want it (shooting 25.4g JSB's at 800fps) and also received my Mid-Evil mini-tripod combo so this is what my L2 looks like currently. The Mid-Evil tripod makes it much easier to shoot groups with any of my rifles. Shooting the L2 with this tripod confirms that it's got plenty of accuracy out to the 50 yard mark, which is plenty for what I intend to use this rifle for. My only complaint/suggestion is that the monopod mount should have a quick release so that it can be easily moved from one rifle to the next – although they probably did this so that you'd have to buy multiple monopods.

cant you just get a quick disconnect adapter like this to put on your Mid-Evil tripod? Then you could switch it from gun to gun.

23DC7903-D3C2-4B8E-B50C-B89FE2C730F7.1608249290.png

you and I have similar tastes. I am waiting for Brian to get his bottles in and then I’ll be done with my setup. Might so some hydro-dip on the moderator and shroud down the road. 

I finally got my Leshiy 2 set up how I want it (shooting 25.4g JSB's at 800fps) and also received my Mid-Evil mini-tripod combo so this is what my L2 looks like currently. The Mid-Evil tripod makes it much easier to shoot groups with any of my rifles. Shooting the L2 with this tripod confirms that it's got plenty of accuracy out to the 50 yard mark, which is plenty for what I intend to use this rifle for. My only complaint/suggestion is that the monopod mount should have a quick release so that it can be easily moved from one rifle to the next – although they probably did this so that you'd have to buy multiple monopods.

cant you just get a quick disconnect adapter like this to put on your Mid-Evil tripod? Then you could switch it from gun to gun.

23DC7903-D3C2-4B8E-B50C-B89FE2C730F7.1608249290.png

you and I have similar tastes. I am waiting for Brian to get his bottles in and then I’ll be done with my setup. Might so some hydro-dip on the moderator and shroud down the road.

Why, yes, something like that would work great I think! I'll check out the options on Amazon - thanks for the heads up!

Okay this morning after reading (and I will be nameless) EdGun retailers about the ammo options, slugs were mentioned as useable ammo. So I had some old .177 NSA slugs sitting around so I thought I would feed my curiosity, and I put the slug into the magazine.

The NSA .177 slugs are in 15.5 gr HP and result, is yes they fit into the magazine, but slide / fall through it. Some larger .177 slugs MIGHT work, but not these NSA slugs. I don’t know if this applies to people with other calibered barrels etc, but for my set up this .177 cal / 350 mm even cranked up hot, I don’t EVER being a slug gun, even with a longer barrel.

The15.5 gr NSAs OD came in at a consistent .176 inches / 4.48 mm based off sample size of 10 slugs. To note: All the 10 randomly chosen slugs had the exact same OD. Note 2: the magazine IS long enough to hold the slugs, but not narrow enough to to HOLD the slugs in place. Note 3: I tried this “experiment” with 3 of the 4 magazines I have randomly dropping in randomly chosen slugs, and all had the same result as mentioned above.

Just a Saturday morning coffee thought, have a great day everyone and nice weekend.

231BD5FD-6502-4B9B-BEE3-140F31837E06.1608368794.jpeg
D6287075-183A-4D3A-9530-7D572820C8DB.1608368795.jpeg

Okay this morning after reading (and I will be nameless) EdGun retailers about the ammo options, slugs were mentioned as useable ammo. So I had some old .177 NSA slugs sitting around so I thought I would feed my curiosity, and I put the slug into the magazine.

The NSA .177 slugs are in 15.5 gr HP and result, is yes they fit into the magazine, but slide / fall through it. Some larger .177 slugs MIGHT work, but not these NSA slugs. I don’t know if this applies to people with other calibered barrels etc, but for my set up this .177 cal / 350 mm even cranked up hot, I don’t EVER being a slug gun, even with a longer barrel.

The15.5 gr NSAs OD came in at a consistent .176 inches / 4.48 mm based off sample size of 10 slugs. To note: All the 10 randomly chosen slugs had the exact same OD. Note 2: the magazine IS long enough to hold the slugs, but not narrow enough to to HOLD the slugs in place. Note 3: I tried this “experiment” with 3 of the 4 magazines I have randomly dropping in randomly chosen slugs, and all had the same result as mentioned above.

Just a Saturday morning coffee thought, have a great day everyone and nice weekend.

231BD5FD-6502-4B9B-BEE3-140F31837E06.1608368794.jpeg
D6287075-183A-4D3A-9530-7D572820C8DB.1608368795.jpeg

New NSA slugs for .177 are .178 dia.

Although I intend to shoot pellets, I have seen several videos of folks shooting L2s in larger calibers with what appears to be success.

@jwilson maybe the slugs with the larger OD will work, and i noticed Krale has the .178 12.5 gr HPs in stock.

Those new slugs might be worth trying. However, I would prefer to see if they don’t slip the magazine before buying them, but I don’t think Krale would let me open a box and check before paying for the slugs. Plus Krale’s physical shop is closed until at least mid January due to the hard lockdown we are under here in the Netherlands.

Here is what I did do though based off a comment from the Dutch air gun site Luctbuks.net, my repost below:

Well, for the hell of it I put a slug into the magazine to see if the gun would shoot the slug and it did, but one significant thing happened.

Right before I shot the gun, the slug slide right out of the magazine into the breach of the barrel when the rifle was tilted a little and this makes me worry that jams could occur. I have encountered these type of rotary magazine jams in my Ruger 10/22.

Later I will try shooting more than one slug in the magazine later, but I will probably wait until I increase the regulator pressure back to the standard 130 bar. Current regulator setting of the L2 is at a 110 bar, shooting 21-22 joules at 257 m per second with 10.34 grain JSB Heavy and I don’t want to jam a slug in the barrel until I up the power. I will make the regulator change once my regulator tester arrives from EdGun West, 🙏 which I hope is next week!

@Rubben23 thanks for posting and it was interesting. But for 50 yards I don’t see the groups that amazing and it worth the cost of using slugs over pellets at 50 yard distances. I would be more interested to see what the groups are like at 75 / 100 yards, especially with a 600 mm barrel. If you can get very similar 50 yard results / groups at 100 yards, then slugs would be worth using. I am guessing based off the group size at 50 yards the groups at a 100 yards would be at least 2 to 3 inches of spread, which really isn’t impressive.