EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Ok I changed my nozzles today, plugging one with a M4-70 x 12 screw trimmed to the same length as the nozzle and leaving the other at .2 . I bought the button cap screws at Lowe’s in the specialty screw drawer. I was running nozzles .2 + .2 and my reg was set at 163 bar. And with my 450mm x .30 barrel shooting JSB 45 grain pellets I was getting 845 FPS. Now with the one nozzle plugged I am getting 905 FPS. The velocity continues to increase substantially with every adjustment so I can only guess there is still room for more On this 450 mm barrel length with more reg pressure. I went back to early videos of Ed showing the velocities they were getting out of .25 and .30 calibers with 350, 450 and 600mm barrels. He also used two different reg settings , 130 and 150 bar and one test with the regulator removed. These are on page 31 on this thread. If you look at the manual that came with the gun it lists reg pressure setting from to 150bar. No mention yet on what the recommended highest reg pressure we can push these to. I am stopping at 160ish for now until we hear from Ed . 905 FPS ain’t bad for the 45 grain pellet Which is 83 fpe. Unbelievable how hard the .30 hits my 1/2” steel swingers. 

Ok I changed my nozzles today, plugging one with a screw and leaving the other at .2 . I was running nozzles .2 + .2 and my reg was set at 163 bar. And with my 450mm x .30 barrel shooting JSB 45 grain pellets I was getting 845 FPS. Now with the one nozzle plugged I am getting 905 FPS. The velocity continues to increase substantially with every adjustment so I can only guess there is still room for more On this 450 mm barrel length with more reg pressure. I went back to early videos of Ed showing the velocities they were getting out of .25 and .30 calibers with 350, 450 and 600mm barrels. He also used two different reg settings , 130 and 150 bar and one test with the regulator removed. These are on page 31 on this thread. If you look at the manual that came with the gun it lists reg pressure setting from to 150bar. No mention yet on what the recommended highest reg pressure we can push these to. I am stopping at 160ish for now until we hear from Ed . 905 FPS ain’t bad for the 45 grain pellet Which is 83 fpe.

Holy moley! Thanks for the data point.

I picked up a used FX case on the classifieds earlier this week. Perfect size for the L2 in 350 and 450 barrel configurations. 

Leshiy 2 Case - 1.1607555662.jpeg

That's sacrilege! 🤣

Thought I would show you some tinkering I have been doing on my rifle. I had some of this camo neoprene material laying around and I thought I would put it to some use. There are other prints available but you have to buy a 60” sheet of the stuff so it can get expensive unless you sell the items and use up the material. I looked and couldn’t find any prints with red in it for you guys that like the red and black theme of the Leshiy 2. This is reversible to solid black too. I like how it protects the top and bottom tubes and moderator from getting scratched. Stretches right over the butt tightly and doesn’t move . Also Gives some more cushion for the cheek as the neoprene is 1/8” thick. 
1D38AB84-7295-4ECD-A481-230BF91319D5.1607567153.jpeg

9B8413A7-62FD-42E7-987E-3607B0D4F549.1607567188.jpeg

Does anyone else have an issue with their L2 where the first shot after the rifle has been sitting for awhile is hot and POI ends up high?

My 0.25/350mm setup shoots the 25.4g JSBs at 825fps but if I leave it sitting for a few hours or overnight, the first shot comes out at 860fps. I had a clean shot at the rare pigeon that landed in my yard yesterday and forget about this quirk so I aimed right for the head and it missed way high. Kind of disappointing and frustrating.

Anyone have this issue and know how to resolve it???

I haven’t heard this problem before. It has been noted by several that it isn’t unusual to have a couple flyers out of every magazine but I think that is due to inconsistent trigger pull. I have experimented between a fast pull to a slow pull like a target trigger and that definitely effects the speed of the valve. You also have to be consistent in how you hold the rifle while basically jerking the trigger. I find a firm hold pulling the rifle into me helps my groups when pulling the trigger as fast as it likes. But your seeing a 35 FPS difference. That sounds like a regulator creeping problem. Definitely contact Brian , he will take care of you. 

Reactions: Aleksei
I like the video on reg adjustment. Thanks Brian!!

It reminds me of my "classic leshiy's" hammer spring adjustment, which requires a clockwise adjustment for LESS velocity, and a counter clockwise adjustment for MORE velocity. Kind of counter intuitive to what you might think, and opposite of many PCP adjustments.

I'm hoping that my .22cal 350mm L2, will be in the next shipment, and also hoping Brian will be able, and willing, to tune mine for a velocity of around 850fps with JSB 15.9gr pellets, by selecting the appropriate size nozzles.

Keep the video's coming Brian!!!!

Scott

Bit sad....I thought of pulling the trigger and use some of the money from the sale of the Brocock and get the Valkyrie 25 cal set up for my L2.

BUT....any of the Valkyrie set ups couldn’t travel with me outside of the Netherlands because of the moderator. Unless I buy one for one to stay in the USA. Also, with some possible job and possible job location changes I have to hold off.

Don’t you hate reality when you think of your dreams? Also, a quick question.

If I do get a the Valkyrie set up and level a moderator in the USA as I am currently doing for my Impact and Taipan. Which Valkyrie moderator would your recommend for moderate sound suppression or would it be better to go with like a DonnyFL Ronin? And do you think .177 would still get some relief if the moderator was in .25? I thought I could just buy one and use the moderator for both calibers, but I know Donny doesn’t recommend such a size gap, 22 to 25 is fine, but not 177 to 25/30.

Though I was going to wait until pressure tester and jets arrived from Brian before adjusting the regulator pressure down a little further, but I didn’t and here is approximately are the results.

Based off Brian’s and Francisco’s instructional videos I have, in total, lowered the regulator pressure of the regulator “20 minish” of angle, thus 20ish bar. Original pressure was 130 bar, so in theory, the regulator pressure should be around 110 bar.

Here are some original specs for JSB Heavy 10.34 gr:

- Original 130 bar - 960 fps & 22 ft/lbs

- First adjustment 120-125ish bar - 935 fps & 19 ft/lbs

- Second adjustment: 110ish bar - 840-845 fps & 16 ft/lbs.

I don’t need the power right now, but I do want things a little more “backyard” friendly. So thus one reason I lowered the pressure and it seems to be around 5 decibels slower than the previous setting. I am a safety professional and my ears are pretty tuned to accurate noise level, and there is a bit less high end bark.

The groups opened up some, sort of, but I cleaned the barrel too, and my barrel seems to need 50-75 shots for it to settle down. But I still need to bore paste my barrel per previously suggested, maybe this help the barrel settle down faster. And I know the regulator needs a few shots too before it “tunes” itself to the new power setting, I think. (Or am I wrong?)

When the pressure tester and jets arrive I will confirm the pressure, and start to optimize adjustments with the jets to tighten things up, then report back on results.

So I tried to follow Brian's instructions from his video to replace the locking pin with the longer one so that my L2 will properly close in the locked position with the Valkyrie aluminum hand rail installed. I bought a set of pin punches and even with the proper sized punch, the pin would only come out about 2mm and wouldn't budge after that. It appears to be wedged in there somehow. The clearance for the pin to slide past the part that indexes the magazine is very, very tight but it looked like it would just barely make it by - IF I could get the pin to come out any further. I even removed that indexing part but it didn't help.

After trying throughout the weekend, I gave up and am resigned to the fact that my L2 won't lock when folded. Put it all back together to find out that the magazine stopped indexing. I thought maybe I reinstalled the indexer incorrectly but it's a very simple part with just one spring inside and nearly impossible to mess up the re-installation. I checked the magazine and noticed a couple of scrapes on the black magazine cover. Turns out that taking the pin punch in and out of that little hole and hammering on it created just enough of a little burr that it caught the magazine cover enough to scratch it and prevent the mag from indexing to the next pellet. I carefully removed the burr and everything indexes again just fine.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case anyone else tries to replace their locking pin and runs into this.