EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

@leatherman I don't have the nozzles. I have 1 original nozzle and 1 blanked hole in my valve as supplied with my .30 cal order. It states nothing on the nozzle so can't give you this info.

The question is what I did to achieve what I have with mine, and I supplied this info above and as per previous posts on page 56.

Currently I see no need for the nozzles as you can see my fps is very consistent 

Thanks

Dang...no marking on the 1 nozzle at all? That sucks. I was going to pull one of mine...#7 is written on one, but I'm shooting hotter than Leatherman in the same config, so I'm hoping the other one is smaller...I didn't really look closely at it last time. I was going to just pull one and plug one, but was hoping your nozzle number matched mine..the #7 or the unknown one. Oh well, I do have a chrony...thanks, my man.

To follow up on my post I originally put an order in with Francisco for a 20 caliber and Joost here in the Netherlands is selling the 20 cal too, the last I checked. But I went for .177 cal because at the time there was a chance I was moving to Denmark, but didn’t happen and now have gun, and do an don’t regret it. I thought someone had a 20 cal barrel so why i was asking. I guess Brian figured they wouldn’t sell so he opted not to carry them. Here is Joost’s site..20 caliber = 5.0 mm.

93E1372A-1235-4E41-931F-33CABF7B9A04.1607375624.png

Right here. I’m thinking of ordering one from Francisco. 

3C8AE3F4-8B39-49F7-816F-A0FD863B9B37.1607366372.jpeg

Ah I see, it appears that the 0.20 caliber is not an option in the US. I don't think it's a very popular caliber here in the US; I remember when the original Lelya was around, it was mostly offered by Ed in the 0.20 caliber and it was one of the very few guns that I saw in that caliber. When I got my first Lelya, I made it a point to get the 0.22 because I've never had a 0.20 pellet in my possession.

@leatherman I don't have the nozzles. I have 1 original nozzle and 1 blanked hole in my valve as supplied with my .30 cal order. It states nothing on the nozzle so can't give you this info.

The question is what I did to achieve what I have with mine, and I supplied this info above and as per previous posts on page 56.

Currently I see no need for the nozzles as you can see my fps is very consistent 

Thanks

Got it now. My rifle came with one nozzle unmarked and the other one had a #7 written on the head with a sharpie. Once I got the nozzle set I removed my nozzles and by eyeballing the tiny holes I was able to determine the unmarked nozzle was a #4. This was on a .22 x 350mm Barreled rifle from the factory. I am playing with my .30 x 450mm barrel and have the nozzles at .2 + .2 . I can put a screw in one nozzle hole to give me the longest Valve dwell time for max power so the only other way to get more FPS is adjust the reg up. Somewhere along the way I would think you will see a point where the velocity doesn’t continue to go up which I would think is where the length of the barrel is the limiting factor and your wasting air. I have not seen a drop in velocity yet on both my .30 or .22 barrels while testing the nozzles all the way down to the .2 + .2 or .063 of nozzle space as every drop of .2 nozzle size gave me a around 20 FPS gain in .30 but in .22 less than 10 FPS gain. I only shot 5 shot groups and recorded velocities using the same pellet so can’t say how well the consistency in velocity is between the 4 different nozzle settings I tested as I was also changing the regulator and it needed to settle after each adjustment. I’m at 865 FPS with the .30 cal. 45 grain pellets with 163 bar reg pressure and standard plenum which I think is impressive . I’m thinking I’ll only need to increase another 10 bar of reg pressure and plug the one nozzle and I’ll be where I want to be for the pellets. Now slugs are another story as they are about 70 FPS slower out of this barrel. I would still like some guidance from Ed on what is the limits we should keep our pressures at . The NSA 47 grain slugs are showing better accuracy than the JSB 45 pellets and I think I will have no problem getting them up to 900 + FPS but at what cost if any. Ed has encouraged us to fill the tank to the max 300 bar saying the valve can handle it easily. And then Ed also mentioned eliminating the regulator all together that would put the total 300 bar straight to the valve. But again at what cost. So does this gun have any limits?

@edgunwest - Well, I will say this as a counter opinion. The BC per weight of a .20 cal is superior to both the .177 and .22 cal. 

In the firearms the 20 caliber has become quite popular for varmint hunting and there are two commercially available rounds 20 cal tactical and 204 ruger. Plus all the wildcat rounds. I would love to see a resurgence of the .20 caliber in air arms, because it does have several advantages referring what I already said above.

This whole conversation on the .30 setup is interesting. Without digging back I'd like to know if everyone is using a 350mm barrel for these measurements?

I am not able to get 900 fps with 44gr .30 pellets with a 150 bar reg setting and 2 x 0.2mm nozzles. 

We've got @Leatherman with a single nozzle, and @Deepbass9 with what would appear 2 nozzles with one being a 0.7mm saying it running hotter than Leatherman's. This just doesn't add up. 

I'd like to try a test with a few people that have the nozzles, a reg tester and the same caliber/length barrel. It's beginning to appear (and I could be completely wrong) that the same setup in multiple guns will result in a variance of FPE output. The test would be to pick a specific caliber/length barrel, a specific pair of nozzles, and a set reg pressure. Then setup all the guns the same, chrono and compare results. I've got a .22/350, .25/450 and .30/350 I could perform the testing with.

Another Leshiy 2 moderator option. Some credit going out to Y'Odoyle as I saw him mention an adapter in a completely separate thread. Someone was asking a question about an adapter for a Vulcan which would go from 14x1.25 to 1/2 UNF and @Odoyle mentioned an Eagle Vision adapter that AoA sells. I hopped onto AoA and ordered the $15 adapter.

The problem with adding a moderator when using a Valkyrie kit is that even if it has 14x1.25 threading it will likely not thread in all the way (The Donny Koi will fit inside the rail). Once tightened, the back of the moderator has been tightened up to the end of the rail. This does not produce good results as the moderator has now been tightened and aligned to the rail and not the barrel.

As you can see the full threads are not fully exposed when the Valkyrie rail is installed. 

Leshiy 2 mod adapter - 1.1607441098.jpeg

I was very pleased when I saw that the EagleVision adapter would tighten just before the rails. 

Leshiy 2 mod adapter - 2.1607441139.jpeg

I think this give a nice mounting option and accuracy is maintained.

Leshiy 2 mod adapter - 3.1607441168.jpeg

@ ctshooter This adapter, eh? https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/airgun-silencers/eagle-vision-vulcan-1/2-unf-muzzle-adaptor/

I hadn't bought that one because it says it was a shroud adapter. It looked as if there was a shroud and a barrel adapter: https://eaglevisioncam.com/shop/moderator-1-2-unf-adaptor/vulcan-1-2-unf-barrel-adaptor/  and it's on the Edgunshop site, too: https://www.edgun.shop/products/eagle-vision-adaptor-leshiy-2

I didn't think the one from AoA would fit...nice to know..thanks for taking the plunge. Looks good.

I haven't put my .30 in yet. I also haven't gotten my reg tester working yet. Brian's sending me a larger ball bearing with my extension pin for the folding stock. I just haven't been out and about to pick one up myself prior to now. Once that's up and running I'll be able to post something more meaningful. I hate to take it down again just to check the 2nd nozzle for markings when I'm going to have to do it when I get the ball bearing...I want to be ready to use it, so I'll check that bit when I get the tester going.

Another Leshiy 2 moderator option. Some credit going out to Y'Odoyle as I saw him mention an adapter in a completely separate thread. Someone was asking a question about an adapter for a Vulcan which would go from 14x1.25 to 1/2 UNF and @Odoyle mentioned an Eagle Vision adapter that AoA sells. I hopped onto AoA and ordered the $15 adapter.

The problem with adding a moderator when using a Valkyrie kit is that even if it has 14x1.25 threading it will likely not thread in all the way (The Donny Koi will fit inside the rail). Once tightened, the back of the moderator has been tightened up to the end of the rail. This does not produce good results as the moderator has now been tightened and aligned to the rail and not the barrel.

As you can see the full threads are not fully exposed when the Valkyrie rail is installed. 

Leshiy 2 mod adapter - 1.1607441098.jpeg

I was very pleased when I saw that the EagleVision adapter would tighten just before the rails. 

Leshiy 2 mod adapter - 2.1607441139.jpeg

I think this give a nice mounting option and accuracy is maintained.

Leshiy 2 mod adapter - 3.1607441168.jpeg

This is a good option, Sean. I'm being stupid and want to keep the overall length as short as possible so I do have my Ronin screwed directly to the barrel and pressed against the rail. I guess I was lucky enough to have it pretty well aligned because groups at 35yds are very good and repeatable. I can see how that could change if the Ronin came unscrewed from normal handling or whatever. As is, the only thing I did was put some protective tape on the rear endcap of the Ronin so that I could screw it on tightly against the rail and not get it all scratched up. Works so far so fingers crossed.

If that changes over time, I'll bite the bullet, order the Eagle Vision adapter and add that dreaded extra 0.75" to the overall length ;)

Edgun Leshiy 2 data / specs / etc posted by Francisco at Edgunleshiy.shop. Here is the link and snapshot of what is there. Most thorough technical data I have seen so far. https://www.edgunleshiy.shop/pages/leshiy-2-tech-specs

16B6F4D3-6533-4849-9EF9-D85CAD883A35.1607442508.jpeg

Thank you for posting this. I just did a test with my .30/350mm barrel. 0.2/0.2mm nozzles. Reg at ~150 bar. H&N 46.30 pellets sorted by weight in 0.20gr groups. 

Leshiy 2 12-08 chrono - 1.1607457831.jpeg

With the JSB 44.75 I was getting about 71 fpe. So these max fpe number listed are pretty close to reality. 

I was also maxing out with the .22/350 barrel around 40fpe with JSB 25gr pellets. So again - pretty close to listed numbes.