EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

OK!!! Maybe it is the day I am having, but I was told buy Brian’s ‘jets” to get my L2 where it is supposed to be to begin with out of the by @edgunleshiy on YouTube.

If my Leshiy 2 wasn’t adjusted correctly at the factory during assembly and testing that is one thing, BUT if it has the wrong jets / ports (whatever they are called) on it, then that qualifies as defective. AKA its got wrong parts installed which means at least in one or two points of putting the gun together and testing someone didn’t do their job at Edgun. I have already shown proof the gun wasn’t properly adjusted at the factory during testing for a .177 caliber gun.

I did adjust the regulator down and got a reduction in velocity as I previously posted, wish a bit less, but tomorrow I will see if I get some of the claimed accuracy. Now to see if I get the right pressures when the pressure tester arrives.

Well to be fair blackpaw’s leshiy isn’t really suffering from design kinks, I think it was just a lack of qc with the rush to get them to market.

Regardless, there are plenty of design kinks as is. I'm also talking about all the trial and error of tweaking the rifle to get it to perform properly, which can be the case with many new rifles. Never again will I buy the first batch of any new release.

@jadedC, yes, but if the right part isn’t installed in the beginning that is a defect in the manufacturing / assembly in process, and quality control is making sure what was installed was properly installed. From a mechanical point of view I have not had an issue with the gun. I just don’t feel i should have to buy the correct part because a lack of quality control during the manufacturing process.

I do not KNOW if the wrong part in my gun, but I shouldn’t be told to buy one to get the gun right. I am only want the gun to be exactly what I paid 2200 euros for, which is around 10% more than you would pay in usa if you factor out sales tax.

Yen - I don't know what I'm going to do once I get the tuning done. 

Some tuning this morning with the .22/350mm barrel. Reg @ 100 bar. JSB 18.1gr pellets.

I'm not 100% sure if the same tuning philosophy applies to hammerless as it does to hammered, but looking at the table it appears the 0.3/0.7 combo would put me around max efficiency. 

This would put me at around 40ish FPE @ 140 bar with 25 and 34gr pellets. (based on some previous testing).

One thing to keep in mind with the tuning is that Brian mentioned not going above 1.7mm in total nozzle size. This is not a perfect science though, because we are looking at the diameter of a circle, the area is not proportional to the diameter becuase we use r squared to find area. So:

0.8mm/0.9mm nozzle combo = 0.5mm sq + 0.64 mm sq = 1.14 mm sq

0.4mm / 1.3mm nozzle combo = 0.13mm sq + 1.33mm sq = 1.46mm sq

This could get really intricate with the tuning so unless you plan to tweak using multiple size nozzles, I would start with the following tuning method:

• Start tuning with matching nozzle size pairs. 
  • Once you find the best pair size, keep one nozzle fixed at that size.
  • Go up and down two sizes on the other nozzle to find the ideal combo.

I'm glad you guys are willing to do all this beta testing and tweaking to figure out these kinks - I don't have the appetite for it. I'll jump back in and get the L2 again next Spring/Summer when (hopefully) most/all of these things have been straightened out.

Well to be fair blackpaw’s leshiy isn’t really suffering from design kinks, I think it was just a lack of qc with the rush to get them to market.

I don't think it was either kinks or QC issues. The airgun I received is perfect. I've shot close to 4,000 pellets through it without a single hiccup that wasn't caused my myself. 

I think it simply comes down to a lack of transparency and mandatory information at the time of release. I'm a tinkerer, and with the nozzle finally out, the platform is complete. 

Honestly I can't think of more than a handful of airguns where I can get 30fpe from a .22/350mm barrel @ 100 bar. 

@CTshooter, mine is not perfect so please understand my irritation. Regulator pressure was wrong which now I have to had to adjust and might need a whole new set of jets because they are set for 25 / 30 cal not .177. I will get them, but that is more for future when I do get a 25 / 30 cal.

I guess I have been told or it is implied it is me doing something wrong, and until yesterday other than put the shroud on and clean the barrel, nothing by me was touched on the gun. Now I am tuning and making it be as it should be when open the box.

Yes, these are all kinks not deal breakers, but these have to be acknowledged and if someone doesn’t have the right spring for their safety, the dealer should get them one out the next day, not say just stretch it. When it comes to something like a safety then dealers should bend over backwards to get the issue solved. Also, there is a hole on my grip at the bottom where it looks like there should be something inserted. What is supposed to be in this slot? In other photos it looked like something silver is supposed to be there. If there is supposed to be something there that is TWO things that were missed in the quality control inspections before my gun left the factory.

E60E7823-577E-4976-9442-2F77234E78DC.1606239929.jpeg

@mtnghost: 

One thing I did do last week is purchase the DonnyFL adapter for the Uragan and it fit the Leshiy 2's barrel just fine. I tested out noise reduction vs the standard shroud with my .22 Tanto and 25/30 cal Sumo, but the Leshiy 2 is in .177. NO perceived reduction in noise levels when I tried the two moderators vs the standard shroud so I just reattached the shroud.

@mtnghost: do you think I need to get the Ronin in say .22 cal to reduce the noise of the gun? Or should I wait for the new DonnyFL moderator @edgunwest showed?

The Ronin on its own wasn't much different than the factory (long) moderator. The only LDC setup that made a significant difference was the Ronin with the extension! When I say "difference", I mean it's comically quiet .. 

Yen - I don't know what I'm going to do once I get the tuning done. 

Some tuning this morning with the .22/350mm barrel. Reg @ 100 bar. JSB 18.1gr pellets.

I'm not 100% sure if the same tuning philosophy applies to hammerless as it does to hammered, but looking at the table it appears the 0.3/0.7 combo would put me around max efficiency. 

This would put me at around 40ish FPE @ 140 bar with 25 and 34gr pellets. (based on some previous testing).

One thing to keep in mind with the tuning is that Brian mentioned not going above 1.7mm in total nozzle size. This is not a perfect science though, because we are looking at the diameter of a circle, the area is not proportional to the diameter becuase we use r squared to find area. So:

0.8mm/0.9mm nozzle combo = 0.5mm sq + 0.64 mm sq = 1.14 mm sq

0.4mm / 1.3mm nozzle combo = 0.13mm sq + 1.33mm sq = 1.46mm sq

This could get really intricate with the tuning so unless you plan to tweak using multiple size nozzles, I would start with the following tuning method:

• Start tuning with matching nozzle size pairs. 
  • Once you find the best pair size, keep one nozzle fixed at that size.
  • Go up and down two sizes on the other nozzle to find the ideal combo.

Sean, once you get it all figured out and are bored of it, it should be time to "optimize" one of your other rifles and sell the L2 to me. P/M me when you're ready. Thanks in advance!

@Blackpaw - I'll agree that your issues should have been taken care of before shipping. It sound like you got a gun that was setup for .25/.30 and then someone just slipped a .177 barrel in a sent it to you. I don't think that would be on EdGun but rather the dealer. The safety is something the dealer should check and yes I agree should be working when you receive it. Gonna send you a PM.

The hole is definitely for a magnet to hold your mag plate when reloading instead of buying the modified mag holder they sell to do the same. My grip didn't come with the cutout, strange!

While it should have had a magnet installed if it has a cutout, at least you don't have to mount an additional "mag holder" to do the same job.

Amazon sells these pretty cheaply.

In a way you're lucky it has it if keeping the standard grip as if you don't fit a handguard the platform can run out of space quickly depending on what you mount to it.

But still...minor and not so minor things all add up.

This is the supercar of the pcp market, I'd be pissed if my brand new ferraris brakes didn't work and a wheel lug was missing! Same deal

My guess is that they prepared that for a magnet and then they thought: "Hey, we can sell it as an option, more money for us". It seems that magnet is a must have so you pay for that anyway. What a nice economy!