EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Does anyone know the factory setting for the regulator for the L2 in .177? I am shooting 10.34 grain JSB Heavis at over 950 fps, and with pretty good accuracy, but I want to slow it down a little.

I SWEAR I read a list of pellets Ed used to “calibrate” the L2 per caliber. For the .177 I SWEAR I read it was the 10.34 gr JSBs / Edgun pellets, thus I would like to try this pellet for a bit, but I want to know what the factory setting pressure is before I “turn things down.”

Thanks.

Just in case folks get confused by seeing a picture of a rifle with a reg tester installed followed by a video that does not showcase the reg tester... It is not the intent of the platform to shoot the gun with the reg tester installed. Results will vary significantly with and without reg tester installed. Plenum volume and air transfer are not optimized at all with the reg tester installed. It is intended only to document regulator output pressure.

Joe

@blackpaw I have one for sure. It belongs on a bench as a set up tool though. Not in the shooting fields. The end of the tester has an orifice that is smaller than the transfer port. It is not intended to be shot with the tester installed... that was my only point.

D79D0D2F-D5D2-4652-9347-2C552623BA5B.1606053187.jpeg

My regulator wasnt marked from the factory. The .22 was to come at 120 bar but when I used the tester mine read 136 bar. I adjusted mine for an additional 15 bar for total of 150 ish. So using the allen wrench at 12 oclock i estimated slightly more than 30 degree as 30 degree gives you +- 10 bar. Not as easy as I thought as I wound up closer to 160 bar. backed it off a little and im right on 151 bar. With out the reg tester you really are going to be clueless to what the actual pressure is especially after changing multiple times as you can be off a few bar + - every time you change it. But no biggie if your happy with the results. I like the method of marking the reg end with a sharpie so you dont forget what it was last set at. A little acetone (nail polish remover) will take the last marking off. My Power Jets are on the way so i hope to get the .30 X 450mm running soon then change back to .22 X 350mm and play with the puck to see if I can get one combination tune that will work for both calibers buy just changing the Puck on the .22.. Im not looking for the most shot count, i would rather have a heavy accurate .22 pellet or slug at a decent speed for FPE than the lighter pellets it is preferring now. I dont know if it is possible with the twist rate of these barrels yet, just wishful thinking. 

It would be great if you could publish the data you get, more than the number of shots, because that depends on the tank chosen by each one, rather for precision, namely: regulator pressure, pellets and barrel ... if you get a Perfect tune, it would be great for the rest of us who haven't received our L2s yet. Thanks a lot

by the way, which barrels do you have, the Alphas or the LW?

Accuracy post:

Weather in the northeast has been getting cold. Today it's 45, damp, rainy and just nasty out. Shot these from my kitchen. A little larger than minute of thumbnail. 

Top target - 50 yards, .25/450mm barrel, FX 34gr pellets @ 770fps, 8 shots with one flier. Each outer ring is 1/2" so I'd say 7 shot ~.75" group. 

Bottom target - 46 yards, .25/450mm barrel, JSB 25.39 @ 870 fps. I'd say a little over 1 inch on the group of 8 shots. 

Leshiy .25 50yards - 1.1606145808.jpeg

I just want to call out bull dinky on those videos showing the L2 with popcorn accuracy. It's just not true. I don't know about getting MOA from an airgun that shoots the pellets from the magazine. Shooting with 8X scope but I'm sure on a nice day I could tighten these up, and these were shot right out of the tin.

Thanks @ctshooter, I just did a 10 yard shoot (yes means nothing literally as fast as I could shoot, I did a 5 shot group, and the FX Chrony got 4 of the 5. You always have to use an odd number in trials if less than five for standard deviations. 5 shots in 1 secondish, ignore one shot, and this is LITERALLY pellet on pellet and a screenshot of chrony data.

27E48CE3-673B-4244-A93C-D0D1F67E2462.1606147224.jpeg
09F1DB49-FFE3-4BAF-B779-A4C251085BFF.1606147224.jpeg

@leatherman based off your comments about your Leshiy 2 not being adjusted correctly when you received it, I ordered a regulator tester today from EdGun West. I am a person who always wishes to know, vs wonder, I don’t like surprises, including surprised birthday parties.

In regard to my post, 10.34 grain JSB Heavies / unsorted out of tin which I dropped today on the floor (I will probably be finding pellets for the next year) all still at out of the box settings (which I am 85% aren’t what they are supposed to be.)

Though a very limited scope, what I thought was interesting is there was only a 6% drop in velocity between shot 1 to 4. I can’t fake the numbers from the Chrony because I no where near those hacking skills, if I did have them, I would be in a different profession. 🤣

Has anyone else with a regulator tester had their Leshiy 2 not be set to their proper factory setting?

@ctshooter, here is another two strings, and maybe you are right on shots 4 and 5 in the previous readings. Here are two strings with a top off between the shots, and as fast as I could pull the trigger and it is even better data. I copied and pasted to Notes so I could get it all in one screenshot.

The difference in fps 0.722% for 14 shots, so the little regulator is doing its job to be consistent (yes with a top off).

Edited PS. I haven’t cleaned the barrel, and have shot 4 different types of pellets through it since the last cleaning, but all different JSB. Heavy, Hades, Monster and Beast.

4D82CAEE-2129-4366-92BC-955F85BC7D7D.1606150279.png

Okay after pulling the shroud and cleaning the barrel I had a some jump around, more than I think i should after just a barrel cleaning. So I went ahead and pulled the restock apart and did a adjustment of the regulator 5 mins of angle. AND while I was doing it went the rest of the way and put the 300 cc bottle on. Tomorrow / Wednesday, I will give some data, but here is the package.

Photo shows the regulator was set to 130 Bar, (I did not write the and was told it should be 120 bar for a .177, see previous post and if @edgun or @edgunwest want to chime in feel free.

Yes, mistakes made no big deal, but it makes sense to me on why the 10.34 gr pellets are running so hot. If I am wrong please correct me.

I am going to let the rifle sit overnight with the new bottle on and check for leakage, hopefully I did it right. And no the 300 cc bottle does NOT interfere with the closing of the rifle.

55B91852-4CA0-46DA-BB85-7CC7A8C43D27.1606166600.jpeg
616950D9-AF9A-4D4A-9099-836D5E7CD290.1606166601.jpeg
B9792C1F-A749-46A4-AD54-5044FEAAE784.1606166602.jpeg