EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Is that on all barrel lengths? Im guessIng the length of barrel would have as much bearing as the caliber on which size nozzle would give the best efficiency. So maybe if my order had been for a .22 X 250 Instead of the 350mm barrel, it would have had a different nozzle. I remember a video where Ed mentioned something about the guns were going to be shipped with two sizes of something in the valve, one for 177/22 and one in 25/30. But I may be wrong. It was too many videos ago and didn’t make any sense back then. It would make sense to do that and then offer the nozzles to tune as desired. 

I got my reg tester to seal today. I just got some pliers on the knurled knob and cranked it very tight. It is now touching the tube when it is tightened. You can’t reverse the gauge with the bleed screw because the holes are machined differently. One has a flat base with an O ring for the gauge and the one for the bleed screw has a cone shape with a ball bearing. Anyway my reg was set at 136 bar from the factory . I adjusted the reg to 151 and installed my .30 x 450mm barrel. Tomorrow I will see what I get with JSB 45grn. And NSA 44grn. Slugs. At this point I know I’ll need a different set of nozzles but it will be a start. I am anxious to see how the 30 does on squirrels.

This is all coming together to make sense now. I'm trying to remember what mine had written on it when I got it. I ordered a .22/250 and a .30/350 at the same time with my first order and I think it's already wiped off the stock nozzles at this point.

This is all coming together now with the video Ed put out about different nozzle sizes. When I first got the L2 I thought it was referring to the orange pucks. Not I see that it was referring to these little brass nozzles. I wish this information was a little more forthcoming prior to the initial release. It would have saved a lot of headaches and forum threads that got pretty heated.

Hi,

This is my OEM valve from a .25/250mm Leshiy 2

4CFBB994-80D0-48F4-824F-69F565A760C7.1605692235.jpeg

As you can see, mine has only one jet. I don’t know the size yet as I didn’t check when I opened it. As far as I’m concerned the bigger the size the shorter time takes for the valve to close. There will be lots of combinations, you can use two jet or only one (as the one I’ve got). I would rather wait for Ed to teach us on how to tinker.

Hi @edgun - Ed, I just wanted to say, and I am sure others feel the same, that I really appreciate your active involvement in this chat and in general, listening to your customers to make their experience with your product. I think I have already said this to you, but the Leshiy 2 is a work of art and I can't wait to start tuning it for my personal needs at this time.

Hi,

This is my OEM valve from a .25/250mm Leshiy 2

As you can see, mine has only one jet. I don’t know the size yet as I didn’t check when I opened it. As far as I’m concerned the bigger the size the longer time takes for the valve to close. There will be lots of combinations, you can use two jet or only one (as the one I’ve got). I would rather wait for Ed to teach us on how to tinker.

This is completely the reverse of how it works. But it's not my place to explain the internal intricacies of how the valve works. I'll leave that for Ed.

OK I just tested my .30 x 450mm after setting the reg to 151 bar from the factory set 136 bar. I got 609 fps with NSA 47 grn. slugs and 646 fps with JSB 44.75 grn. pellets. Not much improvement over the factory setting 136 bar and 620 fps with the JSB 44.75 grn. This would have been very disappointing prior to us knowing about the nozzles. My thinking is this valve needs to breathe longer for this barrel and caliber combination. But it may be just the opposite ? Assuming the #7 on my nozzle means .7mm and both are both the same size I at least have a base line of .14mm to start from. So for you guys wanting to change out your barrel to a .22 / 350mm , at 135 bar with .14mm nozzles is a good tune for 16 to 18 grain pellets. MtnGoast had mentioned that .25 / .30 guns came with .4mm nozzles which if thats correct is opposite from the way I am looking at it . I would think with every increase in caliber size the total nozzle volumes would increase too for a middle of the road tune. Can someone confirm what size their 30 caliber came with. Then we see Kikopower has one nozzle hole blocked off and one large nozzle in his .25. But he doesnt know what size it is yet and he didnt mention his barrel length. I think when we all start experimenting with the nozzles and reg settings we need to also give the barrel length so we are all on the same page. All this now brings up the only thing I dont like about this gun and that it doesn't have a means to adjust the regulator or change out the nozzles without degassing the whole system. But that isnt that awful unless you are hand pumping. 

BlackPaw, The regulator in the Leshiy 2 is the same design as in the Classic or at least the way it is adjusted with an allen wrench. There is no indication marks or numbers to tell what the setting is at so as the videos on the classic OEM regulator show how to adjust with 30 degree turns for every 10 bar increase or decrease depending on which direction you turn, is close. I was shooting for 150 bar and it took me three try's to get to 151 where I stopped. you don't need the tester to adjust the reg but without it you really dont know what you got without a gauge. and if you loose your place or dont remember what it was last set at, your screwed.

Leatherman - a few notes to your post.

The hole you see in the top of the nozzle is not its size. There is a much tinier hole if you look down into the nozzle. We don't know the exact size of the one nozzle so it's hard to determine dwell time.

You have to think of the nozzle size as the speed at which air flows in to push the valve closed. The air has to fill a specific fixed internal volume to push the valve closed. I hope this clears up why there is an inverse relationship between nozzle size and dwell time. If the nozzles are larger, air flows in faster to fill the fixed volume, and the valve closes faster. If the nozzle is smaller, it takes longer to fill the fixed air volume, and dwell time is longer.

I've seen about 10-12 bar adjustment for every 1 hour (30 degrees) of turn.

OK I just tested my .30 x 450mm after setting the reg to 151 bar from the factory set 136 bar. I got 609 fps with NSA 47 grn. slugs and 646 fps with JSB 44.75 grn. pellets. Not much improvement over the factory setting 136 bar and 620 fps with the JSB 44.75 grn. This would have been very disappointing prior to us knowing about the nozzles. My thinking is this valve needs to breathe longer for this barrel and caliber combination. But it may be just the opposite ? Assuming the #7 on my nozzle means .7mm and both are both the same size I at least have a base line of .14mm to start from. So for you guys wanting to change out your barrel to a .22 / 350mm , at 135 bar with .14mm nozzles is a good tune for 16 to 18 grain pellets. MtnGoast had mentioned that .25 / .30 guns came with .4mm nozzles which if thats correct is opposite from the way I am looking at it . I would think with every increase in caliber size the total nozzle volumes would increase too for a middle of the road tune. Can someone confirm what size their 30 caliber came with. Then we see Kikopower has one nozzle hole blocked off and one large nozzle in his .25. But he doesnt know what size it is yet and he didnt mention his barrel length. I think when we all start experimenting with the nozzles and reg settings we need to also give the barrel length so we are all on the same page. All this now brings up the only thing I dont like about this gun and that it doesn't have a means to adjust the regulator or change out the nozzles without degassing the whole system. But that isnt that awful unless you are hand pumping. 

BlackPaw, The regulator in the Leshiy 2 is the same design as in the Classic or at least the way it is adjusted with an allen wrench. There is no indication marks or numbers to tell what the setting is at so as the videos on the classic OEM regulator show how to adjust with 30 degree turns for every 10 bar increase or decrease depending on which direction you turn, is close. I was shooting for 150 bar and it took me three try's to get to 151 where I stopped. you don't need the tester to adjust the reg but without it you really dont know what you got without a gauge. and if you loose your place or dont remember what it was last set at, your screwed.

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/valkyrie-airgun-accessories/item/leshiy-2-power-jets/

re-read my description 

I hope we can tune the guns better, because in this video looks like a popcorn machine!!!

Something ain't right with that gun/setup/barrel. I don't know, could be clipping, but that is a poor example or the L2's accuracy.

Also wondering what is meant by single loading?

It means he single loaded it with small tube that takes the place of the mag

If I’m assuming correctly, the Leshiy 2 has two valves like the huben. One to open air flow, one to stop air flow. It’s interesting that the Leshiy 2 controls the dwell of the closing valve with port size compared to the huben’s closing valve which uses spring tension to stop air flow. I’m fascinated by the way Ed approached the hammerless platform

If I’m assuming correctly, the Leshiy 2 has two valves like the huben. One to open air flow, one to stop air flow. It’s interesting that the Leshiy 2 controls the dwell of the closing valve with port size compared to the huben’s closing valve which uses spring tension to stop air flow. I’m fascinated by the way Ed approached the hammerless platform

No, just one valve. Opened from the front and closed from the back. It's an amazing design. I don't feel appropriate sharing details, but the design is so simple it's genius. It's all about sucking and blowing air at the right times.

I don’t know why you would need to feel appropriate 😂. If someone wants to copy Ed’s design they won’t rely on second hand information to do it, they’ll just buy a Leshiy 2. It can be disassembled so it’s not that hard to see how it works. 
Im asking because I’m very intrigued by non conventional platforms such as the hammerless system. And even more so intrigued to know how those systems work. Makes you appreciate the machine a little bit more