EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Leshiy Tuning:

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/edgun-leshiy-2/item/leshiy-2-power-jets/

I was just clicking around on EdGun West and noticed Brian had posted these tuning nozzles for sale. The link on the website gives a pretty good description of how the dwell can be modified and its impact on the shot. Basically the valve is closed by an in flow of air through the nozzles. The time it takes for the air to flow through the holes in the nozzles to push the valve closed is how long the valve will dwell open. So if the holes in the nozzle are bigger, more air flows and dwell time is less. When the holes are smaller, it takes more time for the air to flow through the nozzles thus increasing the dwell. My understanding is that it only takes a 0.1mm change in the internal nozzle diameter to impact the dwell time.

The cool thing about this tuning using nozzles and reg pressure is that you don't have to go about resetting hammer spring tension every time you adjust the reg pressure. 

Hello to everbody, and im about to recibe my Leshiy 2, my choice has been, 250 mm barrel, 25 cal, and 130 psi, in one word, the standar one...my question is about pellets and accuracy, i just bought 2 tin of Hades, becouse my intencion is using for pest control, no more than 50 meter distance, i want to know if this pellets is the right elecction, or if there is better opctions out ther, i dont want modification the settings of the gun, just shoot with the best amo for my configuration and intencions. Any coment will be very welcomed, couse im an absolut beginer in this brand and gun, i was a Fx guy...but the Leshiy rock my world in Pcp guns...a game changer without any doubt. Many thaks all of you that take the time to answer me. Un saludo.

Leshiy Tuning:

I was just clicking around on EdGun West and noticed Brian had posted these tuning nozzles for sale. The link on the website gives a pretty good description of how the dwell can be modified and its impact on the shot. Basically the valve is closed by an in flow of air through the nozzles. The time it takes for the air to flow through the holes in the nozzles to push the valve closed is how long the valve will dwell open. So if the holes in the nozzle are bigger, more air flows and dwell time is less. When the holes are smaller, it takes more time for the air to flow through the nozzles thus increasing the dwell. My understanding is that it only takes a 0.1mm change in the internal nozzle diameter to impact the dwell time.

The cool thing about this tuning using nozzles and reg pressure is that you don't have to go about resetting hammer spring tension every time you adjust the reg pressure.

And thus the "magic" is revealed.....

BTW, I talked with Brian last night about the reg tester and having to crank on the air release knob to get it to seal...and it my case it not sealing. He advised to swap the gauge and knob with each other (move the ball bearing with the knob to the other side), as they're threaded the same. We spoke last night, so I haven't tried it but he did it with success. I'll give it a shot over the next few days. There were plenty of threads left on the knob when I moved it...

Hello to everbody, and im about to recibe my Leshiy 2, my choice has been, 250 mm barrel, 25 cal, and 130 psi, in one word, the standar one...my question is about pellets and accuracy, i just bought 2 tin of Hades, becouse my intencion is using for pest control, no more than 50 meter distance, i want to know if this pellets is the right elecction, or if there is better opctions out ther, i dont want modification the settings of the gun, just shoot with the best amo for my configuration and intencions. Any coment will be very welcomed, couse im an absolut beginer in this brand and gun, i was a Fx guy...but the Leshiy rock my world in Pcp guns...a game changer without any doubt. Many thaks all of you that take the time to answer me. Un saludo.

I don't see why the Hades wouldn't be a good option. They shoot very well out of my .25/450mm barrel, but I do get at least one flier per mag. Since every barrel is a little different YMMV. Some other pellet options could be:

• FX Hybrid slugs
  • H&N FTT 20gr (if you want a bit more speed)
  • H&N Barracuda Hunter
  • JSB 25gr

I'm not mentioning the 34gr pellets as you may not get them up to an acceptable speed with the 250mm barrel, but they could be worth a try too. I had them going 895fps out of the 450mm barrel with amazing accuracy.

So those Jets were a work in progress, I highly recommend you wiat for Eds video on how to use them. He will be providing important information and data. You've waited this long. When you get time just leave them until he shows everyone how to use them.

I know some of you are going to ignore this advice

Whadda ya' mean? ;) I thought we were just pioneers........ :p

So those Jets were a work in progress, I highly recommend you wiat for Eds video on how to use them. He will be providing important information and data. You've waited this long. When you get time just leave them until he shows everyone how to use them.

I know some of you are going to ignore this advice

I think it is good I don’t have my gun yet😉 Looking forward to Ed’s video🍿

Leshiy Tuning:

BTW, I talked with Brian last night about the reg tester and having to crank on the air release knob to get it to seal...and it my case it not sealing. He advised to swap the gauge and knob with each other (move the ball bearing with the knob to the other side), as they're threaded the same. We spoke last night, so I haven't tried it but he did it with success. I'll give it a shot over the next few days. There were plenty of threads left on the knob when I moved it...

Or chuck up the knob and shave the shoulder of the knob just a hair. That little ball will form the seat on its own with some encouragement.

4F1FDF67-083F-4DD2-98D1-DD1C548BB2C6.1605627958.jpeg

Awesome that Ed will demonstrate how to use the jets! I have plenty of pellets for now and have the sizing dies in bound also! No hurry here, I am really looking forward to this whole experience with this rifle. Thanks Brian for the heads up that we will need to have more information about the jets to get the most out of them. That’s why I am on the forum.

Leshiy Tuning:

This is the magic, indeed. A must for anyone that tunes their airguns!

Thanks Cshooter, i will try other options, one question it seems there are some flyers in the Leshiys, could be for the clipping pellets in the moderator? when i bought a moderator i used to buy a bigger size, what i mean if i bought 22 cal gun, then i bought 25 moderator size...do you belive that is a good option buy a 30 moderator for the 25 cal gun? im pretty sure they can give to me with 30 cal moderator no cost, because at least in two mouths time the Leshiy wont be here. thank for your words.

You might want to try out the stock moderator and see if it works for your needs first. I am using the Tishina kit with mine so its .25/.30. I haven't seen any clipping issues, but the .25 Hades still seem to throw one shot each time out of 8. I'm shooting straight from the tin.

I also use a .22 Koi attached directly to the barrel via 14x1.25 endcap and I am hole in hole out to 20 yards with a variety of pellets. 

The one setup which did not work at all, and I've seen a few pictures in this long thread of, is mounting the Valkyrie hand rail and then snugging up a moderator to the end of the rail, but not snugged to the threads of the barrel. This produced terrible results with 3-4" or more groups at 40-50 yards. I've found best results and no clipping with the moderator snuggly threaded onto the end of the barrel. This is where the Koi shines (and I imagine the mod Brian is working on with Huma as well) as it will fit inside the Valkyrie hand rail. 

Edit note: I think it's also important to realize that the Leshiy 2 is easily able to overpower most pellets. I was shooting beautifully with the FX 34gr .25 @ 895fps and when I switched to the JSB 25gr .25 I was sending them near 950-960 fps and they were horrible. Same thing happened when I was tuned to shoot the JSB 25gr .22 pellets around 880 fps - switched to the 15.9gr pellets and was sending them around 950-960 fps again and terrible. Dropped the 15.9 back down to 850 fps and hole in hole is possible. 

So, your theory is, sometimes less is more, less muzzel speed more accuracy? sounds good, cause the only thing here is the accuracy, at the same time if we can save some air much, much better, the problem is that the costumer, at least by now, we dont know how to regulate the pressure...still wating for the video...any pellets has its sweet spot, but for tunein it, we need to kwon how to do it...with 130 bar as standar...im affraid is too much speed for 26,34 gr of the hades...or not, i have to wait to see the results..may be someone out there can give me some light in this topic...Ctshooter thx your replay...

Leshiy Tuning:

you might want to purchase a 5mm hex socket to remove and install the tuning nozzles. I took my valve assembly off to measure the nozzles and one of them has #7 written on it so I'm assuming it is .7 mm? This is a .22 x 350mm from the factory. Id be interested in what size your .25 and .30 guns have from the factory. 
nozzle.1605646281.jpg

Yes, I would like to crank the speed down. I thought Polymags would be good, but they are pushing over 1000 FPS out of my Leshiy2 .177 / 350 mm barrel. 10.34 hades and exacts 960 FPS.

In my 10 tin order I did order some JSB redesigned in 13ish grain so i will see how they do in the Leshiy 2. I would like to crank the 10.34s back to around 900 FPS 

Leshiy Tuning:

you might want to purchase a 5mm hex socket to remove and install the tuning nozzles. I took my valve assembly off to measure the nozzles and one of them has #7 written on it so I'm assuming it is .7 mm? This is a .22 x 350mm from the factory. Id be interested in what size your .25 and .30 guns have from the factory. 
nozzle.1605646281.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the .25/.30's come with #4's (0.4mm).