• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

830 is totally normal I feel it important to provide factual information.. Straight from Edgun " we tried every size plenum, the most change we experienced was 3%, changing the plenum was useless"

This was the first question I asked Ed about adjusting the power for you guys

I do confirm it, we used both bigger plenum in test to get more energy and smaller plenum to get less air consumption in small caliber and energy. The maximum deviation in results was just 3 %. So we decided to leave this volume of the plenum as standard for all the calibers and energies. Don't forget that is not the classical valve and it works in diffrent way not as you are used to :)

It seems that the energy is limited by the valve opening/closing times. There may be some potential to improve the design.

To start, I had a seal between the foster fitting and probe (do this always) and I still had the leaking. 

Photo from my original string trying to solve the problem....Arrow is the location coming out...it is not between the probe and foster fitting.

4B8FBA69-25A7-4717-844A-11610E3E6E96.1605127628.jpeg

I have pushed the probe in as far as I can and as I mentioned replaced both o-rings with the extras that came with the gun. And i have tried filling from both sides, same issue. In my string @jwilson showed me a part/s I didn’t get with the gun, but I think Francisco is getting them to me, and I will confirm in morning. Parts are below what @jwilson showed me I didn’t and don’t have.

1C1AE668-E9BE-43F8-88A6-3D5BE7D39EA4.1605128158.jpeg

My L2 .22/350mm shoots 18.1's @ 945 fps average for 36 fpe out of the box, if that helps anyone. I'm throwing the RD's now, but haven't had a chance to clock them yet.

I’m not getting any where close to 945 FPS with 16 grain pellets out of my 350mm .22 out of the box. Getting in the 890’s so 18.1’s would be slower yet. What chronograph are you using? I tried to use the reg tester today for the first time. Put it on but the compressor wouldn’t get above 1000 psi. Turned it off and it leaked that pressure out. Took the tester off and put everything back together and it took a charge no problem. Has to be leaking somewhere but I couldn’t detect where, any way the regulator end had 130 written on the end where the adjustment screw is. I thought the .22’s were set at 120 bar. So why is it marked 130? The tester will tell what it really is once I figure where the leak is. The regulator tubes threads didn’t regulate with the tester either. It was 180 degrees off so the butt was upside down when it bottomed out. I thought everything was supposed to pretty much align when assembled.

I'm using a brand new ProChrono DX. I will say that I had some funky readings to start with...all over the board. Over 1000 and then down under 920. I also had some imbalanced air usage between my 1st and 2nd mags, where the 1st mag would use up 85-90 bar and the 2nd 35-50 bar. I was worried (kinda am a bit still) there was something wrong with the regulator, but was hoping that it needed to settle in with time and use. I still don't think I'm 200 shots through it yet. I had a couple of issues with the OEM mod and the aluminum hand guard so Brian and I have been sending parts back and forth. That and my compressor dying right as the L2 came has kept my shot count down. But the air usage had settled down and has balanced out the 100 bar per both mags better and it was shooting consistently when I took that string, so I think it's settled down. I have my parts coming tomorrow so I'll clock some more numbers on Saturday and post them up.
My first couple of mags were all over too but settled down. Some were over 1000 FPS but the H&N 16 grain Barracudas are shooting around 890 . My concern is I continue to get a flyer or two on every mag. I’m talking about 1” out at 40 yards. The rest are 1/2” group which I’m happy with but I have been shooting at squirrels and starlings and the sound seems different on some shots and I’m missing easy shots. I’m trying to be consistent on the trigger pull. I need more time shooting targets over a chronograph to see how consistent the speeds are. Something just isn’t consistent but it could be me. Time will tell. Anyone else having this issue? I’m going to adjust the reg slightly and see if that has any effect. 

My first couple of mags were all over too but settled down. Some were over 1000 FPS but the H&N 16 grain Barracudas are shooting around 890 . My concern is I continue to get a flyer or two on every mag. I’m talking about 1” out at 40 yards. The rest are 1/2” group which I’m happy with but I have been shooting at squirrels and starlings and the sound seems different on some shots and I’m missing easy shots. I’m trying to be consistent on the trigger pull. I need more time shooting targets over a chronograph to see how consistent the speeds are. Something just isn’t consistent but it could be me. Time will tell. Anyone else having this issue? I’m going to adjust the reg slightly and see if that has any effect. 

Have you checked your moderator for clipping? That's what was happening to me. Getting strange fliers. Then I checked down the barrel from the breech...I don't even think I was doing it to check for clipping...and could see a sliver of the mod at the end of the barrel. On the classic you could just spin the end cap and re-tighten it., but not so on the L2. I'd check that.

@ctshooter, here is a close up of the o-rings on the probe and these are the ones that are the replacements for the original ones. Remember the gun arrived new in the box less than 24 hours ago, and the issue started as soon as I started tryin to fill the gun. It is like air IS getting into the air reservoir but the rest is bleeding out like mad.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

B5FE1F24-8DFA-4B39-AAB3-A74D0AC8403C.1605159607.jpeg

I'm trying to get a baseline to know what to expect before I receive my L2. If a 350mm .30cal is set to 800-830 fps with 44.75gr, what fps should I expect from the 250mm .25cal shooting 25.39gr or 34gr JSBs' by just switching the barrels?

I got you. Here are the numbers for my "let'r rip" tuning. These are my results testing 26.54gr JSB Hades and JSB King Heavy MKIis with the 250mm .25 barrel:

• 127bar - Hades: 775 MKII: 715
  • 130bar - Hades: 790 MKII: 725
  • 140bar - Hades: 800 MKII: 740
  • 150bar - Hades: 810 MKII: 760

I'm running my L2 with the 350mm though full-time, the velocity and quietness are much better for me in this config (no plans to go any longer than it is now!)

MtnGost, thanks for providing your results. Are you using stock 25 cal orange power puck or are you using a 30 cal orange power puck?

The transfer port pucks do not matter that much for power tuning. I also wouldn't run anything smaller than the bore diameter.

Finally got this little guy. Been chewing on my T111 plywood on my shed this summer. The walnut tree beside the shed was too much for him and he was distracted. Shot him from the garage about 45 yards. Missed him on the first shot and got him on the follow up shot when he turned to see where the shot came from. I am still figuring out this trigger. My experience so far is to as Brian explained , pull the trigger rapidly and not squeeze it until it goes off. There is a definite difference in the way the shot sounds and the gun is more consistent accuracy wise with a consistent quick trigger pull. Anyone else experiencing this?

9BB2612F-600B-4FBC-B753-129DA6CA89DB.1604452560.jpeg

Very nice looking setup Leatherman!

May I ask, how have you attached your spare magazines to the side of the Leshiy as shown in your picture?

Very interested in this, so any advice, tips would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking into tubular magnets with a hole in the centre to somehow attach to the rifle in a similar location…

I bought two 90 degree picatinny rails off amazon and two washer magnets from K&J magnets that have a hole in the center and they are covered in a black plastic. I milled the picatinny rail off the 90 degree and left a little less than 1/8” of material so I could get the mags in as close as I could. The magnets are 1/4” thick but the post on the magazines are around 5/16” so I had to drill a hole for the post to be able to go in and the magazine would bottom out on the magnet. Then I just super glued the magnet to the rail mount. The magnets hold the magazines tight so they won’t fall off. I use the magnet to remove the disc when I reload too. These magnets could be mounted along the side of the tactical hand guard as well with super glue. 
224C23FC-D58F-42A6-A43E-9C96B64DF364.1605310106.jpeg
065A071F-2E4E-4678-9EAB-48E610532DDC.1605310107.jpeg
F753B586-A8FD-438F-8499-930C7A8807A4.1605310108.jpeg

3F423FAE-B8C9-4C15-BEEF-2E0BAC077C6D.1605310264.jpeg
E4219D64-63E9-4BF8-A040-0EA916959F28.1605310265.jpeg
3D96CC02-A963-4B60-AF2F-9C89F18B3BD3.1605310266.jpeg